PDA

View Full Version : The Real Ghostbusters

Vodstok
01-29-2004, 09:52 AM
I was inspired by a previous thread... Anyone remember this show, back in the day when it was good? Here are some episodes I recall fondly:

There was one where a cult Summoned Cthulu out of the sea.

Another where an old man opened a portal to hell because he knew he was dying soon, and was going to hell, and he wanted to take his money with him.

One where they followed a lead to an old town, where there turned out tobe a war going on between werewolves and vampires. At the end of the episode, all of the vampires became lycanthropic, and the werewolves vampiric. Also, the town was circled by a river, so no one could leave becasue vampire cant cross running water. Super clever show

bloodygurl02
01-29-2004, 05:55 PM
i remeber watching it as a kid. any one remeber the extreme ghostbusters or waht ever it was called tha had a new bunch of ghostbusters?? i didn't like that one. the old ghostbuster cartoons r the bomb i really miss them. i hope that cartoon network will show them sometime or get them on there station

Arioch
01-29-2004, 06:13 PM
i enjoyed it quite a bit when i was young. I wonder if they'll release it on DVD anytime soon.

bloodygurl02
01-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
i enjoyed it quite a bit when i was young. I wonder if they'll release it on DVD anytime soon.

it would b kool if they did. they r bringing alot of things like that back on dvd as box sets mayb that will b one they do in the future

Dark_Deacon
02-03-2004, 04:35 PM
I volunteer my services to be the ghostbusters info man.

I love the series and have since i was 2 and the movies are a way of life to me.
I will make a post soon about the gb series that may make some old fans of the series resurface.

kpropain
02-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Man I used to love this cartoon.

sleepaway
02-07-2004, 05:51 AM
The Real Ghostbusters was really popular for about a year, had the comic book too. It went really crap later, I think one of the voices was changed later, maybe that was season two. I much prefered Dungeons & Dragons!!! And The Drac Pac which most people don't recall.

99devlinm
02-20-2004, 01:01 AM
the Real Ghostbusters are on all the guys.

Vodstok
02-20-2004, 04:10 AM
:confused: heh?

Nefarious
05-29-2004, 01:11 PM
My favorite show as a kid. I liked the one with Sam Hain(had a pumpkin head), the Boogey man, and the one where they go to ghost world where they have the Human Busters. The show got bad when they added "AND SLIMER" to the title.

I remember one time watching TV on vacation in a motel and the Ghostbusters came on. I got excited and saw it was a cartoon with 3 ghost busters and one of the busters was a gorilla. Weird sh...

cheebacheeba
05-31-2004, 04:24 AM
Yep, weird, STUPID shit.
Nowhere near as good as TRGB...
I think it was like hannah-barbera type shit...

I thought the quality of the real GB was at least relatively consistent, but I agree, the first year-and-a-bit were better.

I also liked the newer one ...y'know the next generation kinda one? xtreme gb was it?
Not as good as the original, but pretty good all the same...

carnage
06-01-2004, 03:52 PM
I remember the one with the gorilla pissed me off cause when they were hyping it, I thought it would be a spin-off from the movie..then saw the gorilla...

the REAL Ghostbusters was a great saturday morning show...and agree that it went quickly downhill with the "and Slimer" season..

Vodstok
06-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Yep, weird, STUPID shit.
Nowhere near as good as TRGB...
I think it was like hannah-barbera type shit...

I thought the quality of the real GB was at least relatively consistent, but I agree, the first year-and-a-bit were better.

I also liked the newer one ...y'know the next generation kinda one? xtreme gb was it?
Not as good as the original, but pretty good all the same...

God, i fucking hate the word extreme...... Possibly the most annoying trend from the mid-90s. Make something electric blue or radioactive green, give a guy a mohawek and a skateboard, and now it is "x-treme!".......

The worst was commercials aimed at 13-17 year olds. Those are pandering, mindless bullshit to begin with, but then we got fucking chuck - e - cheese wearing a helmet and knee pads.....

That rat can put his knee pads to good use, he can kneel down a suck a cock.....

to the x-treme.

bloodrayne
06-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Who couldn't love Ghostbusters?

juda666
06-23-2004, 10:18 AM
i love ghostbusters:D

horror_master
11-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by bloodygurl02
i remeber watching it as a kid. any one remeber the extreme ghostbusters or waht ever it was called tha had a new bunch of ghostbusters?? i didn't like that one. the old ghostbuster cartoons r the bomb i really miss them. i hope that cartoon network will show them sometime or get them on there station

I know what you mean, I loved watching the oringal serise, then they came out out with the ghostbusters mystry one. That one was pretyy good. Then the exterme ghostbusters came out, like you said it wasn't that good, but I liked non-the less. One hoipe one day they at least briong back to orgianl serise to tv or DVD would be even better.:D

MichaelMyers
11-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Does anyone remember the old-school "Ghostbusters" cartoon (sans "The Real") with that gorilla?

urgeok
11-16-2004, 03:27 PM
yeah.. didnt someone wear a goofy hat .. or was that the gorilla ?

DraculaInDallas
11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
God, i fucking hate the word extreme...... Possibly the most annoying trend from the mid-90s. Make something electric blue or radioactive green, give a guy a mohawek and a skateboard, and now it is "x-treme!".......

