PDA

View Full Version : New Batman movie cast updates (Not horror, I know)

Sam The Egg
02-24-2004, 12:40 PM
Lead villain is set...

Ken Watanabe (The Last Samurai) is set to play Ra's Al Ghul, the lead villain in Batman: Intimidation. The flick begins production next month.

Christian Bale stars as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Katie Holmes will play Wayne's girlfriend; Michael Caine will play Alfred the Butler; Liam Neeson will play a mentor to Wayne and a friend of Wayne's father; Cilian Murphy will play a villain, possible Scarecrow; Morgan Freeman will play an employee of Wayne Enterprises.

Credit: Hollywood Reporter

This movie should kick ASS!

Evisceration
02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Why'd you post it here if you knew it wasn't horror?:confused:

I'll probably see it for the sake of seeing it, but Batman Forever was probably the best.

Sam The Egg
02-24-2004, 03:08 PM
because interest in the movie has been expressed on this board in the past, so I figured I'd post an update.

kpropain
02-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Nobody kicked more ass in a Batman movie than Nicholas.

The ultimate joker.

Wait till they get a load of me.

Insert Evil laugh here.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Sick_As_Fuck
02-24-2004, 10:14 PM
Who the hell is Christian Bale? And who the hell is Ra's Al Ghoul?

sleepaway
02-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
Who the hell is Christian Bale? And who the hell is Ra's Al Ghoul?

How can you not know who Christisn Bale is? British actor:

Empire Of The Sun
Swing Kids
Newsies
Velvet Goldmine
American Psycho
Reign Of Fire
Equilibrium
Little Women
Metroland

cheebacheeba
02-25-2004, 02:35 AM
this is mixed up....
I read that there's numerous batman projects in the works, although what I've read on the one potentially titled "intimidation" indicated that the main "badguy" would be scarecrow? (personally, I think the 'crow is pretty cool)
And the ra's guy....don't know much about him, other than he's kinda like a sorceror right? Hey, maybe both those baddies could be in it, a sorceror in the "real" world + a guy who fucks with ya in your dreams AND the "real" world....batman would have a run for his money then huh?
The other 2 movies I've read about is a "batman : year one" movie that I don't think'll ever see the light of day,
and a batman/superman crossover that I REALLY don't think will ever get anywhere near production finality....
Although if u guys have any news on anything batman (or pretty much ANY comic) in the movies, lemme know.

sleepaway
02-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
this is mixed up....
I read that there's numerous batman projects in the works, although what I've read on the one potentially titled "intimidation" indicated that the main "badguy" would be scarecrow? (personally, I think the 'crow is pretty cool)
And the ra's guy....don't know much about him, other than he's kinda like a sorceror right? Hey, maybe both those baddies could be in it, a sorceror in the "real" world + a guy who fucks with ya in your dreams AND the "real" world....batman would have a run for his money then huh?
The other 2 movies I've read about is a "batman : year one" movie that I don't think'll ever see the light of day,
and a batman/superman crossover that I REALLY don't think will ever get anywhere near production finality....
Although if u guys have any news on anything batman (or pretty much ANY comic) in the movies, lemme know.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0372784/

Plissken
02-25-2004, 07:18 AM
What happened to the old Alfred?:confused:

sleepaway
02-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Plissken
What happened to the old Alfred?:confused:

Maybe he's just too old - he's like 87 now or something.

Sam The Egg
02-25-2004, 03:00 PM
they're disassociating this movie from the previous four

Sam The Egg
02-25-2004, 03:39 PM
btw,

http://www.celebritywonder.com/mp/2000_American_Psycho/christian_bale_american_psycho_005.jpg

THAT'S Christian Bale

crazy clown
02-25-2004, 04:23 PM
i herd about christian bale being batman a while ago but thats all i knew. is ra's al ghoul that guy who is like a thousand years old. and if thats true wont that mean that katie holmes will be ra's daughter.

someone please set me straight on this one. i think i may be really confused on this one.

Sam The Egg
02-25-2004, 04:46 PM
No, Talia's (I think that was her name) not in this one

bloodygurl02
02-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Evisceration
Why'd you post it here if you knew it wasn't horror?:confused:

I'll probably see it for the sake of seeing it, but Batman Forever was probably the best.

i love batman forever too. i know not many ppl thought val kilmer was a good batman but i thought he did good. better then clooney at least. thanx sam for the updates on the new batman movie i knew about christian bale being batman but not the rest of the cast

Sick_As_Fuck
02-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Once American Psycho was mentioned I knew who Bale was.

cheebacheeba
02-27-2004, 02:52 AM
So scarecrow IS in it....personally, I'd like to have seen him as the MAIN badguy, he can get pretty fucked up, as I recall...and the movie title "intimidation" would DEFINATELY suit scarecrow, I guess ya gotta know who he is to "get" that.
So, yet another batman film that takes two villains to TRY to equal the amount of balls Nicholson gave the first film...
Ah well, all I can say is that I hope this one will be better than the last two lame attempts...
What about this "year one" batman film, is that gonna be happening?
While KINDA on the subject, where in the fuck is this "new" superman movie, and which one of the, like, 10 rumoured scripts will they be going with....anyone?

