PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

_____V_____
12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
December 15, 2008

Dimension Films and Rob Zombie are teaming for another chapter of "Halloween," and he's racing to scare up the pic for release in October.

Zombie will write and direct "H2," the sequel to his 2007 reinvention of the John Carpenter horror classic. Production will begin in March.

The new film picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

Zombie said it won't resemble the original second installment, as the "House of 1000 Corpses" helmer continues to take the franchise in different directions.

Zombie took Carpenter's original and stamped it with an original storyline that treated Myers as a clinical psychopath. The film grossed $60 million domestically in 2007.

Zombie had told Dimension chief and TWC co-chairman Bob Weinstein he wanted nothing to do with a sequel. But just like the franchise's villain, Zombie was compelled to come back.

"I was so burned out. (But) I took a long break, made a record and I got excited again," Zombie said. "Now, we'll be hauling ass, and that's the problem making a movie called 'Halloween': If you come out Nov. 1 or after, nobody cares. If it was called anything else, I'd be fine."

Malek Akkad of Trancas Intl. Films will produce with Spectacle Entertainment's Andy Gould.

The_Return
12-16-2008, 12:59 AM
*** Spoilers ***

You know, I was really hoping they'd let him stay dead. His death was pretty damn final in this one, instead of just falling out a window or something.

Oh well...that's Hollywood, I guess.

Rodus
12-16-2008, 08:09 AM
I loved the original Halloween (and the 2nd) but I also really enjoyed Zombies' remake, even though I was expecting to loathe it, so I'm actually quite looking forward to this. Rob Zombie is maturing and improving as a director with every film he does so it does have a fair bit of potential.

Posher778
12-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Seriously? Zombie is one of the worst horror directors in business right now. He basically directed the worst remake in existence. So please Rob, stick to your music (which is really good)

Rodus
12-16-2008, 09:09 AM
the worst remake in existence.
Have you never seen Gus Van Sant's Psycho remake?

Posher778
12-16-2008, 09:13 AM

Yes, and it wasn't great. It was however, tolerable. Zombie took what Halloween had been defined as and turned it into a ridiculous clusterfuck. He ruined it.

massacre man
12-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Seriously? Zombie is one of the worst horror directors in business right now. He basically directed the worst remake in existence. So please Rob, stick to your music (which is really good)

He's nowhere near the worst director. Maybe writer, but not director.

ChronoGrl
12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
*** Spoilers ***

You know, I was really hoping they'd let him stay dead. His death was pretty damn final in this one, instead of just falling out a window or something.

***CONTINUE POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I feel the same way. Honestly, I didn't like the remake much at all save for the last five minutes. I thought that those last five minutes were brilliantly done, chilling, and an amazing re-envisioning of the original.

***/END POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I think that Gus Van Sant should be shot in the face.

He's nowhere near the worst director. Maybe writer, but not director.

I agree whole-heartedly on this one. House of a Thousand Corpses was a modern piece of exploitation grindhouse brilliance.

Despare
12-16-2008, 12:05 PM

There are SOOO many bad remakes, Halloween wasn't even in the top ten for me. The Preacher's Wife anyone? Anyway, I thought at the ending of Halloween there were different things that could have happened which is why Zombie opted for the more ambiguous shot instead of a clear view of Myers getting his head blown off.

hacelikewhoa
12-16-2008, 02:23 PM
fuck this

rob zombie sucks and he ruined halloween

massacre man
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
he ruined halloween

How?......

roshiq
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
As a Rob Zombie film, I think Halloween (2007) was too good!:D

_____V_____
12-18-2008, 08:37 AM
December 17, 2008

Zombie's return to Haddonfield is pretty certain now, and something else which has become quite clear is that Zombie intends on bringing back a few names from his 2007 remake of Halloween.

From sources close to the project, expect to see the return of Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode, Tyler Mane as Michael Myers, Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Sam Loomis, Daeg Faerch as young Michael Myers and of course Sheri Moon Zombie as Deborah Meyers.

Nothing is set in stone as the script is currently being written, but official news will be up when anything is officially announced.

