PDA

View Full Version : Black Sabbath

kpropain
02-28-2004, 09:42 PM
Anybody listen to old Sabbath stuff?

moonsorrow
02-29-2004, 12:54 PM
ok...what the fuck are trying to say? are you blind dumb or drunk?

kpropain
02-29-2004, 01:02 PM
I was asking if anyone likes Black Sabbath or are you to stupid to figure it out?

moonsorrow
02-29-2004, 01:04 PM
they rule, they paved the way for all other metal bands, but you gotta be pretty fucking high to understand that junk you just tryed to write up there.

kpropain
02-29-2004, 01:07 PM
LOL I was a little drunk at the time I posted it but oh well. I went back and changed it.

moonsorrow
02-29-2004, 01:12 PM
hehe, if i hada penny for every drunken fucked up post i made id be a ritch man.

Angelakillsluts
02-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Not really. I like Ozzy Osbourne's solo stuff though. My friend is convinced they are the best band ever, so I've heard enough of them to know what I think.

Arioch
02-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Not really. I like Ozzy Osbourne's solo stuff though. My friend is convinced they are the best band ever, so I've heard enough of them to know what I think.

100% what i was gonna say. I like his solo stuff, especially the randy rhoads stuff, but nothing in black sabbath really did anything for me. While i do respect their influence on the genre, much like Iron Maiden, and the Misfits, i just never got into their music.

wheels128
02-29-2004, 04:55 PM
I like some Sabbath stuff but it pisses me off when people say they're the heaviest band in the world. They did a hell of a lot to pave the way for death metal, and for that they should be given lots of respect. But I guess I've never really seen the attraction to them.

Cult_King
02-29-2004, 05:26 PM
I like some songs like "No More Tears" and "Iron Man"

Arioch
02-29-2004, 06:52 PM
like some songs like "No More Tears" and "Iron Man"

No more tears was Ozzy, not black sabbath i believe. Randy Rhodes OWNS!!!

Angelakillsluts
03-01-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Arioch
No more tears was Ozzy, not black sabbath i believe. Randy Rhodes OWNS!!!

It's kind of funny to watch those old videos with Ozzy and Randy Rhoads, because Randy looks like a child next to Ozzy. :p

Ritualistic
03-02-2004, 01:39 PM
I prefer Black Sabbath.. \m/ My first concert was an Ozzy Osbourne concert when I was 7...

wheels128
03-02-2004, 09:53 PM
7... nice. I was 18 when I went to my first concert. The wonders of having parents who don't want you to listen to music, then don't give you any money, and then you compound the problem by having no job.

NirvanaNole
03-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by wheels128
I like some Sabbath stuff but it pisses me off when people say they're the heaviest band in the world. They did a hell of a lot to pave the way for death metal, and for that they should be given lots of respect. But I guess I've never really seen the attraction to them.

I've never heard anyone try to claim they are the hardest band in the world. I think you're missing others' point. Black Sabbath are to heavy metal what The Beatles are to pop/rock music. Although when you compare their music with must generations later, it may appear they aren't groundbreaking, when you compare Sabbath to any music prior to them, you'll see why they are the grandfathers of heavy metal. I'm not the biggest Sabbath fan, I can see Sabbath and Zeppelin are the beginning of true hard rock/metal.

Before Sabbath/Zeppelin, there was no hard rock, IMO.

last bad move
03-07-2004, 01:12 PM
dude i like ozzys stuff but i dont understand how people like blizzard of ozz better than sabbath, sabbath is the best and it was when ozzy was in his prime. i see ozzys solo as allmost a 80 band, not as bad as hair bands. but i do agree randy rules, fucking shame what happend.

ps. bill ward fucking owns the drums

bloodrayne
03-08-2004, 04:06 AM
Are you serious???

War Pigs
Generals gathered in their masses
just like witches at black masses
evil minds that plot destruction
sorcerers of death's construction
in the fields the bodies burning
as the war machine keeps turning
death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds... Oh lord yeah

Politicians hide themselves away
they only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah

Now in darkness, world stops turning
as the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of god has struck the hour
Day of judgement, god is calling
on their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
ALL RIGHT NOW

What's not to love?...Killer guitar and awesome drums on this one, too:)

SFF
03-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Are you serious???

War Pigs
Generals gathered in their masses
just like witches at black masses
evil minds that plot destruction
sorcerers of death's construction
in the fields the bodies burning
as the war machine keeps turning
death and hatred to mankind
poisoning their brainwashed minds... Oh lord yeah

Politicians hide themselves away
they only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait 'till their judgement day comes, yeah

Now in darkness, world stops turning
as the war machine keeps burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of god has struck the hour
Day of judgement, god is calling
on their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings
ALL RIGHT NOW

What's not to love?...Killer guitar and awesome drums on this one, too:)

I love that song, but then I love pretty much ALL of Black Sabbath's stuff. I remember the first time I heard War Pigs, only it was a cover version done by Faith No More, not Black Sabbath. It was on "The Real Thing" album, I believe. That was a great album, by the way. But, back to Sabbath, I thought one of their most unusual albums was "Sabotage." I have not been able to find this one anywhere on CD. I used to have the old vinyl record version, but lost it years ago. The whole sound of it was very...ummm...eerie. I liked it. They had a style all their own. Nobody else has ever sounded like them. Some people have said that Nirvana had Sabbath elements in their music,:rolleyes: I think not. Nobody sounds like Ozzy, which is why I never really liked any of their other albums they did with various frontmen. Well, Ronnie James Dio was OK on the Heaven and Hell album, but the rest were inferior, IMO.