The worst was commercials aimed at 13-17 year olds. Those are pandering, mindless bullshit to begin with, but then we got fucking chuck - e - cheese wearing a helmet and knee pads.....

That rat can put his knee pads to good use, he can kneel down a suck a cock.....

to the x-treme.

That is fucking halarious.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

urgeok
11-18-2004, 02:55 PM

to the x-treme.

man you sound like me .. but my rant was on the word decadent ..
Decadent cookies, decadent icecream ... it was the marketing buzzword for a while..
Whenever anyone would describe food (always a desert) as decadent to me i'd tell them to fuck off ... you want to see decadence ? go to a roman orgy .. eat till you puke, then eat some more .. screw every man woman and child you can get your pecker into ..then lie around watching other people do these things because you're to spent from excess to do it yourself.

THATS fucking decadence ... not a cookie with 2 extra chocolate fucking chips.

Vodstok
11-19-2004, 04:05 AM
"Extreme Decadance"

BANG! *thump*

Take that you marketing whore.....

Oh yeah, and the other ghostbusters show was terrible. They considered a gorilla with a hat original... i hope they were sued into oblivion over that.... That tv show was like making a show called "The Terminator" about a robot that kills people, but in no way affiliated with the original production compnay, they didnt get permission to use the name, and they introduced a loveable chimp sidekick ah-la BJ and the Bear, only it caries a gun and can change into a pepper mill at will.

phantomstranger
11-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers
Does anyone remember the old-school "Ghostbusters" cartoon (sans "The Real") with that gorilla?

If I remember right this Ghostbusters show starred Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch (both from F-Troop) and a guy named Bob Burns in a gorilla suit. It ran on CBS in the 70's. Long before the movie and cartoon series "Ghostbusters"

knife_fight
11-19-2004, 03:37 PM
The original Ghostbusters were the ones with the gorilla and they drove around in a jalopy and they caught ghosts in bubbles. I think after it started airing again in the 80s, after the big movie, that they redid the titles and called the gorilla one "the original Ghostbusters" and the newer one with Venkman and the gang changed their name to "the REAL Ghostbusters," so as to not incite a lawsuit.

Aside from all that, Ghostbusters was my favorite movie as a kid and I had seen it well over 100 times before the age of ten. I loved the cartoon and I think the best one was the pilot which was about a haunted house inhabited by a ghost woman on "1313 13th Street." I think the episode was something like "Mrs Robinson's Neighborhood." I had more Ghostbusters toys than any other line (the lines at the time being mainly GI Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, and He Man).

So yeah, I'm a fan. Bill Murray '08.

horror_master
11-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by knife_fight
The original Ghostbusters were the ones with the gorilla and they drove around in a jalopy and they caught ghosts in bubbles. I think after it started airing again in the 80s, after the big movie, that they redid the titles and called the gorilla one "the original Ghostbusters" and the newer one with Venkman and the gang changed their name to "the REAL Ghostbusters," so as to not incite a lawsuit.

Aside from all that, Ghostbusters was my favorite movie as a kid and I had seen it well over 100 times before the age of ten. I loved the cartoon and I think the best one was the pilot which was about a haunted house inhabited by a ghost woman on "1313 13th Street." I think the episode was something like "Mrs Robinson's Neighborhood." I had more Ghostbusters toys than any other line (the lines at the time being mainly GI Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, and He Man).

So yeah, I'm a fan. Bill Murray '08.

The toy line for the ghost busters was cool. I had everything form that line. Sadly I don't have any of the toy line left I forgot what happen to them.

hailtothechimp
12-01-2004, 05:48 AM
God, i fucking hate the word extreme...... Possibly the most annoying trend from the mid-90s. Make something electric blue or radioactive green, give a guy a mohawek and a skateboard, and now it is "x-treme!"

I couldn't agree more. The Simpson's episode where "Poochie the Dog" (complete with shades, reversed baseball cap, baggy jeans etc) joins the Itchy and Scratchy show is a classic bit of satire on just this theme.

Lisa sums the character up beautifully as "a soulless by-product of committee thinking."

Vodstok
12-01-2004, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by hailtothechimp
I couldn't agree more. The Simpson's episode where "Poochie the Dog" (complete with shades, reversed baseball cap, baggy jeans etc) joins the Itchy and Scratchy show is a classic bit of satire on just this theme.

Lisa sums the character up beautifully as "a soulless by-product of committee thinking."

I like you already :D

That is exactly what that episode was about. remember poochie saying "Recycle... TO THE EXTREME!"?

Definetly one of the major downpoints to a capitalist society.

rl777
03-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Let's call it Extreme Ignorance... forgiveable, but less so in the Internet Age, when you can look anything up.

In fact (check it), the live action GhostBusters was the original, and the Bill Murray version and spinoffs were the ripoff. Amazing that none of Columbia Pictures' high priced lawyers ever bothered to check whether they were infringing on the copyright of the earlier show, and more embarrassing that Ivan Reitman and company would just simply steal the name - with no respect for their fellow artists.

Those of us that enjoyed the original really appreciated its revival of old-time vaudeville humor. For a kids' show it was really great, featuring a lot of great old time comedians who deserved the paycheck and earned it.

Bob Burns as the gorilla Tracy was far more than an ape suit in a hat, the guy's a legend, watch how much he brings to the character without any dialog. Great stuff, give it a chance.