Sam The Egg
02-27-2004, 12:20 PM
given that he's only ever been billed as Johnathan Crane, it looks like he's not Scarecrow in this one, which would mean they're doing an arch for him over more than one movie.

As for the "Year One" stuff, Darren Aranofsky was supposed to be directing it in addition to the Nolan one, but it looks like they've scrapped that one and the Nolan one is going to have Year One aspects to it

Sam The Egg
02-27-2004, 01:08 PM
It appears likely that Warner Bros. will title the new Batman movie Batman Begins and not the expected Batman: Intimidation.

The movie is due out in the summer of 2005 and will be directed by Christopher Nolan. The cast includes Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Ken Watanabe, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, Cilian Murphy, and Katie Holmes.

Credit: Variety

kpropain
02-28-2004, 06:28 AM
Thanks for all the info Sam I can't wait to see the new Batman.

Sam The Egg
02-28-2004, 08:39 AM
N/p. I'm glad they changed the title, Batman: Intimidation sounded REALLY bad

kpropain
02-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
N/p. I'm glad they changed the title, Batman: Intimidation sounded REALLY bad

Agreed

Ritualistic
02-28-2004, 04:12 PM
God damn this thread suxxxxxxxxx

Sam The Egg
02-28-2004, 06:48 PM
well that was uncalled for. Tell us, Ritualistic, how exactly this thread "suxxxxxxxxx"

cheebacheeba
02-29-2004, 03:37 AM
Yeah, tell us....
and hey, only mention the stuff OTHER than your dumb ass coming up in here and "not liking it"...
Sam, ya think they'll actually follow up on the Crane-Scarecrow thing, or kill him off?
I've seen some info on a new catwoman movie too - and what's supposedly the catwoman suit, looks kinda shitty....

DarkwingMantis
02-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Saw pics of haley Barrey (sp) as catwoman. she looks kinda shitty.

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=5467

Just pan down a bit then click to page 2 (having trouble uploading images.)

as for Ras Al Ghul he was an industrialist in the late 1700's that found the secret of immortality in the Lazarus Chamber. Just takes a swim in the bubbling green liquid and POOF, 80 years off you age. Botox cant compete. Though from what Ive heard they are dumping the lazarus chamber in the film

crazy clown
02-29-2004, 10:15 AM
yeah halle barry is gonna be the next cat woman, yeah whatever.

heres for hoping its better than batman and robin.

Sam The Egg
02-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Sam, ya think they'll actually follow up on the Crane-Scarecrow thing, or kill him off?
They'll probably run with it for at least another movie. They've never called him Scarecrow in any of the cast lists, and they've been doing way too good of a job with the movie so far to kill off a major villain before they actually become the villain.

Supercool
02-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Christian Bale as batman? Oh yes! This film has some potential after a couple of crappy batman movies. Bale is realy good, and definately my first pick for batman.

Ritualistic
03-02-2004, 05:52 PM
This Thread suuuuuuuuxxxxxxx.....and if you dont like me I dont give a fuck cause I dont like you.. Batman fucking sucks completely and what it has to do with horror is beyond me...

cheebacheeba
03-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Ritualistic -
Glad that you don't give a fuck....did somebody say that they didn't like you?
And who is it that YOU don't like, you didn't specify?
Is it me?
And would your basis for not liking me be that I kinda shot you down for saying something that myself, and most likely other ppl posting in here thought was incorrect and/or stupid?

A: no

B: yes

C: I didn't understand the statement, please make it a little simpler for me.

***Allow me to pre-reply your possible answers***

A: Ok, then all is good, and you now know what I thought of your statement, if you didn't already...

B: If YOU don't give a fuck, here's how much I do "...................."
Oh yeah, and - Blow me, bitch.

C: If you're able to obtain a firearms license without too much of an IQ, go grab yourself something high calibur, load it, and for gods sake, make sure the little hole is pointing right at your little head.
;)
-B

Sam The Egg
03-03-2004, 07:08 AM
the reason this was posted despite not having anything to do with horror has already been covered

cheebacheeba
03-03-2004, 07:15 AM
thought so too...

Sam The Egg
03-03-2004, 12:38 PM
WhooHoo!
The often delayed, heavily anticipated new Batman movie, Batman Begins, has finally started shooting in Iceland. It is rumored that Iceland will be the setting of a battle between Batman and one of Ra's Al Ghul's henchmen.

The film will be directed by Christopher Nolan and stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman; Katie Holmes as Bruce Wayne's girlfriend; Ken Watanabe as Ra's Al Ghul; Cilian Murphy as the Scarecrow; Michael Caine as Alfred the Butler; And Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson playing friends to Bruce Wayne.

