PDA

View Full Version : Mark Macready and the Archangel Murders

DCI DOYLE
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello,
I'm in the new underground Manchester hit 30 min horror/comedy Mark Macready and the Archangel Murders.We filmed this fully independantly and wondered if any of you guys could have a look at the trailer and tell us what you think.Also if the guys who run this website would like a copy of film to review please get in touch.The film is being submitted to festivals but would like to get some horror fan opinions.
Thanks all and hope to hear from you,
Paul

http://www.archangelmurders.com/

Angra
07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Are the actors overacting on purpose?

It's hilarious. Especially the lead dude.

Angra
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Well, except for the VERY low budget look I thought the trailer and especially the soundtrack was really, really good.

And the make-up effects was surprisingly well made.

Looks like a fun watch.

ferretchucker
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Obviously a lot of a work has gone into it, and it looks like it would be fun to watch. Although, I have to agree with Angra; the acting is very over the top. PLEASE tell me it's intentional.

Oh, and as for the guys who run the site getting a copy, the forum isn't your best bet of getting they're attention. You're probably gonna have to find a way to directly email them. Shouldn't be that hard.

DCI DOYLE
07-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi guys,
Thanks for checking this out,very much appreciated.
Yes the acting is intentionally like that and there's loads of it.Some very funny "naked gun" style moments in it along with some gen scary stuff.The composer is Scott Benzie who has worked on some horror/sci fi projects before and is absolutely fantastic.
I think it's prob the best horror to come out of Manchester since the "living dead" film,just wanted to get it's name out there a bit as i know horror fans would love it.We've had people in tears of laughter watching it then jumping out of their skin but wanted to branch out with it a bit.We had a screening at the 24/7 festival in Manchester and it's currently being submitted to a few others.New Yorkers are latching onto it and really getting the humour and we've got a facebook site with 400 fans on it now (via the website) and also budding filmmakers/actors/crew,anyone really who wants to see how an independant film gets made on a low budget and how to pursue your dream.It's a work of love from the guys who made it.Thanks for the comments and hope you get to catch it at a festival.Thanks Ferret,will email them!