PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers EDIT:- First Movie in history to make $200 Million in opening weekend

_____V_____
05-13-2008, 04:29 AM
May 13 2008

Are Marvel trying to one up themselves by casting an even bigger name than Robert Downey Jr ("Iron Man") for their next super-jaunt?

Sounds like it.

According to Latino Review, Brad Pitt is the favourite to play the Thunder God "Thor" in the upcoming superhero flick of the same name.

No doubt Pitt could do it (he's a damn good actor), but they might just want to go a tad bit younger for this one. Pitt circa 1990, with that clean skin and long mane of hair, could've done it - but the Pitt of 2008? Slightly doubtful.

After all, Downey Jr played Iron Man, and Edward Norton's playing the Hulk; they're obviously going for big guns.

Roderick Usher
05-13-2008, 06:58 AM
I love Pitt, but he's too tiny to be the Norse God of Thunder

Sure he's ripped, but he doen't quite have a Viking's physique

Vodstok
05-13-2008, 08:07 AM
I love Pitt, but he's too tiny to be the Norse God of Thunder

Sure he's ripped, but he doen't quite have a Viking's physique
Agreed. However, he could surprise you; edward norton is skinny, but Derek Vineyard from American History X was a fucking monster. 30 lbs of muscle for that role...

i alos never would have imagined robert downey Jr playing tony stark, but here we are, and by all accounts he did an excellent job (i will have first hand details next monday :))

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 08:07 AM
get Dolph ! he was born to play Thor

Vodstok
05-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Why not, he was He-Man. And the punisher.

PLus, he has amazing range as an actor, he has played everything from a rough and tumble cop to a rough and tumble special forces guy.

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 08:25 AM
well, it's not like Thor has a lot of depth :)

"Loki ! thou sonne of a bytch - getteth back here anon !"

_____V_____
05-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Dont forget...the hammer. ;)

neverending
05-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I agree Brad Pitt is too small.... Maybe they'll have him stand on a box or something.

Despare
05-13-2008, 10:07 AM
I've heard rumors of Triple H being up for the part and although his acting is a giant question mark he does have the look...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o16/scscanlan/thorhhh.jpg

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I've heard rumors of Triple H being up for the part and although his acting is a giant question mark he does have the look...

ha ! the Thor i grew up with didnt look like that ...

he looked like Flash Gordon :)

Despare
05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
ha ! the Thor i grew up with didnt look like that ...

he looked like Flash Gordon :)

Seems like the movies are more going off the Ultimate Avengers though, especially with S.L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
then they should cast the guy who played the viking chief in the 13th warrior ..

Vodstok
05-13-2008, 11:26 AM

i found out at a christmas party last year that he grew up a few houses down from where i live.

Ferox13
05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Is this part of the Ultimates version of the Avengers?

Then I can definally see Pitt doing it well - a kinda more hippy version of the fight club character..And they can definally make him look a lot bigger too.

Despare
05-13-2008, 11:45 AM
Is this part of the Ultimates version of the Avengers?

Seems like the Ultimate Avengers to me, Nick Fury did and so did Iron Man (and so does Hulk so far) but I don't know. Haven't read a lot of the comics so I could be wrong.

Papillon Noir
05-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Brad Pitt is definitely too old to be Thor. The 90's Brad could maybe do it. They need a younger Dolph Lungren.

newb
05-13-2008, 12:20 PM
from the Marvel directory

Identity: Secret
Legal Status: None
Place of Birth: Asgard
Group Affiliation: Active member of Avengers
Base of Operations: New York City, New York
First Appearance: JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #83

History: Descended from Norse gods, Thor nearly started a war by violating a truce with his family's ancient enemy --the Frost Giants. Odin, his father, banished the young god of thunder to Earth without his memory, to teach Thor how to behave as a mere mortal. After a decade as an earthly doctor, Donald Blake was drawn to Norway, and a subsequent encounter with a race of warmongering aliens. While hiding out in a cave, Blake found a mysterious wooden cane that turned out to be the enchanted hammer Mjolnir -- which transformed him back into the mighty Thor. He drove off the alien invaders and took his place with the Avengers. Shaking off the Blake persona, Thor was soon forced to assume the human identity of EMS technician Jake Olsen. Thor is forever torn between his divine home -- the hallowed halls of Asgard -- and the troubled lands of his adopted home, Earth.

Height: 6 ft. 6 in.
Weight: 640 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde

doesn't sound like Brad.

6 ft 6 in and 640 lbs.....WTF....sounds more like ........

http://www.mtv.com/shared/media/news/images/p/Powers_Austin/sq-fat-bastard-goldmember-newl.jpg

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 12:29 PM
6 ft 6 in and 640 lbs.....WTF

a lot of blonde guys are pretty dense :D

neverending
05-13-2008, 04:08 PM
I have no idea about how Thor is portrayed these days, but back when he was Don Blake whenever he would smack that hammer down he would grow bigger- kind of like a Hulk transformation. Perhaps they're planning something like that.

Doc Faustus
05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Jason Mewes should bulk up.

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Jason Mewes should bulk up.

heh ..

yo, lunchbox, grab that motherfucking mallet and lets go fuck some bitches UP, Snootch !

colubrid660
05-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Really don't think they should make a Thor movie.

Just like I didn't think they should make a Fantastic 4 movie.

Despare
05-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Really don't think they should make a Thor movie.

Just like I didn't think they should make a Fantastic 4 movie.

They're making an Avengers movie so they're doing Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Ant-Man, and Thor. I also saw on IMDB that Del Toro is directing a Dr. Strange movie. I wonder if that will tie in to the Avengers flick.

Supposedly they are considering this guy too... why I don't know.

http://www.hbo.com/rome/img/cast/actor/actor_kevinmckidd.jpg

GorePhobia
05-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Yeah I heard it was the dude from Rome and Triple H in the running for this.

I think Pitt could pull it off.

He looked pretty fucking ripped to me as Achilles in Troy.

Doc Faustus
05-14-2008, 07:01 AM
They should really just go the old school hulk route and have different people playing Thor and his mortal form. Thor is a god, but his other form is usually just a twerpy blonde guy. Triple H as a twerpy doctor might not work. Brad Pitt as a twerpy doctor who turns into a CGI Viking God might.

_____V_____
05-14-2008, 07:02 AM
They should really just go the old school hulk route and have different people playing Thor and his mortal form. Thor is a god, but his other form is usually just a twerpy blonde guy. Triple H as a twerpy doctor might not work. Brad Pitt as a twerpy doctor who turns into a CGI Viking God might.

Now that is a very interesting thought.

I am thinking that was the reasoning behind the people at Marvel going for Pitt, too.

_____V_____
05-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Marvel big wig Kevin Feige updated today about the new Avengers film they have planned starring Captain America!

After the huge success of IRON MAN, Marvel announced a few films on their horizon including The First Avenger: Captain America set to debut in 2011.

IESB asked Feige if the Captain America film would be a period piece. He confirmed yes, the story will take place during World War II, just like the comic book origin story. He says they plan to remain very faithful to the source material and completely traditional.

(**MINOR SPOILER WARNING**)

Feige also confirmed that it was definitely the Captain America shield that was seen in IRON MAN on Tony Stark's work-station as he's removing his suit for the first time. It's just an Easter Egg and probably won't have anything to do with the Capt. America story.

What about that casting rumor making its way around the web that Matthew McConaughey would be taking on the role?

Nope, Feige says, that's absolutely false.

Kane_Hodder
05-22-2008, 11:37 AM
This should be good, if they are sticking to the origin story.

The_Return
05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I haven't read a whole lot of Cap's stuff, but based on what I've read....I'm not entirely sure if he'll make for a good movie. Seems to black-and-white for me; another Superman style hero: Uphold the morals, beat the badguys, save the day.

I like some shades of gray in my heroes....besides, the character was created as propaganda. Without making MASSIVE changes to the character, its impossible to change that - yay for more pro-American trash :rolleyes:

Dark_soul
05-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Captain America??
Boring!!! http://smileydatabase.com/s/490.gif

Phalanx
05-29-2008, 03:24 AM
I think that the "ultimate avengers" movie gave a good example of how a cap movie COULD work if expanded upon.
Just take any of his villains that have "stood the test of time" and made the leap from the 30's and 40'd comics into the modern day "post thawing" era, make them the major threat in the "origin" timeline, and dr evil their asses into the future to come out of the shadows in the modern day too.
I'd like to see both a "classic" and "modern/tech" version in terms of costume too...semi military fatigue style of the old (the old shield maybe too...), and something maybe not as flag based as the "new".
Done well, I think it could be alright...just so long as

urgeok2
05-29-2008, 05:22 AM
Captain America??
Boring!!! http://smileydatabase.com/s/490.gif

wow your soul is really dark.

lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
!

_____V_____
06-15-2008, 08:25 AM
June 13, 2008

Marvel Studios is reportedly considering two A-list stars to play the title role in The First Avenger: Captain America, which is slated for release May 6, 2011.

According to Latino Review, Marvel wants either Leonardo DiCaprio or Brad Pitt to play Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America. The site stresses, though, that neither actor has been approached yet. They are simply on the studio's shortlist right now.

Latino Review adds that Marvel is also mulling Pitt to play Thor.

DiCaprio, 33, is busy with a slew of other projects in the works (namely Atari and Fleming) so perhaps he'll be too busy to don the red, white and blue for Marvel.

The 44 year-old Pitt, like fellow rumored contender Matthew McConaughey, may be too long in the tooth now to play young recruit-turned-super soldier Steve Rogers.

James Whale
06-15-2008, 04:19 PM
It will be cool to have a superhero movie with a real hero; I'm very tired of the cliche existential angst of most of the recent heroes brought to the screen. Having said that, I was never a fan of the CAPTAIN AMERICA comicbooks. Although, if it's done well, I will probably enjoy this. Just think if Mavel had control of a FANTASTIC FOUR film! I hope they can buy the rights to SPIDERMAN and THE FANTASTIC FOUR back.

The_Return
07-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Before some noob comes in here and calls me out on it - yes, I know that this isn't horror related. Fuck you :)

So, we all know by now that Marvel is planning to make a big ol' epic franchise out of The Avengers - they started with Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, both of which featured pretty badass references to future films.

From what I've read, the plan is to put out Iron Man II and Thor in 2010, followed by Captain America early in the summer of 2011 and capping things off with The Avengers later that season. They've also announced plan for an Ant-Man movie to be part of the saga(with Edgar Wright directing, supposedly), and rumor has it that Nick Fury might be in line for his own film, but to my knowledge no dates have been released for those projects.

So far, they're knocking the ball out of the park IMO. Iron Man and Incredible Hulk are both near perfect superhero movies - lots of action, super faithful the the source material, great effects and writing that's miles beyond your typical blockbuster. But what I think really sets them ahead of a lot of similar movies has to be the actors. Not only are people like Downey and Norton perfect for the roles, they are award winning, highly respected actors. This adds talent and prestige to the a genre that is ofter sorely lacking.

And they dont even stop with just the main characters; even the supporting casts are star studded in the best possible way. Guys like William Hurt, Tim Roth, Terrence Howard, Gweneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges...Jesus, the amount of Oscar winners + nominees in these movies is simply mindblowing.

This does leave them with pretty massive shoes to fill for the upcoming projects though...can they find enough A-listers to round out the casts of at least 3 more major projects?

Supposedly, Marvel's first choice for Cap is Leonardo DiCaprio, if he wants the role. Personally, I think he's a great actor, but a very strange choice for Steve Rogers. But that said, I have complete faith in Marvel after Iron Man + Incredible Hulk, so if they think he'll pull it off, then he'll pull it off.

Casting Cap has an extra challenge: whoever they cast has to be able to command the screen as a leader, in a room with powerhouses like Downey and Norton. A lot of people are saying that they should try and cast an unknown for the part, but I really can't see somebody without much experience being able to hold their own with guys like that. Leo has the presence for sure, IMO, which is another reason that I'm backing up Marvel's choice.