The movie is due out in July of 2005.

Credit: Superherohype.com

Ritualistic
03-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Ritualistic -
Glad that you don't give a fuck....did somebody say that they didn't like you?
And who is it that YOU don't like, you didn't specify?
Is it me?
And would your basis for not liking me be that I kinda shot you down for saying something that myself, and most likely other ppl posting in here thought was incorrect and/or stupid?

A: no

B: yes

C: I didn't understand the statement, please make it a little simpler for me.

***Allow me to pre-reply your possible answers***

A: Ok, then all is good, and you now know what I thought of your statement, if you didn't already...

B: If YOU don't give a fuck, here's how much I do "...................."
Oh yeah, and - Blow me, bitch.

C: If you're able to obtain a firearms license without too much of an IQ, go grab yourself something high calibur, load it, and for gods sake, make sure the little hole is pointing right at your little head.
;)
-B just go fuck your mother in the ass... :D my god damn remark was not towards you anyways...Like I said Batman sucks and so do you , YOU aussie shit bag ( u are from australia right..?? I remember you bitching and whining about how there is no horror there *pouting* aahhhhhh) LOL fuck head..... I will blow you but it`ll be with my M-2.... 50 cal. all up your ass... :D

cheebacheeba
03-04-2004, 04:01 AM
Hey, my answer DID account for the possibility that my assumption was wrong (see A: Ok, then all is good, and you now know what I thought of your statement, if you didn't already...), is there anything else I should repeat for you?
Calling me a shitbag on account of my nationality - just makes you the asshole, the IGNORANT asshole, but I was pretty much onto that one already, and you seem to be happy wallowing in the shit you speak.
And what, am I meant to be happy that my favourite genre of film is largely ignored and underfunded in my country am I?
THAT would be stupid.
And I don't pout - cuntrags like you do, which is pretty much what you've indicated through just about every one of your whinging-ass posts on this thread.

Ritualistic
03-04-2004, 01:26 PM
LOL your an idiot..

Now back to horror...

*Holy shit batman that is something some people have forgetten about on here*

Sam The Egg
03-04-2004, 01:33 PM
interest in the movie has been expressed on this board in the past, so I figured I'd post an update.

See? The reason it was posted when it's not horror has already been gone over. It not being horror is even in the title, so bringing up that it's not horror is dumb

Ritualistic
03-04-2004, 05:16 PM
i was only saying this thread suck ass.. SHIT you guys cant take it can you...

?
get over it..

Evisceration
03-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
i was only saying this thread suck ass..

Yeah, well you suck ass at life.

w00t! Michael Caine pwns j00r asses.

Sam The Egg
03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
and if I came in saying your thread sucked you'd blow up at me, which I haven't done. Wow, it's like I'm getting better and everybody else is getting worse at the same time

Randall_Flagg
03-04-2004, 09:32 PM
Hmmmmm... Back to Batman... If it aint horror then what classification does it come under??? Sci-Fi? Nope, dont think so. Fantasy? I guess it could, but I reckon that might be stretching it slightly. It's as near to horror as anything else. Oh... and Greetings to all.

RFlagg.

cheebacheeba
03-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Good to be back on track!

Sam....worse, better, guess it's a matter of perspective.
Evisceration - good call.
Randall - In terms of genre, action/"adventure" is probably the "classification" it comes under. Not thrilling enough to be a thriller, dumb and/or with enough fights to be action, and a little more per movie, "general ex" enough to fall into adventure.

Oh yeah, couldn't forget you ritualistic...
re : "LOL your an idiot.."
- real nice finish there killer, I'm crushed...

Ritualistic
03-05-2004, 05:48 PM
You all are dumb fucks... To be honest this fucking thread will go on and on cause when people are assholes toward me I tend to be an asshole back at them. Plus you guys seem to like to get the last post in...

Dont fucking bash me for throwing my opinion your way..

Sam you have fucking been nothing but an ass since you joined this forum.. saying many stupid comments and offensive shit toward every damn person on this board.. This is a free board sooooooo I voice my opinion just like you idiots are... Like I said this thread sucks, so that is my opinion...

g`night

Ritualistic
03-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Evisceration
Yeah, well you suck ass at life.

w00t! Michael Caine pwns j00r asses. Dude I am happy and content in my life....... unlike you....

orangestar
03-05-2004, 06:04 PM
I haven't had the energy to read this whole thread, all I want to say is: With Christian Bale in the lead role, you cannot go wrong.

Sam The Egg
03-05-2004, 06:45 PM
Sam you have fucking been nothing but an ass since you joined this forum
Saying this doesn't count when you focus only on the times I am being an ass. Also, does my being an ass excuse your being an ass? No

Evisceration
03-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
You all are dumb fucks... To be honest this fucking thread will go on and on cause when people are assholes toward me I tend to be an asshole back at them. Plus you guys seem to like to get the last post in...

