PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers Creepers?!?

otis
02-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Does anyone think this is one of the shittest teen movies there is? I can not stand either one. I have to admit the second is better, but i still hate them. Why are these movies rated so well?

Elvis_Christ
02-17-2004, 01:42 AM
I liked this movie it was above alot of the shitty teen garbage. Not the greatest horror film by any means but it has its moments.

Vodstok
02-17-2004, 04:15 AM
The first one was beautiful because itwas simple. I'm not so sure i even want to see the sequal.

in the woods...
02-17-2004, 09:15 AM
It was a greate movie up till they meet the cat lady, from there it just goes down. witch isnt that surprising since they had to remove 20 pages of the ending.

sleepaway
02-17-2004, 10:27 AM
The first one is amazing and I love the ending so much. The second one just blows.

HighPriestWise
02-17-2004, 11:05 AM
I agree with you. Part 2 did suckass.
I loved the first one.
They should have just stopped with the first one!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

orangestar
02-17-2004, 02:01 PM
It was pretty good, it definetly creeped me out. And I Loved the ending. I havent seen the sequel yet.

hellfire1
02-17-2004, 03:47 PM
didn't like it, although i thought the ending was pretty unexpected.
i actually liked the sequel better.

Shade
02-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Both were just 'okay'. I mean neither really scared me (though little does anymore >.<) but it did have its classic moments.

Machine King
02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
I don't see how Jeepers Creepers has any redeeming parts. I thought both of them were horrible, but to each their own.

crazy clown
02-17-2004, 04:06 PM
i thought that they were okay.

otis
02-17-2004, 05:24 PM
As i said before, I didn't like either. What kind of a creature drives a truck. I like the way he seemed when i thought he was human. He looked cool in the coat hat combo and the axe.

Shade
02-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey, the truck was a nice touch in my opinion. The 'Be eating you' tag especially.

alixzander
02-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Shade
Hey, the truck was a nice touch in my opinion. The 'Be eating you' tag especially.

lol, oh thats what it stands for, dang im stupid! i didn't relize that until now.

predfan
02-17-2004, 11:14 PM
the first one was very good, the second one sucked.
i dont think they got very good ratings btw, i dont care about ratings much though.

sleepaway
02-18-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by predfan
i dont think they got very good ratings btw, i dont care about ratings much though.

I don't think horror fans in general pay much attention to reviews and ratings seeing as we all sit through how many crappy movies per year?!!!

coldwhisper
02-18-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by sleepaway
I don't think horror fans in general pay much attention to reviews and ratings seeing as we all sit through how many crappy movies per year?!!!

That's coz we are all critics and we want to see the movie before we can form any opinion about it...:D

sleepaway
02-18-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by coldwhisper
That's coz we are all critics and we want to see the movie before we can form any opinion about it...:D

Now that's a fact!!! :D

HighPriestWise
02-18-2004, 10:44 AM
That is so damn true!!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Shade
02-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by predfan

You're right. Both got HORRIABLE ratings. I don't pay much attention to ratings either though. I've seen to many 'A+' movies I hated and 'D-' movies I loved to pay much attention to reviews.

Haunted
02-20-2004, 07:23 AM
The first one didn't do it for me, so I decided not to see the second one. I may, just for the hell of it, but I'd have to be pretty hard up for something to watch.

Doubleface
02-20-2004, 10:42 AM
:confused: I havent seen it yet could someone tell me the plot?

theCreeper
02-20-2004, 09:00 PM
I liked these movies, Jeeper's Creepers part one and two. Though nothing new, really, they both had their creepy parts...

