PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Creek 2

_____V_____
08-11-2008, 09:23 PM
August 11, 2008

There's nothing more frustrating than loving a filmmaker, loving his films and yet having to wait forever for them to get released.

This morning, Moviehole.net posted some news that Aussie writer-director Gregg McLean might be returning to the outback for long long gestured sequel to WOLF CREEK, a film that we hope won't be set up at Dimension Films.

Greg McLean speaks:

"I am working on a few screenplays right now, as I am keen as hell to make another movie as soon as possible, because the ROGUE release has been such a long process. I'm ready to rock again - but want to make sure I'm going out there with a screenplay that's as great as it can be."

" I don't know. I'd like to see what else Mick (the killer from WOLF CREEK) is up to in the outback for sure - just not sure anyone else in the world does. Plus you've got to top the first one - and seriously, how much horror can you handle? If I did make WOLF CREEK 2 it would almost have to be unreleasable. Rated XXX. Banned all over the world. Never to be screened in public. That's kind of intriguing."

Maybe McLean should try and cook up a sequel independently and give us that brutality he wishes to deliver? You can count us in...

CREEK, which was made for less than $2 million, centers on a group of backpackers who have a run in with a loopy stranger, played by John Jarratt. It was supposed to be the vacation of a lifetime in the Australian Outback - full of fun, sun and adventure. But what happened to a trio of twenty-something backpackers took a wrenching detour into the depths of unrelenting terror.

neverending
08-11-2008, 09:50 PM
The first was supposedly a true story, right? I guess we are leaving that pretense behind then...

I really liked Wolf Creek- if he can make it as frightening and brutal as the first I'm all for it.

Vodstok
08-12-2008, 06:12 AM
i thought wolf creek was okay, the closing lines left me with the impression that it was based on an incident where a guy killed two of his friends and made up some psycho in the outback.

However, seeing hostel made me appreciate Wolf Creek.

The_Return
08-12-2008, 07:20 AM
I enjoyed the first one quite a bit...one of the better modern-day slasher flicks, IMO. Actually had a few surprises up it's sleeve, which is more than can be said for most newer slasher movies.

I won't be chomping at the bit for the sequel - don't think it really needs one - but I'll certainly give it a look once its released.

neverending
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM
i thought wolf creek was okay, the closing lines left me with the impression that it was based on an incident where a guy killed two of his friends and made up some psycho in the outback.

However, seeing hostel made me appreciate Wolf Creek.

There actually was a case like this- people who traveled this one road disappeared or years, but nobody thought to connect anything until one guy who hitched a ride with the killer managed to get away. He kept making noise to the police till they looked into it and for a while they had him as a suspect.

I saw a true crime show about it.

illdojo
08-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I enjoyed the first one quite a bit...one of the better modern-day slasher flicks, IMO. Actually had a few surprises up it's sleeve, which is more than can be said for most newer slasher movies.

I won't be chomping at the bit for the sequel - don't think it really needs one - but I'll certainly give it a look once its released.

Ditto
and
Ditto.

VampiricClown
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I didn't really care for the first one. The second isn't something I'm going to throw down cash for.

leezuki
08-22-2011, 02:10 PM
i am so looking forward to this, i loved the first wolf creek and i think this one could be just as good as the first, whats your thoughts on this ?

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=31587

The Villain
08-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Didnt like the first one but i was kinda distracted so im gonna give it another look.

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Wolf Creek sucked just another in the long line of modern Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip offs. It was about as lame as it's shitty unlikeable characters.

Will no doubt DL this one and check it out regardless it might be an improvement over the original like Hatchet II. Sure as fuck ain't paying to see it.

The Villain
08-23-2011, 03:05 AM
Wolf Creek sucked just another in the long line of modern Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip offs. It was about as lame as it's shitty unlikeable characters.

Will no doubt DL this one and check it out regardless it might be an improvement over the original like Hatchet II. Sure as fuck ain't paying to see it.

I thought Hatchet was better then the sequel but i guess it depends on what you're looking for since Hatchet 2 was so much darker and the story was more developed. I think i was more excited for the first one and that probably helped my decision.

Anyway not to deter this from it's original point, now i'm conflicted on re-watching Wolf Creek. I thought it was really boring the first time i saw it but i like to give movie's second chances sometimes because sometimes i do end up liking them again. Eh, i guess i'll watch it again but i'll push it further back in the line of the movies i have to watch.

leezuki
08-23-2011, 03:57 AM
i very much liked it, but i guess not all movies are in everyone's taste, depends on what u are looking for in a movie, but villain give it another go and tell me what u think.i will say it is a very slow burner but give it chance.

