PDA

View Full Version : Get investors and/or distribution

MisterSadistro
07-28-2008, 09:58 PM
A friend of mine has been kicking around the idea of a site helping indie filmmakers get distribution for a few years now. There's a lot of leg work and "who knows who" nonsense that most of us here are fully aware of at some point that is frustrating as hell when you're not doing a studio remake or such. After hearing me rant about investors, local actors, and equipment rentals lately, I've convinced her to incorporate those problems being addressed into the site as well. She is now in the process of launching the site that would help every indie filmmaker from pre-production down to selling their finished movie to a worldwide market (and presumably keep me from ranting to her LOL).
It only takes about 2 minutes of your time to answer a quick survey to cover issues I might not have brought up to her. Do her, me, and yourself a favor and fill it out. As an indie filmmaker, it could make a huge difference.
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.aspx?id=039d96ce-52d0-4974-a49b-d381324e4085
Thanks.
CK

Leland_malinski
08-08-2008, 10:55 AM
hmmm..... sounds strikingly familiar...

why didn't you just call one of your many investors..???

MisterSadistro
08-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Strikingly familiar to what ? Begging a community of strangers for money and then having a bad attitude when they won't give it ? Not even close. The site is being built to help filmmakers find distribution for their finished movies and possibly assist overcoming many of the hurdles while getting their movies made (ie permits, locations, equipment rentals, etc), not giving slush funds to non-filmmakers.
CK

Angra
08-19-2008, 09:16 PM
What happened to Leland??

What did i miss last night?!!! :(

MisterSadistro
08-21-2008, 08:19 AM
No idea. I wasn't on last night. Perhaps the mods got sick of him spamming, begging for money and bad attitude towards actual board members. I'm surprised it was tolerated as long as it was.
CK