PDA

View Full Version : Chain Letter

itsshellysworld
01-08-2009, 03:27 PM
check it out...
Death, evil and fear surround the secret history of chain letters, a few of which have stayed alive across time and generations with terrible warnings that force recipients to ask: If I break the chain, will something bad really happen? Consider the 1978 case of Corey Davis, a prep athlete who laughed when he tossed a chain letter away - until authorities found him dead at the bottom of Lake Tolulemme wrapped in chains like a failed Houdini wannabe, the soggy remains of an ominous chain letter stuffed in his gaping mouth. The crime never was solved. Or what about 17-year-old Talia Curtis, whose face was ripped off when a giant chain fell from a tree as she hurried though a New Jersey park in 1992 sobbing, a forgotten chain letter still tucked in her pocket? Police say the incident left her best friend in the Napa Institution for the Mentally Insane, where she sits all day murmuring, "The letter, the letter�." Some say the most menacing of these letters are descendants of the First Letter, a chain letter passed from Lucifer himself to a Dark Angel in an attempt to forward his Evil to everyone who fails to believe. Fast forward to 2008, and a group of six friends from Carlson High School who receive a mysterious chain letter that moves from their email accounts and text messaging to a creepy little icon that begins haunting their My Space pages. Who knew they should take the threats of these messages seriously? Or that chain letters can kill? As the friends battle the curse or a perpetrator targeting them - how can they know for sure??? - friendships are tested once the ominous message begins killing them in the more gruesome ways imaginable, turning one friend against another, with "rules" that seem impossible to escape: The chain letter must be passed to the person you know best and have seen over the past 24 hours. That person must open the letter. Break the chain and a horrible death awaits you. Beat it and you just might live. Do you pass it on? Does friendship mean anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgM6AvqA2KQ

Roderick Usher
01-09-2009, 11:43 AM
a chain letter?

eek... I'm terrified

neverending
01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
C'mon Rod- you're always saying anything can be scary as long as it's done right!

BillyJeans28
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Nikki Reed is starring in a movie called Chain Letter...
i was watching twilight and i totally remembered that nikki reed is now in a horror movie. well more horror than twilight haha
but yea this isnt a chain letter but the movie seems pretty good you guys should check it out...
but careful u dont want to be caught up in a chain letter

Elvis_Christ
02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Nah, I'll be OK thanks.

scarecrow666
02-24-2009, 06:39 AM
A maniac murders teens when they refuse to forward chain mail.:rolleyes: ...................Whatever next.

Staal
02-24-2009, 07:35 AM
Seems like a lame plot. Might be some good killings in it tho.

"If you don't forward it, you die"

scarecrow666
02-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Yeah. Id glance at it if it does.

BillyJeans28
04-09-2009, 01:35 PM
has anyone heard of this movie? Nikki Reed filmed it before twilight. i thought her only independent movie was Thirteen. pretty interested of how she was before she got even more famous.

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss6/BCHit_2009/banner_chainletter.jpg

Roderick Usher
04-09-2009, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDG5M1FzunE&feature=related

Look he has bloody chains... and it's a chain letter movie! Get it?;)

This film looks terrible. I recieve script querries about chain letters at least once a month. I reject every one of them. It is a lowest-common-denominator concept that could only be scary to someone under 12 years-old.

It's like Bigfoot scripts or Shroud of Turin scripts - there are thousands of them circulating around Holllywood at any given time and all of the writers thing thier take is really original.

The problem with Chain Letter films is that NO ONE writes letters anymore and NO ONE believes in supernaturla power of a chain letter, so the entire concept is lame.

If it's email, then it is even worse... what could be less threatening than an email? Or a tweet? Or a myspace message?

BillyJeans28
04-24-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDG5M1FzunE&feature=related

Look he has bloody chains... and it's a chain letter movie! Get it?;)

This film looks terrible. I recieve script querries about chain letters at least once a month. I reject every one of them. It is a lowest-common-denominator concept that could only be scary to someone under 12 years-old.

It's like Bigfoot scripts or Shroud of Turin scripts - there are thousands of them circulating around Holllywood at any given time and all of the writers thing thier take is really original.

The problem with Chain Letter films is that NO ONE writes letters anymore and NO ONE believes in supernaturla power of a chain letter, so the entire concept is lame.

If it's email, then it is even worse... what could be less threatening than an email? Or a tweet? Or a myspace message?

its a movie for pete's sake...of course its not going to scare people over 12 years old. IMO im more interested in how the director uses his skills in making the movie

Elvis_Christ
04-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Looks utterly shit. I won't be wasting my time.

henke
08-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Here a link to another trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgM6AvqA2KQ&feature=related

I think this movie looks more professional than most other indie movies I've seen.

Alhambra143
09-28-2009, 11:46 AM
You guys heard of this movie? All I know is that Nikki Reed and Matt Cohen are in it... =]

_____V_____
11-08-2009, 06:09 AM
New Films has picked up worldwide rights to Deon Taylor's horror pic "Chain Letter" and will release the film in the U.S. next year.