Dont fucking bash me for throwing my opinion your way..

Sam you have fucking been nothing but an ass since you joined this forum.. saying many stupid comments and offensive shit toward every damn person on this board.. This is a free board sooooooo I voice my opinion just like you idiots are... Like I said this thread sucks, so that is my opinion...

g`night

If you really think about it...this post has absolutely no meaning put into it....

Dude I am happy and content in my life....... unlike you....

So you admit your life sucks?

And I'm happy with my life. It kicks ass. My life wipes your life all over the fuckin floor.

cheebacheeba
03-06-2004, 04:00 AM
Well, that AND
"Plus you guys seem to like to get the last post in... "
Guess we're not the only ones...but if it's us or you, I'd rather finish this with something that actually made sense, and/or was worth reading - so "us" it is, and will continue to be untill you
SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Why you even made this shit go on so far is beyond me anyway.
We know it's a forum in which we can voice our opinions, but honestly, it's hardly productive to come into a thread and post how much it "suxxxxx", on account of you not liking the topic. Obviously, had you read the posts prior to yours, you'd have seen that the other posters were a little more pro-batman than you, what, did you think we were all just gonna "come to our senses" and be "convinced" by you that we were wrong all along?
No, see that's about as likely as convincing YOU to give a round of deep-throat, huh BITCH?

AND do you really think we care if you're happy with your life, or if your sad, self destructive and suicidal? Well, the latter may evoke some interest on my part.....but not really....

NOW - If I can be so bold as to actually fucking discuss the threads topic....The (new?) bat-suit, gadgets, vehicles.... what do you guys know, AND, what would you guys wanna see?

Sam The Egg
03-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Gary Oldman is set to play Lt. James Gordon in Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins. Since this movie will look at the earlier years of Bruce Wayne/Batman, Gordon will still only be a detective on Gotham's police force. He later ends up becoming Commissioner of the Gotham City Police.

Photography for the movie starts March 16th.

Oldman joins a cast that already includes Christian Bale, Ken Watanabe, Cilian Murphy, Katie Holmes, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, and Morgan Freeman.

Credit: Variety

Evisceration
03-06-2004, 10:31 AM
[i]The (new?) bat-suit, gadgets, vehicles.... what do you guys know, AND, what would you guys wanna see? [/B]

I want to see Batman pwn some ass without his utility belt for once, like...I dunno. Maybe Scarecrow steals it while he's sleeping so then Batman has to go out and kick ass the american way.

As for the batsuit, they need to get rid of the nipples on the suit...except for batgirls...that was ok. And if they are going to give the suit nipples; while they're at it, they should just add a permenant cameltoe to the suit aswell.

As for vehicles...I dunno, all the batmobiles in the movie owned, so I don't really care.

Sam The Egg
03-06-2004, 10:32 AM
the new suit will supposedly have no nipples or cod piece. And with Nolan, I'm suspecting they'll be replacing the Gay Techno Rave Neon Lights with Noir

Ritualistic
03-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I like that all of you actually sit here and waste about 10 minutes of your life actually typing to me.. Fucking idiots.. :D

Thaide
03-07-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm not sure about Micheal Caine being Alfred. Although hes a great actor, I can't imagine him as a butler.
I guess the only villains left for batman after this will be Mad Hatter, Killer Croc and that Zsasz from the comic book (creepy serial killler). Unless they go to the sixties version and bring back King Tut (woo).

Ritualistic, if this thread sucks ass, why do u keep coming back?

cheebacheeba
03-07-2004, 04:10 AM
evis - "all the batmobiles in the movie owned, so I don't really care."....But none owned like the first movie 'mobile...

Thaide - OR They could ressurect the joker, as the comic has, what, about 8 times now?
+"Ritualistic, if this thread sucks ass, why do u keep coming back?"
Another one that "needs" the abuse...amazing how many assfucked kiddies find refuge in the net, aint it?

"I like that all of you actually sit here and waste about 10 minutes of your life actually typing to me.. Fucking idiots.. "
- I like that you got owned, and have nothing better to say than this....bitch....

Ritualistic
03-07-2004, 05:31 AM

- I like that you got owned, and have nothing better to say than this....bitch.... yeah I agree *sarcastic*

I have the need to say things short and sweet , to the point.. I dont have write a full page of shit to get my point across to people.

Ritualistic
03-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Thaide

Ritualistic, if this thread sucks ass, why do u keep coming back? Because I can

cheebacheeba
03-07-2004, 06:53 AM
"I have the need to say things short and sweet , to the point.. I dont have write a full page of shit to get my point across to people."

OR You don't have anything WORTH more than a few lines...

Ritualistic
03-07-2004, 08:17 AM
"I have the need to say things short and sweet , to the point.. I dont have write a full page of shit to get my point across to people."

