PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Carpenter begins sequel to the Thing

mictlan
02-19-2004, 04:41 PM
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17059

AICN is not really a reliable source... but it would be tres cool to see a sequel to this film.

Killer Clown#1
02-19-2004, 04:45 PM
We don't need a sequel:( the game was enough.

sleepaway
02-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Agreed. Don't want no sequel or no remake, no nothing.

But I know Kurt & John love working together so...

Machine King
02-20-2004, 02:21 PM
I think the ending for the orignal was fine as it is. You don't need a clean defined ending to every movie.

theCreeper
02-20-2004, 09:48 PM
The Thing is one of my favourite movies. So I agree, leave it alone, let it stand on its own feet, don't go ruining it by creating some crappy sequel that will just make us want to vomit!

Just my opinion, though.

theCreeper

Dreaming Girl
02-21-2004, 01:18 PM
A sequel DONE WELL could be really cool. I loved The Thing. However, the sequel would probably suck horribly... so I say just let the original be!

Killer Clown#1
02-24-2004, 04:01 AM
If it has nothing to do with the original but has the same alien then may it be, but I just hope it's not a direct sequel to the first. I think your right Machine not every movie needs amhappy ending or one that makes sense.

cheebacheeba
02-25-2004, 02:46 AM
Agreed that it doesn't need a sequel.
Also Agreed that a sequel DONE WELL would rock - but the "thing" should be able to multiply or something and maybe have a "invisible" mode? keep it dark, keep it tight, should all be good.....
How about the sequel (THAT NEVER HAPPENED) to big trouble in little china?!?

ShankS
02-26-2004, 01:02 PM
a few months back I saw an interview on the box with some film critic and Carpenter, he said that the sequal to The Thing would not go ahead due to not being financial viable. They reckoned too fewer people would want to see a sequal to a film that didnt have a massive following back in its day.

Randall_Flagg
03-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Well as I figure that our opinions count for nothing when the question of sequels arise, then I pray that if they do make it then it's better than the totally duff game. Man that was the biggest sleeping drug I've ever taken!

RFlagg.