I haven't heard anything even remotely concrete for Thor as yet...Matthew Vaughan is directing, but casting is still a total mystery. Rumor mill is suggesting that Brad Pitt and Kevin McKidd are being considered, and Karl Urban seems to be the fan favourite, but to the best of my knowledge Marvel hasn't released anything.

So, what do you guys think? Any ideas for casting? Should they use the classic 616 versions of the characters, update things to the Ultimate universe, or an amalgam of the two (as they seem to be doing so far)? What are your thoughts on Ant-Man - he is Marvel's Aquaman afterall, the butt of every joke - but can Wright make him worthwhile? What about Thor - the movies thus far have been as realistic as possible, but how can that treatment work for the son of a Norse god?

We've had some pretty good brief conversations about this stuff in other threads, but I thought it'd be fun to have an overall discussion thread. So, lets hear some opinions!

massacre man
07-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I still want Aaron Eckhart for Captain America. Even if he is too old. I've been meaning to look into Thor for a while now but haven't gotten around to it.

I think Ant-Man will be good, not because of the character, but because I haven't seen Edgar Wright do anything bad yet. I hope Pegg's involved somehow, but if not, I can live with it.

I'll see Nick Fury regardless, but I'm still on the fence whether I'm excited or not.

But this franchise looks to be shaping up nicely, Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk are definitely my two favorite non-Batman "superhero" movies.

And off-topic (your mention of Aquaman reminded me. Not trying to start a discussion and stray off topic, Return, just curious if you heard.)-Did you know that Adam Green (Hatchet) got hired to write an animated Aquaman film?

EDIT: A thought. I hope one not-so-great box office performance will put off the actual Avengers film. Because marketing a character named "Captain Ameriica" who wears an American Flag suit in other markets will be tricky.

The_Return
07-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I still want Aaron Eckhart for Captain America. Even if he is too old.

Never going to happen - too old + already Two-Face for DC. Isnt there some kind of law against stuff like that? I mean, if there wasnt, Christian Bake would be playing damn near every superhero ever created :p .

I agree that Eckhart would be great in the role, but I really cant see them casting him.

And off-topic (your mention of Aquaman reminded me. Not trying to start a discussion and stray off topic, Return, just curious if you heard.)-Did you know that Adam Green (Hatchet) got hired to write an animated Aquaman film?

Still haven't got around to seeing Hatchet, but I've heard nothing but great things. This could be something to keep an eye on.

A thought. I hope one not-so-great box office performance will put off the actual Avengers film. Because marketing a character named "Captain Ameriica" who wears an American Flag suit in other markets will be tricky.

Very tricky indeed....hence why they need a big name to carry it.

I really wish I could come up with some casting suggestions for Cap or Thor, but I'm utterly drawing blanks for both.

Despare
07-12-2008, 10:09 PM
If they took Leo I would be worried about two things, the future Avengers film and budget. What would the budget for the Avengers film have to be to accommodate RDJ, Ed Norton, and Leo PLUS whoever the others will be? They can't let three big names outshine Ant Man and Thor right? Ok, maybe Ant Man, but Thor would have to be a superstar (I know, they're talking Pitt). What kind of a budget would a film have to have to be a super special effects flick while starring Leo, Downy Jr., Ed Norton, Samuel L. Jackson, and Brad Pitt (plus others!)? I hope Ant Man, Cap, and Thor aren't superstars already, but I suppose that's wishful thinking. I think that putting some great potential in there can help catapult a few names to the top, especially by pairing them with with such established talent.

massacre man
07-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Never going to happen - too old + already Two-Face for DC. Isnt there some kind of law against stuff like that? I mean, if there wasnt, Christian Bake would be playing damn near every superhero ever created :p .

I wouldn't have a problem with Christian Bale playing every superhero, all the way up until Wonder Woman, then I'm done. Not because I don't think he would do a good job, but because I don't want to see a Wonder Woman movie, I mean, she has an invisible plane... but she can fly. And she has a lasso of truth... She's pretty much a shiny, flying feminist.

Maybe Marvel and DC could do an actor trade. Aaron Eckhart could be Captain America and Ed Norton could be The Riddler. I'd like to see how that would turn out.

_____V_____
07-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I really wish I could come up with some casting suggestions for Cap or Thor, but I'm utterly drawing blanks for both.

Same here.

Despare's choice for Thor was Neal McDonough, and it is a good one. (in the Last Seen Movie thread)

Its for certain that Marvel will want a big name to play both these parts...and judging by the way careers are going so far, I am thinking they might be underlining someone like Shia LeBeouf to play a part in some way or another in either/or these movies.

You never know. Comic studios can be real stubborn when it comes to casting.

ferretchucker
07-14-2008, 07:17 AM
I've been told by someone usually quite good with this that Triple H has been approached about Thor. Dunno if I like that idea. He looks the part, but can he play it?

Nick Fury will be okay. It will help tie together the avengers movie so those not familiar with S.H.I.E.L.D or The Avengers but who like the films, will understand better.

Captain America will be hard to cast. If he hadn't done Batman and Robin I might have thought Geroge Clooney would be okay. Or maybe even Brad Pitt. Still, I think there must be someone out there who fits it perfectly. Lets hope they find him. The DiCaprio idea is good.

Also, I think they have to change the characters to suit mordern times (obviously not Cap), but also they can't just go for the ultimate stories, as classic fans would find it too far off. I think somewhere inbetween is just right.

rasobasi420
07-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Obviously, The Wasp and Ant Man can have one movie. That way Marvel doesn't need to put too many movies out before the 'big one'. Past that, I might even suggest that Ant Man not even have his own movie. He's not popular enough in the marvel universe, or outside to get any type of blockbuster support. His movie will fail and it will lead to less excitement for the Avengers movie when it comes out.

I'd say that Ant Man and The Wasp could be introduced in the Avengers movie in a way that shows that outside of our familiar films, there was further Avengers recruiting that we weren't aware of. It also lends itself to the idea that there were others approached but who turned down the offer.

As far as casting, I'd say brad pitt would be a good thor. He's older and distinguished, and a great actor. And, for Pym, I might suggest Jim Carrey. I know, I know, but hear me out. Pym is a self conscious genius who puts up a massive front to his teammates hiding his own insecurities. He's also an alcoholic wife beater 'behind the scenes'. I can see carey switching from a charming public appearance to a violent bastard when the world looks away.

Either way, I can't wait for the Avengers movie

massacre man
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Someone else suggested Karl Urban, here's a picture of him from one of the LOTR movies.

http://tolkiengateway.net/w/images/thumb/4/4f/Karl_Urban_as_Eomer.jpg/180px-Karl_Urban_as_Eomer.jpg

EDIT: My lingering hope that he will be Cap just decreased even more.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/07/former-batman-actor-tells-of-m.html

The_Return
07-14-2008, 09:26 AM
EDIT: My lingering hope that he will be Cap just decreased even more.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2008/07/former-batman-actor-tells-of-m.html

Gag me. He's a great actor, but he'd make a horrendous Hal Jordan.

massacre man
07-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Gag me. He's a great actor, but he'd make a horrendous Hal Jordan.

That wasn't the part I was referring to, I was referring to even him thinking he was too old.

The_Return
07-14-2008, 09:36 AM
That wasn't the part I was referring to, I was referring to even him thinking he was too old.

Heh, I'll be honest - I didn't even read that far :o

He's 100% right though: sad but true.

massacre man
07-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Has anyone here who has seen a LOTR movie remember it well enough to tell whether Karl Urban (pictured a few posts up) did a good job? That's the only film I'm aware he was in and I really, really, REALLY don't want to watch Lord of the Rings.

The_Return
07-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Has anyone here who has seen a LOTR movie remember it well enough to tell whether Karl Urban (pictured a few posts up) did a good job? That's the only film I'm aware he was in and I really, really, REALLY don't want to watch Lord of the Rings.

He's not really memorable. I've seen all the LOTR films at least twice, and I barely remember his character at all.

So he couldn't have been mindnumbingly bad, but he didn't leave any kind of impression either.

He was pretty god-awful in Doom though, so I really dont want to see him as Thor. We need a good actor, dammit!

Oh, and whoever mentioned Triple H - if he gets the part (or if John Cena plays Cap), I think I'll shit a brick. Maybe 3. Yes, the look the parts, but sweet god: they're wrestlers!!

massacre man
07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
He was pretty god-awful in Doom though, so I really dont want to see him as Thor. We need a good actor, dammit!

Oh. Nevermind then.

Let's get a two-in-one time machine/dimension traveler from Sam's Club and get a younger Aaron Eckhart and the actual Thor for the movies.

_____V_____
07-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I wonder if Dwayne Johnson can pull off a Cap America.

He's a very underrated and decent actor, IMO. And no complaints about his physique either.

The_Return
07-15-2008, 07:53 AM
I wonder if Dwayne Johnson can pull off a Cap America.

He's a very underrated and decent actor, IMO. And no complaints about his physique either.

I like him as an actor - he's got charisma oozing out his pores - but I think he's totally wrong for Cap. He should be someone more down to earth - The Rock is always larger than life.

_____V_____
07-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I like him as an actor - he's got charisma oozing out his pores - but I think he's totally wrong for Cap. He should be someone more down to earth - The Rock is always larger than life.

True.

I still think he could make a cool Avenger...hmm...

Nick Fury perhaps? (I do prefer him over someone like Sam Jackson)

Let's face it...if David Hasselhoff did a half-assed job of being Fury, The Rock is certainly a notch above.

Despare
07-15-2008, 02:28 PM
True.

I still think he could make a cool Avenger...hmm...

Nick Fury perhaps? (I do prefer him over someone like Sam Jackson)

Let's face it...if David Hasselhoff did a half-assed job of being Fury, The Rock is certainly a notch above.

Seeing as they based the Ultimate Nick Fury off Sam I doubt they even considered anybody else for the role. The Rock would be great as a superhero but I can't see him fitting into The Avengers. Maybe as a DC hero though, I could see him as The Green Lantern (John Stewart).

massacre man
07-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Seeing as they based the Ultimate Nick Fury off Sam I doubt they even considered anybody else for the role. The Rock would be great as a superhero but I can't see him fitting into The Avengers. Maybe as a DC hero though, I could see him as The Green Lantern (John Stewart).

No. If they make a John Stewart movie they probably won't make a Hal Jordan movie.

Despare
07-15-2008, 02:46 PM
No. If they make a John Stewart movie they probably won't make a Hal Jordan movie.

They could work both of them into either the same movie or separate flicks.

massacre man
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
They could work both of them into either the same movie or separate flicks.

No, really I just don't want Jon Stewart to have a movie. Hal's the only Lantern I like.

The_Return
07-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I really dont want to see Dwayne Johnson as any superhero...even though he's a great actor for action movies, he's still always The Rock. He can't blend into a character at all.

_____V_____
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I really dont want to see Dwayne Johnson as any superhero...even though he's a great actor for action movies, he's still always The Rock. He can't blend into a character at all.

I think he has somewhat shed off The Rock's legacy by now, and carved his own niche as Dwayne Johnson. Give or take a few years, I would LOVE to see him pull off a good superhero flick.

Which reminds me...wasn't he supposed to play either Captain Marvel or Black Adam for the "Shazam!" movie in the works? I wonder where that went.

Anyway, we are back to square one for the casting of Thor and Cap. So...what other options have we got?

Phalanx
07-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Not sure if I posted in here before...but yeah, I'm down to discuss, recently having seen the incredible hulk, after iron man.
Obviously there's characters and events crossing over, Nick Fury/Shield making appearances in each film, some scene with a brief glimpse of a cap shield as well.
Thor movie coming up, Iron-Man sequel, and "the first avenger" cap film.

I've had a theory for a while now, starting with certain things I'd heard about the iron man film, and further confirmed through the Hulk.
Obviously they're leaning towards getting the "avengers" together.
but...I think it's more an adaptation of the Ultimates.

