PDA

View Full Version : Whats that film called?

mikski
03-15-2004, 04:25 AM
Please help, i was talking about films the other night when i recalled a horror from my youth. Thing is i cant remember the name.
It goes something like this.
A luxury yaught spots a lone man floating on a raft in the middle of the ocean i think he is dressed as a vicar. They take him onboard but he turns out to be the devil, all sorts of weird stuff happens. It may be in the bermuda triangle, also i'm sure its a 70's film.
Any ideas?

TANKMAN
12-25-2005, 05:07 PM
mikski, this movie is also the one that I am searching for the title of and is the main reason why I am on this forum!! I saw this movie, here in Australia, in the '70's and it has haunted me ever since! I am 38 years old, so I probably saw it when I was about 10 I suppose. I thought the title was "The Devil's Triangle" but have not had any luck confirming this. The final scene shot in the Coast Guard helicopter still gives me chills when I think about it. For others, several people are on a yacht when they see what appears to be a priest floating on a piece of wreckage from a boat. They take him on-board, but one by one they start dying in gruesome ways (swordfish sword through the eye etc.) The Coast Guard comes to rescue them, but the priest is the only survivor. In the final scene, shot from the helicopter, you can see somebody dressed in black hanging by his neck from a mast. The Coast Guard crewman still on the yacht radios to the helicopter "I thought you said you had the priest with you. We have him here hanging from the mast". The pilot turns around to face the "survivor" and says into his radio " if you have the priest there, who do we have here?" The camera zooms in on the priests' face as he lets out the most chilling and frightening laugh I have ever heard. The helicopter then continues flying away with the devil on board. Scary stuff! WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS MOVIE????:cool:

bwind22
12-26-2005, 04:55 AM
I believe the film you two are talking about is called 'The Bermuda Triangle' (1978). It's also known as 'The Devil's Triangle of Bermuda'.

Here's the link to the film I'm talking about on imdb.com (Great website for figuring out this sort of thing). Check it out and see if this is the one you're referring to...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078417/