The Villain
08-23-2011, 12:57 PM
i very much liked it, but i guess not all movies are in everyone's taste, depends on what u are looking for in a movie, but villain give it another go and tell me what u think.i will say it is a very slow burner but give it chance.

I'll probably end up watching it again. I'll let you know what i think when i do

neverending
08-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I thought Wolf Creek was excellent, and it was based on a well publicised case as well.

Elvis_Christ
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
I thought Wolf Creek was excellent, and it was based on a well publicised case as well.

Yeah there was a delay in it's release due to the fact it might influence the outcome of the court case.

I wanted to like the film but it just fell short for me. There's just so many films in this style in recent years that it's just grown tiresome for me.

Fearonsarms
08-25-2011, 11:27 AM
I completely agree with Elvis the characters in it were revolting and I gave a round of applause when they were getting killed. I will doubtless watch a sequel and hope for more realistic characters.

_____V_____
11-30-2011, 09:43 AM
During promotion of his latest horror flick Needle at the Gold Coast Film Festival, Wolf Creek star John Jarratt spoke about plans for Wolf Creek 2, boasting that fans can anticipate “a lot more action” out of the sequel.

"It's more of a road film this time with a lot of chasing going on everything from cars to horses," the man behind the terrifying Mick Taylor said.

"There's also a chase that ends up back in a cave, his lair. And of course, there's plenty of blood and guts."

Director Greg McLean is returning to the project and seems optimistic about the direction of the film, as the sequel has a budget ten times larger than the original to play with.

"We're getting to throw trucks off cliffs and a bunch of other stuff I can't talk about," McLean revealed.

So, for those of you who had the phrase “head on a stick” tattooed on their psyche, be very very excited for Wolf Creek 2’s 2013 theatrical release.

Sicknero
09-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Wolf Creek 2 premiered at the Venice Film Festival this weekend. I wish I'd known, it's not too far from here.

I enjoyed Wolf Creek, no surprises in it but a pretty good psycho-romp I thought.

John Jarrat returns in 2 as the ex-forces Aussie psychopath and I daresay it will be a similar tale of misogyny and torture and much offing in the outback.

Predictably most of the media discussion so far though, has been focussed on director Greg McClean's decision to keep the Rolf Harris song Tie Me Kangaroo Down in the film.

_____V_____
09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Thread merged with existing one on same topic. Please do a search before posting a new thread.

Sicknero
09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Thread merged with existing one on same topic. Please do a search before posting a new thread.

Thanks, and sorry. Still finding my way around.

bloodsuckinmofo
09-22-2013, 04:01 AM

Granted the characters were not particularly likeable, fairly common trait in modern slasher films though, but TCM rip off? Bein' a bit 'arsh there mate :P I think part of the problem was that Mick was just too funny to be really... scary.
Here's hoping the sequel is as gory with as many great one-liners as the original, minus the tourists-being-jerky-so-crazy-guy-exacts-revenge aspect that most Aussie horror films seem to encompass.

Sicknero
09-22-2013, 06:01 AM
I agree, John Jarrat as Mick isn't a particularly scary character at all but in an odd way this works, in the sense that he really could be some guy that you bump into on a back-packing trip.

Characters... what is this insistance that people have, that characters in a film have to be "likeable"?
I don't get it. Is it more satisfying to see a string of people sliced and diced if you actually like them? Conversely are you happier to see people die if you don't like them?

I quite enjoyed the film myself, I enjoyed its refreshing lack of American polish.

bloodsuckinmofo
09-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Likeability makes it easier to commiserate with the characters IN THEORY- Personally I love to hate them, makes it more satisfying when they get snuffed. :D

Sicknero
09-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah, they were rhetorical questions really.

Puts me in mind of the Stephen King (I think?) comment that most horrors have a morality that would make even a puritan smile.

_____V_____
10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
s4bqeT5edbs

Wolf Creek 2 will see another group of backpackers visiting the notorious Wolf Creek Crater, wherein they run head on into ole Mick. Once again directed by Greg McLean, with John Jarratt reprising the role of the wisecracking outback slasher, the sequel is set for release on February 20th of next year.

http://cdn.fearnet.com/sites/default/files/contributor_uploads/user_353295/wc3.jpg

PassiveCannibal
10-24-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm all over this like a hobo on a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20

GNBraun
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Me too... I loved the first and loved McLean's other film (Rogue).

_____V_____
01-10-2014, 08:35 PM