The current 2 films have had their origins/stories set in the modern day, right? Trademark of the ultimate universe there.
Sam Jackson as Nick Fury (not only bearing a similarity to the character in the comics, but also the character has made comments in the ultimates title about this being his top choice if ever an "actor" were to portray him)
Both films a little dark, both with slightly different origins/chain of events than their original versions.
But, the Hulk film drove this home even more.
The Banner connection to trying out the the "super soldier syrum" (that's what made captain america) on himself after further experimenting on the long dead formula made the hulk - this is exactly as it happened in the ultimate universe. No Rick Jones, no gamma "explosion", just fucking around with a formula after trying to use gamma radiation to activate it, having to test it on himself after funding cuts/project rebirth cancellation.

Throughout both the avengers/ultimates storyline the hulk has been a significant character, back and forth, at times at odds, at others a team member.

Not to mention Stark being the one who largely "organised" the ultimates.

Hell, even if you look at the Spider-Man film, there's a lot of similarities to the USM series in that too, could just be a coincidence, but it's not alltogether unlikely that these films are meant to be taking place in the same continuum.

So yeah, I definately think they're bringing the Ultimate line to life, their flagship avengers title "the ultimates" has already seen the screen, Ultimate Avengers 1&2 (being pretty cool animated features) coming out prior.

That there's my take.

Oh and hey, at first when I heard about a cap movie, I wondered how shit they could possibly make it, but then if a film were done in the same tone, with a short back-story (prior to the "big freeze") intro, and a follow up into the modern day, that would be alright.
The incredible Hulks second fight with Blonski while still in human (but syrum treated) form, shows how they could bring the Captain America character to the screen quite well, all they need to do is keep the style, boost the power, and add the shield.

Ok yeah, said enough on it for now.

Vodstok
07-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Your finishing paragraph reminded me of one of my favorite parts of the the Incredible Hulk.

"Is that all you got?"
*KICK*
*SPLAT*

_____V_____
07-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Weird casting?

Consider this piece of news...

"According to CHUD, Keanu Reeves is rumoured to be playing ‘Plastic Man’ in a film based on the classic comic and cartoon series. Larry and Andy Wachowski, the chaps behind Reeves’ biggest success to date “The Matrix”, are rumored to be helming this adaptation."

Yep, anything is possible when studios go for casting. Even huge disappointments. :rolleyes:

massacre man
07-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Your finishing paragraph reminded me of one of my favorite parts of the the Incredible Hulk.

"Is that all you got?"
*KICK*
*SPLAT*

My favorite part was

"Any last words?"
HULK! SMASH!

The_Return
07-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Weird casting?

Consider this piece of news...

"According to CHUD, Keanu Reeves is rumoured to be playing ‘Plastic Man’ in a film based on the classic comic and cartoon series. Larry and Andy Wachowski, the chaps behind Reeves’ biggest success to date “The Matrix”, are rumored to be helming this adaptation."

Yep, anything is possible when studios go for casting. Even huge disappointments. :rolleyes:

It's Plastic Man...does anyone really care in the first place?

massacre man
07-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Ha. I was just reading Ultimates and Nick Fury said "This nose has been smashed more times than Robert Downey Jr." ZING!

neverending
07-16-2008, 10:57 AM
It's Plastic Man...does anyone really care in the first place?

Yes. Plastic Man was very cool.

rasobasi420
07-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Yes. Plastic Man was very cool.

If we're talking about the same plastic man (DC) then no, he wasn't cool enough to warrant his own movie. And they've already done the fantastic four, so the effects won't be new. And the Warcheosenwoskei brothers aren't really known for their humor, so they won't even have that going for them.

Forget plastic man, he's a waste of film and a summer blockbuster.

massacre man
07-21-2008, 07:45 AM
Alright... how's about this.

Your picks for Ant-Man?

neverending
07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
If we're talking about the same plastic man (DC) then no, he wasn't cool enough to warrant his own movie. And they've already done the fantastic four, so the effects won't be new. And the Warcheosenwoskei brothers aren't really known for their humor, so they won't even have that going for them.

Forget plastic man, he's a waste of film and a summer blockbuster.

I disagree. Plastic Man could be a fun movie.

Plastic Man was the ORIGINAL stretchy superhero and his stories were always quirky and full of visual humor.

I'd go see it.

ferretchucker
07-21-2008, 08:09 AM
I disagree. Plastic Man could be a fun movie.

Plastic Man was the ORIGINAL stretchy superhero and his stories were always quirky and full of visual humor.

I'd go see it.

But in a film it might be a bit too similar to Mr. Fantastic for audiences not familiar with the comics.

neverending
07-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I doubt it. His approach was entirely different. One of the funnest things about the original strip was that Plastic Man would disguise himself as various objects and you would have to play a game of "where's Plastic Man" as you read. Oh- he was the briefcase that the crooks took into the secret hideout! Or he'd disguise himself as a ball that a child would start bouncing against the wall, rendering poor Plas a bit woozy.

Little touches like that are what made Plastic Man unique.

_____V_____
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
July 29, 2008 - Samuel L. Jackson wants his Nick Fury to be more than a cameo in Iron Man and hopes to appear in all four of Marvel Studios' upcoming movies.

Jackson spoke with MTV over the weekend, where the Pulp Fiction and Star Wars star said, "Yeah, I'm looking forward to making that character a bit more integral, in terms of the other stories that are happening."

He continued, "Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and hopefully the big one [The Avengers] that's coming in 2011, when they put everybody together."

Iron Man 2 will hit theaters on April 30, 2010. Thor will follow on June 4, 2010. Then, on May 6, 2011, Marvel will release First Avenger: Captain America, followed by The Avengers in July 2011.

_____V_____
09-09-2008, 08:57 AM
September 8, 2008

With Marvel Studios gearing up to produce The First Avenger: Captain America for a May 6, 2011 release, the rumor mill has been busy speculating who might be in the running to don the red, white and blue duds.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Matthew McConaughey and Sex and the City's Jason Lewis have all been mentioned at different points, but today brings the news that Marvel may be eyeing a certain multihyphenate with proven box office prowess to play its Sentinel of Liberty.

In an interview with MTV, actor Derek Luke let it slip, "I heard they offered Will Smith Captain America," adding that it "just shows you how times have changed."

Smith previously played a superhero (albeit not a very good one) in this summer's Hancock.

MTV is quick to categorize Luke's claim as rumor, mind you.

If true, though, would that mean that Marvel might use the Truth: Red, White & Black storyline about Isaiah Bradley as the basis for the film version? Or would a different origin story be concocted?

It is expected that the character of Captain America will also appear in Marvel's Avengers movie that's slated for a July 2011 release, which means whomever plays Cap will have to sign on for at least two films.

UPDATE! - Websites have received confirmation that Will Smith is NOT under consideration to play Steve Rogers in "Captain America". Sorry for that brief bit of sparkle, Will Smith fans.

_____V_____
09-17-2008, 04:53 AM
September 16, 2008

It's not official, but there are signs that point to Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria being up for a role in the upcoming Avengers movie.

It all started when celeb gossip sites posted recently-snapped pictures of Longoria leaving the Marvel offices clutching (she's practically holding them up for the camera) a stack of what are clearly Avengers comics.

So, who would she play? Comics2Film and the LA Times Blog are both speculating that Longoria is up for the role of the winsome Wasp -- not too hard to connect those dots as the character has been a standout member of the superhero team since the beginning.

Janet van Dyne/Wasp is a mutant who can deliver a deadly sting through her hands, and has the capability to shrink her body to insect-size. She flies with a set of retractable wings. In the comics, Janet has been married to volatile scientist Hank Pym (Ant-Man/Giant-Man), and has been close with Captain America.

The Wasp, it's also interesting to note, is one of Marvel's most diva-ish female characters, with her sense of entitlement and penchant for shopping. Point being that it's not that big of a stretch from characters Longoria has played in the past -- except for the superpowers.

While we're not spending our free time tracking celebrity hairstyles, we have noted that the lovely Longoria has been sporting a significantly shorter hairdo of late -- a cut perfectly fitting for that Wasp wardrobe fitting or screen test.

Finally, let's not forget that Edgar Wright is making the Ant-Man movie, so she could presumably appear in that as well as Avengers.

The_Return
09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm not crazy about Wasp to begin with, but this is just sad...so much for sticking with A-list talent, eh?

Doc Faustus
09-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Luke Wilson as Hank Pym.

Zero
09-23-2008, 05:12 PM
simon baker for hank pym

_____V_____
09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
September 28, 2008

Kenneth Branagh is negotiating to direct "Thor," the next Marvel Comics property that will be turned into a live-action film by Marvel Studios. Pic will be released in 2010.

Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige's choice of Branagh is surprising, as Branagh hasn't really directed an action-heavy film since his debut on "Henry V," a bloody telling of the British king's conquest of France.

Branagh is the latest in a string of directors -- such as Jon Favreau ("Iron Man"), Christopher Nolan (the Batman franchise) and Gavin Hood ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine") -- with arthouse roots taking on big-budget comicbook fare.

Marvel will set a distributor for "Thor" shortly.

"Thor" comicbook adaptation, penned by Mark Protosevich, follows disabled medical student Donald Blake, who has an alter ego as the hammer-wielding Norse god Thor.

Marvel will self-finance the film via its $500 million credit facility through Merrill Lynch. Marvel used that coin to fund both "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" and will do the same for the "Iron Man" sequel that has director Favreau and star Robert Downey Jr. returning.

The "Thor" negotiations come during a resurgence for Branagh. He's currently drawing raves on the London stage in the title role of "Ivanov," and he'll next be seen acting in the Richard Curtis-directed "The Boat That Rocked" and the Bryan Singer-helmed "Valkyrie."

The_Return
09-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Now that is a strange choice.

bloody_ribcut
09-29-2008, 07:01 AM
i cant wait till they start doing crossovers, like with the punisher and spider-man.

urgeok2
09-29-2008, 07:14 AM
with all these Marvel adapations, and the trend of putting in a stan lee cameo in each one .... stan lee is getting more screen time than many legit actors these days.

James Whale
09-30-2008, 09:59 PM
This film is so bad I don't know what to say. Graet idea for a story; great performance from Sutherland and EVERYTHING else is pure shit. I almost walked out.

_____V_____
09-30-2008, 10:02 PM
This film is so bad I don't know what to say. Graet idea for a story; great performance from Sutherland and EVERYTHING else is pure shit. I almost walked out.

Umm...what has Mirrors got to do with Cap America? :confused:

_____V_____
11-03-2008, 01:32 AM
October 28, 2008

As part of his four picture deal with Marvel Studios, Robert Downey Jr. is appearing as Tony Stark in The Avengers motion picture, as well as reprising his starring role as the larger-than-life leading character in Iron Man 2.

Jon Favreau will return to direct the sequel to the blockbuster Iron Man, which to date has grossed over $578 million worldwide, as well as executive produce The Avengers.

Marvel Studios is pleased today to confirm that an agreement has been finalized with award-winning actor Don Cheadle to take on the role of Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes in Marvel's Iron Man 2 due in theaters on May 7, 2010.

In casting Cheadle, Marvel replaces Terrence Howard who appeared in the role of Rhodey in Iron Man.

Cheadle is also signed on to perform the same role in The Avengers and subsequent installments of the Iron Man franchise.

"We are very excited about working with the extraordinarily talented Don Cheadle as we expand the role of Rhodey in Iron Man 2. It has already become apparent as we prep the movie for production, that the dynamic between Robert and Don will take Iron Man 2 to new heights," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios.

Cheadle is best known for his Oscar nominated lead performance in Hotel Rwanda as well as his role as Basher Tarr in the Ocean's franchise, Crash and Swordfish.

Based on Marvel's iconic super hero, Iron Man 2 continues the story of this summer's box office blockbuster Iron Man, the first feature film produced independently by Marvel Studios. Iron Man 2 will be produced by Marvel Studios' President, Kevin Feige, and executive produced by Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Denis Stewart.