Rob Zombie's H2 picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

massacre man
12-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Rob confirmed that Tyler Mane has already signed on to play The Shape again.

BLOODLORD
12-18-2008, 12:38 PM
I think Zombie's remake is pretty good, not as chilling as the original, but a good try. I've seen (in my opinion) many worse remakes.

Elvis_Christ
12-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Halloween was his weakest film IMO but I've got high hopes for the sequel especially since it'll be more of his ideas rather than following the set blueprint the original had.

...and those who think he ruined the series with his remake can get fucked. H20 and Resurrection did way more damage to the franchise Zombie's remake is easily the best addition since the sixth flick.

Poster:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/53/l_114b6e17c3f142a78ff77f71ad966577.jpg

The_Return
12-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Wow - is that poster legit or fan made?

I love it...nice twist on the original's design.

massacre man
12-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Wow - is that poster legit or fan made?

I love it...nice twist on the original's design.

It's legit...

The_Return
12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
It's legit...

Just found it strange that the poster would show up so soon after the movie was just announced.

hacelikewhoa
12-19-2008, 09:55 PM
How?......

ruined it IMO I should say so no body gets their panties in a bunch. But I hated it. Too modernized for me. I just thought Halloween was an amazing masterpiece that was made from scratch and with very little money and yet it's way better than half of the other horror flicks which were made with so much more but came out as shit. I just hated the fact that Rob Zombie of all people especially tried to remake it... I hate that every f*&cking horror movie I love is now being remade. wtf WHY CAN'T SOMEONE COME UP WITH THEIR OWN HORROR MOVIES? And why are they all doing it at once? BE ORIGINAL. Jesus tap dancing christ...I would want to be remembered for making my own masterpiece, not REMAKING one.

massacre man
12-20-2008, 06:14 AM
ruined it IMO I should say so no body gets their panties in a bunch. But I hated it. Too modernized for me. I just thought Halloween was an amazing masterpiece that was made from scratch and with very little money and yet it's way better than half of the other horror flicks which were made with so much more but came out as shit. I just hated the fact that Rob Zombie of all people especially tried to remake it... I hate that every f*&cking horror movie I love is now being remade. wtf WHY CAN'T SOMEONE COME UP WITH THEIR OWN HORROR MOVIES? And why are they all doing it at once? BE ORIGINAL. Jesus tap dancing christ...I would want to be remembered for making my own masterpiece, not REMAKING one.

But I don't get how he "ruined" anything. What you're saying sounds more like "poorly remade one of my favorite horror movies". As you still have a respect for the original after seeing the remake it wasn't ruined.

Posher778
12-20-2008, 09:20 AM
@Massacre- I never said he was the worst. I said one of the worst. Which I stand by.

However, the poster is cool.

massacre man
12-20-2008, 09:48 AM
@Massacre- I never said he was the worst. I said one of the worst. Which I stand by.

And I said "near the worst" meaning in the general area. ;)

hacelikewhoa
12-23-2008, 10:10 PM
But I don't get how he "ruined" anything. What you're saying sounds more like "poorly remade one of my favorite horror movies". As you still have a respect for the original after seeing the remake it wasn't ruined.

I'm just disappointed I guess because now when I talk about Halloween to people that aren't deep into horror they are going to picture Rob Zombie's Halloween if he is going to continue with the franchise. But, I guess it really doesn't matter either way because people are going to keep remaking all of my favorites as they did to many of the other generations of horror movies. I just wish some of my favorites would be untouched, but I don't think that's going to happen. I would like to think of them as being up on a pedestal rather than being hidden behind remakes.

Faceless
01-06-2009, 10:44 PM
:D :D Might be the only one worth waiting for this year. If you like his others. Most don't because the way it's directed/shot. I love it myself.

ferretchucker
01-07-2009, 07:23 AM
John Carpenter's Halloween is my favourite horror film, and Rob Zombie's Halloween wasn't nearly as good as I thought it would be, but I didn't hate it and would watch it again. Overall, I don't mind remakes being made as long as they stay true enough to the original story to make it recognizable, otherwise they're just selling tickets off of the name, but also far enough a way that it can be interesting. And hopefully people still remember the original.

