PDA

View Full Version : If Angel And Buffy are considered horror--

Cereal Killer
04-07-2004, 08:58 PM
Then I feel safe posting this.

Anyways, I'm not sure how many Family Guy fans are here, but WOOT, they're bringing it back from the dead. Yay-yay-yay-yaaayy-yay.

Family Guy OWNS YOU! (http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|87172|1|,00.html)

Heehee, I feel like happy little schoolgirl on crack.

Arioch
04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
There arent very many shows that family guy DOESN'T own.

Sam The Egg
04-07-2004, 09:53 PM
uh...Buffy and Angel are a lot more horror than Family Guy, I don't get the comparison

Cereal Killer
04-12-2004, 02:29 PM
A bit of sarcasm leading on to my dislike of Buffy and Angel. I think they are stupid supremo. Sorry if it didn't tickle your humour bumps like it did mine. Just because it deals with the whole supernatural gig doesn't make it horror, and I hardly find it scary. At all, in the least, whatsoever. It drama is gaggy, too.

Yeah, I expect to be attacked by wild fangirls/boys any moment after I post this. I'll just get my holy water ready.

Arioch
04-13-2004, 01:21 AM
A bit of sarcasm leading on to my dislike of Buffy and Angel. I think they are stupid supremo. Sorry if it didn't tickle your humour bumps like it did mine. Just because it deals with the whole supernatural gig doesn't make it horror, and I hardly find it scary. At all, in the least, whatsoever. It drama is gaggy, too.

Yeah, I expect to be attacked by wild fangirls/boys any moment after I post this. I'll just get my holy water ready.

Agreed. And no need to turn this into a flame war or anything, but it reallly doesnt do any justice to vampires or anything else it deals with. Its like 7th heaven about vampires, it really hurts the subject matter and Horror in general.

But many people on this board like it, i guess it appeals to those age groups:rolleyes: Hey so does American Idol tho so what do I know...

Sam The Egg
04-13-2004, 04:53 PM
I've seen 7th Heaven, it's totally different

Targangil
04-13-2004, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't say Buffy and Angel are horror, but to suggest they are hurting the subject matter is ridiculous.

Sam The Egg
04-13-2004, 06:09 PM
agreed. Maybe, MAYBE, if they were widely considered horror, but I don't think anybody really consideres them horror

Cereal Killer
04-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Yeah, but the majority of the viewing fanbase that I knew did consider it horror. Since they considered me a "scary gothy girl" (in pink that giggled alot? I don't get it) they assumed I absolutely LOVED Buffy and yadda yadda and would come up to me and say, "Oh did you see that? Wasn't it scary?" And then I'd blink and not know what in the world they were talking. I don't think it's "hurting" the genre persay, but it is an insult. And an insult to supernatural folklore. It was primetime teenfest drama with an "unusual" basis, considering most of them are focused on a group of kids in highschool and their "problems".

It was on the WB for God's sakes. How horror is that?

Hey, I like American Idol! :p Simon is the greatest!

Arioch
04-18-2004, 01:59 AM
Alright, ill retract my statement that its hurting the genre of HORROR, but what i ment more specifically, is it definitly puts a teen spin on Vampires or things of that nature. I mean for christ sake, the goddamn Buffy MOVIE was more serious than the show is. And thats pretty out there, i mean its one thing to be comedic about the subject matter of Vampires, ie. Buffy, The Lost Boys, etc., but its quite another to blatently market it right down to teenage girls now isn't it.

Hey im not saying its bad or wrong, im just saying I dont get into it. And from a horror standpoint, dont see how anyone can take it seriously.

Vodstok
04-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Sarah Michelle Gellar in tight shirts, Allison Hannigan a lesbian?

I think it is very heavily gerared towards teenage boys, and dirty old men. Oh, yes, and it is about as scary as Firefly, Joss whedon's space "western"......:rolleyes:

What a dork. it's bad enough he ruined the aliens series with Ressurection.

feral cat
04-19-2004, 06:03 AM
What a dork. it's bad enough he ruined the aliens series with Ressurection!!!

I did not know he was resposible, but I think 3 had already put the nail inressurection just banged it into place!

