PDA

View Full Version : Island Of Lost Souls remake!!

_____V_____
08-04-2008, 04:41 AM
Aug 3, 2008

Nikolaj Arcel has signed on to direct Universal Pictures’ action adventure “Island of Lost Souls,” a remake of the 2007 Danish film “De fortabte sjaeles o,” co-written and directed by Arcel.

(Haha...gotcha! ;) )

Jennifer O’Kieffe has been tapped to pen the screenplay for the remake.

Story centers on a suburban teen who finds herself a central player in a centuries-old battle between good and evil when her younger brother is possessed by the benevolent spirit of an 18th century magician.

Marc Abraham and Eric Newman will produce via their U-based Strike Entertainment banner. Zentropa Entertainment, from which Strike acquired the rights, will exec produce.

The effects-laden film was one of the highest-grossing pics in Denmark last year.

Strike’s credits include “Children of Men” and “Dawn of the Dead.” The company is producing a number of projects at U including Ryan Gosling starrer “The Dallas Buyers Club” and “The Sigma Protocol,” based on the Robert Ludlum book.

Arcel previously directed the Danish-language political thriller “King’s Game.”

O’Kieffe wrote the screenplay “Sex and Sylvia Plath” while at the UCLA MFA screenwriting program. The script won the 52nd annual Samuel Goldwyn Award.

ferretchucker
08-04-2008, 04:57 AM
If I ever meet someone who has made a remake in the ladt 20 years, I will personally spit in their mouths.

neverending
08-04-2008, 05:36 AM
This story confuses me. Is this a remake of the classic horror story or something about a magician?

Ferox13
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
He who breaks the law goes to the house of.....

Oppps Wrong Island...Wrong Lost souls.

The_Return
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
This story confuses me. Is this a remake of the classic horror story or something about a magician?

Its a remake of a Danish film that happens to share a title with a classic horror story/movie, but otherwise is completely unrelated.

Plus...it sounds super lame.