OR You don't have anything WORTH more than a few lines... Yup :D

you are stubborn and I as well so shit when will this end..??

cheebacheeba
03-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Only as stubborn as those around me - reflectivity stubborn.

mictlan
03-08-2004, 04:46 AM
Is this thread supposed to be about the Batman movie? Or is it just an excuse for more dumbshit banter?

Anyway - AICN has a pretty thorough review of a leaked script. Check it out here (http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17140).

Or just keep bitching at each other.

cheebacheeba
03-08-2004, 04:53 AM
It kinda died down already....just a tad late with the anti-bitching speech...thanks for the link anyway, I guess...

HighPriestWise
03-08-2004, 10:10 AM
It's never too late to bitch!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

Sam The Egg
03-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Thaide
I guess the only villains left for batman after this will be Mad Hatter, Killer Croc and that Zsasz from the comic book (creepy serial killler). Unless they go to the sixties version and bring back King Tut (woo).

Are you kidding? What about Clayface, The Creeper, Harley Quinn, The Man-Bat, Egghead (Vincent Price~!), Black Widow, Clock King, The Sandman, Zombie, Dr. Strange, Flimfreak, Firefly, Janus, Outsider, Monk, Wrath, and Phantasm?

HighPriestWise
03-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Clayface is cool!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

Sam The Egg
03-09-2004, 01:38 PM
he wouldn't work in a live action movie, though. Too much CGI. Outsider would make a great movie, though.

Sam The Egg
03-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Review of the script *SPOILER WARNING!!!!!*

from aint-it-cool-news.com

Nordling here.

I didn't like the title BATMAN BEGINS at first. It felt, and still feels in a way, clunky. INTIMIDATION GAME didn't sound exactly right either. What to call the movie that sets the Batman film saga right back to square one? The film that wipes the slate clean, from not only the cinematic abortion that was BATMAN AND ROBIN, but even Tim Burton's two films? Having thought it over and after reading the script, BATMAN BEGINS is the best possible title, and it sets the franchise off to a terrific start, with so much potential that fanboys will need to wear raincoats to the theater, so overcome with orgasmic joy will they be.

I don't know what Christopher Nolan will bring to the film, but his sense in casting is dead on perfect. The actors that have been cast fit their parts perfectly.

As far as the previous Batman films, only the first one feels like it's anything approaching good to me, and even that film feels sloppy. Nothing against Prince, but his musical interludes didn't work, and like Bruce says in the original film, some of BATMAN is very much Tim Burton, and some of it isn't. Well, the first film also doesn't come close to the angst and power that the character has, the darkness and tragedy in Bruce Wayne that compels the fans to follow his story again and again.

This is the part without spoilers. If you don't want to read any, cut loose after this paragraph... but feel comforted that for the first time, they got it right. Not the TV show. Not the films we've seen so far. This feels like Batman, and it brings the franchise to a point where anything is possible. All the characters you know and love are treated well and fairly, and if Superman gets this treatment, maybe the WB won't be the ire of fanboys everywhere. With this script, I feel that Warner Brothers is on the right track with this character, and I can't wait to see the sequel to THIS particular Batman film.

Spoilers below...

First off, there are ninjas. Just to get that out of the way. Ninjas, who kick ass.

We begin, as the screeching of bats and the darkness of wings gives way to sunlight, in a garden. A girl, RACHEL, is running from a boy, BRUCE WAYNE. As they hide from the Wayne Manor staff, they are two children at play, until Bruce falls through an abandoned well in the back kitchen garden. Bruce falls into blackness.

His eyes open in a Bhutanese prison, as Bruce (Christian Bale), now 28, serves his time. He spends his days fighting the other prisoners. He is drifting through his life. Six prisoners start a fight, and Bruce methodically takes them down, until the guards put Bruce in solitary confinement for the other prisoners's protection. In his cell, a voice speaks out. It is DUCARD (Liam Neeson), a servant of RA'S AL GHUL (Ken Watanabe), offering to teach Bruce the skills of the League of Shadows, if he passes their tests. He offers him something he has been looking for for a long time: purpose.

We all know the story of Batman - Bruce Wayne fights crime to avenge his parents' death - but David Goyer puts us right in the middle of it this time. No mere flashback for us - we are taken through the ordeal that Bruce suffers and feels guilty over. If Bruce hadn't been frightened at the play they went to see that night, if he hadn't begged his parents to leave, their deaths by Joe Chill (yes, NOT the Joker, but the original killer of the comics, and I'm thankful that got remedied) might have been avoided. He feels responsible to a fault, and he travels the world, in self-destructive behavior.