I don't mind RZ doing this either, as long as he now takes it in his own direction. He changed the story of the first one and made it his own, to now make this exactly like the original sequel would just be stupid.

everydayishalloween
01-07-2009, 09:50 AM
I liked the remake, but *SPOILERS!* how can michael, his mom and Loomis be in the second one... THEY'RE FREAKIN DEAD! Also, how can young Michael return? He's all grown up! If they do come back I just hope the reasons for it are at least believeable. I'll probably go see it anyway just because I'm starved for any decent horror movies.

The_Return
01-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I liked the remake, but *SPOILERS!* how can michael, his mom and Loomis be in the second one... THEY'RE FREAKIN DEAD! Also, how can young Michael return? He's all grown up! If they do come back I just hope the reasons for it are at least believeable. I'll probably go see it anyway just because I'm starved for any decent horror movies.

I hear he's planning to experiment with a risky new cinematic technique...something known as a "flashback".

everydayishalloween
01-07-2009, 10:53 AM
That's good enough for me!

yetimonster
01-07-2009, 11:49 AM
haha, yes, The Return - we'll see how technical he gets with his moviemaking skills. Either way, I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm indifferent to Rob Zombie... dont' love him/ dont' hate him.

JokerMONEY3000
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Any ideas on how he'll get around the ending of Halloween I?

rasobasi420
01-09-2009, 09:55 AM
They didn't really show MM dying, just Laurie on top firing a gun at him. He could have just suffered serious head trauma, and been taken into custody.

Despare
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
They didn't really show MM dying, just Laurie on top firing a gun at him. He could have just suffered serious head trauma, and been taken into custody.

She also could have fired near his head, not able to kill her little bro.

rasobasi420
01-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I think if he survived and was conscious, he would have kept trying to kill her, and the movie wouldn't have ended.

And it was her big bro.

massacre man
01-09-2009, 12:58 PM
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/zombiezombie/right4small.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr226/zombiezombie/front1small.jpg

The mold for the mask.

Disease
01-09-2009, 01:20 PM

Didn't you hear? There is also a time machine in this one..

DeVuL
01-12-2009, 09:08 PM

I second that!

DeVuL
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I hear he's planning to experiment with a risky new cinematic technique...something known as a "flashback".

ha! Nail on the head man, nail on the head....

DeVuL
01-12-2009, 09:16 PM
My boyfriend and I are trying to figure out how he'll bring them all back... I understand the whole "flashback" thing, but like, ugh... I dunno...

either way, can't wait....

DeVuL
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Why have they decided to reboot every horror series going? CLASSICS... :confused:

I'm personally all for it, cuz I know a shit-load of people who haven't seen the classics because they're just that, "classics".. call it ignorant that they won't take a chance to watch them, so okay.. how do we get them to watch it? Make a remake... then they'll go.. "hmm, maybe the original wasn't that bad, or better!" Hence they turn around and view the original classics....

how's that?

hacelikewhoa
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Why have they decided to reboot every horror series going? CLASSICS... :confused:

New age horror film makers lack imagination, creativity, and or talent. An easy way to make a buck? I hate it. It really makes me want to make a horror movie of my own. They all lack originality, unlike the classic originals .

illdojo
01-13-2009, 06:24 PM
Hollyweird will never stop remaking classic horror or cult films. They're cheap to make and it's profitable...and on that note.... I can't fucking believe they remade My Bloody Valentine. It will probably suck and I'll have to see it!!!!!!!!

They always win. :mad:

DeVuL
01-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Hollyweird will never stop remaking classic horror or cult films. They're cheap to make and it's profitable...and on that note.... I can't fucking believe they remade My Bloody Valentine. It will probably suck and I'll have to see it!!!!!!!!

They always win. :mad:

I honestly think My Bloody Valentine will kick some serious bootay...

god help them if they prove me wrong though.... :eek:

lyricist
01-14-2009, 08:55 PM
i hope it does. i'm going to see that and Notorious on friday so i hope it's at least half as good as the original.

stenchofdeath
01-27-2009, 02:35 AM

Contains spoiler.......

