PDA

View Full Version : Need some experts, please!

Cereal Killer
04-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Wooo, making a zombie movie. Have a script, have a setting, have a camera and the rest, have a cast, just needs some props and to actually film the thing.

If it's worth anything, I might want to enter it into some indie/horror film festivals but I really know nothing about that.

Does anyone know about anything about that area at all? I'd very much appreciate the advice, you sweet people, you.

Horror Child
04-21-2004, 01:47 PM
whats up,
Alright i hope what i write will be of some intrest to u.
well first i wasnt to sure what u needed area u neede help in so i will try and answer both.
with the prop problem i know a lot of people who sell props and equipment for haunted houses, film makers, ect. if u have a list of what u need i can try and help you find the cheapest place to find them.

Then for the entering it into a film fear fest type of thing your best resource would be the internet just go to a search engine they should be able to help u out also AMC (american movie channel) plays short films bye upcoming film makers which if it turns out all right u could always try there.

Now if u dont mind here is my 2 cents on your post just 2 let you know right now zombie films probably are not the best place for student film makers (even though they are easy to make and usually end up really cool to people like me who cant get enough of zombies and explict gore) but for most people watching the film it probably would be a little late right after Dawn of the Dead was released in theaters a month or 2 ago, so to do a film like that would have to have some major twists and turns to the story not just the "dead are amoung us run away leading to a final zombie take over or the heros figure a way to live through it." well that was just my advise so if u r intrested in it just reply i guess.
well good luck with your film i would love to see it if ever accepted to any festival what have u.
Horror Child
Monster

HappyCamper
05-18-2004, 04:21 PM
the only advise I can give you is to enter your film into as many film festivals as possible. Most film festivals, receive hundreds if not thousands of entrys, that a the festival board has to sort through and decide which ones should be shown to the public. So my advise is just that keep submitting and submitting your film into film festivals, one of them is bound to show it to the public.

I'm from Orlando, Florida and every year here, usually in May, there is a film festival, in its 13th year this year, called the

Brouhaha Film Festival. I've never been to it, but from what i've heard and read about it, they show some pretty over the top films. Also if your film is a short, keep it between 8-10 mins.

Also besure to find out what format your film needs to be on, it could be different from festival to festival.

hope your film works out...

by the way check out my two sites, i'm also working on a horror short that i hope to submit to festivals...

Projection Films (http://www.projectionfilms.blogspot.com)

The Day I Became a Vampire (http://www.becameavampire.blogspot.com)

Cereal Killer
05-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Aw man. Thank you both for your advice. My little film will be great.

Yeah it's late after the release of Dawn of the Dead but I wanted to show it locally and have actual zombie fans watching it, not audience all over America to do something with their weekend. It wouldn't matter to true fans when it was released. As far as the prop thing goes--that's been solved, but thank you very much for the offer. I nearly messed myself when I saw the gun we'd be using--my friend had in a bag I was carrying for her, and then went through during my Spanish class. I thought it was real, nobody told me it was there.

But yes, thank you both for your advice, again. Oh, and HappyCamper I hope your ventures come out great.

EDIT: Read some of your script man, MAJOR props for including Bauhaus. Especially that song.

HappyCamper
05-28-2004, 11:05 AM
Hey thanks Cereal Killer for reading my vampire short! What did you think of the storyline honestly? I wrote in it like one hour, one night when I couldn't fall asleep. Bauhaus is one of my fav bands so i wanted to put that in there as sort of a tribute, plus I love all the Bela Lugosi movies.

i'd like to read your script. pm me if you wanna send it to me.

AmarylandPsycho
05-30-2004, 03:29 AM
Tell everyone you know about it and get others to do the same. See if you can show it at local theaters and get into contact with troma they might be able to help you out.

CreativeMakeup
05-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Scream Fest LA is taking submissions for their lineup in October 2004 now.....

http://www.screamfestla.com/

Break a leg!