HighPriestWise
02-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Like I said before. I thought part 2 sucked ass!!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Dismember
02-27-2004, 11:52 AM
I've only seen the first one and thought it was ok. Only thing I didn't like was that it seemed to end pretty abruptly. I'm not one to look at ratings much. I usually like movies that everyone else hates. I guess I'm easily entertained.

spoon
02-27-2004, 05:57 PM
i liked & own both 1 & 2. 1 had more mystery behind the creeper. it was a nice touch to see his wings come out in the 1st one.

in the 2nd, i think he seemed to develop too quickly (between 1 & 2) - he flew way too much, but it did add more "monster" vs. man & he became a little more greasy, which i'm not fond of because how over-lubricated & drag-queenish wishmaster turned out. that's just my opinion.

HighPriestWise
02-28-2004, 10:41 AM
I think part 2 should have never been made!
It was just too campy!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Killer Clown#1
02-29-2004, 06:09 PM
I love the first one but I was very dissipointed with the 2nd.

HighPriestWise
03-01-2004, 09:15 AM
I agree. I hope they don't make a part 3!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Bay Area $avage
03-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by otis
Does anyone think this is one of the shittest teen movies there is? I can not stand either one. I have to admit the second is better, but i still hate them. Why are these movies rated so well?

I'm with you 100%. I don't even want to see the sequel. I thought the first one was a pile of steaming shit. Plus the writer/director is a sick fucking pedaphile convicted child-raper.

HighPriestWise
03-03-2004, 09:55 AM
How do you know he a child raper??

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Killer Clown#1
03-03-2004, 12:17 PM
It was on the news a few years ago, he's one sick fuck.

HighPriestWise
03-04-2004, 09:47 AM
That is sick. Did he go to jail?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

zwoti
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
i believe he pleaded guilty to avoid jail, the boy he abused was starring in his film "clownhouse" at the time.

zwoti
03-04-2004, 10:57 AM
i stand corrected, he did go to jail.

http://www.vachss.com/mission/disney.html

Killer Clown#1
03-04-2004, 03:11 PM
I hope he got to know what it felt like in jail

crazy clown
03-04-2004, 04:10 PM
wow thats pretty surprising. has anybody seen clownhouse, i kinda want to see it now.

HighPriestWise
03-05-2004, 09:48 AM
They should have ripped that mother fucker's balls off!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

freddy69
03-07-2004, 09:41 AM
jeepers creepers is the dumbest fuckin movie i have ever seen

Randall_Flagg
03-10-2004, 01:29 AM
Thought both of em were ok. Thought the first was more suspenseful and the second was more action packed.

RFlagg.

HighPriestWise
03-10-2004, 10:02 AM
I agree!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

Nightmarian
03-11-2004, 09:41 AM
First one was great. Played a lot more with suspense and did well at it. I also prefered the "personality" of the Crepper in the first movie. Not truly a monster or a serial killer, some kinda twisted mix between both. We didn't saw it much too, making it more mysterious, a bit like Jason in the earlier installment of the F13 serie.

Second one was just ok. Mope closer to the "teen" horror genre. The creeper was too much of a beast into this one though. Pretty far away from the crazy truck driver from the first movie. I prefered the JC1 Creeper. The ending though was funny as hell in the second one, having the old farmer sitting in front of the "sleeping" creeper, waiting for it to awake. It was a nice flash.

All in all, nothing to go crazy about, but I've seen a lot worst than these two movies.

cheebacheeba
03-11-2004, 11:49 AM
"They should have ripped that mother fucker's balls off!"
...You and your HAIL SATAN shit...They should have ripped yer daddys balls off before he ever had the chance to bust the nut that became you, assboy.

"First one was great. Played a lot more with suspense and did well at it. "

- Agreed, it (along with final destination) was a nice, and long overdue break from the scream clones. My only complaints about the first one are
1: It was too short.
2: The "cut short" ending....and JC2 sure didn't make up for it IMO.

-B

Nightmarian
03-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
[B- Agreed, it (along with final destination) was a nice, and long overdue break from the scream clones. My only complaints about the first one are
1: It was too short.
2: The "cut short" ending....and JC2 sure didn't make up for it IMO.

