PDA

View Full Version : The Killer Inside Me

_____V_____
11-11-2008, 06:41 AM
November 10, 2008

Oscar nominee Casey Affleck and Jessica Alba have been set to star in the long-in-development screen adaptation of the Jim Thompson novel The Killer Inside Me.

Screen Daily reports that Michael Winterbottom (A Mighty Heart) will direct for producers Chris Hanley, Robert Weinbach, Bradford Schlei and Andrew Eaton.

The $13 million adaptation will begin shooting in January. Screen Daily says a third actor will be cast soon.

Set in 1952, The Killer Inside Me follows Lou Ford, a young sheriff's deputy in Texas. On the surface Lou seems harmless, easygoing, even boring. But his placid demeanor masks an inner beast, a bloodlust that he thought was locked away long ago.

The_Return
11-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Casey Affleck gave one of the best performances of last year in The Assassination of Jesse James...wasn't crazy about the movie as a whole, but he blew me away.

I'll be looking forward to this. He seems perfect for this kind of thing.

Papillon Noir
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
I am looking forward to this as well. Casey Affleck has really become an amazing actor.

SolarGirl
11-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeay! Looking ood!

ChainStalker
11-13-2008, 10:49 PM
I really dont get all the new found hype about Casey Affleck. I think he is an average, one-dimensional actor.

MisterSadistro
11-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Still my fav song from MC 900 Foot Jesus based on this :D

The_Return
11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
I really dont get all the new found hype about Casey Affleck. I think he is an average, one-dimensional actor.

Have you seen The Assassination of Jesse James?

I can understand that if you've only seen stuff like Gone Baby Gone (where I thought he was good, but nothing special), but he's incredible as Bob Ford. Such a multi-faceted character, and he pulls it off seamlessly.