In a movie event, The Avengers will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced.

The highly anticipated sequel to Iron Man will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and The Avengers will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Director Jon Favreau, who is preparing to helm Iron Man 2 for Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures, recently gave an interview in which he discussed the challenges facing Marvel's live-action film version of The Avengers, which the Web-friendly filmmaker will exec produce.

"I'm going to get a little more involved now with what goes on with the other movies. I'm very excited about Kenneth Branagh, I can't wait to see his take on Thor and we're really looking at the (Captain America) stuff, very closely," Favreau told Ain't it Cool News. "For one because we put the shield in there and Tony's legacy… Howard Stark's legacy somehow is related to… there's some relationship between Tony's father and what was going on in World War II, in the Marvel Universe, and Shield, so we're trying to lay some pipe here so that when it all happens it feels somewhat inevitable."

The greatest challenge facing the filmmakers, Favreau says, is achieving a tonal balance for all the upcoming Marvel movies, and he cites Thor in particular as "the most difficult one to integrate into this reality. And if it can be properly done then you get a great version of Avengers. If not, Avengers is going to seem like Roger Rabbit with different cartoon characters from different worlds, you have Betty Boop next to Daffy Duck next to Donald Duck you know."

The director believes Marvel's decision to shoot Iron Man 2, The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers at L.A.'s Raleigh Studios will help accomplish that. "I think a really good step in that direction is them getting this facility down at Manhattan Beach so that all the films will be working out of the same studio and shooting on the same stages and they'll be prepping and posting and we'll all be in that one area so we can bounce back and forth and hopefully they'll be a generosity of creative input between all of the filmmakers and writers and producers so that we could come up with something that's much more synergistic than anything that has been seen before. But it's a tall order."

_____V_____
11-04-2008, 06:56 AM
November 03, 2008

Fans have been wondering why Terrence Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle in the role of Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes in Iron Man 2. A new report claims to shed light on what happened behind the scenes that led to the casting switch.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Howard was reportedly "difficult" on the set of Iron Man and, as the first actor officially signed for the film, reportedly got paid the most, even more than star Robert Downey Jr. Furthermore, EW claims, director Jon Favreau "and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes."

The magazine goes on to say that "when Favreau and screenwriter Justin Theroux went to map out the sequel they found themselves minimizing Howard's story line. Once Marvel learned that Favreau was thinking of curtailing the role, the studio went to the actor's agents with a new and drastically reduced offer — a number that's similar to what supporting cast members were paid for the first movie."

Needless to say, neither side could agree on a deal at such a reduced rate and Cheadle was cast as Rhodey instead.

The_Return
11-04-2008, 07:12 AM
It bugs me when they switch actors like that...but I think Cheadle will be a million times better than Howard as War Machine.

_____V_____
11-11-2008, 06:33 AM
November 10, 2008

Marvel Studios has tapped Joe Johnston to suit up and direct its superhero actioner “The First Avenger: Captain America.”

Johnston is readying a redo of “The Wolfman” at Universal Pictures, which bows in April.

Marvel is looking to launch a new franchise, starring Captain America to follow successful launches of Iron Man and a reboot of The Incredible Hulk. Pic bows May 6, 2011, with Paramount distribbing.

A thesp has yet to be cast as Captain America, who will also co-star in “The Avengers,” also hitting screens in 2011.

Pic will introduce Steve Rogers, who volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the patriotic super soldier known as Captain America.

Marvel Studios’ prexy Kevin Feige will produce, Louis D’Esposito, Stan Lee and Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel will exec produce.

Johnston, who previously helmed “The Rocketeer,” “October Sky” and “Jurassic Park III,” is also developing “The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud.”

_____V_____
01-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Jan 02, 2009

One of the big questions about how Marvel's God of Thunder would make his transition from the Thor movie to The Avengers has reportedly been answered.

According to IESB, rumor has it that "the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods. The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor."

Marvel reminds us of the comic book history of the character of Dr. Donald Blake: "Thor chased a monster into the land of the Frost Giants, a breech of protocol that nearly sparked a war in all of Asgard. Odin had to teach Thor a lesson. He created a mortal body for him, one with a lame leg, and sent Thor, stripped of his powers and memories, to Earth. Thor arrived on the campus of New York State College of Medicine as Donald Blake. Blake proved to be the humble and patient man Odin had hoped for. He eventually graduated with top honors, gained a reputation as a caring family doctor and a brilliant surgeon, and opened a private practice in New York City. His nurse, Jane Foster, was equally caring and competent, and the two began to fall in love."

IESB adds that, in addition to directing Thor, Kenneth Branagh will play an unspecified supporting role in the film as well. Branagh previously acted and directed in films such as Henry V, Hamlet, Dead Again, and Much Ado About Nothing.

massacre man
01-02-2009, 07:14 PM
Someone hurry up and goddamn cast him!

Zero
01-03-2009, 12:44 PM
i still can't see thor working - it just is going to look silly. iron man - yes; hulk - yes; but the regular humans could look absolutely ridiculous. i'm not even convinced they can do cap well.

but i will wait patiently to see if this ever materializes

The_Return
01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
IESB adds that, in addition to directing Thor, Kenneth Branagh will play an unspecified supporting role in the film as well....

I'd bet damn good money that he'll cast himself as Loki - been saying that right from the day he signed on.

Phalanx
01-03-2009, 03:56 PM
i'm not even convinced they can do cap well.
I can...as long as they don't over-do the uniform. I mean, in the "incredible hulk" the first fight he had with the early version of the "super solider" syrum dosed Emil Blonsky looked pretty good.

I like that they're taking Thor out of Asgard completely, a human side/weakness is something that needs to be there, IMO...I have never much liked the "thor only" stories.

_____V_____
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
An apparent casting notice for Marvel's Thor movie has appeared online, which suggests that the filmmakers envision the Norse god of thunder as younger than he's traditionally been portrayed.

Corona Coming Attractions has posted a casting notice it says "comes directly from the production." The notice says that director Kenneth Branagh and company are looking for a male in his mid-to-late 20s, 6' or taller.

The notice describes the character of Thor as "Physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant, and wild. A natural warrior with a quick charming wit who must be genuinely and severely humbled before becoming the compassionate, mature hero of our film."

CA adds that Thor will film from July through September.

It should be noted that just because the casting notice says the filmmakers are seeking a twenty-something actor for Thor, it doesn't mean they'll hire one. The James Bond producers were looking at twenty-something and early thirty-something actors to play 007 in Casino Royale before hiring Daniel Craig, who was 37 at the time.

Zero
02-23-2009, 01:41 PM
still can't see thor working in the modern world. not really sure how cap will work. hulk and iron man had the advantage of being 'non-human' batman has the advantage of being 'very human' - cap and thor are kind of in-between

_____V_____
03-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Samuel L. Jackson will reportedly be back in a big way as Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jackson, who made a cameo as Fury at the end of Iron Man, has finally sealed a deal with Marvel to play Fury in up to...not 1, or 2, or 3...but NINE Marvel movies!!

These films are said to include Iron Man 2, The Avengers, The First Avenger: Captain America, and Thor, as well as their respective sequels.

THR adds, "Also on the table is the possibility of toplining a S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, which is in development."

A publicist for Marvel, however, informed IGN, "The story is speculative and Marvel is not confirming the story."

_____V_____
03-11-2009, 06:52 AM
According to Latino Review, Branagh recently had lunch with Swedish actor Alexander Skarsgård, the 32 year-old, 6'4" son of Pirates of the Caribbean and Mamma Mia! star Stellan Skarsgård. The site confirmed that the two did indeed meet at the restaurant mentioned in the article, and that they share the same agency.

Alexander Skarsgård is best known to stateside audiences for his work on the HBO series Generation Kill and True Blood, where he plays Viking vampire Eric Northman.

A casting notice that appeared online recently said the filmmakers are looking for a male in his mid-to-late 20s, 6' or taller. The notice described the character of Thor as: "Physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant, and wild. A natural warrior with a quick charming wit who must be genuinely and severely humbled before becoming the compassionate, mature hero of our film."

If Alexander Skarsgård is cast as Thor, one wonders if his dad Stellan will follow suit and play Thor's father Odin.

UPDATE: IESB claims that 30 Days of Night star Josh Hartnett has met with Branagh and "is currently on a very short list" to play Loki, the villainous god of mischief and Thor's half-brother. "Word is Josh and his camp are really interested because he has never played a villain before and after Heath Ledger's Oscar win for the latest comic book villain, Hartnett is intrigued by the character."

In addition to Alexander Skarsgård, IESB reports that G.I. Joe star Channing Tatum is also in the running to play Thor, but that Branagh wants Skarsgård for the part.

_____V_____
03-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Three Marvel Studios superhero pics will debut in summer 2011, including the May 6 bow of Sony's "Spider-Man 4."

That's to be followed by the June 17 release of "Thor," which was to have opened in summer 2010, and the July 22 opening of "The First Avenger: Captain America." Those two films are being fully financed and produced by Marvel; Paramount is distributing.

As a result of those moves, Marvel announced it's pushing back the release of multicharacter superhero tentpole "The Avengers" from July 15, 2011, to May 4, 2012.

Company said the clustering of "Captain America" and "Thor" will serve as the perfect run-up to "The Avengers," which will unite the Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Incredible Hulk characters.

"This new schedule strongly sequences Marvel's movie debut dates, bigscreen character introductions and momentum," Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said.

The release date of "Iron Man 2" remains the same: May 7, 2010. Par is again distrib.

Right now, Marvel titles dominate the summer 2011 sked, though most studios have yet to announce their slate. "Avengers" is the first 2012 title to be dated.

The_Return
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
So, shall we assume this means Edgar Wright's Ant-Man project is either dead or not related to the franchise?

_____V_____
03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
So, shall we assume this means Edgar Wright's Ant-Man project is either dead or not related to the franchise?

Either that, or the guys at Marvel are assuming the project wont be ready until after summer 2012.

Maybe it could end up as a spinoff from the Avengers flick, who knows.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

_____V_____
03-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Star Wars veteran Natalie Portman is reportedly the front runner to play the female lead in Paramount-Marvel's Thor movie, to be directed by Kenneth Branagh.

Thor has shifted release dates again -- from June 16, 2011 to May 20, 2011 -- in order to make room for Paramount's newly announced Transformers 3.

Deadline Hollywood Daily doesn't state which female character from the Thor/Marvel universe she'd play.

The site also claims that Marvel is considering Josh Hartnett to play either Thor or his half-brother and archenemy Loki; earlier reports claimed that Hartnett was only in the running for the villain role.

DHD adds that there is a "powerful lobby" seeking to cast unknowns for the roles of Thor and Loki, claiming that "the following actors are being tested:-

Charlie Hunnam (the British co-star of the F/X series Sons of Anarchy); Tom Hiddleston (award-winning British actor and RADA graduate who played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's The Gathering Storm), Alexander Skarsgård (Stellan's son who has appeared in the HBO Iraq War miniseries Generation Kill and vampire drama True Blood, and who's definitely visually right for the role), Liam Hemsworth (offered a significant role in The Expendables after Sly Stallone saw his tape), and Joel Kinnaman (some Danish dude)."

English actor Tom Hiddleston, 28, starred opposite Branagh in the Masterpiece Mystery! series Wallander and the HBO telepic Conspiracy, as well as on-stage in last fall's production of Chekhov's Ivanov. Hiddleston's bio at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art says he stands 6'2" and is certified in stage combat. He won the Laurence Olivier Award last year as Best Newcomer in a Play for his performance in Cymbeline.

In addition to his lead role as Jackson 'Jax' Teller in Sons of Anarchy, English actor Charlie Hunnam, 29, has appeared in Abandon, Nicholas Nickleby, Children of Men, Green Street Hooligans, and Cold Mountain.