Bruce travels to the Himalayas to train with Ducard and Ra's Al Ghul's League of Shadows. Imagine a ninja sword duel with Batman versus Qui-Gon Jinn. Yes, I sense the fanboy stiffies sprouting now. It's a kickass fight as written, and I'm confident that Nolan will make it pop on screen. Through out the training ordeals that Bruce goes through, he learns to live with his fears - his fears of bats due to his fall in his youth, his fear of loss, his fear of the knowledge that he may have been responsible for his parents' death. He learns the value of masks. And at the end, he is offered membership... for a price. The League of Shadows isn't some altruistic group out to save the world, but to destroy it. Ra's Al Ghul tells Bruce that he wants to destroy Gotham, and through what they have taught him, he will be the one to do it. Bruce refuses, and there is a fight with many ninjas (!!!). Ra's Al Ghul is killed in an explosion, but Bruce saves Ducard's life. With that act, he is ready to begin. He calls ALFRED (Michael Caine) to have him picked up, and Bruce starts to pick up the pieces of his life.

Sam The Egg
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
part 2:

When Bruce returns to Gotham, Wayne Enterprises is in shambles. Its not his father's company anymore. It's all about the profits, about defense contracts, and the board of the company is trying to have Bruce Wayne declared dead so they can complete the takeover of the company. Unfortunately for them Bruce shows up and defeats their plans, and meets LUCIUS FOX (Morgan Freeman), who heads the Applied Science Division after he refused to go with the board and was booted off. It's here that we see the development of many of the iconic Batman symbols - the suit, the Batmobile, the grappling hook. When Bruce reaches his 30th birthday, he inherits all of it.

Bruce learns that Joe Chill, the man who killed his parents, is being offered parole in exchange for testimony against local crime lord Carmine Falcone, and Bruce decides to take revenge. However, Rachel (Katie Holmes), now an assistant district attorney, prevents him from acting. Later, Chill is killed by one of Falcone's cronies, and Bruce realizes that the corruption of Gotham City goes much deeper than his own petty revenge fantasies. The corruption, in fact, goes much further than Bruce knows, all the way back to China, where the REAL villain bides his time...

Gotham City needs a symbol. A symbol of fear, yes, the fear of his childhood, but turned into a force for good. In a mask, Bruce contacts JIM GORDON (Gary Oldman), one of the few honest cops in the city, and tells him to look for a sign.

The first time we see Batman in the script isn't until page 58 of the script, almost an hour in, if the axiom of one minute a page is true. As in SPIDER-MAN, we are so invested in the character that by the time Batman actually shows up it all has a sense of context. The first Batman fight has the feel of someone who really is new at this sort of thing, but it feels exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing it on screen.

There's a lot of ground for the film to cover, but it never feels rushed. It feels well-paced, and introduces characters at leisure. It never feels dull. It's fresh.

What about the other villain, the SCARECROW (Cillian Murphy)? He has a terrific entrance, and isn't just a throwaway baddie for Batman to fight, but figures into the larger story. And Goyer does something really cool that more superhero movies need to pay attention to - the Scarecrow's not disposable. Ra's Al Ghul is also used very well. He feels a little like how Dracula is introduced in the Bram Stoker novel. He's a villain that isn't onscreen a lot of the time, but you continuously feel his presence. This movie really has three villains. Ducard, as written, is just as much an equal for Bruce as the others. With all the crime in Gotham, Batman is never at a loss of bad guys.

Am I leaving anything out? Oh hell yeah. A lot more than you realize. The script's 128 pages long, and I'm only to page 58. And I really can't go any further without really ruining it. There's some twists, including one that I really didn't see coming until it was right on me. But the script has confidence in the characters, and everyone's well written, including Alfred, who I can't wait to see Michael Caine play. He really is Bruce's moral center, the one that keeps him grounded, and Bruce and Alfred have a nice banter and a warm relationship that should translate well on screen. The only character that may get a little short shrift is Rachel, but this is a superhero movie, and sadly, historically, the women in superhero movies aren't exactly given the best lines.

This feels like a film written for Batman fans. The introduction of all the iconic symbols that make Batman the hero we know and love is done particularly well, including the Batmobile, which I can't wait to see (think THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, rather than the skinny car the films are used to). They even make an effort to explain how Bruce can afford all this stuff, and lay a scientific foundation that actually gives "all those wonderful toys" a sense of reality.

In fact... and I might get lynched for this... this is a better introduction to the Batman character than YEAR ONE. Frank Miller's comic works for comics. But this is a movie... and it MOVES. At some points... well. The fight scenes just click and pop off the page, and if they are choreographed as well as they read, we're in for a treat. We even get to see Gordon in some action, which is nice.

Problems? Only one, really... Rachel. She's written like a token female character, needing to be rescued by Batman, the character who gets to put to voice all the romantic aspects to the story... she's not much more than a plot point. She does get some nice moments, towards the end, but we're always wanting to get back to the action.

I think the fans are going to go apeshit over this, frankly. It's done almost completely right, and starts the franchise anew. The last page of the script... well, it'll get fans all a twitter with casting ideas. I hope the WB signs both Christopher Nolan and David Goyer to a three picture deal, because this story's not done. It reinvents the franchise, and I dare say it improves on the Burton vision. This is the Batman origin the fans have been waiting for. I can't wait to see it, and it's now one of my most anticipated films of 2005. With this and Episode III, if all goes well, it's gonna be a good year. Post-LOTR... we're in for some good times, I think.