To appeal to the new young generation, as a way of getting more money for older films. I bet half these directors make a film, then 15 years later once they have a list of things that they wanted to put into the original but couldn't or didn't at the time the idea of remake comes up. I think the Halloween sequel will be good especially if it doesn't stick to the original. How does Michael survive? Remember that thing called hollywood magic that they're always going on about, well...

_____V_____
02-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Rob Zombie announced today that Brea Grant from the smash show "Heroes" has joined the cast of H2. She will be playing Mya Rockwell, Laurie Strode's co-worker at Uncle Meat's Jave Hole. She joins an already quickly growing cast for the film, which begins shooting in two weeks for release on August 28th.

In addition, Bloody-Disgusting learned today that Daeg Faerch has finally officially signed the dotted line and will return as young Michael Myers.

Word has it that there will be plenty of flashbacks...

massacre man
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
http://www.halloweenmovies.com/H2/SET_01.jpg

http://www.halloweenmovies.com/H2/operation_smaller.jpg

fortunato
02-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Blehhhhh.
How awful.

yourlastmistake
02-27-2009, 03:14 PM
My wife drives through our small town square every day to take the kids to and from school, and, early this week, she started noticing Halloween garb showing up here and there. Later, a grungy Halloween sign appeared above an empty storefront, and trailers and trucks started showing up in the street. She drug me up there to see it a few nights ago and I noticed a Haddonfield Halloween Festival sign. When my daughter got home from school, she said that she had seen Rob Zombie at her school, looking to recruit drama students to be extras. He had a group of girls run across the empty track field behind the building, and , *****SPOILER***** rumor has it that Michael Myers meets his fate in the woods behind the school. According to the drama teacher, they should be filming at the school this weekend.

So yeah, H2 is being filmed in my shitty town.

It's not much, but here's a few pictures:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2trailers2.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2trailers.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2pumpkin.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2square.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2haddenfield.jpg

continued in next post

yourlastmistake
02-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Continued from last post

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2halloweenstore3.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2halloweenstore2.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Skumbuket/h2halloweenstore.jpg

massacre man
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM
I feel pretty good about this. But I liked Rob's first outing.

georgieHORRORSHOW
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I love Rob Zombie's films but, I wasn't very impressed with his remake of "Halloween" at all.

mnemonic
03-05-2009, 11:51 AM
As much as I really enjoyed House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects I absolutely HATED Zombie's Halloween. He destroyed EVERYTHING about Michael that made him purely evil. In Zombie's version Dr. Loomis refers to him as a "psychopath", that is NOT Michael Myers! In Carpenter's well done masterpiece Michael is referred to as "purely and simply, evil" and THAT is the real Michael Myers. I thought the whole backstory and origin behind him was aweful as well. The whole white trash poor homelife thing was the most terrible cliche I could ever imagine. Michael Myers in the original Halloween has NO purpose, NO motive and NO remorse, he is just evil in human form. What I loved about Michael in the original is he didn't have a backstory, he just snapped one day and the evil came out. I think the correct way of doing a backstory to Michael would to have him never talk, never have really been normal, never to have really showed emotion, like something was always wrong with him in a sense. He would just be that really weird creepy boy who still ate, still slept, but didn't ever have friends or interact sociably too much at all, always to himself. He would of course still be loved by his family but they would be highly concerned with him and his well being. THEN things just escalate with his emotions, his actions would get more disturbing and then he kills Judith while his parents are gone and there ya go, there's your backstory. But hey, that's just me. Zombie's Michael was too human, nothing at all creepy about him. Daeg was a terrible actor too.

