PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Links

sleepaway
02-14-2004, 03:23 AM
Did anyone ever watch this show with Ethan Embry? I think it was one of the shows produced on the back of the Blair Witch success. I know it didn't last long but does anyone have any memories of it? I think they eventually aired it in the UK years later but I totally missed it.

Vodstok
02-18-2004, 04:56 AM
I recall it being on. It was one of those shows that i was going to watch, but it came on on fridays, so i missed it. I was a little put off by the "Blair witch camera" tricks they used....Some tricks just need to go away once their novelty has worn off (bullet0-time, anyone?)

I wanted to give it a chance, though, because i always like ethan embry. He reminded me of me, and i like me :D

sleepaway
02-18-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok

I wanted to give it a chance, though, because i always like ethan embry. He reminded me of me, and i like me :D

lol :D That's funy! Embry is cool. You seem cool too. Remember when he was called Ethan Randall, or is it just me who's sad enough to know that?!!!!

cheebacheeba
02-25-2004, 02:08 AM
Yep, saw the show, and hey, despite what alot of ppl seem to have said about the show, I quiet liked it.
Just wondering, sleepaway, have u ever seen either of the following shows:
*The Nowhere Man
*Freaks and Geeks
??????????????????
They were also shows that were short lived, but I thought they were cool too.

sleepaway
02-25-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Yep, saw the show, and hey, despite what alot of ppl seem to have said about the show, I quiet liked it.
*The Nowhere Man
*Freaks and Geeks
??????????????????

No I never did watch The Nowhere Man - was never sure about it. Remember the trailers .

Freaks & Geeks - well no but I always wanted to and I am buying the DVD when it's out in April - I'm very excited! It has never been shown here.

cheebacheeba
02-25-2004, 02:55 AM
Well good choice on freaks n geeks, I thought it was pretty funny.
You know what, u really oughta check out Nowhere Man if u get the chance, good shit.

Killer Clown#1
02-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Is freaks n Geeks kinda like Beat the geeks on comedy central?

sleepaway
02-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Well good choice on freaks n geeks, I thought it was pretty funny.
You know what, u really oughta check out Nowhere Man if u get the chance, good shit.

I will. Cheers. :)

sleepaway
02-25-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Is freaks n Geeks kinda like Beat the geeks on comedy central? http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/home.shtm

Vodstok
02-26-2004, 04:40 AM
What ever happened to The Lone Gunman? Everybody thought the X-Files was a nerd show, but this one had it beat.

I like dit quite a bit, but then it disappeared after a few episodes, and then they killed all of the guys on an episode of the x-files..... Fuckin Fox...

sleepaway
02-27-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
What ever happened to The Lone Gunman? Everybody thought the X-Files was a nerd show, but this one had it beat.

The Lone-Gunmen was a HUGE bomb - NOBODY watched it! Wether it was good or bad if nobody watches it it's gone - it's all down to money.

I hated the lone gunmen I would dread any episode of x-files that was just about them as I found them boring and come on that guy just looked like Garth and it just bugged me!

cheebacheeba
02-27-2004, 02:57 AM
yeah, I saw the lone gunmen once or twice (hey, I think that mighta been just about ALL the episodes), and I wasn't much impressed...to be nice about it.
I always thought if they HAD to spin-off x-files (which the last 2-3 years of was just shit, IMO), they could do one about that crazy russian guy who kept fucking with both sides....can't remember his name, think he was a spy or something..?|

HorrorGoof
02-27-2004, 03:09 AM
Hey here in Denmark, they just started the series! On a channel called TV2 ZULU they show a episode every monday afternoon (think it's about that time). But it's a Danish channel, so every body livin' out of skandinavia, forget it.
There have only been 3 episodes or something, and it's really scary (I meen compared to Buffy and goosebums. I hate those!!).

