PDA

View Full Version : Valentine

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 03:47 PM
After hearing countless people dissing this movie I decided to check it out. I thought it was really fucking good one of the better modern slashers I've seen in a long time. It reminded me of a few 70s slashers such as My Bloody Valentine, Happy Birthday To Me and in a way it was a slicker version of the Slaughter High premise.

PsychoticPanda
02-01-2004, 03:49 PM
I love Valentine. I thought I was the only one.

Yay.

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeh I was begining to think the same :p

PsychoticPanda
02-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Lol. Well my sister and my friend like it. Oooh yeah someone else I know too. I thought David Boreanaz was hot in that movie.

Plus the death scenes were pretty cool. Like when that guy got beaten in the face with the iron. :D

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Yeh the iron beating was pretty cool! That'll teach that dude for being a creepy pervert. And all those hot chicks in it made my day :)

PsychoticPanda
02-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Lol. "You could me my mate, Kate. This could be our fate, Kate!" That dude was hilarious. I thought Denise Richards death in it was pretty cool.

hellfire1
02-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by PsychoticPanda
Lol. "You could me my mate, Kate. This could be our fate, Kate!" That dude was hilarious. I thought Denise Richards death in it was pretty cool.

i've got to re-see the flick, but i think i hated it ! but i agree, the way denise richards died did quite make my day ! :D

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Heh.... yeh that wa pretty cool. Girls in Bikinis getting killed by drill weilding psycho is always a welcome additon to a movie

PsychoticPanda
02-01-2004, 05:31 PM
Hahahaha. Or someone getting axed in the back. I always laugh at that part. Like you wouldn't notice someone behind you.

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeh for sure! People in horror movies are just sometimes well....dumb. How do you reckon you'd survive if you were in a horror movie?

PsychoticPanda
02-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Not have sex. Mwhahaha.

Umm.. not being the opening kill would be a good start. Then just take it from there. Or leave the country. Whichever would work best.

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Not have sex. Mwhahaha. Heh I'd be dead pretty early on then I think :p

PsychoticPanda
02-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Lol. Try not to get killed during sex though. That would suck.

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Yeh that would suck alot :eek: but oh well may aswell go out in a blaze of glory with a hot horror movie bimbo.

hellfire1
02-01-2004, 05:57 PM
in which jason movie do we see 2 campers having sex, girl on top, and then all of a sudden, there's this metal bar coming out of her chest that splits her in half ??

Elvis_Christ
02-01-2004, 06:01 PM
in which jason movie do we see 2 campers having sex, girl on top, and then all of a sudden, there's this metal bar coming out of her chest that splits her in half ?? I'm not sure dude :confused: that pretty much happens in all of them. I haven't seen F13ths in years I'll have to check them out again.

hellfire1
02-01-2004, 06:16 PM
lol ! "dude" !

i just checked. it's jason goes to hell. anyways, that's how i like to see myself going in a horror flick... during intense pleasure ! :D
i know i wouldn't survive, might as well go with a smile !

Leslie Daher
02-02-2004, 03:47 AM
LOVED VALENTINE!!! "he's no angel"

the end was my favorite part *tear*
"i love you, adam"
"i love you.....i always have"
awesome IMO! the mask was great! it was scary. the only other mask that ever scared me was michael's. it was a good movie overall. some of the acting was a little weak but good. i really enjoyed this movie and am proud to own it.

Elvis_Christ
02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
I was a cool mask... the nose bleeds were a nice touch aswell.

Sam The Egg
02-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Jason Goes to Hell

hellfire1
02-02-2004, 07:19 PM
i have confirmation. thanx !

Sick_As_Fuck
02-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Not a bad movie at all. Denise Richards is fine as hell. It doesn't hold a candle to Scream though.

sleepaway
02-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Valentine was good, saw it at the cinema and I liked it. Wouldn't buy it though. The so called twist ending was obvious beyond belief. I think this was showing about the same time as Urban Legend: Final Cut which I loved, has one of the best endings ever.

Elvis_Christ
02-03-2004, 12:41 AM
I haven't seen any of the Urban Legend films I was always put of by what people said about them. But seeing as I like Valentine when most people I talked to hated it I might have to check it out.

sleepaway
02-03-2004, 01:21 AM
The first one is obviously better (Urban Legend) but teh second one has one hell of an ending and is worth watching just for that - but only after seeing part one. Can't believe you haven't seen them!

hellfire1
02-03-2004, 09:44 AM
the ending is the only thing i liked about that movie !
just love the theme song !

Macabre_Maiden
02-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by hellfire1
lol ! "dude" !

i just checked. it's jason goes to hell. anyways, that's how i like to see myself going in a horror flick... during intense pleasure ! :D
i know i wouldn't survive, might as well go with a smile !

I noticed that Jason tends to kill his victems during sex, while Micheal waits 'til after. Between the two, I'd pick after...

Elvis_Christ
02-03-2004, 05:13 PM
The first one is obviously better (Urban Legend) but teh second one has one hell of an ending and is worth watching just for that - but only after seeing part one. Can't believe you haven't seen them! All the dipshits off Dawson's Creek kinda put me off + all those post scream movies seemed to bubblegum and lame but as I said I was proved wrong with Valentine.

sleepaway
02-04-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
All the dipshits off Dawson's Creek kinda put me off + all those post scream movies seemed to bubblegum and lame but as I said I was proved wrong with Valentine.

I do know what you mean, the whole Scream types aren't real horror movies in my opinion but some have their moments.

Urban Legend contains one hilarious Dawson's Creek in joke.

The problem with the post Scream movies is that Hollwood was dumped on for making violence popular again so things like Urban Legend had to tone down on all the gore and scares loosing pretty much the whole point. I would love to see the uncut version of Scream before the MPAA got their hands on it.