Pic, which is being screened for international buyers at the American Film Market, stars Nikki Reed ("Twilight," "Twilight Saga: The New Moon"), Betsy Russell ("Saw" franchise) and Brad Dourif ("Child's Play").

Storyline follows a serial killer who preys on teenagers. His target: Teens who fail to forward a chain letter.

As part of the deal, New Films also is handling international sales for Taylor's comedy "The Hustle."

New Films considers "Chain Letter" a pic with franchise possibilities, according to Taylor and the firm's prexy Nesim Hason.

Todd Slater produced "Chain Letter" through his Slater Brothers Entertainment shingle.

HQvf4G3a6EU

jasperado
12-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm totally going to check this out! loved nikki reed in twilight she's going to be awesome in chainletter... let's just hope she doesn't get killed in the film!

jasperado
12-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Here a link to another trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgM6AvqA2KQ&feature=related

I think this movie looks more professional than most other indie movies I've seen.

Agreed. You all down-talk it for looking cliche or cheesy, but it's got a concept that although might be popular in scripts has never been in theatres. So we'll see how it goes. If you don't want to see it, don't have to . But ive got an extensive moviewatching schedule this year and this movie is on it.

massacre man
12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I like that Brad Dourif is in it. I don't like that people who aren't Brad Dourif are in it.

solo
01-21-2010, 09:41 AM
hey i just heard this movie was going to be in the Berlin, De film festival thats cool, and i just checked out the trailer and it was cool i will go see it.

squit03
03-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Nikki Reed new movie Chainletter is coming out in theaters May 21. I cant wait to see it i love Nikki Reed

holmes.chris15
09-21-2010, 02:43 PM
What does everyone think of the movie" Chain Letter" ? Its coming out in two weeks, it looks like a good movie from the trailers. Is anyone even anticipating it? Havent heard much about it.

Elvis_Christ
09-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Doesn't sound very exciting or scary.

Haven't really thought about it since it was first spammed on here.

Sistinas666
09-21-2010, 03:32 PM
I watched the trailer. It doesn't seem like something I'd like, I'm gunna pass on this one. I will recommend it to my 13 year old son though, it looks like something the teens would dig.

illdojo
09-22-2010, 08:27 PM
What does everyone think of the movie" Spam Letter" ? Its coming out in two weeks, it looks like a good movie for me to spam on this board. Is anyone even anticipating me spamming my gay movie? I have heard a lot about it.

Sounds killer, dip shit. ;)

holmes.chris15
09-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Sounds killer, dip shit. ;)

WOW! :rolleyes:

butlerjill92
09-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Saw a commercial for the other day didnt really seem to be that good, saw onhttp://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chain_letter_2010/ that its going to be a limited release . Chain Letter seems like a movie that ive already seen before, I prefer movies with more plot and originality.

holmes.chris15
10-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Saw Chain Letter on saturday, the movie was hands down the best horror movie ive seen this year. It actually had a storyline and a plot, unlike most other horror movies where it all about the kill scenes and not about the acting. Nikki Reed was great in Chain Letter, this movie was sooo good I might go and see it again.:D

Sistinas666
10-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Saw Chain Letter on saturday, the movie was hands down the best horror movie ive seen this year. this movie was sooo good I might go and see it again.:D

Have you seen any other horror movies this year?:confused:

holmes.chris15
10-08-2010, 03:18 PM
Have you seen any other horror movies this year?:confused:

Haha what can I say I like comedies, and yes ive seen other movies. I just feel like Chain Letter was one of the best this year, mainly because it has great plot and cast which is rare in a horror movie these days.

endo
10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
A friend of mine downloaded this movie and Machete. Watched both...and they were OK. Wasn't crazy about either of them, but they were OK to watch with a six pack.

butlerjill92
10-12-2010, 08:56 AM
A friend of mine downloaded this movie and Machete. Watched both...and they were OK. Wasn't crazy about either of them, but they were OK to watch with a six pack.

I agree Chain Letter was nothing to write home about. Hopefully a part two wont be made because.................................

holmes.chris15
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Dose anyone know what dates are for "Chain Letter" DVD and Blu-Ray? I have to add this movie to my collection. :)

Sistinas666
10-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Dose anyone know what dates are for "Chain Letter" DVD and Blu-Ray? I have to add this movie to my collection. :)

Febuary 31st 2011 to dvd and blu-ray. I hope it dose live up to the hype.

kalvin
10-18-2010, 03:31 AM
I have recently watched Chain Letter movie with my friends. We had a great time by watching this movie,,I have even download this movie so that I can watch it any time when I want..:):)

TheLostEyeball
10-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Ill add this to my list :)

kalvin
10-21-2010, 03:33 AM
That's good. & I am sure this movie will surely be your favorite..!! :):)

benny02
10-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Chain letter movie is a good one to watch once but not that impressive to be watched again and again.

dolby
11-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Chain letter movie is a good one to watch once but not that impressive to be watched again and again.

Yeah i am agree with you Chain letter is worth watching but only once.