PDA

View Full Version : American Psycho - The Musical

_____V_____
09-24-2008, 09:04 AM
September 24, 2008

Brett Easton Ellis's American Psycho - which was turned into a hit film starring Christian Bale in 1999 - is set to become a Broadway musical, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Edward R Pressman, who also produced the movie, is developing this late-80s-set, sharply satirical tale of a Wall Street trader with a penchant for
murder.

Apparently the production - which is set to feature '80s inspired songs - will debut in 2010.

Other murderers to stalk both the big and Broadway stages include cockney barber Sweeney Todd and bullied teen Carrie.

The_Return
09-24-2008, 10:56 AM
September 24, 2008
....and bullied teen Carrie.

I love how the article fails to mention that it was one of the most horrendous flops in Broadway history.

La Chat Noire
09-24-2008, 12:54 PM
As interesting as the idea is, I'm having trouble picturing American Psycho work as a musical.

novakru
09-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I love how the article fails to mention that it was one of the most horrendous flops in Broadway history.

Did you notice the amount of nonsense musicals while visiting NYC?
I couldn't believe some of the movies they were turning into 1 week wonders:eek:
And you have to think, people are backing with massive money for all that, it boggles me, truly.

n3wt
10-16-2008, 05:58 AM
NO NO NO NO NO I cant stand fucking musicals!!!

Dahlia
10-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I can't stress enough how wrong it is to make a musical from a horror film (and/or book in this case). Besides, no one is ever going to capture Patrick Bateman the way Christian Bale did.

n3wt
10-16-2008, 09:10 AM
I can't stress enough how wrong it is to make a musical from a horror film (and/or book in this case). Besides, no one is ever going to capture Patrick Bateman the way Christian Bale did.

I couldnt of said it better myself!;)

Papillon Noir
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I actually think this would be kinda fun. :)

The Photographer
10-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Well i definetly disagree that this couldnt work. Music was a big part of the movie and the book. If they get a director that gets it and understands the point then I think the source material could pull it off. However no one can expecect it to beat the movie.