PDA

View Full Version : Man Blows Up Ex-Wife

bloodrayne
01-27-2004, 10:15 PM
NORWAY:
Man accused of planting bomb for ex-wife

The police claim that a 41-year-old man placed dynamite and a gas can in the driver’s seat of his ex-wife’s car and connected the devise to the car door. The woman survived the explosion, but she was badly injured.

The man is now facing the maximum sentence of 21 years.
According to the prosecuting authorities, the bomb was supposed to go off when the woman opened the car door.

The 41-year-old is now charged with attempted murder in the first degree, and he is facing preventive custody for 12 years. The sentencing framework is 21 years in jail.

In addition, the 41-year-old is charged with having “organized an explosion which could have taken the life of several people,” illegally obtaining and possession of dynamite, faking documents and breaching interim exclusion order.

The prosecuting authority claims that the man, after being released from the police’s custody in the car bomb case, followed the woman he tried to kill.

The bomb went off January 23 of this year at Åssiden in Drammen, and it is believed that several other people could have been injured in the explosion. The 41-year-old’s ex-wife was badly injured and was hospitalized for a long time.

“Due to the extensive charges, I have asked for a postponement of the trial,” said Frode Sulland, the 41-year-old’s lawyer, to TV 2 Nettavisen Monday night. “I claim that we have had too little time to prepare and regardless, too little time has been scheduled for the trial.”

The 41-year-old has always denied planting the bomb.

The case against the man is listed for hearing in Drammen county court December 3, but it was not until now that the man has been indicted.

moonsorrow
01-29-2004, 12:11 PM
haha! holy shit! when did you hear this? i havent red anything about it in the papers... shit...january this year? thats not to far from where my g\f lives... love leads to the darkside.