PDA

View Full Version : Riddick 3

_____V_____
08-27-2008, 10:42 AM
August 28, 2008

Suddenly Vin likes sequels. He's got "Fast and Furious" in the can, he's about to make a deal to star in "XXX 3" and now, he wants to dust off Riddick.

And on that topic is anyone else – besides Vin Diesel – interested in seeing another “Riddick” movie?

Whatever the case, there may be a second, maybe even third, sequel to “Pitch Black”, the brawny baldie tells MTV – which is surprising considering the last one didn’t even break even.

"David Twowy right now is writing the scripts. The only question is whether we take a page from the 'Lord of the Rings' guys and try to shoot the two chapters at the same time. There are two more in mind," he said of Riddick, the Furyan warrior first introduced in the 2000 film "Pitch Black." "'The Chronicles of Riddick' was presented as a three part trilogy that would answer 'Pitch Black' in the same way that 'Lord of the Rings' answered 'The Hobbit.'"

The over-confident comeback kid says he’s still crushing on the glasses-wearing underverser.

“Everyone knows I love the Riddick character and I’m always working on it,” Diesel asserted. “It just takes five years to make another one because David Twohy and I are so precious about it.”

momo
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
THIS IS GOOD NEWS I LOVE THE OTHER FILMS AND VIN SO SEXY ! lol . :o

The_Return
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
I'd watch it...loved Pitch Black, but HATED Chronicles of Riddick.

Despare
08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
I'd watch it...loved Pitch Black, but HATED Chronicles of Riddick.

I loved Pitch Black and thought Chronicles was alright. Escape From Butcher Bay however was a great videogame and a brilliant addition to the Riddick mythos while that Pitch Black anime was simply an ok toss in that added little to the story.

Freak
08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Pitch Black was awesome.Chronicles was alright,so I'd watch another Riddick film if it came out.

The Mothman
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
I actually liked chronicles for what it was. There was a lot of cool ass kicking.

Papillon Noir
08-28-2008, 05:57 AM
I really loved both Pitch Black and Chronicles and had heard that they were going to make two more, but that was years ago. I'm glad to hear that they are serious about it and that it will happen somewhat soon.

Abominus
08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
I thought his character died and was replaced for XXX 2? I'd watch another Riddick movie, it should back away from fantasy and closer to sci-fi/horror like Pitch Black.

GorePhobia
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I thought both flicks were pretty good so I'd be down for a third and fourth installment.

Vodstok
08-29-2008, 04:33 PM
I thought his character died and was replaced for XXX 2? I'd watch another Riddick movie, it should back away from fantasy and closer to sci-fi/horror like Pitch Black.
Amen to that, it lost a lot of what made pitch black work. Chronicles was interesting, but kinda crap compared to the first one.

However, I loved the blade in the forehead at the ending :)

urgeok2
08-29-2008, 06:38 PM
loved Pitch Black - but Chronicles was way over ambitious.

the filmmakers obviously thought they were making an epic.

i'd love to see another Riddick if they could get back to basics ... keep it small and gritty .... but i guess there's no going back.

Vodstok
08-31-2008, 03:29 PM
loved Pitch Black - but Chronicles was way over ambitious.

the filmmakers obviously thought they were making an epic.

i'd love to see another Riddick if they could get back to basics ... keep it small and gritty .... but i guess there's no going back.
You never know. I never would have thought the claustrophobic, personal approach to the alien series would ever work after Aliens, but I thought Alien 3 worked great.

Cheap_Remake
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
I wonder when vin will realize he can't act anymore, whatever he did in the past now is ruined by his series of pointless films.

*Buisness meeting*

Director: So vin you said you had another idea for a movie so shoot.

Vin: Ya, so i'm a robot from 2035 coming to the past to stop an early attack of killer lamps from destroying a child that could eventually save the world

Director: Ummm isn't that a modified plot from terminator?

Vin: Ya, so???

Director: *sigh* Lets write it up

Vin: *whispers* Yes.

_____V_____
08-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Good news for fans of the Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick - a third movie may be on the way.

Riddick helmer David Twohy told ShockTillYouDrop that he and franchise star Vin Diesel have been talking regularly about a sequel.

He said that they had sketched out two ideas for a sequel, and that a studio had expressed an interest in the project if it became a PG-13 film.

Twohy said however; "We don't want to do that anymore. That's one of the concessions we thought we made with The Chronicles of Riddick that we shouldn't have made."

Instead he said they wanted to make the third movie more similar in tone to the franchise opener. "If we do go back to a third one, it will be focused again, hopefully again the same way that Pitch Black was, and we'll spend less money doing it. We're just trying to figure out how much less we can do it for, because I don't think Vin is going to work for scale again."

Twohy said we should expect a Riddick-centred, scaled-back production that focuses on character dynamics again.
"Was [Pitch Black] a creature feature? It had the hallmarks of it, the trappings of a creature movie, but it also had pretty good characters."

i'd love to see another Riddick if they could get back to basics ... keep it small and gritty .....

Looks like you just might get your wish, Urge.

fuglystick
08-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Vin Diesel has the acting range of a tree stump.

_____V_____
02-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Vin Diesel is set to reprise the lead role in the third film in the Pitch Black series titled Riddick, which was recently greenlit by Universal.

David Twohy will be back as writer and director.

Recent reports had suggested the sequel would focus on Riddick himself rather than the universe he inhabits, although new information has come to light about the plot which suggests the movie won't be nearly as scaled back as initially indicated.

Here's what The Hollywood Reporter had to say about it today: "Though billed as a back-to-basics approach to the character popularized by Diesel, the script features the character -- the most wanted man in the galaxy -- left for dead on a barren alien planet, dealing with 'trisons' (three-legged bisons) and 'mud demons.' He must then contend with two squads of bounty hunters, one of which ride rockets called jetcycles."

Although Riddick is expected to go before cameras this year, schedules are reportedly still being worked out so that Diesel can also shoot the fifth Fast & Furious movie for Universal this year as well.

scouse mac
02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I enjoyed both Riddick flicks, he is the sort of character with a lot of room for further development (hopefully we shall see some).

A back to basics approach would be a good way to go, fingers crossed on this one.

novakru
02-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Have them all on DVD
Will watch this, love these movies -love Diesel in them, I cannot imagine anyone else could play Riddick better.

As for the rest of his movies? Pass forever

Straker
02-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Thought Pitch Black was good. Thought Chronicles was watchable but nothing special. Definatley would give another sequel a chance, especially if they go back to the tone set in Pitch Black.