PDA

View Full Version : screenwriting software

psycho d
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
i am currently studying the basics for screenwriting and have come across many references for screenwriting software, such as Movie Magic. Does anyone here use this or a similar product? If so, would it be recommended for a beginner such as myself. Thanks.
d

Doc Faustus
04-23-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes. Mine's called Microsoft Word.

Roderick Usher
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM
if you are serious about screenwriting, you need FINAL DRAFT - it is the industry standard. I use it every day. It is glitchy as hell, but the instant formatting and multiple formatting styles make it an essential product for screenwriters.

The_Return
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
I'll never say anything bad about Celtix...thats what I use and it's treated me well. I dont do very much and I'm FAR from professional, but it's free, helps you format properly, and has a bunch of cool features.

I'd have to bet it wouldn't hold up against "real" screenwriting software, but like I say - free and simple. Thats enough for me.

http://celtx.com/

psycho d
04-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks. That is just what i needed to hear. i will check out Celtx and keep Final Draft in mind if i need a more serious program. Ashe.
d

bwind22
04-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I use Movie Magic. Works great, half the price of Final Draft and very user friendly.

the_real_linda
05-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Another Celtx user here, they are always updating, and i've had no problems with the program at all.