PDA

View Full Version : you like Cabin Fever??

Deadbodyman
10-05-2003, 11:33 PM
Hey guys,

was wondering if anyone liked Cabin Fever?? I thought it was ok. But i had a lot higher hopes for it. The blood and gore was pretty good in it, and it had its comical moments but i thought it lacked a lot of story. Like where did this virus/disease whatever come from, etc.?? Plus I thought the ending was pretty weak!! I think if you have a devistating ending to a movie it will make up for little things along the way. Let me know what ya think!!

wyked
10-06-2003, 12:07 AM
I haven't seen this movie yet. Since it was just recently in the theatres I'm going to wait until it comes to DVD to watch it. Once I do however I will post my opinion. :)

avenger00soul
10-06-2003, 10:30 AM
I laughed my butt off. It was way overhyped and I saw a totally different movie than I expected. Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. There wasn't as much gore as advertised either. I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to Roth's next flick.

Sick_As_Fuck
10-06-2003, 07:34 PM
I must say I really liked it. The ending wasn't necessary though IMO.

The_Return
01-15-2005, 07:57 AM
http://fotofon.cathexes.net/archives/bump01.jpg

horror_spooky
01-15-2005, 08:00 AM
I hated Cabin fever! I thought it sucked royaly. I rented it when it came out on DVD, but I thought: WHAT THE HELL?! when I watched it. It was totally different then I expected. Pissed me off...

majorbludd
01-15-2005, 10:51 AM
cabin fever had its moments....i dig movies with plagues and infections somewhat....i liked when he was feelin the girl up under the sheets....it reminded me of the scene in creepshow 2 on the raft......also cabin fever was released the same time as this other piece of crap, wrong turn...which i looked at for about 15 minutes till i decided it was unwatchable....roth's good

Marroe
01-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Why would you want to bump this? That movie was terrible.

evil_blonde
01-26-2005, 10:34 PM
My hopes were alot higher than this, I saw it a few days ago and I just thought "Wtf?" I'd heard some good stuff about it but it was quite boring... the best bit was when she got eaten by a wolf thing....

@ majorbludd, I thought Wrong Turn looked okay from the preview, but have you actually seen it? Or any of it?

mothermold
01-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Deadbodyman
Hey guys,

was wondering if anyone liked Cabin Fever?? I thought it was ok. But i had a lot higher hopes for it. The blood and gore was pretty good in it, and it had its comical moments but i thought it lacked a lot of story. Like where did this virus/disease whatever come from, etc.?? Plus I thought the ending was pretty weak!! I think if you have a devistating ending to a movie it will make up for little things along the way. Let me know what ya think!!

it was fun in a gettin' drunk point and laugh sorta way.

BH14
01-27-2005, 11:41 AM
Psycho, TCM, Alien, Jaws, Cabin Fever.... Great movies!!

I saw sparks fly, from the corner of my eye And when I turned, it
was love at first sight I said please excuse me, I didn't catch
your name Oh it'd be a shame not to see you again And just when
I thought she was comin' to my door She whispered sweet and
brought me to the floor, she said I'm only seventeen,

feral cat
01-27-2005, 12:23 PM
It was a fun movie, couldn’t and didn’t live up to the hype, but at least the disease was a different plot from the standard teen slasher fare, not the greatest modern horror they claimed it would be, but more fool anyone who believed it would be after all movies are a business like any other and on this one the advertising people did their job well!

Fun modern gore movie, not a genre classic by any means, but some original touches and a sense of Humour …

The STE
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
sucked. The characters were all annoying and stupid, the sex scenes were just embarassing (the guy getting fingered in the ass? Shawn from Boy Meets World fingering some chick while she's passed out?) the dialogue was HORRIBLE, the gore was decent, and the ending was just dumb.

And it wasn't that big of a scene, but the deer caught in the windsheild was fucking hysterical. Though I don't think that was the intention.

meetthecreeper
01-27-2005, 12:58 PM
No, hated it. nuff said

Sedated_replica
01-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I loved it! So suck it!

Its a HORROR COMEDY! What the fuck do you guys think its gonna be a pure horror master piece?

I laughed my ass off at times.

Either you like it or you hate it.

Its like some people hate Evil Dead!? They have no fucking sense of humor. Makes me wonder who is really getting they're finger stuck up they're ass

LilMissScareAll
01-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I liked it. I guess I like alot of movies most people don't like. :p

urgeok
01-30-2005, 04:28 AM
i had no problem with it either .. kept me entertained ..funny ending ..

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 07:19 AM
Disease movies...

They do hold a certain appeal, with the horror coming from an unseen menace (manifesting intself through pus and personal yuk) rather than an obvious bogeyman.

For the ultimate, try Ebola Syndrome - as grimy and dirty a film I've ever seen.

urgeok
01-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
Disease movies...

They do hold a certain appeal, with the horror coming from an unseen menace (manifesting intself through pus and personal yuk) rather than an obvious bogeyman.

For the ultimate, try Ebola Syndrome - as grimy and dirty a film I've ever seen.

disease movies are akin to zombie movies ... which are really conspiracy movies ..holocaust movies ..
The 'everyone is out to get you' films .. last man on earth fighting for survival .. i like those films. The instict to survive at all costs - no matter how dire and hopeless it seems..

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 08:23 AM
Chuck "guns guns guns!" Heston in The Omega Man.

IDrinkYourBlood
01-30-2005, 08:26 AM
This movie was so lame, im never listening to peter jackson ever again.

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Come again?

IDrinkYourBlood
01-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Come again? Peter Jackson said it was one of the most scary movies out there and that its really good.

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 09:10 AM
I just wish he'd stop fiddling with kids, me.

IDrinkYourBlood
01-30-2005, 09:11 AM
I just wish he'd stop fiddling with kids, me. fair enough

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 09:16 AM
He could have been the first black President, you know.

IDrinkYourBlood
01-30-2005, 09:30 AM
He could have been the first black President, you know. I say the first blck president should be that malchick from sesame street.

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 09:34 AM
Big Bird?

IDrinkYourBlood
01-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Big Bird? DAMN STRAIGHT!

EXTR3MIST
01-30-2005, 10:00 AM
If Peter Jackson doesn't stop interfering with Big Bird I'm gonna move to Saskatchewan and learn to speak Jive.

Moosa.

The STE
01-30-2005, 02:09 PM
if they'd have replaced all the lame-ass sex scenes and unecessary characters with the 5 people in the cabin and have them deal with the virus, add a little paranoia and atmosphere, the movie might have been good.

And WHY THE FUCK did the guy from Boy Meets World have to die OFF SCREEN!? I watched that movie to see him die, not make a guy swallow a harmonica!