PDA

View Full Version : Horror Comics Review fanzine

pre-codekeith
01-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Hello, all! This is my first post, I'm brand new here. Wanted to let you horror comic fans know that I publish a non-profit print fanzine called Horror Comics Review that some of you might like. It covers everything from pre-code horror to Bronze and Modern Age horror, has interviews with creators, back issue market reports, art, indexes to titles, informative articles, and of course reviews. Don't know if this is a ToS violation, but we have a website:
www.angelfire.com/comics/horrorcomicsreview

OfTheDead
02-23-2004, 03:51 PM
I would have read your website, but the backgrounds and midi music immediately sent me running. That stuff smacks of amatuerishness and is incredibly annoying to most people.

pre-codekeith
02-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your input. We'll see what we can do about the music. What do you mean by "backgrounds?" I'm pretty new to building websites... been doing print 'zines for years... so the computer stuff is all new to me. You're right about "amateurish," because we aren't "commercial" in any way. We're non-profit, not making a buck out of this. Just fans enjoying a hobby!

Killer Clown#1
02-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Thanks:) , I realy enjoyed your website keep up the excellent work. And welcome btw:)

pre-codekeith
03-24-2004, 10:16 AM
The website has been revamped. Check us out! www.angelfire.com/comics/horrorcomicsreview

pre-codekeith
04-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Bump for April. The website has been updated for this month. I want to thank the people who have checked us out & been kind enough to help support the fanzine. Fangs, you fiends!

feral cat
04-17-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by OfTheDead
I would have read your website, but the backgrounds and midi music immediately sent me running. That stuff smacks of amatuerishness and is incredibly annoying to most people.
I like amatuer websites they are fun and are usually made by people who put content above style! ... I there for was dissapointed to find no midi music on my trip to the site (some people have to spoil everything)! Has any one been to hollywoodteenmovies.com (http://www.hollyteenmovies.com) these guys treat you to a diffrent song played on a 1980's casio home keyboard on every page, now thats class!!!!

liked the site, will make sure i visit now and then to see how its going!

Feral Cat