Aussie actor Liam Hemsworth, soon to be seen opposite Nicolas Cage in Knowing, starred in the Aussie TV series Neighbours and The Elephant Princess. He's the younger brother of actor Chris Hemsworth, who plays James T. Kirk's dad in J.J. Abrams' Star Trek movie.

Danish actor Joel Kinnaman, 29, has starred in a number of films overseas (such as Storm and The Invisible), and shares the same agency as Stellan Skarsgård, who has been rumored for the role of Thor's father Odin. Based on his looks, Kinnaman seems far more appropriate for Loki than for Thor.

The_Return
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
DHD adds that there is a "powerful lobby" seeking to cast unknowns for the roles of Thor and Loki...

Unknowns for both? Bad idea.

_____V_____
03-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Expect nods to Iron Man, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and The First Avenger: Captain America in Thor, according to Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada.

He's been talking to MTV News about how happy they are with Thor director Kenneth Branagh, especially the Shakespearian actor's interest in the comic's universe.

In an interview with the site, Quesada said: "[Branagh] understood that there was this very, very big tapestry of the Marvel movies. There's continuity within the movies and he really wanted to play within that and wanted it to be part of the other movies."

He went on: "He was really, really loving the interconnectivity between all of these characters and even thinking ahead as to how does Thor interrelate with the Iron Man movies, how will he interrelate with the The Avengers movies, and how do we set these things up."

_____V_____
05-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Aussie actor Chris Hemsworth, currently seen as James T. Kirk's dad George in the new Star Trek movie, has reportedly won the title role in Marvel's Thor.

Deadline Hollywood Daily reported today that Hemsworth had initially "read for the part of Thor but wasn't given a test because a casting director had nixed him early on. I'm told Chris' younger brother Liam (who's also a ROAR client) then tested for the role of Thor, but Marvel's Kevin Feige passed. Then, after a conversation with [Hemsworth's manager William] Ward ('You've got to reconsider Chris, he's your guy'), Feige decided to let Chris read again.

And once Marvel put him on tape, it was 'Oh my god'. [Thor director Kenneth] Branagh came to town last week and saw the Chris test and made the final casting decision today."

According to the IMDB, Hemsworth is 25 years-old and stands 6'3". He'll next be seen in the Joss Whedon-scripted horror flick Cabin in the Woods.

DHD adds that Hemsworth also just won the lead role in MGM's remake of Red Dawn. Thor begins filming in January for a June 17, 2011 release.

The_Return
05-19-2009, 11:51 AM
I've yet to see the new Trek, but the guy looks the part. Here's hoping he'll pull it off.

_____V_____
05-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Marvel has found their god of mischief to plague their god of thunder.

Deadline Hollywood Daily reports that Thor director Kenneth Branagh has cast his Wallander co-star Tom Hiddleston as the villainous Loki, over such bigger name contenders as Josh Hartnett.

DHD is the same outlet that broke the news that Chris Hemsworth had won the title role of Thor.

An exclusive chat with Branagh last month confirms that he called Hiddleston "a great actor" and confirmed the rumor that he was up for a part in Thor.

English actor Hiddleston, 28, starred opposite Branagh in the Masterpiece Mystery! series Wallander and the HBO telepic Conspiracy, as well as on-stage in last fall's production of Chekhov's Ivanov.

Hiddleston's bio at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art says he stands 6'2" and is certified in stage combat. He won the Laurence Olivier Award last year as Best Newcomer in a Play for his performance in Cymbeline.

_____V_____
06-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Ashley Miller, who is rewriting Thor for Marvel Studios along with his Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles partner Zack Stentz, has spilled a few beans about the comic-to-film.

"Certainly, Walt Simonson's take on the character greatly informs what we brought to the script although I wouldn't say we went to a specific story from his tenure on the book," Miller told CineFools. "We saw part of our job as taking all the many approaches to the character over the years (including the myths) and distilling them down into a form that worked for a two-hour movie. There's a tremendous amount of ground to cover, so inspiration has to come from everywhere."

When asked about how to make the god of thunder approachable and realistic for a movie audience, Miller said that "at the end of the day, (Thor's) a man. In the comics, Odin sends him to Earth because he's not perfect. He's brash, arrogant. Even over-confident. We all know that guy -- some of us have even been that guy. Stan Lee's genius was to give Thor-as-hero an emotional throughline we could all relate to, and knock him down a couple of pegs." Miller added, "The challenge is to dramatize that and make the audience see what the fans have known and believed about the character all along."

Miller was coy about how much of Asgard will be in the film as opposed to Earth: "Marvel's official description gives you a pretty good idea of what the divide looks like."

Here's that official Thor film synopsis, courtesy of Marvel: "This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth."

mrbelle
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Sounds like it may end up being a good movie I never been a big fan of thor but will watch it

_____V_____
06-25-2009, 09:46 AM
Screenwriter Zak Penn has been talking about his difficulties in piecing together Marvel's Avengers movie, revealing that he's going to sit down and write the first draft of the script this summer.

Speaking on a panel at last week's Los Angeles film festival (as reported by SCI FI Wire), Penn said he was taking a meeting soon with producers from the Thor and Captain America movies. "We are all going to get together, and I will see what is going to happen. I'll see where they are leaving the characters; it's pretty complicated... There's a board that is tracking what is happening."

Apparently, Penn ran into trouble back when he was writing the last two X-Men movies because he wanted to introduce the Fantastic Four -- but was prevented by the studio. In contrast, he appears to be relishing the chance to cross-pollinate superheroes this time around now that Marvel themselves are producing.

"It is a world of difference; it is a lot easier to do things like that and they encourage it," he said. "Marvel is autonomous now. It is night and day. Everyone has read every comic. They know how to make a cool movie."

Depressingly, though, he did add, "It's hard to make a good movie. We all have the best intentions, and it still might suck."

Zero
07-03-2009, 04:20 AM
i'm betting he's right. Thor will suck and it will suck the wind right out of an Avengers movie, which will NEVER happen.

mark my words ye foolish mortals

Doc Faustus
07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
I don't know how bad Thor will be. I'm actually a bit more worried about Cap.

The_Return
07-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't know how bad Thor will be. I'm actually a bit more worried about Cap.

Agreed. I think Thor will be pretty solid, but Cap could turn out awful. The effects will be cool - Tim Roth in the new Hulk, anyone? - but I can see the script being really, really bad.

I mean - it's a dude wrapped in an American flag. HOW can that be successful anywhere outside the US South?

Zero
07-04-2009, 07:00 AM
i'm sure they'll tone down the american jingoism - probably give him a chinese partner and a british sidekick (maybe even a frenchman for comic relief).

modern hollywood has to hit all the global box office targets to make those millions

_____V_____
07-04-2009, 08:42 AM
i'm sure they'll tone down the american jingoism - probably give him a chinese partner and a british sidekick (maybe even a frenchman for comic relief).

Cap America meets The Green Hornet?

_____V_____
07-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Jessica Biel is reportedly the frontrunner to play the god of thunder's love interest in Marvel's forthcoming Thor movie.

According to Nuke the Fridge, the Blade: Trinity and I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry hottie is in talks to join the Kenneth Branagh-directed film.

The site claims "Biel will play the love interest of Thor. The most probable love interest for Thor would more than likely be Jane Foster, a nurse and girlfriend of Thor alter ego Donald Blake. But the problem is that our source was not sure of the character's name, but seemed to believe it was the same female character from the animated Hulk vs Thor."

The site continued, "If that is the case, since Jane Foster was not in the animated movie, Biel is more than likely playing either Amora, The Enchantress or Sif. Those characters did appear in Hulk vs Thor. The Enchantress is a powerful sorceress who seeks to make Thor fall in love with her. When Thor rejects her for Sif, an Asgardian warrior whom Thor falls in love with, The Enchantress helps Loki in his plot against Thor."

Zero
07-05-2009, 11:52 AM
she's my love interest and i've got a big hammer for her

(ok, more like a small pair of pliers but still, i'll quote Odin if she'll just come over and get thundery with me!!)

_____V_____
07-14-2009, 12:18 AM
Marvel Studios has found its love interest for "Thor," tapping Natalie Portman to star opposite Chris Hemsworth in the comicbook pic. Portman will play an updated version of the Jane Foster character, a nurse who becomes Thor's first love.

In the pic, the actions of Thor, an arrogant Norse warrior, reignites an ancient war, and as a result, he's cast down to Earth, where he is forced to live among humans as punishment. Once there, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Paramount will distrib the pic, helmed by Kenneth Branagh, on May 20, 2011. Production starts early next year. Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige is producing.

Portman's involvement in the pic had been rumored for months and she had long been the main contender for the female lead.

Portman, who is currently shooting Universal's comedy "Your Highness," under the helm of David Gordon Green, and will also star in Darren Aronofsky's supernatural thriller "Black Swan," will next be seen in Jim Sheridan's "Brothers," opposite Jake Gyllenhaal and Tobey Maguire.

She recently wrapped production on "Hesher," produced by her Handsomecharlie Films banner, and Don Roos' "Love and Other Impossible Pursuits," which she also executive produced.

_____V_____
08-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier has been discussing his future plans, with the Frenchman apparently keen to work with Marvel on a summer of Avengers movies.

"I'll tell you my dream" Leterrier told the LA Times. "To work with [Captain America director] Joe Johnston, [Thor director] Kenneth Branagh and [Iron Man director] Jon Favreau and make a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer.

"We do it the way they make television shows" he continued. "One story arc but told in instalments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That's my dream."

In related news, Leterrier also revealed that he has been impressed by the pre-production work on Captain America. "I have seen some of the design work they're doing for Captain America and it looks amazing. It's a period piece and it looks like Raiders of the Lost Ark and with more gadgets... It's Raiders meets Rocketeer and Saving Private Ryan. It's going to be so cool."

So it sounds like Captain America is on track.

massacre man
08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Um... Doesn't Triptych mean 3 pieces?

Doc Faustus
08-10-2009, 10:31 AM
No. It's a painting with four panels.

fuglystick
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Incredible Hulk helmer Louis Leterrier has been discussing his future plans, with the Frenchman apparently keen to work with Marvel on a summer of Avengers movies.

"I'll tell you my dream" Leterrier told the LA Times. "To work with [Captain America director] Joe Johnston, [Thor director] Kenneth Branagh and [Iron Man director] Jon Favreau and make a triptych. We do four movies. We release them one a month for the summer. Or even every two or three weeks. And the whole summer would be Avengers summer.

"We do it the way they make television shows" he continued. "One story arc but told in instalments by different directors. So all of the directors that touch part of the Avengers world would do a part; we could make the movies shorter, maybe less than an hour and a half, and we use the same sets and save Marvel money. I would love to sit around a table with all of them a kick around the story. That's my dream."

In related news, Leterrier also revealed that he has been impressed by the pre-production work on Captain America. "I have seen some of the design work they're doing for Captain America and it looks amazing. It's a period piece and it looks like Raiders of the Lost Ark and with more gadgets... It's Raiders meets Rocketeer and Saving Private Ryan. It's going to be so cool."

So it sounds like Captain America is on track.

I really like this idea.

Neimad
08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Thor movie. Branagh is a great director and really seems excited about it. Should be really cool to see Asgard on the big screen.

Captain America should be okay. They can't do any worse than the previous Captain America movie.

_____V_____
09-17-2009, 05:17 AM
May 2011 will see Spider-Man 4 pitted against Thor at the box office.

Variety reminds us that Spider-Man 4's May 6, 2011 release date is a mere two weeks before the May 20 opening of the Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor.

So why is this significant? Isn't a month of two Marvel movies better than not?

It may be for fans, but let's face it: Sony's Spidey 4 is the bigger movie that will most likely be the film to beat that summer. It is a proven commodity, a commercial sure thing. That can't be said for the Marvel-produced, Paramount-distributed Thor, which will surely find itself compared, fairly or not, to the box office performance of Spidey 4.

