PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Of Kain Series

Graf-Orlock
02-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Agree or Disagree

The Legacy of Kain Series is one of the BEST video game series out there, with Defiance being the best game in the series. I LOVE those games. A great and interesting story that always leaves you guessing at the end of each game and fighting in Defiance is SO fun. So......... agree or disagree.

Shade
02-19-2004, 05:13 PM
Agreed! I adore Defiance! I'd always loved both Kain and Rosel, never wanted to play just one for the whole game and now-::Lifts Defiance over her head as angelic voices sing in the background.::

ChaoticMinister
02-19-2004, 05:22 PM
I liked the plots of the game, but fighting got kind of tedious... It was just doing the same thing over and over again and the guards just took forever to die... The story was great, most of the puzzles were pretty challenging... The lighting was kinda of terrible in some of them (for minutes on end I thought I was travelling somewhere, but it turned out that I was running straight into a freaking corner)...

I haven't played Defiance yet, But the last one I played (SR2) was pretty nice... I especially liked how you could read the script and watch recording sessions and bloopers...

The plot in SR2 was pretty mindboggling at first because I hadn't played SR1 or BO1, but I managed to grasp the bulk of it... As I recall, my favorite FMV (series of which, actually) was the one where Raziel has his wings torn off and is cast into that vortex, ending up burned, blue, and missing a mandible...

Very cool stuff overall, just the actual gameplay wasn't very interesting... The only thing that kept me playing was so that I could watch the movies and figure out the plot...

*FADE OUT*

Graf-Orlock
02-19-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMinister
I liked the plots of the game, but fighting got kind of tedious... It was just doing the same thing over and over again and the guards just took forever to die... The story was great, most of the puzzles were pretty challenging... The lighting was kinda of terrible in some of them (for minutes on end I thought I was travelling somewhere, but it turned out that I was running straight into a freaking corner)...

I haven't played Defiance yet, But the last one I played (SR2) was pretty nice... I especially liked how you could read the script and watch recording sessions and bloopers...

The plot in SR2 was pretty mindboggling at first because I hadn't played SR1 or BO1, but I managed to grasp the bulk of it... As I recall, my favorite FMV (series of which, actually) was the one where Raziel has his wings torn off and is cast into that vortex, ending up burned, blue, and missing a mandible...

Very cool stuff overall, just the actual gameplay wasn't very interesting... The only thing that kept me playing was so that I could watch the movies and figure out the plot...

*FADE OUT*

Well there is nothing uninteresting about the fighting in Defiance. They completly re-did it with combos and special attacks. Basically everything about Defiance KICKS ASS:D !!!!!

Weird Terrain
02-23-2004, 01:09 AM
I agree with the crowd in here, but sadly I have not yet played Defiance. But I guess it is a highly recommended game, ehh? ;)

predfan
02-25-2004, 03:05 AM
blood omen 2 has kain in it. its the only one ive played, but i like it so far. i have it on the xbox.

cheebacheeba
03-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Personally, I liked the first blood omen most.

Thaide
03-06-2004, 12:12 PM
I think the inability to skip the fmv in soul reaver 2 spoilt it for me. Although the fighting is kick ass