PDA

View Full Version : Timing Out

Zero
05-24-2009, 06:22 AM
ok - this is probably a stupid technical question but i'm technically stupid so there . . .

anyway - do other folks get timed out of the forum a lot? i tend to post when i'm at work and then i'll get wrapped up in some actual work or other nonsense and then when i come back i'll want to post something only to find i have to sign in all over again. not a big issue but annoying enough that sometimes i figure 'screw it' and just don't post. (i have used the 'who's on' function to avoid the timing out but it isn't really convenient). personally, i think i should be signed in at all times in case something witty or insightful springs to my simian mind and i want to enlighten you all with it but . . .

cheebacheeba
05-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Yeah, sounds like you're timing out there.

bloody_ribcut
05-24-2009, 07:16 AM
no timing out here.

Doc Faustus
05-24-2009, 07:42 AM
I haven't signed in for two months.

neverending
05-24-2009, 07:48 AM
When you login check the box that says "remember me." It sets a cookie and you shouldn't time out.

newb
05-24-2009, 07:53 AM
When you login check the box that says "remember me." It sets a cookie and you shouldn't time out.

I want a cookie

Haunted
05-24-2009, 09:10 AM
I used to get timed out too, Zero. The I set the "remember me" box, and now all is well. What in the shit are all of these changes about anyway?

crabapple
05-24-2009, 09:52 AM
The quick time out is one of those so-called "simian safeguards," they do it to make it harder for the monkeys to get in and wreck everything as they are wont to do. I don't agree with it, necessarily, but it's what they do, and they claim it cuts down on monkey maintenance costs.

scouse mac
05-24-2009, 09:57 AM
If using a work computer, the remember me box might not be the way to go. You may just have to keep posting witty and insightful comments on a regular basis.

dewaholic
05-25-2009, 03:26 PM
I want a cookie

Have you ever wondered why they call it a cookie? While I'm at it, I also wonder why they call spam, spam. I mean, it's not virtual canned meat or anything. Maybe someone was really hugry when they came up with the names.

Elvis_Christ
05-25-2009, 09:44 PM
I want a cookie

one of those PSYCHO DISCO COOKIES?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nPnresvmek