Marvel has a lot riding on Thor, which will -- along with The First Avenger: Captain America -- help set-up the Avengers movie that's due out in 2012. What does it mean for The Avengers, or any of Marvel's long-term plans for those franchises, should either or both Thor and Captain America under-perform? (By the way, Captain America opens a mere two months after Thor on July 22.)

Disney's pending acquisition of Marvel certainly gives the latter company a financial safety net should its game plan of self-produced movies leading up to and culminating with The Avengers fall short of expectations. But the question remains if there isn't more going on (studio politics-wise) behind this game of chicken between Sony and Marvel's comic book movies than is immediately apparent.

Marvel obviously profits regardless of which film comes out on top that summer, but a dominant Spider-Man 4 in summer 2011 might make Marvel's self-produced films seem like weaker commercial prospects by comparison.

Ferox13
09-17-2009, 05:50 AM

Alexander Skarsgård who plays Eric in True blood would be a great choice - he has the size and looks and not a bad actor.

Or They could get around the size issue for Pitt by casting midgets in ever other role.

_____V_____
09-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Director Kenneth Branagh has cast two more actors in his forthcoming adaptation of Marvel Comics' Thor, which starts filming early next year.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, those actors are Jaimie Alexander (Kyle XY, Rest Stop) and Colm Feore (24, The Chronicles of Riddick).

The trade says the 25 year-old Alexander will play "Sif, a skilled Asgardian warrior who can hold her own against any man. She also is one of Thor's loves."

But what's more interesting is that they claim "Feore's character is shrouded in mystery -- the studio isn't even sending the actors the script -- though it is known to be a villain."

Wonder who it will be...

The_Return
09-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I'll admit that I'm not too familiar with Thor's baddies beyond Loki...but I'm still pumped to see Colm Feore in the cast. Such an overlooked actor; he's wonderful in everything he does.

Anyone more familiar with the rogues gallery have any guess who he might play?

massacre man
09-24-2009, 03:50 PM
From my understanding, isn't Loki a woman now?

The_Return
09-24-2009, 05:07 PM
From my understanding, isn't Loki a woman now?

I've heard that myself...a quick bit of research seems to show that he is, in the comics at least, now a she (using the body of Sif, apparently). Very, very strange.

Still, it seems they'll be keeping him a dude in this version...unless Tom Hiddleston needs to tell us something, I suppose.

cheebacheeba
09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Thor doesn't really have a traditional rogues gallery as such - I mean his thing is Asgard and the more mythic realms etc, the rest of the time he's on earth, he's usually helping out with the avengers and their more heavy hitting villains, or the Hulk...lotsa times the hulk.
The rest of the time it's Loki and his machinations, giants, dragons, that kinda shit, along with Loki periodically manipulating other Asgardians against him?

Has anyone said the villain specifically isn't Loki?
I mean he's pretty much the definitive "villain" to Thor, and would serve well for an origin tale perspective (both sides would be cool) and at least could be the instigator of a bigger threat?
Not to mention, the guy looks like he *could* quite easily work as Loki.

The_Return
09-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Loki is confirmed, and has already been cast: Tom Hiddleston.

_V_'s post implies that there's going to be another villain, to be played by Colm Feore.

If they weren't going for younger actors, I think he would absolutely be a great Loki. But that was announced months ago...I'm rather intrigued who he'll be playing because, like you said, Thor doesn't really have a typical assortment of villains.

cheebacheeba
09-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Could be the absorbing man?
I mean he's bald, he's previously absorbed some of the power of the mjolnir and faught Thor a fair few times? I mean if it's an Earth-bound villain they're looking at?

Doc Faustus
09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
He could also be Skurge or Malekith.

_____V_____
10-05-2009, 09:16 PM
According to Swedish news site Ystads Allehanda, Stellan Skarsgård is the latest actor to join the cast of Thor.

Which character the Scandanavian actor will play is shrouded in mystery, though whatever the role, he'll certainly look the part of a Viking.

Skarsgård has popped up in the likes of Angels & Demons and Mamma Mia!, but is probably most familiar for his role as Bootstrap Bill in the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

Chris Hemsworth is already signed on to play Thor, Natalie Portman is Jane Foster and Tom Hiddleston is Loki.

Thor will be released in May 2011.

_____V_____
10-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Jon Favreau has confirmed that he'll be executive producing The Avengers, Marvel's 2012 superhero team-up, but has flatly discounted rumours that he'll be directing. "You need somebody who has the perspective of all the different franchises to bring them together," he told MTV. "I have the myopic vision of just knowing and loving Iron Man."

He also confirmed that Edward Norton won't be in it as The Incredible Hulk.

Not that much confirmation was needed, but the actor had recently been quoted as saying he thought the green behemoth would make a good Avengers adversary, leading to a certain amount of speculation that he was open for returning.

Anyway, back to Favreau: "I'll definitely have input and a say," he says, "but they'll have to find a different director. It's going to be hard, because I was so involved in creating the world of Iron Man and Iron Man is very much a tech-based hero, and then with Avengers you're going to be introducing some supernatural aspects because of Thor. How you mix the two of those works very well in the comic books, but it's going to take a lot of thoughtfulness to make that all work and not blow the reality that we've created."

_____V_____
10-19-2009, 10:40 AM
If the current rumors pan out then the big-screen version of Marvel's Thor may have added some more star wattage to its cast.

Ain't It Cool News points out an interview that German actor Matthias Schweighofer (Valkyrie, FearDotCom) did with the German edition of GQ Magazine wherein he claims to have won an unspecified role in Thor.

Not only that but Schweighofer also says that none other than Robert De Niro and Jude Law are in the movie as well.

Their roles also weren't specified.

Thor director Kenneth Branagh previously directed and co-starred opposite De Niro in Frankenstein, and he directed Law (a self-proclaimed comic book fan) in Sleuth.

In related news, Collider recently chatted with Stan Lee who confirmed that he's met with Branagh about doing a cameo for Thor, but doesn't know the details of it yet.

Also, during an interview with Movieline, actor Dominic Cooper (Mamma Mia, The History Boys) revealed that he's up for a role in Thor, but that nothing is final yet. The site speculated that he could play the role of Fandral, one of the Warriors Three.

So, if this rumor is true, who do you think De Niro and Law might play in Thor?

cheebacheeba
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Deniro, probably an elder Asguardian, or Volstagg, that would be funny...
Jude Law... a decent character would be Balder...but then, he's a BIG guy, perhaps Fandrall (he could look the part, Fandrall looks like the "prettyboy" asgardian)...if they bring current storylines into it, maybe the human character Bill, though he's a little more rugged than I think Law could feasibly pull off...

_____V_____
10-25-2009, 06:14 AM
Marvel Comics Editor in Chief Joe Quesada showed up at the Big Apple Comic-Con in New York City this past weekend, where he of course was asked about the slate of upcoming movies based on Marvel characters.

While Quesada's involvement in the Marvel film biz is surely limited -- he runs the comics side of things, after all -- he does have some inside info on the developing projects. Here's what he had to say about The First Avenger: Captain America, which he said sets up The Avengers in "a fantastic way."

"I've seen a couple of outlines and an initial screenplay, and it's going to rock everyone's socks off," he reports, according to Comic Book Resources. "It's very unexpected, the kind of movie it is."

Quesada added that there's an undisclosed wish list of actors to play the title character. He also talked about how some of the Marvel characters work better in live-action than others, citing Blade as a character who seems to succeed in film more than on the printed page. That led to a question from the audience about maintaining continuity -- that ever-important fanboy device -- between films, to which the EIC responded that Marvel's current lead-up to The Avengers is proof that it can work.

"It won't be the same exact continuity from the comics, but it'll feel very much like the Marvel continuity," he says.

The_Return
10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
A buddy of mine who usually knows his stuff when it comes to things like this told me today that Chris O'Donnell has been confirmed for Captain America. Sounds like more rumor mill to me - dug around a bit online and can't find much of anything.

Any of you guys heard this? Normally I'd write it off immediately, but I can usually trust this guy.

massacre man
10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
A buddy of mine who usually knows his stuff when it comes to things like this told me today that Chris O'Donnell has been confirmed for Captain America. Sounds like more rumor mill to me - dug around a bit online and can't find much of anything.

Any of you guys heard this? Normally I'd write it off immediately, but I can usually trust this guy.

... Robin?

The_Return
10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
... Robin?

That'd be the one. I'm not completely sold on the idea myself, but at least he'd be better than Channing Tatum or something.

Still, I haven't any reason to believe this is legit, so we probably don't have to worry.

_____V_____
10-30-2009, 04:37 AM
The Mighty Thor may finally have found his father, with the news that Anthony Hopkins is in talks to play the one-eyed Norse Allfather Odin (aka Woden, Wotan, or if you're a Neil Gaiman fan, Mr Wednesday) in Kenneth Branagh's mythic Marvel epic.

Maybe he's had his enthusiasm for big-budget Hollywood reignited with The Wolfman, or maybe it was Branagh's involvement that persuaded him, but either way, it'll be great to see Hopkins back in a blockbuster, and he joins a stonking cast which, you'll know by now, also includes Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki (Odin's other, adopted son), Natalie Portman as nurse Jane Foster, and Jamie Alexander as the Lady Sif (plus Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury and Stellan Skarsgard in a still unspecified role).

As portrayed in the comics, Odin ought to be considerably more dressed and less drunk than Hopkins' turn as King Hrothgar in Beowulf. You need a clear head to wield the Odinforce.

Yes, you've got to admire the eclectic cast that Branagh is building around Marvel's Norse god hero. And if the rumours that Robert De Niro, Colm Feore and Jude Law have signed on ever turn out to be true (though that's looking increasingly unlikely), we can't wait to see this lot in action…

Ferox13
10-30-2009, 05:17 AM
With a bit of a Bulk up - Eric would be good:

http://thingsididntbuytoday.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/300px-eric_northman.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/ferox-13/El%20Snuffo/Banner-BGsmall.jpg
DownLoad it here (http://members.upc.ie/fer0x13/El Snuffo Halloween Podcast 2009 (128Kbps).mp3)

_____V_____
11-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Ed Norton has once again been grilled about the future of the Hulk and Avenger movies, and once again he doesn't sound that enthusiastic or hopeful about his future involvement.

The Incredible Hulk star was speaking to Aint It Cool and had this to say about the state of the franchises: "I'm not even sure deep inside the minds of Marvel how they are planning to string that stuff out, but I don't think any of if is imminent, I don't know."

Norton also said that he would only get involved again if Marvel came up with some interesting ideas: "Things like that to me are always completely dependent on what they make of it. It's like anything can be the crappy version of itself or the great version of itself and if it's the great version of itself, then that's one thing. If they don't get it right, then I don't know, then I think… A lot of it depends on what they come up with."

The Avengers is currently pencilled in for a May 2012 release, and a sequel to The Incredible Hulk has not been green-lit, yet.

_____V_____
11-14-2009, 09:13 AM
The god of thunder is ready for his close-up.

Production Weekly tweets that Marvel Studios' Thor movie will begin filming mid-January in Los Angeles. Production on the Kenneth Branagh-directed film will then shift to Santa Fe, New Mexico, where it will reportedly lens from March till late-April. Marvel's L.A. base is at Raleigh Studios in Manhattan Beach.

The epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Chris Hemsworth (Star Trek) will play the title role. The cast also includes Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Jaimie Alexander as Sif, and Colm Feore in an unspecified villain role.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce Thor.

The film will be released in the U.S. on May 20, 2011 and distributed by Paramount Pictures.

_____V_____
11-17-2009, 07:40 AM
The ranks of Asgard are just about full!

Marvel Studios reports that the Warriors Three will be joining Thor in all of his frosty battles, and as usual, Kenneth Branagh has done a bang up job with the casting.

