PDA

View Full Version : moving away from horror

Roderick Usher
06-06-2009, 07:27 AM
My writing partner and I still have several horror script in the works, so there will be horror films coming from us in the future, but we recently hooked up with an A-list director who has optioned our first non-horror script and he wants more of the same from us.

For the first time, we are actually getting paid money we might be able to live off of. I can't really get into any of the projects, but you can be certain that the blood will spill and violence level will be high.

The Director is not exactly happy about his dealings with Hollywood studios (sounds like a certain other director I've worked with lately) and he wants to start developing his own stories with writers he can trust and he has branded us "his guys" and we couldn't be happier.

Best of all he wants the next thing we work on for him to be tonally inspired by THE WILD BUNCH. He loves Peckinpah and wants to make movies with that same tough-guy aesthetic.

We will always come back to the horror genre, but it could be a while.

neverending
06-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Very exciting!

newb
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Best of luck Sean......and for the record....I love Peckinpah....sounds good.:D

scouse mac
06-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Great news! Its good that you have the option to not be limited by doing purely horror scripts.

Really like the 'inspired by Wild Bunch' potential. Best of luck with it

Roderick Usher
07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
We signed our contracts two days ago, so I guess it's okay to say ANTOINE FUQUA (TRAINING DAY, KING ARTHUR) has hired us to write a cop movie based on LAPD's SIS - 20 of the most highly-trained and loosely govorned law enforcement officials on the planet (they train Navy SEALS and Army Rangers in urban combat tactics).

These guys are real cowboys who track and bust (usually in a shoot out) L.A.s most wanted in the commision of major crimes. My partner and I have been interviewing retired SIS members and they are going to take us through "the simulator"! That's right, live fire with bank robbery, hostage and high-speed chase scenarios!!!!!!!

We have another deal in the works with him that should have casting news shortly. I'll keep you posted.

Ferox13
07-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Cool stuff - Good luck with these products.

Personally I'm a film fan first - sure Horror/exploitation is my fave genre but I watch them all (well maybe not Romantic Comedies). Like alot here I'm a big Peckinpah fan too.

Elvis_Christ
07-29-2009, 07:03 PM
Great to see your hard work paying off mate!