PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 2

_____V_____
07-16-2008, 07:43 AM
July 15, 2008

Universal Wanted a sequel so they're getting one.

Director Timur Bekmambetov, scribes Michael Brandt and Derek Haas, and producer Marc Platt are all reprising their respective duties for the now in-development Wanted 2.

According to Variety, "The creative team is still working on the challenge of continuing the story after most of the principal characters -- including Angelina Jolie -- ended the original in no position for an encore."

Platt informed the trade, "The writers are at work already, and those creative discussions are taking place."

The filmmakers also reportedly want to bring back James McAvoy as office drone-turned-superassassin Wesley Gibson.

Wanted has so far grossed $192.6 million worldwide.

_____V_____
06-15-2009, 06:51 AM
A report on a Russian website is suggesting that director Timur Bekmambetov will bring Angelina Jolie back for Wanted 2, despite the events at the end of the last movie.

Russia-IC also suggests that Konstantin Khabenskiy - who played the Exterminator in the first installment - may be back as well.

Apparently shooting is set to take place in the US, India and Russia, with pre-production getting under way next month.

Mark Millar - who wrote the indie comic which Wanted was loosely based on - has conceived of a new story for the film, with Evan Spiliotopoulos writing the script.

hacelikewhoa
06-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I only saw wanted because Angelina was in it. Turned out pretty decent I thought, BUT, to make a sequel after the main characters have died is just stupid. However, I'm sure I'll dl'd it anyways.

novakru
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
She fell to her death right?
Did we see her smashed DEAD body?
I can't remember, except she looked beyond her age in this movie- but still fabulous.

Doc Faustus
06-17-2009, 04:25 PM
That movie pissed me off. They mangled a graphic novel with an amazing premise and some really cool characters.

novakru
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
That movie pissed me off. They mangled a graphic novel with an amazing premise and some really cool characters.

oh come on, you creamed your pants when you watched the car scene just like the rest of us:D
And how come you ignore my emails??

_____V_____
10-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Wanted 2 Script Leaves Out Angelina Jolie, Adds New Female Lead

Those who've been hoping for a follow-up to the 2008 action film Wanted to be pleased to know that a script is in the works. In fact, Wanted screenwriter Derek Haas and his writing partner Michael Brandt are preparing to submit the second draft for the sequel's script. But, if you were hoping the sequel would bring back Angelina Jolie's character Fox, you may be in for a disappointment.

"The only thing I can tell you is that Wesley [James McAvoy] is now, four years later, recruiting a young woman who is in his situation in the first movie. She's got a sh**ty life. He's sort of in the Fox role. This new girl is brought into the world."

More info (WARNING! CONTAINS SPOILERS) - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Wanted-2-Script-Leaves-Out-Angelina-Jolie-Adds-Female-Lead-33750.html