sabz_20
03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
*** Spoilers ***

hey...your absolutely right, they just want to make more money off it but dont realise how incrediblely shit it is..
if you ask me rob zombie just fukt it up..:mad:

davidd60
03-15-2009, 09:30 PM
I cant wait to see the new one, i was excited to hear that he was making a new one, after i heard that he wasnt, plus his new cd coming out, rob is very busy

lucifreek
03-16-2009, 07:43 AM

I wouldn't say worst. I thought Rob Zombies halloween was a better remake than friday the 13th and my bloody valentine was. I enjoy Rob's films. And the reason why people didn't like his halloween is because they are trying to compare it to the original. John said to Rob "make it your own," so he did. I am looking forward to Rob Zombies H2 and his other movie T-Rex! I don't know about you, but I'm a big fan of Rob Zombie, both his music and movies are great.

lucifreek
03-16-2009, 07:51 AM
As much as I really enjoyed House of 1,000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects I absolutely HATED Zombie's Halloween. He destroyed EVERYTHING about Michael that made him purely evil. In Zombie's version Dr. Loomis refers to him as a "psychopath", that is NOT Michael Myers! In Carpenter's well done masterpiece Michael is referred to as "purely and simply, evil" and THAT is the real Michael Myers. I thought the whole backstory and origin behind him was aweful as well. The whole white trash poor homelife thing was the most terrible cliche I could ever imagine. Michael Myers in the original Halloween has NO purpose, NO motive and NO remorse, he is just evil in human form. What I loved about Michael in the original is he didn't have a backstory, he just snapped one day and the evil came out. I think the correct way of doing a backstory to Michael would to have him never talk, never have really been normal, never to have really showed emotion, like something was always wrong with him in a sense. He would just be that really weird creepy boy who still ate, still slept, but didn't ever have friends or interact sociably too much at all, always to himself. He would of course still be loved by his family but they would be highly concerned with him and his well being. THEN things just escalate with his emotions, his actions would get more disturbing and then he kills Judith while his parents are gone and there ya go, there's your backstory. But hey, that's just me. Zombie's Michael was too human, nothing at all creepy about him. Daeg was a terrible actor too.

Like I said before John told Rob zombie to make it his own, and he did. And there has to be a story, which is why I liked Rob's version better. you just don't snap out for no reason. and pychopaths are evil. Daeg was a good actor, and Michael is human. He's not a walking corpse like Jason Voorhees is. Don't get me wrong, I loved the original, I just think that Rob Zombies Halloween was great too. maybe not better, but not terrible either like some people say it is. We all have our own opinions on movies. Much better than "my bloody valentine" and "friday the 13" remakes. And I would be much more scared with a big guy in a mask than some guy shorter than me in a halloween mask. But thats just me lol. And if anyone thinks the sequels after halloween 2 (original) are better than the remake are on some good crack. halloween 3 and the ones after it were terrible:mad:

_____V_____
03-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Margot Kidder (The Amityville Horror, Sisters, Superman, Black Christmas), has joined the cast of Rob Zombie's Halloween sequel, which apparently has been given a new name.

"Margot Kidder has joined Halloween - The Devil Walks Among Us as Laurie Strode's therapist Barbara Collier," writes Zombie on his official blog.

Fans of the first movie didnt like the moniker H2 and Halloween: The Devil Walks Among Us sounds like a pretty solid new title.

Shooting is now underway in Georgia as Dimension has the film slated for release on August 28.

lucifreek
03-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Margot Kidder (The Amityville Horror, Sisters, Superman, Black Christmas), has joined the cast of Rob Zombie's Halloween sequel, which apparently has been given a new name.

"Margot Kidder has joined Halloween - The Devil Walks Among Us as Laurie Strode's therapist Barbara Collier," writes Zombie on his official blog.

Fans of the first movie didnt like the moniker H2 and Halloween: The Devil Walks Among Us sounds like a pretty solid new title.

Shooting is now underway in Georgia as Dimension has the film slated for release on August 28.