Vodstok
02-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Wow. I appear to have been the only one who liked it. That solves that mystery :)

Cheeba, I believe you are referring to Alex Krycek. He managed to fuck around so much EVERYBODY wanted him dead at some point. He got his arm hacked off at one point. Even Skinner, who was squeeky clean couldnt resist punching the shit out of him whenever he saw him.

I agree, that would have been an interesting show.

sleepaway
02-28-2004, 02:04 AM

I always thought if they HAD to spin-off x-files (which the last 2-3 years of was just shit, IMO), they could do one about that crazy russian guy who kept fucking with both sides....can't remember his name, think he was a spy or something..?|

Krycheck?

cheebacheeba
02-28-2004, 02:39 AM
Yeah guys, that's him....I dunno why, I just thought he was one of the coolest characters in the whole show - probably just because I enjoyed peoples reactions to his bullshit, that, and he WAS kinda kickass...

sleepaway
02-28-2004, 04:05 AM
I didn't like that character as he had the most plot holes connected to him! Like one episode he was trapped somewhere and the next time you saw him there was no explanation how he got out. And wasn't he actually dead once and then there he was again.

They should of spun off Eugene Tooms!!!

Vodstok
02-28-2004, 07:28 AM
oooooo, tooms was definately one of the coolest characters ever. I also liked the guy from the episode kitsu negari, the guy with the brain tumor that could talk people into doing things. He talked a cop into driving in front of a truck, another one inmto setting himself on fire, talked a fat guy into having a heart attack, and some little woman in the FBI to kick the shit out of skinner. It was awesome:)

DarkwingMantis
02-29-2004, 07:42 PM
*The Nowhere Man
*Freaks and Geeks
??????????????????

I used to fucking love the nowhere man, but sadly I dont remember what it was about! :D Ive watched a lot of shit since it went of the air! Is it on dvd or does it play on tv anywhere

cheebacheeba
03-01-2004, 02:37 AM
Mantis - I might be rusty on a few details, but the BASIC premise was that some reporter dude takes some footage of the US military hanging/torturing some ppl, they find him out, and basically erase his life....It's a little like the pretender, in that he's being chased down every episode while trying to uncover stuff that links to his past, 'cept in the nowhere man, he DOES remember his past, but needs evidence, as nobody (including his wife) else does.
Cool show, I'd buy the whole series on dvd in a second if it were out there...

sleepaway
03-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by DarkwingMantis
I used to fucking love the nowhere man, but sadly I dont remember what it was about! :D Ive watched a lot of shit since it went of the air! Is it on dvd or does it play on tv anywhere

No there's no DVD - checked as I wanted to see it!!

sleepaway
03-01-2004, 04:39 AM
Mantis - I might be rusty on a few details, but the BASIC premise was that some reporter dude takes some footage of the US military hanging/torturing some ppl, they find him out, and basically erase his life....It's a little like the pretender, in that he's being chased down every episode while trying to uncover stuff that links to his past, 'cept in the nowhere man, he DOES remember his past, but needs evidence, as nobody (including his wife) else does.
Cool show, I'd buy the whole series on dvd in a second if it were out there...

Mantis was that guy in the wheelchair right? Isn't he in Alias now???

cheebacheeba
03-01-2004, 04:40 AM
Aint it a muthafuggin' biaaaatch!?! (that the dvd aint avilable)
sleepaway, I was replying to darkwingmantis, hence my use of the word mantis.
I do, however recall that series too, yeah, black sciency type dude in a wheelchair, kinda like a lame iron-man ripoff....
There was another one on at about the same time, some other wannabe superhero show, i think it was called "nightman" or something...

cheebacheeba
03-01-2004, 04:51 AM
I edited - typing this just in case ya missed the revised post above this one....

William
03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
I watched it whenever I could. I really liked it, was one of my favorite shows in fact. Too bad it got cancelled.

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 09:51 AM
I really wanted to see this, and never got the chance...*sigh*

Rein In Blood
06-26-2004, 05:58 PM
I saw this show a few times, but it didn't last to long. Is this coming on DVD soon?