-B [/B]

Most of it goes with my thought on it too. Indeed, Final Destination was one relief of the teeny horror theme.

It was of course way too short, but the new "unwritten" standars of trying to fit a movie in 1H30 - 1H45 brings us these kind of deceptions. Not to mention it gives them the opportunity to sell more DVDs by adding some "unreleased footage". In the case of JC2, if you saw the extra footage, it makes you wonder what kind of idiot decided to cut it off!!
And yes, the ending blew the movie's atmosphere. Sad, but it could have been a lot worst.

freddy69
03-13-2004, 01:31 PM
jeepers creepers is the dumbest fucking movie

Vampenguin
05-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Ur rong!! i thought it waz one of the best movies ive ever seen! i live any kind of horror, and im ashamed to say this, but teen-style is one of my faves...but the classics are even better. Anyway, the hilight of this movie for me was the end of the 1st one, havnt see the second yet...Ay1 know where i can get a pic like the last shot of the movie? u know, the guys eyes...or lack there of...

feral cat
05-19-2004, 01:34 PM
The first half of the first movie with the truck was pure class ... after that its down hill!

I did not know the directer was a kiddy abuser ... I wish I had never paid money to see this movie now WTF is he doing being employed by the industry there are loads of directors out there that dont fuck kids ... That really pisses me off! There are people who do more time for weed related offences than this c*nt who touches up kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evil_blonde
05-20-2004, 11:37 PM
i thought jeepers creepers was pretty cool actually, but i havent seen the second one....

jay o2 waster
05-21-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by otis

i liked it

MichaelMyers
05-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Great beginning, kind of started to fizzle toward the end. That chick is hot though. :cool:

nine9
05-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Wow! Jeepers really has mixed reviews!

I liked the first one alot until the stupid Creeper monster was shown. Blew the movie bigtime for me!
Now that I know what he looks like, I couldn't be bothered to see the sequel. Interestng story though.

bone collector
05-22-2004, 05:45 PM
i thought the first one was good until that lady who had dreams about the creeper, otherwise it was a great film, probably the best scene was when the cop got his tongue bittin out by the creeper. the second one sucked balls

Sistinas
05-22-2004, 05:47 PM
I like both of them.The first is the better one though.

Steelsymth
06-14-2004, 08:31 PM
I like them both alot, I think they kick ass.

I think he's evil without an any pity.

Once he gets sites set on someone he's nearly unstoppable.

He only eats the part of the person he needs. If he needs a eye he eats an eye or a part of the person that smells yummy.

My fav. thing about these movies is how they fit together. Part 2 is not a pt.2 as much as a "later that day". That the reason he flew around so much was he was moving place to place. Killing in the first one and moving to the second and killing there.

jay o2 waster
06-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I liked them, but not as much as the fucker above me...

KRUGERKID13
06-14-2004, 11:09 PM
i liked it up untill you see its a demon with wings i think it would have been better if it hadnt been a unstoppable force or somthing

Steelsymth
06-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by jay o2 waster
I liked them, but not as much as the fucker above me...

Jay that hurts.....fucker!Jay thinks I'm a fucker BOO-BOO

Steelsymth
06-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Steelsymth
Jay that hurts.....fucker!Jay thinks I'm a fucker BOO-BOO

JAY>>>>>>>>>>>>

HighPriestWise
06-19-2004, 09:10 PM
The movie would been better is we cound have seen that chick in the nude.

HIGH PRIEST WISE

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 09:28 AM
I think this movie gets a bad rap...I have definitely seen much worse

zwoti
06-20-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
we've all seen worse..

HighPriestWise
06-20-2004, 04:14 PM
I still wish we would have sen that chick in the nude!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Kim Soong Il
06-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne

Hmmm, I haven't.:D

Miss Britt
06-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I rather enjoyed the movie...

HighPriestWise
06-29-2004, 09:32 AM
I think so too but I still wish we could have seen that chick in the nude!