Sounds Awesome, I can't wait to see it. "The Devil Walks Among us" sounds pretty cool. I'm glad he's making it his own, instead of doing a useless remake.

deathskee
03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
I dont know if its because ive loved rob zombie and his old band white zombie for years now, and may be i just wana love everything he does. but i actually liked halloween! Obviously not as good as house of 1000 corpses or devils rejects but still good. My friend described it as somthing like a "music video for slipknot" which i did find very funny. But give mr zombie a break guys he's ace :)

Zero
03-21-2009, 10:59 AM

i wish someone could spare me from this 'insider/tongue-in-cheek cameo' nonsense - not that rob zombie had good ideas of his own (I hated house and devil's) but why must he poop on other people's good ideas - total freakin hack

Death Magnetic
03-21-2009, 11:08 PM
so he fucked up the first one and is now gonna fuck up another....

milktoaste
03-22-2009, 05:25 AM
so he fucked up the first one and is now gonna fuck up another....

No, he cashed in on the first one, and is now going to cash in on the second.

Zero
03-22-2009, 07:18 AM
No, he cashed in on the first one, and is now going to cash in on the second.

cha-ching!!!

Elvis_Christ
03-22-2009, 11:14 PM
i wish someone could spare me from this 'insider/tongue-in-cheek cameo' nonsense - not that rob zombie had good ideas of his own (I hated house and devil's) but why must he poop on other people's good ideas - total freakin hack

Don't watch it. Its not exactly rocket science avoiding something you're not going to enjoy is it?

A pissing and moaning delusional keyboard warrior who thinks he's a monkey calling someone like Zombie a 'total freaken hack'? Nice one buddy :rolleyes:

AmericanManiac
04-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Filming has wrapped on this film on Friday April the 10, release date Aug 28, 2009.
Official SIte: http://www.halloween2-movie.com/

For some good still check out http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1612/gallery

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2: "The Devil walks among us" first glimpse here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i2fNPFEpBg&feature=player_embedded

IMO I can't wait for this film as I thought Zombie did one hell of a job on the "revision" of the first.

Clockwork Black
04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Don't watch it. Its not exactly rocket science avoiding something you're not going to enjoy is it?

Thank you.

I dont get the remake hater thing. Most of them suck, granted. And Im all for being orginal and all that.
But some of you guys sound like you wrote, directed, and produced the orginal Halloween. I dont know for sure, but I feel pretty confident saying nobody here had anything to do with it.

If your not into it, dont watch it. I hate country music with a passion. I dont bitch about it every chance I get though, I just dont listen to it.

Despare
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Thank you.

I dont get the remake hater thing. Most of them suck, granted. And Im all for being orginal and all that.
But some of you guys sound like you wrote, directed, and produced the orginal Halloween. I dont know for sure, but I feel pretty confident saying nobody here had anything to do with it.

If your not into it, dont watch it. I hate country music with a passion. I dont bitch about it every chance I get though, I just dont listen to it.

This is a forum... for discussion movies including remakes correct? It's a place for opinions to be posted and either read or ignored. You have every right to disagree with somebody but they're allowed to speak their piece. It's not like he's in the music forum complaining about the Oldboy remake. Anyway, I'll see this one, and the poster looked kind of cool at the theater...

AmericanManiac
04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Despare, if you checked any of the info out that I posted, what did you think?

Clockwork Black
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
This is a forum... for discussion movies including remakes correct? It's a place for opinions to be posted and either read or ignored. You have every right to disagree with somebody but they're allowed to speak their piece. It's not like he's in the music forum complaining about the Oldboy remake. Anyway, I'll see this one, and the poster looked kind of cool at the theater...

I realize this. And of course everybody is entitled to thier own opinions. The part Im having a problem with is this. Why would one click on a topic about a movie they've already decided to hate? Just to whine about how much its gonna suck?
The fact that they have a right to say how they feel about it isnt in question.

Despare
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
I realize this. And of course everybody is entitled to thier own opinions. The part Im having a problem with is this. Why would one click on a topic about a movie they've already decided to hate? Just to whine about how much its gonna suck?
The fact that they have a right to say how they feel about it isnt in question.

I love to bitch about how stupid things are. Like those damn fish that can walk across land for short periods of time...

Sick_As_Fuck
04-24-2009, 11:43 AM
In my opinion the trailer looks good.

I was one of few who actually liked the first one and I can't wait for this one as well. Still not sure why it's being released in August rather than October, though.

