PDA

View Full Version : The Village

DDarko50
02-19-2004, 05:09 PM
M. Night Shymalans new movie The Village...

Thoughts?

ChaoticMinister
02-19-2004, 05:32 PM
It looked interesting from what I saw at the Apple Trailers site...

As always, shot choice, music tone, lighting, foley work, and shot timing are probably going to be incredibly good, as I've thought in the past. Rife with symbolism, no less.

It's probably something you don't want to watch after a hard day's work in order to fully appreciate. I'd imagine you'd want to see it ona weekend, when your mind isn't exhausted, so that you can absorb more of what the screen offers.

He does some very fine work, M. Night. I was fortunate enough to have a couple classes in high school where we could dissect some of his films (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs)... It is truly amazing the amount of subtle details that are put into these works... It is unfortunate that the average viewer is unable to appreciate most of those symbolic details and double (if not triple) meanings.

I just hope it scares the piss out of me, because F v. J didn't live up to its hype, and I'm in dire need of a good fright...

*FADE OUT*

DDarko50
02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
Agreed

M Night. is an all around genious

Movie looks to be great in my opinion

mictlan
02-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I want to give it a chance - and I will - but the rumors are that this film is his Ishtar/Hudson Hawk/Waterworld/Glitter/Gigli.

Of course, everyone likes to take shots at the successful and talented...

sleepaway
02-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Not scene the trailer but I like the idea and it'll be stylish if only that!

Hey I liked Waterworld!!! And Hudson Hawk!!!

"If you like to swing on a star..."

nightbreed
02-20-2004, 09:49 AM
but i guess no one noticed. yeah this movie looks pretty sweet. i am very excited to see his new work.

MoistVomit
02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
I come from a planet where we view Hudson Hawk as high cinematic art.

I went to see M.Night.S's last film with friends and they were, sadly, unappreciative of his style... and they loathed the alien shots and laughed out loud. I so wanted to pummel them after that! We have ourselves a truly great, inventive and imaginative director here and I'm drooling at the thought of seeing his newest work. I can't wait!

mictlan
02-20-2004, 12:14 PM
I watch things like Hudson Hawk the way that Iwatch the morbidly obese family in the grocery store with a shopping cart full of three-liter Pepsi bottles and potato chips. I love watching them but I feel dirty all over later.

With that said, I am planning a movie party where we will watch Glitter and Gigli. I am afraid no one will come.