Sam The Egg
02-21-2004, 08:09 PM
From sun-sentinel.com
(no, it wasn't me!)
Horrific' attack on horse investigated in West Boca

By Nancy L. Othón
Staff Writer
Posted February 20 2004

WEST BOCA · Sheriff's deputies are investigating the sexual assault of a horse earlier this week, while the mare's owner has gathered enough donations from fellow horse lovers to offer a $10,000 reward.

The horse, a 31-year-old Arabian named Rosie, is on intravenous antibiotics and is expected to recover within a few weeks but will require surgery.

"I still don't believe it," said Rosie's owner, Kim Boros. "It's just sickening."

Boros, of Pompano Beach, has owned Rosie for about 13 years and boards her at a barn on Horseshoe Acres off Clint Moore Road west of Boca Raton. A 13-year-old girl taking care of Rosie found the bleeding horse in an adjoining pasture at about 5 p.m. Sunday. and her mother immediately called Boros.

"My first thought was, she's going to die -- that's a lot of blood," Boros said.

After doing a thorough examination, Dr. Jerry Rudnick told Boros that Rosie has been sexually assaulted. A tree branch used in the assault was found in the pasture and taken as evidence.

Animal-cruelty investigator Cassie Kovacs is pursuing the case as aggressively as she can, said sheriff's spokesman Paul Miller.

"She has not seen anything like this," Miller said. "This is horrific."

In his 18-year career caring for horses, Rudnick said, he has seen this type of incident just once before, several years ago in Broward County. That attack was not as violent as the one inflicted on Rosie, Rudnick said.

Together with friends and acquaintances who share her love for horses, Boros has gathered $10,000 for a reward.

"Some people might think we're crazy for putting up $10,000 for a horse, but to me, she's my baby and she's part of our family," Boros said. "[The suspect] picked the wrong horse to mess with."

Boros is distributing fliers at saddle shops and feed stores, hoping to generatetips on the case.

Boros thinks the attack happened about 1 p.m. Sunday because neighbors reported hearing whinnying about that time. The teen taking care of the horse saw Rosie at 11:30 a.m. and returned at 4:30 p.m. Rudnick also narrowed the time down by examining the level of swelling on the horse.

Property owner Kerry Goldman, who lives next to the horse barn, said the suspect must have known that she would be out of town. Goldman already has sent a letter to all of her neighbors, advising them of the assault and asking for information.

Anyone with information about the case should contact Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers, 800-458-8477. Callers can remain anonymous. The $10,000 reward is available for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

Nancy L. Othón can be reached at [email protected] or 561-243-6633.

Vodstok
02-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Are you sure it wasnt you?

Sam The Egg
02-21-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm positive. I rape dolphins, remember?

sleepaway
02-23-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I'm positive. I rape dolphins, remember?

Through their blow hole?

Killer Clown#1
02-23-2004, 03:57 AM
Thats how they all die? hmmmm

Vodstok
02-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Shit, all this time i thought it was tuna nets. You've been busy, my freind.

bloodygurl02
02-23-2004, 07:31 AM
i have had something like this happen near where i live except the guy tried getting a cow plus he had a sheep tied up to. when the cops found him he only had sneakers on and it was women cop that found him lol. but that is just sick ok. its fucking gross. fuck you own species

Vodstok
02-23-2004, 07:35 AM
I'd rather him try to fuck animals than kids. Not that the animls really deserve it, but kids REALLY dont.

God, i would stop eating hot dogs if i found out a guy fucked ther cows they were made out of..... that is so gross...

Plissken
02-23-2004, 09:01 AM
A horse fucker? Thats messed up

Sam The Egg
02-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by sleepaway
Through their blow hole?
wherever

Vodstok
02-24-2004, 04:00 AM
+30 points sam, awesome answer :D

swiftdeath
02-24-2004, 05:25 PM
WTF! That person has some issues to work out.

Vodstok
02-25-2004, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by swiftdeath
WTF! That person has some issues to work out.

Nope. Just an insatiable need for horse-cock.

Ultimamk
02-28-2004, 04:02 PM
.............................................. For lack of something better to say, I blame the Trekkies.