Nordling, out.

Sam The Egg
03-19-2004, 01:21 PM
The official website is up. Not much in the way of content, but it's something

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/

Ritualistic
03-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey sam do you like Cash`s last CD.?? Personal Jesus is one of my favorites on it...

Sam The Egg
03-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Absolutely.

Sam The Egg
04-01-2004, 06:41 PM
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page.html

New batmobile pictures. Not the best batmobile ever, but it fits the movie

bone collector
04-02-2004, 08:40 PM
In the next batman movie, they should bring back tim burton as the director because i dont mean to be rude but the ones that joel did sucked ass.

They should bring back the joker to get revenge on batman, or the phantasm she was cool in that batman cartoon movie

Sam The Egg
04-04-2004, 06:20 PM
I'd wait and see how good a job Nolan does before calling for Burton to be brought back. And they could bring the Joker back anyways because they're basically starting the series over

bone collector
04-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Hey Sam, What about the phantasm?

Sam The Egg
04-05-2004, 10:21 AM
I don't think they'd use Phantasm again.

Here's some pics of Bale as Bruce Wayne

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/images3/batman10.jpg
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/images3/batman08.jpg
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/images3/batman03.jpg

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news2/news1027.htm
that site apparently has the rest, but it's not working for me

bone collector
04-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Pretty cool.

Do you have any pictures of the bat suit, and the villians?:D

Sam The Egg
04-05-2004, 08:47 PM
artist rendering of the batsuit for the movie
http://superherohype.com/nextraimages/batmancostumerendering.jpg

Although I've heard that they're changing it some

Sam The Egg
04-30-2004, 12:19 PM
http://www.411images.com/images/movies/topstory/batmanew.jpg

Christian Bale as Batman

Sam The Egg
04-30-2004, 08:09 PM
more Batman pics:

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage2.jpg
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/batimage1.jpg

horace-pinker-2
04-30-2004, 08:10 PM
sam the egg eats my fuck

Evis™
04-30-2004, 08:12 PM
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page.html

New batmobile pictures. Not the best batmobile ever, but it fits the movie

You know those pictures are fake...right?

Sam The Egg
04-30-2004, 08:15 PM
yes, that would explain why they're on the official site

horace-pinker-2
04-30-2004, 08:17 PM
It might explain why Sam is eating my fuck.

Evis™
04-30-2004, 08:20 PM
yes, that would explain why they're on the official site

Nah, there's some site about the fake pictures. I wish I could remember what forum I saw it on, as I was just browsing random shit. Hmm...I'll try to find it.;)

horace-pinker-2
04-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Evis,I wanna fuck you shitless.

bone collector
05-01-2004, 11:35 AM
I thought those pics were cool:)

bone collector
05-16-2004, 08:19 PM
yep htey were cool, but they do look like they are fake

Sam The Egg
09-14-2004, 12:49 PM
I thought I'd bump up the thread of a REAL movie

this is going to kick ass

Vampenguin
09-14-2004, 01:07 PM
[B]B]

This is gonna suck hairy monkey balls!!!

If they made it the start of a new Batman series, like a remake to the first.....then I would be fine.

But as a sequel? Fuck no.

Sam The Egg
09-14-2004, 01:10 PM
read through the thread. I say several times that this is a restart, and they're disassociating it with the previous series

and read the cast, writer, and director. This won't suck

Vampenguin
09-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Then why does Imdb (a source I trust much more than you, no offence) call it Batman 5?

Sam The Egg
09-14-2004, 01:27 PM
they also call it Batman: Intimidation. Working titles don't mean shit. The official site calls it Batman Begins

bone collector
09-15-2004, 07:35 PM
it should be called batman begins

Sam The Egg
09-20-2004, 02:12 PM
It IS called Batman Begins.

Anywho,
From 411mania:
James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer are in negotiations with Warner Bros. to collaborate on the score for Batman Begins for director Chris Nolan. The longtime friends Zimmer and Howard are looking to join forces.

A spokeswoman for Howard confirmed that the co-composing plan for Batman is "very likely to happen" but that exact plans will be formalized "closer toward January," with scoring set to begin "in April or May."

Batman Begins is set for a June 17th release and will star Christian Bale, Liam Neeson, Michael Caine, Katie Holmes, Morgan Freeman, and Gary Oldman.

Credit: Hollywood Reporter

Sam The Egg
09-29-2004, 01:12 PM
Here what the screenwriter has to say...

Batman Begins screenwriter, David Goyer, reveals what influenced him while writing for the project.