Stuart Townsend, Tadanobu Asano, and Ray Stevenson have joined the cast as Fandral, Hogun, and Volstagg, respectively. Ray Stevenson, last seen in Punisher: War Zone, Battle In Seattle's Stuart Townsend and Japanese actor Tadanobu Asano, probably best known for Mongol: The Rise Of Genghis Khan, have signed up to play the Asgardian adventurers who fight alongside Thor in the film.

The official announcement comes on the heels of Zachary Levi revealing to USA Weekend that he had been cast as Fandral, but was forced to drop out due to an extended Chuck workload.

Filming begins in January 2010, and from there it'll just be one big geeky countdown.

_____V_____
11-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Another day, another cast member for Kenneth Branagh's Marvel Comics blockbuster Thor.

Earlier this week: The Warriors Three (Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson and Tadanobu Asano).

Today: Heimdall, who'll be played by The Wire and The Office (US) star Idris Elba.

Heimdall is the brother of Sif (Jamie Alexander) and the guardian of Asgard, who stands sentry on the "rainbow bridge" Bifrost, the only way in or out of Chez Odin. He's super-strong and super-fast, and has super-senses that allow him to hear Earth from Asgard (and indeed "to detect the fluttering of a butterfly's wings a thousand worlds away"). He wears excellent armour, and likes an edged weapon, especially his enchanted sword that allows him to assume mortal form.

Weirdly, for someone on the same side, he's given to battling Thor. In his earliest appearances he battled Thor to prevent him entering Asgard, then again to prevent him leaving, and there have been numerous spats since. All about the battling then, but basically, he's on the side of the gods.

Once again, interesting casting, for an actor best known for his scheming and verbose turn on The Wire, and less recognisable for being a badass (although he was in Buffalo Soldiers and RocknRolla). But this cast keeps on impresssing. Who next, one wonders?

_____V_____
11-24-2009, 04:50 AM
If the cast of Marvel’s Thor continues to swell at its current rate, pretty soon there won’t be an actor on Earth who won’t have some sort of part in it. Even Joe Swash might get the call at some point.

That’s because, hot on the heels of the news that the godlike Idris Elba has signed on to play the ungodlike Heimdall (because he’s, well, an actual god), Kat Dennings has also come on board, joining the already-cast Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Ray Stevenson, Tadanobu Asano, Stuart Townsend, Jaimie Alexander, Jedward, Jermain Defoe and the cast of the West End production of Inherit The Wind.

No word yet on who Dennings, the lovely and talented indie chick who lit up Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist with her deadpan charms, will play in the Kenneth Branagh-directed epic, but the rumour mill has her playing an assistant to Portman’s Thor-snogging scientist, Jane Foster. In fact, Portman herself let slip the news about Dennings’ casting in an interview with MTV News. The scamp.

But while we’re here, let’s throw another bone onto the rumour fire – what if, just what if, Dennings has been tapped to play sinister villainess The Enchantress? Now that we’d like to see. But on a production as secretive as Thor, we probably won’t know for sure until it comes out on Blu-ray.

_____V_____
11-27-2009, 09:25 AM
As the Thor casting rumours rumble ever onwards, there's one thing fans of the comic-book hero have been dying to learn: whether his alter-ego, Dr Donald Blake, will be appearing in the movie.

The partially disabled doctor was Thor's Earthly persona after he lost his powers and was stranded here with no memory of who he was.

After a while, he came to realise that he could transform between the doctor and the god whenever he wanted. In the comics, his walking stick became his mighty hammer after he tapped it on the ground.

Thanks to a movie source having a little whisper in the ear of Ain't It Cool News, however, it looks as though there'll be no hammer-tapping for us.

The source has confirmed that most of the film's action will be set on Earth rather than the lofty realms of Asgard, but in this treatment, Thor retains his powers and Blake isn't needed.

Should the writers have gone with the comics, or their judgement on this big-screen reboot is justified? Only time will tell.

massacre man
11-27-2009, 09:28 AM
his walking stick became his mighty hammer after he tapped it on the ground.

I'm not a Thor reader but... Does that seem... inconvenient to anybody else?

cheebacheeba
11-27-2009, 03:56 PM
You mean like, if it was actually a walking stick, wouldn't Blake be "activating" Thor by mistake all the time?
...I'd thought of that...ha
but yeah he's kinda gotta more like SMASH it on the ground

Doc Faustus
11-29-2009, 08:47 AM
And it is an act of will instead of like everytime it gets tapped on the ground. I'm pretty certain, for example, if Billy Batson were watching Gomer Pyle and imitating him saying "Shazam!", he would not turn into Captain Marvel.

neverending
11-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I bet he would!

Doc Faustus
11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder why Gomer Pyle never accidentally became Captain Marvel, a superhero I kind of like. Acronym powers are pretty badass.

neverending
11-29-2009, 01:37 PM
He wasn't Billy Batson!

Doc Faustus
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
You'd think the wizard would have chosen an adult who already said Shazam instead of a child for whom it seems kind of forced.

neverending
11-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Billy was pure of heart!

Doc Faustus
11-29-2009, 02:57 PM
I wish I had a magic acronym. I'd use it to to rid the world of Nicholas Cage. Wicker Man, Bad Lieutenant, Bangkok Dangerous and possibly the Fly? If I found me a wizard, even Uncle Frank couldn't save that bastard.

Ferox13
11-30-2009, 08:56 AM
I wish I had a magic acronym. I'd use it to to rid the world of Nicholas Cage. Wicker Man, Bad Lieutenant, Bangkok Dangerous and possibly the Fly? If I found me a wizard, even Uncle Frank couldn't save that bastard.

He's not that bad ALL OF THE TIME.

I liked him in Wild at heart and Kiss of Death alot.

He was decent in alot of others - Red Rock West, Bringing Out the Dead and Adaptation. He's also in my top 5 of actors who played Fu Manchu...

Granted he has made just shit lately but there are definally other actor deserving more hate..

Is Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans that crap - I seen another member give it an a great review?

massacre man
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM

But he was in Raising Arizona. :(

neverending
11-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Cage is a great actor who's gotten a bit lost.

Ferox13
11-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Cage is a great actor who's gotten a bit lost.

He definally has a poor choice in scripts lately for sure but yeah he's definally an actor I like..

massacre man
11-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Isn't he supposed to be in talks for one of Sean's movies?

Doc Faustus
11-30-2009, 12:35 PM
No, he is in talks for the shitty remake of one of Sean's movies that soils its memory. It'll take about ten years before the whole thing pans out, but when it does, boy will people be disappointed. Yes, Raising Arizona was great. Which is why I want to see it remade with Seann William Scott from American Pie and Paris Hilton so that he can know the pain he's inflicted on other films.

Ferox13
11-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Which remake is it?

Doc Faustus
11-30-2009, 12:50 PM
One that I fabricated.

_____V_____
12-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Jeremy Renner, breakout star of The Hurt Locker, has spoken out again on the rumours that he'll be playing Hawkeye for Marvel.

The net has been a-buzz with news that Jeremy Renner has been cast as Hawkeye in Thor and The Avengers, after he said that he had been in talks with the studio.

He thinks he may have to wait a while before he gets any confirmation though.

He says: "They were just talking, 'Like maybe we should consider maybe hiring Hawkeye now' but there's no director on Avengers so they don't want to force-feed the director".

Renner also hints at a more reality-based take on the character: "It's not going to be the guy with the big purple (mask), it's not going to be a guy in tights".

"It's going to be a guy in sunglasses and a vest".

Renner certainly seems like a good fit for the role, as he can handle the action, and has proven his acting chops in intense roles.

massacre man
12-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Hawkeye was the one Avenger I was hoping wouldn't be in the movie. :(

Doc Faustus
12-02-2009, 10:22 AM
It's a crappy powerset and I agree, he's a poor man's Oliver Queen, but Hawkeye is a necessary personality on the team. I'm just hoping there's no Scarlet Witch.

cheebacheeba
12-02-2009, 04:51 PM
It's not going to be the guy with the big purple (mask), it's not going to be a guy in tights
So it's gonna be the villain/traitor he was introduced as perhaps? I don't see this being a bad thing...and he was more or less an assassin IMO that would make him MORE of a marksman than the other arrow guy...

_____V_____
12-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Rene Russo has joined the cast of "Thor," with the actress set to play Frigga, the mother of Marvel Entertainment’s hammer-wielding Norse hero.

Kenneth Branagh is helming the actioner that starts lensing in January and stars Chris Hemsworth as Thor.

Paramount will release the pic on May 20, 2011.

As the wife of Norse god Odin, to be played by Anthony Hopkins in the film, Frigga is the queen of Asgard. She’s also the mother of Thor and Loki, the pic’s primary villain, portrayed by Tom Hiddleston.

Natalie Portman is playing Thor’s love interest.

Mark Protosevich and Zack Stentz penned the script, which has the powerful but arrogant warrior Thor reigniting an ancient war. As punishment, Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans. Once here, he learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends dark forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

_____V_____
12-20-2009, 06:37 AM
A claim that The First Avenger: Captain America could be filmed in the UK has prompted speculation that Marvel character Union Jack features in the script.

According to Comic Book Movie, an operator of Independent Studio Services posted a message on Twitter which read: "Marvel films is considering filming Captain America in the UK, WTF!"

Marvel president Kevin Fiege has already been quoted as saying that the movie "will be one of the most international films Marvel Studios has done".

In addition to rumours that Union Jack, also known as James Montgomery Falsworth, might therefore appear in the film, there has been renewed speculation linking Tyrese to the role of Isaiah Bradley.

When he launched his comic book hero Mayhem, Tyrese told MTV News: "Instead of me sitting back and waiting on Luke Cage to finally happen - which I'm still looking forward to doing once they get the script together - and instead of me waiting on Captain America, which they were talking about me for, I'm going to create my own."

The First Avenger: Captain America, to which Joe Johnston is attached to direct, is due for release on July 22, 2011.

cheebacheeba
12-20-2009, 06:57 AM
Cool, so Blacktain America is in this one too?
It would be cool if part of the storyline pertained to Rogers uncovering the "conspiracy" about all that...

massacre man
12-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Cool, so Blacktain America is in this one too?
It would be cool if part of the storyline pertained to Rogers uncovering the "conspiracy" about all that...

When I read that I thought they had actually went ahead and cast Will Smith.

_____V_____
12-29-2009, 09:49 PM
News broke over the weekend that Marvel Studios will begin shooting The First Avenger: Captain America in June 2010.

Captain America will at that time be the fourth Marvel Superhero to make it onto film following the recently formed Marvel Studios joining the fellow Avengers, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and Thor.

The news broke during an interview with Fangoria magazine. “The Wolfman” director, Joe Johnston dropped literally the briefest of tidbits during a promo interview for his latest horror flick:

Principal photography was now less than four weeks away. “By the time I got on a plane and arrived, it was three,” recalls Johnston, speaking from the art department of THE FIRST AVENGER:CAPTAIN AMERICA, which he’s readying for a June start.”

Very little else is known at this point about the project although fan speculation has been rife as to who will don the iconic stars and stripes outfit for Captain America’s first big screen outing. Among other names thrown into the pot have been Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey and Jensen Ackles.

_____V_____
01-10-2010, 08:53 PM
When Kenneth Branagh starts shooting Thor today, he'll be doing it without Stuart Townsend, who has dropped out of the film due to unspecified "creative differences".

You might recall that a similar situation occurred on Lord Of The Rings, when Townsend was either dropped or left the film just before it began shooting (reports differ) and handed Viggo Mortensen the role of a lifetime.

This time, however, it's not such a big part of the movie, and the actor he's been replaced with is largely a newcomer.

Joshua Dallas, who appeared in The Descent Part 2 and is part of the cast for World War Two pilot drama Red Tails, has stepped into the role of Fandral, one of the Warriors Three team of Asgardian warriors (Ray Stevenson and Tadanobu Asano play the other two) who fight alongside Chris Hemsworth's hero.

A scooper for Ain't it Cool News claims that Townsend was "fired from Thor due to showing up 6 hours late for a screen test."