Buffy and angel are harmless tv my only problem is the thousands of silly twats calling themselves wicans, that have cropped up post Buffy!, not to metion those that claim to practice black magic, hmm bet they would'nt be up for crowly walking them 3 days out into the desert and buggering them in a pentagram while he summened demons!

Feral Cat

Vodstok
04-19-2004, 06:06 AM
haha! yeah, dark magic in buffy is laughable. I was disappointed when the mayor turned into a "deamon" and a ll it was was a pansy-assed giant snake that got beaten by the graduating class..... snore.

I liked Alien 3, but i would be okay with them making another movie that forgets it happened. Bring back NEwt and Hicks!

cheebacheeba
04-19-2004, 01:36 PM
"I liked Alien 3, but i would be okay with them making another movie that forgets it happened"

vod....That's apparently what they're most likely gonna do with Jurassic Park 4....yknow, just in case anyone remotely gave a fuck....I myself really liked part 1 and 2 of both JP and alien, they both took a turn for the worse in #3...

As for buffy and angel, they might not be horror....but really, what horror, movie or otherwise IS horror nowdays?
I didn't like the last year or so of buffy much, but I think angel had been cool pretty much the whole way through, I think we're currently screening the season before the "final" season...at the moment, spike seems to have come over from buffy, as a ghost...and has since become solid again...so, how long before the end?

Cereal Killer
04-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
vod....That's apparently what they're most likely gonna do with Jurassic Park 4....yknow, just in case anyone remotely gave a fuck....I myself really liked part 1 and 2 of both JP and alien, they both took a turn for the worse in #3...

Turn for the worst? . . .it took a wrong turn alright, such a wrong turn the car caved in on itself and everyone died a slow horrible death.

The freggin' army and navy? Jesus, Joseph, and Mary.

Sam The Egg
04-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
Alright, ill retract my statement that its hurting the genre of HORROR, but what i ment more specifically, is it definitly puts a teen spin on Vampires or things of that nature. I mean for christ sake, the goddamn Buffy MOVIE was more serious than the show is. And thats pretty out there, i mean its one thing to be comedic about the subject matter of Vampires, ie. Buffy, The Lost Boys, etc., but its quite another to blatently market it right down to teenage girls now isn't it.

Hey im not saying its bad or wrong, im just saying I dont get into it. And from a horror standpoint, dont see how anyone can take it seriously.

Okay, there's no way the movie was more serious than the show is/was.

cheebacheeba
04-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Agreed fully, the movie was ok, but pretty much a 1.5 hour joke...clueless with vampires.
Maybe they watched it when they were really young or something....

Sam The Egg
04-24-2004, 02:10 PM
BTW, the script was apparently a lot different from what the actual movie ended up being. Wouldn't be surprised if the same was true for Alien: Ressurection

wufongtan
04-27-2004, 03:00 AM
whatwanna know is if buffy is and her gang are so smart how come they are gong on 30 and still at school?and how a school with so many murders and killigs didn't make it onto bowling for colubine?

cheebacheeba
04-27-2004, 04:11 AM
I must've missed the "based on a true story" announcements...

Sam The Egg
04-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by wufongtan
whatwanna know is if buffy is and her gang are so smart how come they are gong on 30 and still at school?and how a school with so many murders and killigs didn't make it onto bowling for colubine?

They aren't in school anymore, not since season 3 (I assume you meant High School).

wufongtan
04-27-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I must've missed the "based on a true story" announcements...
are you saying it wasn't real?

cheebacheeba
04-28-2004, 03:56 AM
I don't think there's any easy way to tell you this, man...:(

Sam The Egg
04-28-2004, 01:18 PM
are you saying it wasn't real?

Well, that depends on whether or not you believe in the theory that the whole series is a symbolic biogrophy of Alan Alda

sexybear
05-18-2004, 01:30 PM
I can't understand why anyone would think buffy the vampire slayer is horror.. horror is suppose to be scarry just because it involves the undead don't mean it's horror

Cereal Killer
05-20-2004, 05:11 PM

!! . . oh man, that is funny.

Bowling for Columbine was a kickass documentary.

Sam The Egg
05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
The authorities in Sunnydale probably kept the stuff about the deaths and murders quiet. The mayor was evil, after all