PDA

View Full Version : short story

MythMan84
02-26-2004, 07:10 PM
They surrounded him tearing away at his very soul, the tormenting, the suffering, but that, that is when it happened.

It was dark just outside of the limits of Porcupine city where the unthinkable began. Tom was just driving his old red 68’ Chevy when a man like beast leaped in front of his car. “What the Hell?” exclaimed Tom, as he opened his car door. The beast was just lying there underneath his hood. He knelt down to inspect the body when its eyes opened. It was like nothing he had every seen before. So blank so lifeless. “Oh my god…” The animal rose t it’s feet unscathed. It raised its hand slowly towards Tom as it muttered something under its breath. Some sort of red lights swarming around him then surrounded Tom. He fell to the ground quickly as his complexion began to fade. Then the creature standing in front of Tom looked as if it was growing stronger and stronger as Tom grew weaker and weaker. As Tom’s skin and life was fading away the animal just stood and stared. Then the human like beast crept into the dark woods leaving Tom’s corpse to deteriorate and decompose.

The bayou used to be full of believers and wonderers but now that machinery has filled the area imaginers have been disappeared triggering an old curse upon the small town. The town itself had even begun to fade; the spirit of the people began to disappear along with the people themselves. Creatures began to attack the townspeople, not killing them but turning them into one of themselves. They were just…. horrible.

It was once again dark outside the limits of Porcupine city as it was 20 years ago as Carols and Pete pulled their dark gray pickup up to the small abandoned toll both. “Why the hell is this old thing out here?” “Ah prolly just for looks” replied Carlos in a thick Brazilian accent. Carlos opened the door and walked towards the booth to pull up the passing arm when something or someone stumbled out of the woods. “Help…. me” mumbled the raggedy old man. “B-b-ut, what’s wrong with you?” stuttered Carlos. “Their coming, they…are…coming…from…the…Waterfr…” The old man managed to utter as he fell to his knees and died. “Holy Sh…!” exclaimed Pete. As Mark said this as the old man’s chest began to glow red as if something was living inside of him. Pete reached into his truck and grabbed his 12 gauge. But by the time he had done this, the old man’s stomach had already grown larger and had begun to break. A small black demonic type creature had burst out of the old man. It began to grow beginning to gain form as if a winged wolf like man. The creature had raised its arm as the one had twenty years ago, Red lights shot out of its hand towards Carlos. They surrounded him tearing away at his very soul, the tormenting, the suffering, but that, that is when it happened. The creature started to glide slowly towards Carlos when a thin beam of white light shot through where the creature’s heart would have been. Four more beams shot through the animal’s torso. The demon fell to its knees as five more beams shot straight through its neck decapitating it. A humanoid angel type being flew down from the skies flapping its large pure white, silky wings. Its feet touched the ground seeming to make no impact. “I am Mark I am here to aid you in your quest to rid this land of these monstrosities.” “W-w-hat are you talking about?” muttered Pete. “You have seen what these beasts have already done that man, we must stop it and I am here to help. These “demons” called Igneites feed off of the human soul, once they attack the soul they start to absorb it giving them more and more strength until they can break out of the host’s body. After they are able to get out of the host they then begin to feed off of other’s by sending a flurry of red lights, which surrounds the victim extracting the soul’s aura externally. Now these are the demonic creatures that we must hunt down and rid the earth of.” “This ain’t true.” “Man it’s gotta be, I mean you’ve already seen what’s happened” “Nn-now, it cant be though, it’s just not true.” Pete muttered. “Please you must believe me, it is true. Beings like me from the upper realm have been at war with the creatures of Hell. And the cross fire has landed here on earth which you have already witnessed.” But why are we the ones who have to help you fight them.” “Because…because you are the only believers who are left.” “What do you mean?” “You are the only people left who believe in the mysterious, and you coming here has finally let us be able to come, for when the nonbelievers camethat opened a portal of which the demons could come an reek havoc on this world.” “But how exactly can we help” “you can help the most Carlos for you are already skilled with firearms am I right?” “Uh, yes I have been around guns for a long time” “and you Pete I know that you have been around melee weapons like your fathers sword in the back of your truck.” “Yes that is true” “I have one more question for you Pete, why exactly were you carrying your father’s sword in your truck?’ “ I-I-I don’t really know, I guess I did it unconsciously” “Ha, unconsciously maybe, or maybe the reason that you knew that you would need It.” “Need it, how?” “See your father is now a seraphim he knew this war would come as predicted in the book of revelations. Therefore he has blessed the sword knowing that I would come to help you defeat these hellish beasts. And Carlos your father I know left when Pete’s did so know he is a seraphim also. Blessing you with sure shot accuracy and your guns with the ability to defeat the Igneites. Thus helping you kill of the army of Hell!” “But we shall need training shall we not?” “Oh believe me with the blood inside of you, you will need no training.”

i've added more

PLEASE tell me if you like it, and any ideas for improvement

Sam The Egg
02-27-2004, 04:44 PM
I've got a great idea
http://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=30

Ultimamk
03-02-2004, 07:28 PM
How scary, I completely agree with Sam.