TheShapeReturns
04-28-2009, 10:34 PM
I liked his movie and i dont consider it a remake. I consider it a revisioning. It was through the eyes of myers himself. He didn't fuck anything up. It was great. People who watch a movie be remade or revision want to see a copy of the movie. If you want to watch the original Halloween then watch it. This is a new version of Halloween for a younger generation. And i like it, and i'm a huge Halloween fan. Ask my gf she hates when i get going about it. I think Rob Zombie has been doing good with the series. I'm excited for H2!

WeAreAtomik
04-29-2009, 08:01 AM
WeAreAtomik.com posted the first official picture of Michael Meyers from Halloween 2!

http://weareatomik.com/?p=1389

http://weareatomik.com/pictures/michaelmeyers.jpg

neverending
04-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Well, there's this one from Rob Zombie's Myspace page. Posted a few weeks ago.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/95/l_dde4bd0187cd400ba95c8eead4a41c8f.jpg

neverending
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
And there's this one, from CHUD.com

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/24/halloween2_myers.jpg

newb
04-29-2009, 12:13 PM
DAMN IT......So which one is the "first official" one?!?!?

FUCK

massacre man
04-29-2009, 12:28 PM
DAMN IT......So which one is the "first official" one?!?!?

FUCK

The one from CHUD I'm pretty sure. Haha.

neverending
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Well, you can't get more official than Rob Zombie.

Toxic22
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Its become annoying how horror fans can be so closed minded, why choose not to accept anything that wasnt created in bloody 80's. In my opinion Rob Zombie along with Eli Roth are the best thing about modern day horror. Also, you all seem to forget it wasnt a 'remake' Zombie took the storyline, the character of michael myers, and with those at basic, made it in to something brilliant of his own.

The_Return
04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Not overly excited for this one really, but damn - he's looking pretty badass. Way better than last time.

Kemal
05-01-2009, 10:25 AM
"The shape" is looking better than ever.

Bflickchick
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
I didn't care for the first so I will not be gong to see the second. I love Eli Roth Toxic22 and I really thought House of 1000 Corpses was great. I just was not feeling the Halloween remake. Perhaps because I love the original so much. I will not discredit those that love some of the "reimaginings" . I loved the Dawn remake perhaps abit more than the original. I give all movies (expect those made by Uwe Boll) a chance.

Elvis_Christ
05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Eli Roth sucks. Hopefully this rumoured slasher flick he's doing will change my opinion.

Bflickchick
05-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Eli Roth sucks. Hopefully this rumoured slasher flick he's doing will change my opinion.

I would have his babies ;)

Posher778
05-15-2009, 07:28 PM
I would have his babies ;)

His movies aren't great, but he sure is a looker :D

massacre man
05-15-2009, 07:47 PM
OK......So Laurie works somewhere named Uncle Meat's Jave Hole? That's enough for me...Rob Zombie IS by far one of the worst out there, and the worst choice that could have possibly been made to remake the Halloween series. What an asstoss. I think Zombie (nice, original name, by the way; I see where some of your dialogue comes from....) is the one who deserves to be working at the Meat Hole right now. Fucking dick.

Does somebody making a movie really make you that mad?

Doc Faustus
05-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't think it was so awful that he did the reimagining in the first place, but I wouldn't continue a writing exercise into a second entry. It'd be like seeing Werner Herzog's Nosferatu 2: the Nosferatening.

Legalize It
05-16-2009, 07:50 AM
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/9836/rzh2poster.jpg

Slasher777
07-04-2009, 11:39 AM
I can't wait to see Rob Zombie put his own spin on Halloween 2. It may not be as scary as the original was, but it's more interesting how you see it more from Michael's point of view.

ferretchucker
07-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Word has it that Michael will rarely wear his mask in this film. A strange move by Zombie.

massacre man
07-05-2009, 07:07 AM
Word has it that Michael will rarely wear his mask in this film. A strange move by Zombie.

Rob responded to that by saying he will be wearing his mask just as much as any other Halloween movie.