Favorite Sabbath tracks:

Changes
War Pigs
Am I going Insane?
Iron Man
Planet Caravan (Remember the Pantera cover of this one?)
Black Sabbath (Intresting idea. Naming a song after the band)
Stonehenge
Hole In The Sky
Paranoid
Rat Salad
Electric Funeral

wheels128
03-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SFF
Some people have said that Nirvana had Sabbath elements in their music,:rolleyes: I think not.

In my opinion, there were similarities between the two - they both get sucked off by Kerrang! Magazine in every issue with at least two mentions per article on anything to do with rock/metal. But yeah, musically there are no similar sounds at all.

SFF
03-10-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by wheels128
In my opinion, there were similarities between the two - they both get sucked off by Kerrang! Magazine in every issue with at least two mentions per article on anything to do with rock/metal. But yeah, musically there are no similar sounds at all.

Well, Sabbath deserves all the sucking off it gets. As for Nirvana, uuuhhh......NEVERMIND. LOL

joeltrae
03-10-2004, 03:18 AM
I have every album by Black Sabbath from 1970 to 1983. Sabbath, single handedly created a new ART FORM. That art form is called HEAVY METAL. Long live metal!!

wheels128
03-11-2004, 01:22 AM
That they did, but I think a lot of bands took what Sabbath created to a new level.

SFF
03-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by joeltrae
I have every album by Black Sabbath from 1970 to 1983. Sabbath, single handedly created a new ART FORM. That art form is called HEAVY METAL. Long live metal!!

Well, as everyone knows, I love Black Sabbath, but I don't feel that they "single-handedly" created Heavy Metal. What about Judas Priest? I think, I could be wrong though, that Judas' "Sad Wings Of Destiny" album came out around the same time as Sabbath was coming onto the scene. Anyhow, I do know that the term "Heavy Metal" was invented and first used by Steppenwolf in "Born To Be Wild."

EDIT: My bad. "Sad wings of Destiny" came out in '76. However, Priest's debut album "Rocka Rolla," was released in '74, just 3 years after Sabbath's self-titled debut. And they were both formed in Burmingham. So i think it is fair to say that they BOTH had a hand in creating Heavy Metal.

last bad move
03-29-2004, 08:38 AM
my dad says dio was a better singer than ozzy i dont think so but is there anyone here that does?

SFF
03-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by last bad move
my dad says dio was a better singer than ozzy i dont think so but is there anyone here that does?

I'm one of those people who doesn't believe in better singers. I think that all good singers are great in their own way. Was Ronnie James Dio good IMO? Yes. Better than Ozzy? No. But Ozzy was not better than him either. They are both good in their own unique ways. Only a close-minded person uses the words "Better than" when reffering to singers. They all have something special.

Thor
05-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by last bad move

I think Dio has more range than Ozzy but it's just my opinion agree or disagree doesn't matter Heaven and Hell, Die Young. Great but Ozzy still has his solo thing and that was good. But I do share the opinion that Dio is a better singer than Ozzy...

HappyCamper
05-25-2004, 10:44 AM
To me Ozzy was Black Sabbath, not to say that Bill Ward, or Tony Iommi or Geezer, didn't make the Band! I just believe that all four of them made Black Sabbath better than did the three of them plus Dio, IMO.

kpropain
05-25-2004, 11:23 AM
As far as vocal ability and range Dio is the better singer, but however I love the way Ozzy's voice sounds as far as tone a lot better. Sad thing about Ozzy is years of drugs and alcohol have ruined his voice.

Thor
05-25-2004, 04:05 PM
I can agree to that. but I still like Dio for Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, The years with Black Sabbath, and His solo career.

Elvis_Christ
08-21-2005, 02:59 AM
Easily some of the greatest music ever written and one of the most amazing rhythm sections ever put together.

Electric Funeral, Into The Void and Hand of Doom are some favorites of mine.

Dio did great stuff for these guys (motherfucking amazing voice). Didn't really like the Ritchie Blackmore stuff.

Elvis_Christ
08-21-2005, 03:01 AM
Easily some of the greatest music ever written and one of the most amazing rhythm sections ever put together.

Electric Funeral, Into The Void and Hand of Doom are some favorites of mine.

RoLLiNLiGhTs
08-21-2005, 09:13 AM
No doubt bout it....Black Sabbath rules...

there's nothin else that needs to be said...