PDA

View Full Version : Near Dark


meetthecreeper
01-24-2004, 07:02 PM
What did you all think of this film? I never rented it until recently because the box cover looked kind of cheesy. I never bothered to read it, then I find Paxton and Hendrikson in it. I thought it was a little less a vampyre film than a psycho family type film like TCM or 1000 corpses, but overall I enjoyed it. Lance plays an excellent bad guy, this movie reminded me of another film with him playing a bad guy "Johnny Handsome" I just think his expressions and gestures are funny.

allmykids
01-24-2004, 07:04 PM
I think i have seen that. What is it about?

Sam The Egg
01-24-2004, 07:08 PM
Vampire Rapists

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 07:38 PM
I love this movie. The cast couldn't have better. This is perhaps Lance's best role (you're right about the Johnny Handsome comparisons). The bar scene is a particular favorite.

"I hate it when they ain't been shaved."

Notice that the word the "vampire" is never used.

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by allmykids
I think i have seen that. What is it about?

It's about a cowboy that gets mixed up with a clan of vampires when meets a girl who happens to be undead. She bites him and the clan is forced to take him in. So the guy has to either prove himself to the clan or escape. It's got Bill Paxton, Lance Henrikson, Adrian Pasdar, and Tim Thomerson. It's a must-see vampire film.

Elvis_Christ
01-24-2004, 10:39 PM
I love this movie. It is the best Vampire movie in my opinion.

Sam The Egg
01-24-2004, 11:01 PM
from the preview that movie Forsaken reminded me of Near Dark

avenger00soul
01-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
from the preview that movie Forsaken reminded me of Near Dark

They totally "borrowed" their style from Near Dark. That movie was Near Dark meets John Carpenter's Vampires.

Sam The Egg
01-24-2004, 11:28 PM
so...the movie was half shit?

StepfatherFan
01-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Oh, I loved Near Dark. I first watched it when I was 12 or 13, I think. I liked it the first time I saw it. Very cool.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Near Dark is mucho cool. I like everything Eric Red worked on. Almost all of his movies are Westerns at heart. I think this, The Hitcher, and Last Outlaw are his best stuff. A movie he directed called Cohen and Tate is also pretty good, as is Undertow, a thing he did for cable. He also did the goofy movie Bad Moon, but its style and writing was pretty much dictated by the studio.

Ever notice how they never use the V-word in Near Dark?

meetthecreeper
01-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Near Dark is mucho cool. I like everything Eric Red worked on. Almost all of his movies are Westerns at heart. I think this, The Hitcher, and Last Outlaw are his best stuff. A movie he directed called Cohen and Tate is also pretty good, as is Undertow, a thing he did for cable. He also did the goofy movie Bad Moon, but its style and writing was pretty much dictated by the studio.

Ever notice how they never use the V-word in Near Dark?

Good Dr. you say the Last Outlaw is good, I have seen it at the vid store but have yet to rent it, I thought it to be a something that I would not like, but maybe I should check it out.

avenger00soul
01-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by meetthecreeper
Good Dr. you say the Last Outlaw is good, I have seen it at the vid store but have yet to rent it, I thought it to be a something that I would not like, but maybe I should check it out.

I'll second the recommendation Creeper.