_____V_____
07-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Danielle Harris talks about Halloween 2 - BEWARE OF SPOILERS! (http://movies.ign.com/articles/100/1000998p1.html)

Zero
07-05-2009, 11:50 AM
this is going to give a new definition to 'suck' - mark my words - total suckitude

paul2012
07-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Zombie butchered a classic and now he's going to ruin Halloween 2. I never wanted to know why Michael Myers went insane or what childhood trama he experienced. Carpenter's orginal was perfect.

massacre man
07-15-2009, 08:15 AM
I never wanted to know why Michael Myers went insane

Luckily for you that was never revealed in the remake!

Doc Faustus
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd say it's pretty clear in the remake. It's cliche, but it's clear.

VampiricClown
07-15-2009, 12:26 PM

So do I. If you don't see it, you must not have watched it.

:rolleyes:

HostelSaw
07-22-2009, 05:29 AM

Totally agree, the concept was ok but the movie was really bad unfortunetly I bought it before I watched it. :mad:

MetalMageMagnolia
07-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Thought that Rob Zombie Halloween was done well versus Mustapha Akhad's original (love that one, too). The second one, well I can wait to check it out, but I am interested in the new rendition of A Nightmare On Elm Street and The Stepfather.

massacre man
07-23-2009, 05:32 AM

I don't think so. Since he's already killing animals as soon as the movie starts. There's no telling whether the fact his family are a bunch of assholes effected him at all. Those are the just the characters Zombie happens to like writing.

Msuser
08-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey Guys,

Check out this exclusive interview with Rob Zombie speaking on 'Halloween 2'!

How do you think it will turn out??

http://www.fearnet.com/videos/b16148_sdcc_2009_halloween_2.html

3dfan
08-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Well thanks for useful link - As for me this upcoming movie will be even worse than the first part and I thought that it can't be much worse, evidently I was wrong!:(

The Mothman
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
I think The Devils Rejects was Zombies only good film. House Of 1000 Corpses was nearly unwatchable and I gave the dvd away for free, and I wont even dignify the Halloween remake with a viewing, needless to say im avoiding this one as well.

Elvis_Christ
08-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeh? I fuckin' love House of a 1000 Corpses one of my all time favorites. The Halloween remake is pretty solid but I don't like it as much as his other flicks. People either love or hate the man's work no middle ground haha.

pinkfloyd45769
08-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I like his work:)I watched RZH and i loved it.The original Halloween is my favorite movie and no Halloween will ever,imo,live up to the first.I didn't compare RZH to the original,actually i tried not to even think about the original wile watching this one.RZH has a completely different feel to it,it really sets itself apart from the original.Iam excited to watch H2,the previews look great!

EliasVorhees
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
OK, I had no desire to see this movie whatsoever. I thought the first one had so many issues, mostly stemming from Zombie not making the marerial his own, and having the whole second half of the movie be the entire Carptenter flick in 30 minutes, which was silly.

BUT, after watching the leaked trailer, I'm now really interested in seeing this. It looks like we're moving in a totally new direction with this franchise. I think when someone new takes over, there should ALWAYS be a new take, and I'm curious to see what the outcome of this is.

Anyone else suddenly excited for this?

Posher778
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Spontaneous mind change.

zombie ash
09-01-2009, 12:23 AM

i believe you are not correct. haha. at all. rob zombie is a fucking amazing creative master at horror and the morbid. he is fucking perfect. i look up to him in his music and fucking movies. i cant wait for el superbeasto coming out SEPTEMBER 22nd. ALL WATCH IT. halloween II was fucking sweet as fuck. i loved it. he said himself its not just like the other ones. he made it different. and in a very good way i might add. he didnt make it suck like a lot of the other gay new remakes that come out every fucking day. BOO to them and a BIG FUCK YEAH! to Rob Zombie.
5 stars in my eyes.:D

hacelikewhoa
09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
not at allllllllllllll

crash
09-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Zombies Movies are really new school and abstract. I'm not sure what your personal preference in horror movies is, but I find that most of the time it's the people that are really into old school horror films that are discussed by Zombies movies. Personally, I've really enjoyed all of his films but I do see how one would be dis-interested.