HIGH PRIEST WISE

bloodygurl02
06-29-2004, 09:41 PM
i just recently caught up on recent horror movies... my last bf wasn't much a horror person so we hardly rented them unless we agreed on the movie...... well any way i just saw it and i must say i was disappointed in it. it wasn't waht i expected from the previews i was expecting more i guess. it was ok just not as good as i thought it would b. i have yet to see the sequel

KRUGERKID13
06-29-2004, 09:49 PM
I liked it untill ya see that its a demon

HighPriestWise
08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
I didn't mind it being a demon,why did you want it to be?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Hate_Breeder
08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13

Agreed. I thought it was awesome up until that point. If it was a crazy old hillbilly that would be different

bwind22
08-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I thought the first of the first one was excellent. Then it starts going downhill a little. (They shouldn't have tried to fit that stupid song into the story.) The end was a unexpectedly pleasent surprise though.

The second one wasn't very good at all, in my opinion. It was much more of a standard horror film than the first one. A bunch of teens get stuck in the middle of nowhere, killed one by one. :rolleyes: It's been done a thousand times.

I hate when movies feel like they need to follow a formula. Why is it so damn hard to be original? They had it figured out in the first movei, but completely forgot about creativity in the second one.

dantehorrorfan
08-11-2004, 12:45 AM
first one was ok 2 one really freakkin sucked and that guy should have his nads cut off if he did that

LilMissScareAll
08-12-2004, 06:48 AM
I love the first one...the second one is alright, but the first one is definitely better, I think.

Vampenguin
08-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13

It wasnt a demon. Watch the sp. features on #2

Btw, I loved them both.

KRUGERKID13
08-14-2004, 06:51 PM
whatever the fuckin thing had wings and ate people in my book thats a demon

LatinLoco
08-19-2004, 07:47 AM
The first movie was great, becuz the director did a good job not to show the watchers the killer was a demon. In the beginning you think it's a man, but then it turns out to be a freakin demonnn. That was nice.

g0nzal3z
08-19-2004, 03:58 PM
This movie is interesting so many people hate it, yet so many peopl like it! I would give 6.5/10... it was alright haven't seen the sequel yet, fuck that director should never be a movie director again.

Vampenguin
08-21-2004, 05:30 AM
I love both of the movies, I find them quite original.

The Creeper is alot kooler with his hat/coat/axe, but He is one of my all time favorite movie monsters either way. I enjoyed the 2nd movie much more than #1, but bother were amazing....If only Victor Salva was a sick bastard....Id compliment him on being a great director, but shit.....can you say "Molester"?

xGuardianx03
08-21-2004, 05:51 AM
I thought the first movie was okay but nothing special. I absolutely loathed the second movie. This (the 2nd) was the hardest movie I've ever sat through in a movie theater.

And I saw Spawn at the movies!!! :)

breech
08-21-2004, 06:32 PM
the first movie kicked ass - not to often you get to see a bad guy get away scott free with the good element standing around with thier thumbs up theier butt and that priceless "what the fuck" just happened look on thier faces - priceless - plus the creeper in this moive is totally badass

now the second

good god why o why did i rent this...

could have been great, but they gave the creeper way to much personalty taking away from it's more primative aspects of brutality - just wasn't scary, found myself laughing through most of it

Lucid Dreams
08-21-2004, 07:29 PM
all i've got to say is....*Jeepers, Creepers, Where'd you get those peepers? Jeepers, Creepers, where'd you get those eyes?!?*

Preacher
08-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Oh god.....they put the first one on UK tv last night.

What a load of shite. Boycotted it cos i saw it at the cinema and thought it was wank.

First half is realy good but then it goes right down hill. Watched the olympics instead.

Not gonna bother wastin me money on the sequel.