"The moment in 'Year One' when Bruce Wayne is returning to Gotham after a multi-year absence. I was captivated by that," he revealed. "I wanted to explore what had happened in those intervening years and I also wanted to depict the moment when he decides to leave Gotham – what he would say to Alfred, his foster father, and how that would take a terrible toll on his heart...And because we were using Ra's al Ghul, we definitely used some of the Denny O'Neill issues as a point of reference."

Batman Begins is due out next summer.

Credit: Cinecon.com

I love the fact that they're using some of the comics as a point of reference. Nice to have people working on a movie who actually respect the subject matter.

mothermold
10-07-2004, 12:22 AM
I love the fact that they're using some of the comics as a point of reference. Nice to have people working on a movie who actually respect the subject matter.

i agree completely,in fact that's the only way to do it.for me there will always be one writer for batman...frank miller and for those of you who don't know who he is...CHECK HIM OUT!!his writing,his art is some of the finest in the business(batman,sin city(which they're also making a movie of),big fat kill among others)which incidently is where they got the title "year one"from.as for all the previous batman films...they suck(which the exceptions of burton's films,for there time and place..they were good)and little to no actual source material was used.someone asked earlier in the thread about the "other"(michal gogh) alfred...he's dead.and finally to those bitchin about this movie's "place" on hdc.there are undenable horror elements in this movie as well as fantasy and an overall suspension of disbelief...now how for removed from horror does that make it?

Malicious_Mirth
10-13-2004, 03:46 AM
omg that toolk a long time to read what with the script spoilers and all lmao

but jesus i am soooo excited about this one.......bale is one my favorites and gary oldman is my favorite.....OMG!!

i am about ti shit my britches!!!!:D :D :(

GorePhobia
10-14-2004, 09:22 AM
the teaser is awwsome and this movie just sounds amazing....i read the script and if its real then its gonna be a good movie....since it does have a great director and an awwsome writer shall be a good flick in my opinion

Monkey Do
10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
I went to school with Christian Bale for a bit in as a kid. Nice to see him doing so well.

Sam The Egg
10-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Malicious_Mirth
omg that toolk a long time to read what with the script spoilers and all lmao

I wouldn't know, I didn't read them. I copied and pasted while averting my eyes.

Sistinas
10-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Monkey Do
I went to school with Christian Bale for a bit in as a kid. Nice to see him doing so well.

Sure.:rolleyes:

Monkey Do
10-24-2004, 11:19 AM
*shrugs* true, although I can understand you not believing me as your nearest brush with celebrity was when your brother (the intelligent popular one) was almost selected for the Indian Club event in the Paralympics.

Sistinas
10-24-2004, 11:23 AM
*shrugs* true, although I can understand you not believing me as your nearest brush with celebrity was when your brother (the intelligent popular one) was almost selected for the Indian Club event in the Paralympics.

You are too cool.Isn't there a homo-erotic wrestling board you should be posting on right now?

Monkey Do
10-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Dunno, maybe if you check your favorites you can tell me the url?

Sistinas
10-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Dunno, maybe if you check your favorites you can tell me the url?

www.fucktard.com

newb
10-26-2004, 06:09 PM
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/bale-costume-1.jpg

Sam The Egg
10-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by newb
http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/bale-costume-1.jpg

*fap fap fap*

newb
10-27-2004, 09:21 AM
HEY...whay happened to my pic of Batman. Now it looks like Sam is fapping to nothing.

here ya go Sam.

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/images/0309/cbale2.jpg

Sam The Egg
10-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by newb
HEY...whay happened to my pic of Batman. Now it looks like Sam is fapping to nothing.

here ya go Sam.

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/images/0309/cbale2.jpg

That picture is not cool enough to beat off to

newb
10-27-2004, 02:48 PM
How about this one.

http://viking.necrolounge.com/archives/bale_bat.jpg

http://www.zworld2.com/MRSZWORLD/Supplies/KLEENEX.gif

Sick_As_Fuck
10-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Randall_Flagg
Hmmmmm... Back to Batman... If it aint horror then what classification does it come under??? Sci-Fi? Nope, dont think so. Fantasy? I guess it could, but I reckon that might be stretching it slightly. It's as near to horror as anything else. Oh... and Greetings to all.

RFlagg.

if you're serious then you're one stupid dumbfuck.

The STE
12-04-2004, 10:46 AM
the official teaster poster
http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/images/onesheet.jpg

The second I saw this, I walked upstairs and kicked my mom in the face, just because of how FUCKING AWESOME that is

The STE
12-14-2004, 07:37 PM
the most recent trailer
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/batmanbegins/trailer/trailer_hi/trailer_a.mov

urgeok
12-15-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by The STE
the official teaster poster

The second I saw this, I walked upstairs and kicked my mom in the face, just because of how FUCKING AWESOME that is

and when the body cast comes off (as a result of your mom's retaliatory beating) you can go see it :)

The STE
12-15-2004, 12:31 PM
damn right I will

urgeok
12-15-2004, 03:38 PM
i just saw the trailer tonight in the theatre .. it look awsome !