PDA

View Full Version : Suspiria being remade!

_____V_____
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
August 7, 2008

Natalie Portman is reportedly poised to star in a remake of the Dario Argento supernatural classic Suspiria with Pineapple Express and Undertow director David Gordon Green attached to direct.

Portman would also reportedly produce the film via her Handsome Charlie Films banner.

Bloody Disgusting claims to have verified their scoop with multiple sources, but adds that Portman's camp have coyly declined to confirm or deny.

The 1977 original revolves around an American ballet dancer attending a prestigious old German academy who discovers the school's deadly occult past.

Confirmed news on this as it comes in.

The_Return
08-08-2008, 11:00 AM
There was a remake in the works a few years back...Argento shut it down. Here's hoping he steps in again :)

_____V_____
08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
And asap. ;)

Vodstok
08-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Good lord, I am not a fan of suspiria, but I highly doubt natalie portman or anyone involved with her and her production company (WHAT!?) would do it justice.

I didnt care for it in the slightest, but the razorwire scene is definitely in the top 10 of my "Holy fuck, i hope that never happens to me" list.

Despare
08-08-2008, 11:55 AM
There was a remake in the works a few years back...Argento shut it down. Here's hoping he steps in again :)

Wasn't that one supposed to be animated?

The_Return
08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Wasn't that one supposed to be animated?

Hmm....didn't hear that. If so, shame he put a stop to it.

I'd far prefer an animated remake to a live action one, if there really NEEDS to be one.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
natalie portman is a horrible actor

illdojo
08-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Remake? ...Why?

Umm....No thanks, seriously........... NO THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChronoGrl
08-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Good lord, I am not a fan of suspiria, but I highly doubt natalie portman or anyone involved with her and her production company (WHAT!?) would do it justice.

I didnt care for it in the slightest, but the razorwire scene is definitely in the top 10 of my "Holy fuck, i hope that never happens to me" list.

Yep. Absolutely there with you on that one... especially the razorwire part.

Despare
08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Hmm....didn't hear that. If so, shame he put a stop to it.

I'd far prefer an animated remake to a live action one, if there really NEEDS to be one.

Old news about it...

http://twitchfilm.net/archives/006532.html

vampira
08-11-2008, 09:20 AM
No one can do suspiria the correct way

Hopefully Dario will come back and fight to shut it down!

_____V_____
09-08-2009, 07:50 AM
Italian director Luca Guadagnino let slip some hot info about a remake that he’s producing: David Gordon Green’s remake of Suspiria, which will start shooting, apparently, in 2010.

Yes, Dario Argento’s Suspiria.

The nutso, bizarro, absolutely cream crackers horror classic, about a coven of witches terrorising a dance academy, will be remade by David Gordon Green, the indie king renowned for his carefully calibrated, emotionally layered and visually beautiful dramas, like George Washington, Snow Angels and Undertow.

We’ve known that for a while, of course. The news was first announced in 2008, when it made about the same amount of sense as it does now.

But not making any sense is an Argento trademark, so in a way Green – who, with Pineapple Express and the currently-shooting period comedy, Your Highness, is dabbling more and more in the mainstream – makes perfect sense as a director.

If that makes any sense.

Still, after the news was announced, it all went a little quiet while Green immersed himself in comedy. But now, with Guadagnino’s disclosure it seems that the film, which he’ll produce through his company, First Sun, is still very much alive.

Prepare to have your brain turned inside out.

fuglystick
09-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Suspiria was far from a perfect film. Visually, it's a landmark in the horror genre, and Argento's direction was truly inspired. The story itself was rather pedestrian (although it's better in the context of the Three Mothers trilogy). So I think there are some improvements that could be made, although a remake will never approach the original when it comes to its place in the horror film cannon.

fortunato
09-08-2009, 09:51 AM
I have to admit, while a remake certainly seems pointless, I'm interested to see David Gordon Green's take on it, of all people.

neverending
09-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Hahaha... insanity reigns.

fuglystick
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Hahaha... insanity reigns.

:confused:

The_Return
09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
This has been rumored forever - can't imagine it'll ever happen.

zombie ash
09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
i wonder if its gonna get shitty and all americanized and all the bullshit. like they do with all films nowadays pretty much.

Doc Faustus
09-08-2009, 09:51 PM
I think they´re remaking the wrong Argento movie. Deep Red has some great moments, but in the hands of somebody more story conscious it could have been pretty interesting. But then again, the thing about remaking Argento, no matter which movie and who does it is that a beautiful mess is being cleaned up.

The Mothman
09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
wasnt a fan of the original so im not so upset about this one, even so its a stupid idea.

hacelikewhoa
09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
mmm no thx.