PDA

View Full Version : Horror movies based upon real events?


Amalthea
04-06-2004, 05:14 AM
Some horror movies should be based upon real events, but which movies is too long out to be true?

Killer Clown#1
04-06-2004, 06:36 AM
The texas chansaw massacre was based on the life of Ed Gein who ate young women

BudMan
04-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Whats wrong with eating young women?........OHHHH you mean literally!

Gein84
04-06-2004, 10:40 AM
ED GEIN WAS FRIGGIN SICK IN THE HEAD. HE LOVED TO WALK AROUND WEARIN PEOPLES FACES. TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE WAS BASED LOOSLY ON ED GEIN'S LIFE. THE ONLY THING THEY HAD I COMMON WERE MAKING THINGS OUT OF HUMAN BODY PARTS AND LOVING IT!

MichaelMyers
04-06-2004, 10:45 AM
TCM.

Gein84
04-06-2004, 10:49 AM
PSYCHO WAS ALSO BASED ON ED GEIN. NORMAN BATES HAD AN ATTACHMENT TO HIS MOTHER LIKE ED GEIN. THEY BOTH LIKE TO WALK AROUND AND PRETEND LIKE THEY WERE THEIR MOTHERS.

massacre man
04-06-2004, 02:07 PM
buffalo bill was based on gein also

fluffho
04-06-2004, 02:48 PM
tcm was roughly based off of gein. pretty much the only thing they got right was the nastiness he did to the people. the whole chainsaw thing was hollywood

exorcist was obviously based off of exorcisms. how exactly accurate, i dont know. i mean exorcisms = church. and churches love to blow shit up. i do know though that peopel get possessed, however in what mannor, thats another question. whether its the devil or some psychological thing (or a combo of both)

amityville was based off of the house. but we'll never really know what was the deal with that now will we.

from hell was based off of jack the ripper, thats pretty much accurate (well, except the whole thing about the detective FINDING OUT who it was, cuz they never did catch the real jack)

theres Monster, and others about serial killers but those arent really made to be horror, more like action/suspense

edit: and i reread the first post. as for 'what are too far out to be true' .... 99% of them???

massacre man
04-06-2004, 02:51 PM
o yeah with exprcist it was a real story but instead of a young girl it was young boy in real life

yay 600th post

Shinobu Kasagi
04-06-2004, 11:53 PM
in last house on the left it said it was real but i hope not because that was sick but i dont think the police would of been real lol

Randall_Flagg
04-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by fluffho

from hell was based off of jack the ripper, thats pretty much accurate (well, except the whole thing about the detective FINDING OUT who it was, cuz they never did catch the real jack)

Hey Fluffho.

Do you think they really didn't catch him? You know what. I think they DID catch him, but when they found out he was a nobody who had made them look like complete fools for so long, then they covered it up!

Randall_Flagg
04-07-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Shinobu Kasagi
in last house on the left it said it was real but i hope not because that was sick but i dont think the police would of been real lol

Nah... Left House wasn't real. They love to hang the 'based on true events' tag on films. It's amazing how many people will go to see a film just because it says that!

Shinobu Kasagi
04-07-2004, 12:24 AM
yea i guess cos the police were funy and i dont think there would of been anything funy while those girls were getting raped and peed on

Randall_Flagg
04-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Shinobu Kasagi
yea i guess cos the police were funy and i dont think there would of been anything funy while those girls were getting raped and peed on

Well it sure aint something I'd find funny at all... but this world is a very strange place mate... So you never know!

Shinobu Kasagi
04-07-2004, 12:39 AM
yea cos it was funy when the lady with the ducks in the boxes wouldnt give them a ride but it was kinda mean cos they had to go get those guys and the guy from karate kid three didnt fill up the tank so they had to walk and those girls got raped and killed but then the mom bit his penis off and that probably hurt and i heard they just used his belt but getting your belt bit off wouldnt hurt that much ya know cos its not part of you lol

McDonnyDude666
04-07-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
The texas chansaw massacre was based on the life of Ed Gein who ate young women

Actualy its not realy based on him but Tobe Hooper was inspired by Ed Gein, so Leatherface is loosely base on Gein and Norman Bates from Psycho and Buffalo Bill/James Gum where also loosely based on Ed Gein.

Gacy is based on John Wayne Gacy
Henry: Potrait of a Serial Killer was based on Henry Lee Lucas
Confessions Of A Serial Killer is also based on Henry Lee Lucas
Ed Gein is based on Ed Gein
Deranged is based on Ed Gein
Dahmer The Cannibal is based on Jeffrey Lionel Dahmer
Over Kill which was based on serial killer protestute but i cant remember her name.
From Hell was based on Jack the Ripper
Amityville Horror was based of a american hoax.

StaggerLee
04-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Nightmare on Elm street is kinda based on a real event. well obviously there's no real Freddy Krueger ro anything like that, but Wes Craven got the original idea for the movie, partly anyway, from a real life story. apparently some boy had been suffering from awful nightmares and after a while he started saying that the dreams were not normal, that they felt too real. and of course everybody just told him to take it easy, that they're just nightmares. the boy was supposed to take same sleeping pills, but he didn't and as his parents later foud out, he had a coffee maker hidden in his room (like Nancy had in the first elm street). then one night the boys parents woke up because the boy was screaming in his sleep. they ran in to his room and found him dead. the doctors found no reason for his death, no heart failure, nothing. the boy had just died while havin' nightmares...

XFeaRX
04-08-2004, 10:07 AM
Are you sure the exorcist was a true story? Most great horror movies are not real anyways. Some are just "inspired" by real events like Ed Gein was to TCM and Physco. But, I still think the best horror movies come from the imagination. Even though real events add to the horror factor because everything you see on screen really happened whether you can believe it or not.

DEICIDE
04-08-2004, 10:08 AM
I think your a homo.

XFeaRX
04-08-2004, 10:12 AM
I think you are a homo afraid to admit you are a homo so you call someone else a homo you homo!

DEICIDE
04-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Shinobu Kasagi
yea cos it was funy when the lady with the ducks in the boxes wouldnt give them a ride but it was kinda mean cos they had to go get those guys and the guy from karate kid three didnt fill up the tank so they had to walk and those girls got raped and killed but then the mom bit his penis off and that probably hurt and i heard they just used his belt but getting your belt bit off wouldnt hurt that much ya know cos its not part of you lol


You nip bitch, you sound retarded when you talk. And Yes, Last house was real. I am glad it is. Though unlike the movie, one girl did survive. Sloppy fuckers. hehe.

DEICIDE
04-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by XFeaRX
I think you are a homo afraid to admit you are a homo so you call someone else a homo you homo!
Shut up homo

DEICIDE
04-08-2004, 10:15 AM
How are you able to talk with a mouth full of dick?

Cerberus
04-08-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DEICIDE
How are you able to talk with a mouth full of dick? Damn, I gotta hand it to ya. You MUST be a homosexuality expert. Well, we all gotta have our niche. At least you seem to know something about ONE damned thing

McDonnyDude666
04-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by DEICIDE
You nip bitch, you sound retarded when you talk. And Yes, Last house was real. I am glad it is. Though unlike the movie, one girl did survive. Sloppy fuckers. hehe.

Why are you glad it happened (if it did)?You must be one sick puppy.

Lame hophobic insults are for high school not horror forums.