Latas...p x

rottenapplesss
05-08-2007, 06:27 AM
As i said before, I didn't like either. What kind of a creature drives a truck. I like the way he seemed when i thought he was human. He looked cool in the coat hat combo and the axe.

i agree with you. when i thought he was human i was REALLY into it.. went downhill, and i never watched the second, so if they make a third i probally won't watch that one either. (but who knows..)

bwind22
05-08-2007, 06:52 AM
i agree with you. when i thought he was human i was REALLY into it.. went downhill, and i never watched the second, so if they make a third i probally won't watch that one either. (but who knows..)

You're talking to a guy that hasn't been here in 3+ years. (This is an old thread.)

Re: JC.... I'll check it out. Especially if it's a prequel. Victor Salva is writing & directing again so it should be decent at worst in the gore department, but I'll check it out just for more storyline on the interesting monster.

jaybomb
05-08-2007, 08:14 AM
i agree with the most that the first half of the movie was great, then it just went to complete shit. :mad:

Shadow
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
"Jeepers Creepers. Where did you get those peepers?
Jeepers Creepers. Where did you get those eyes?
Gosh all get up. How did they get so lit up?
Gosh all get up. How did they get that size?

Haha, love that song.

I thought the films were good. By no means where they scary but I found them an enjoyable watch. The second had more action but the first stood ok on its own. I liked the idea and the monster was cool (Hell how many other monsters can pull of the coat and hat, like he did?) Had me laughing quite a bit but not bad. I would watch them again.

Posher778
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I love Jeepers Creepers! The whole movie. Except, he did look stupid when it showed that weird.... face... thing near the end. The scene at the police station was great and pretty freaky. If this is a *teen* movie it's a scary one.

VampiricClown
05-08-2007, 03:36 PM

....You clearly are not a horror fan...

The first one was a great film. It wasn't just a "Teenage Horror Film", but something that the horror community hadn't seen since the original slasher film days.

The second one was terrible. It was nothing but a teen-slasher film. Nothing worthwhile to watch in it.

Posher778
05-08-2007, 03:49 PM
....You clearly are not a horror fan...

The first one was a great film. It wasn't just a "Teenage Horror Film", but something that the horror community hadn't seen since the original slasher film days.

The second one was terrible. It was nothing but a teen-slasher film. Nothing worthwhile to watch in it.

Yes! Thank you.

novakru
05-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Old thread, good subject.

I liked the first one, saw bits and pieces of the 2nd, not going to rent it any time soon though.

chaibill
05-09-2007, 08:08 AM
i saw the first one and it was garbage that kid's skin is too short for that tall guy
but i don't really remember it i will have to see it again

jenna26
05-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Old thread, good subject.

I liked the first one, saw bits and pieces of the 2nd, not going to rent it any time soon though.

I thought the first one was entertaining enough but far from great, I have yet to see the second one, and from I hear I am not missing much. ;)

the_real_linda
05-15-2007, 09:31 AM
youre not missing anything in my opinion

swiss tony
05-15-2007, 12:40 PM
jeepers creepers is one of the foremost movies in the category of 'very promising start then turns to shit'. i wouldn't waste my time with it

toXsick
05-17-2007, 05:40 AM
Heh, I might get slammed for this, but I liked both I and II. The second one especially. If you look to hard at it, you'll give yourself a headache from eyerolling, but it has a way of suspending my disbelief and engaging me.

Misfit
05-18-2007, 04:40 AM
Ur rong!! i thought it waz one of the best movies ive ever seen! i live any kind of horror, and im ashamed to say this, but teen-style is one of my faves...but the classics are even better. Anyway, the hilight of this movie for me was the end of the 1st one, havnt see the second yet...Ay1 know where i can get a pic like the last shot of the movie? u know, the guys eyes...or lack there of...

Ridiculous thing to say!!! No-one is wrong for having their own opinion for fuck sake!!!

I watched the first one, really pissed off that I wasted time on it, in my opinion it was utter shite and not worth watching. I haven't bothered with the second one and I don't reckon I ever will unless I'm given a watch it or die ultimatum! :D