_____V_____
01-19-2010, 08:16 AM
When the dust settles on Marvel's movie universe, who will be the ultimate winner?

Clark Gregg.

The quiet Agent Coulson was just an afterthought to many Iron Man moviegoers (and a big wink-wink to Marvel fans), but now he's becoming the key to the entire universe.

Variety reports that he's set to follow-up his Iron Man 2 appearance with one in Thor. Naturally, it's all leading to The Avengers, which Thor inadvertently helped assemble thanks to being unable to handle Loki all by his lonesome.

Those whose glory has never been denied can have fun speculating on how Agent Coulson and SHIELD get wind of a blond thunder god hanging around the mortal plane.

Will he pop up continuously through the movie trying to get Thor to set a meeting, or demand to know why he hasn't responded to his phone calls?
Or will he just show up at the end, and hand him his card?

All we know for sure is that Gregg has landed one of the sweetest gigs in franchise history because he just has to show up.

Rumors are also rampant that Tony Stark might make an appearance in Thor. The sharp-eyed couldn't help but notice that Robert Downey Jr. was sporting the Tony Stark goatee at the Golden Globes.

Did he just want to remind everyone what was coming in May 2010?
Is it for re-shoots?
A Thor cameo?
Or both?

No one knows, but this is the trivia that we have to fill the winter and spring months with.

_____V_____
01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Speaking with SFX Magazine [via WorldOfSuperheroes.com], Kevin Feige, President of Production for Marvel Studios, confirmed that the Hulk will be in their epic superhero crossover film, The Avengers. Says Feige:

“Its fun now and we are introducing some new characters in these films…But its not about cramming in lots of new people…that’s sort of the cardinal sin of the sequel, adding too many characters….My only concern is that when we launch a franchise…whichever character’s franchise that may be, it should stand on its own two feet. With Iron Man being the first one out of the gate, thank goodness that’s what happened. Everyone loved it. Its our job to do the same with Thor and Captain America two years from now, so by the time The Avengers comes in 2012 its not just a team super hero movie with a bunch of characters with powers, its three people, four including Hulk, five including Nick Fury-who you have seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time.”

The Hulk’s involvement was in doubt because both Ang Lee’s Hulk (2003) and Louis Leterrier’s The Incredible Hulk (2008) flopped at the box office. Additionally, Edward Norton has appeared ambivalent about returning to play the character in an Avengers movie. Now that we know we’re getting the Hulk, the question becomes who will play him and will the character smash or not (my guess: smash). Feige doesn’t exactly make a promise here, but if he’s being honest they certainly seem to want Norton on the job. Here’s his answer when asked if the actor will return:

I think there’s a chance, its certainly our intention to use the same actors from film to film where we can.

Of the three individual Marvel superheroes going to Avengers, Kenneth Branagh has the most difficult job as he has to bring a Norse god down to our world without making it look silly. But Feige says they got it covered:

“No, I don’t think it will be difficult because that’s what Thor is. We’re doing the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby/Walt Simonson/J Michael Straczynski Thor. We’re not doing the blow the dust of the old Norse book in your library Thor and in the Thor of the Marvel universe there’s a race called The Asgardians, and we’re linked through this tree of life that we’re unaware of. Its real science, but we don’t know about it yet. The Thor movie is about teaching people that.”

A final note about Wasp and Ant Man: I don’t think Feige is saying they won’t be in the film, just that we won’t be seeing them in other pictures before. So, by extension, can we expect World’s End or Baby Driver from Edgar Wright next? And will he ever even get to make his Ant Man movie? Let’s see.

Thor is slated to hit theaters on May 6, 2011.

The Avengers is set for May 4, 2012.

_____V_____
01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Now that the long, hard slog of work on the troubled Wolfman remake is finally clawing to a close, Joe Johnston is turning his attention full time to working on Marvel's The First Avenger: Captain America. And he's finally able to say a bit more about it.

"We're in prep," Johnston tells Film Journal (via the folks at Coming Soon).

"Rick Heinrichs is production-designing and we're set up down in Manhattan Beach, California."

Looks like Kenneth Branagh's Thor is getting a studio stablemate.

Johnston seems to be enjoying this part of his job, and you can hardly blame him after the hell of Wolfman.

"It's the part of the process that I love the most. We have eight or 10 really talented artists, and we all just sit around all day and draw pictures and say, 'Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we could do this?' It's that phase of the production where money doesn't matter: ‘Let's put all the greatest stuff up on the wall and then later see what we can afford.'"

And it looks like they'll be budgeting for some period work. "The film begins in 1942, 1943, during World War Two. The stuff in the ’60s and ’70s comic books we're sort of avoiding. We're going back to the ’40s, and then forward to what they're doing with Captain America now."

Would it work? Cap fans...?

_____V_____
02-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Joe Johnston has been bigging up his next movie during publicity duties for The Wolfman. Everybody knows he’s directing Marvel’s latest screen superhero flick, Captain America, but who will be cast as America’s greatest hero?

Well, Johnston gave Sci-fi Wire, this to chew over:

“We have a very short list, but we’re still juggling actors here. I’d say within the next couple of weeks we’ll have ourselves a Captain America, I hope.”

So who is on this “very short list?”

Nobody knows!

It’ll probably be some vapid t.v. teeny bopper they cast though, since this certain superhero is not going to be embraced worldwide.

As reported last week, the film begins during WW2 with Cpt. America kicking Nazi arse then moves to the present day.

Interestingly, the film is slated for a June start date…in England. Obviously, Captain America is not so keen on rescuing the American economy right now. So wait and see is the word on this. Johnston is a solid journeyman director who will deliver on nothing special, but nothing terrible either. Probably what the studio want for this title.

_____V_____
02-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Calm, deep breath - but Jon Favreau might have just dropped the biggest hint about The Avengers movie yet.

In a recent tweeting session, Favreau was asked if Iron Man 2 takes place before or after the Incredible Hulk - to which he sharply replied 'before'.

Now we know what your thinking, what's the big deal with that?

Hardly matters right?

Wrong!

Cast your mind back to the end of The Incredible Hulk movie, which ended with Tony Stark recruiting General Ross for his "team" - and everything becomes a lot more clear.

Favreau's tweet is not just some throwaway comment but points towards something much bigger, and the only logical conclusion is The Avengers.

The permutations suggest's that Iron Man 2 will possibly feature members of the Avengers putting the "team" together.

Couple that with the fact we've already seen Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury in the official Iron Man 2 trailer and you've got excitement levels at death con three!

But is this all getting a bit complicated?

Will we really see all those superheroes, played by the same actors (Captain America hasn’t even been made yet!), in a big Marvel movie?

It would take a gargantuan effort to pull that one off. Plus, Edward Norton threw his toys out of the pram during the post-production on Louis Leterrier’s film and refused to do publicity and didn’t much like the film.

Well, characters have been crossing over into each others movies, so it better be for something other than a nice “reference” to the Marvel universe.

So will a big, bad Marvel smackdown be on its way in the near future?

Is there a grand scheme?

We want answers, godammit!

_____V_____
02-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Chris Pine - AKA Captain Kirk in Star Trek - is the latest actor to be linked with the role of Captain America.

A scooper for CinemaSpy reports: "Paramount and Marvel are pretty close to closing a deal on casting Steve Rogers/Captain America and fans might be excited to learn that the short list includes somebody a lot of fans speculated about, Chris Pine. From what I'm hearing, he's the frontrunner right now, though that could change."

The news is uncorroborated, so should be treated as speculation for the moment. If Pine does sign on for the part, he'll have to juggle the role with playing Kirk in future Star Trek movies and Jack Ryan in Paramount's reboot of the Tom Clancy series.

According to The First Avenger: Captain America director Joe Johnston however, a casting announcement is due in the next couple of weeks as filming is set to begin this June, so we'll know soon enough if the news is true.

_____V_____
03-03-2010, 08:59 AM
The synopsis for The First Avenger: Captain America might have been released thanks to a casting announcement on featurecasting.com.

Also, thanks to the same release, it’s looking like filming is set to begin on June 28, 2010.

With a release date of July 22, 2011, and the fact that director Joe Johnston recently saying he’s busy in pre-production, the filming date sounds pretty accurate.

If you’re interested in reading the synopsis, here’s what was posted:

Born during the Great Depression, Steve Rogers grew up a frail youth in a poor family. Horrified by the newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe, Rogers was inspired to enlist in the army. However, because of his frailty and sickness, he was rejected.

Overhearing the boy’s earnest plea, General Chester Phillips offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a special experiment… Operation: Rebirth. After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the Super-Soldier Serum and bombarded by ‘vita-rays.’

Steve Rogers emerged from the treatment with a body as perfect as a body can be and still be human. Rogers was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program.

Three months later, he was given his first assignment as Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and battle savvy, Captain America has continued his war against evil both as a sentinel of liberty and as leader of the Avengers.

If you’ve read the comics, this sounds dead on. The thing to realize is…this isn’t going to be the final synopsis for the film, but one they can send out to casting agencies without giving away the movie. Notice no mention of who Captain America fights or what happens after he becomes a super soldier. But for now…it’s something.

With Joe Johnston elaborating that he was hoping to have casting done by March 1, expect the person who will play Captain America to be revealed any day now. John Krasinski, Scott Porter, Garrett Hedlund, Jensen Ackles, Chace Crawford, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel are all on the list as potential leads.

More as we get it.

Also, Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada teased fans via his Twitter account that a screenplay for the The Avengers has, indeed, been written:

Definition of "goose bumps." Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled "AVENGERS" come out of my printer.

It's official, I have the greatest job in the world.

Marvel Entertainment often uses its staff to comment and aide the process of adapting a comic book property into a movie. What draft of the script, written by The Incredible Hulk screenwriter Zak Penn, though it would conceivably be early considering that Penn was writing the outline of the movie last summer and both Thor and First Avenger: Captain America — two movies with an obviously huge impact on The Avengers — are far from completion.

Still, fans that will have to wait until 2012 to see the finished product have to be salivating over Quesada's tease.

_____V_____
03-12-2010, 03:46 AM
While Marvel Studios still has yet to announce their final choice for Captain America, they have revealed their choice to play the film’s villain. HeatVision reports that Hugo Weaving (The Matrix, Lord of the Rings) is in final talks to play the villainous Red Skull in The First Avenger: Captain America.

In the comic books, Red Skull is Johann Shmidt, appointed by Adolf Hitler as the “head of Nazi terrorist activities with an additional large role in external espionage and sabotage.”

According to Marvel.com:

“Hitler gave Schmidt an unique uniform with a grotesque red skull mask, and he emerged as the Red Skull. His role was the embodiment of Nazi intimidation, while Hitler could remain the popular leader of Germany. … He was spectacularly successful, wreaking havoc throughout Europe in the early stages of World War II. The propaganda effect was so great that the United States government decided to counter it by creating their own equivalent using the recipient of the lost Project Rebirth, Steve Rogers, Captain America. The two counterparts soon clashed in what would be a series of engagements throughout the war, ending with a final battle that left the Skull buried under the rubble of a bombed building. Because he was immediately exposed to an experimental gas there, he remained in suspended animation for decades. Johann was eventually rescued in modern times by the terrorist organization, HYDRA. The Skull quickly subverted a cell to his own ambitions of world conquest and the death of Captain America.

The Red Skull was a genius at military, political, and subversive strategy. His brilliance was comparable to that of Napoleon. The Red Skull was a fine hand-to-hand combatant, although he was never a match for Captain America. The Red Skull was also a skilled marksman with various forms of handguns.

The Red Skull’s most infamous weapon was his so-called “dust of death.” The chemical composition of this powder is unknown, but it kills a victim within seconds of making contact with the victim’s skin, causing the skin on the victim’s head to tighten, shrivel, and take on a red discoloration, while causing all the hair on the victim’s head to fall out. As a result, the victim’s corpse appears to have a “red skull” for a head. While committing murders with this weapon, the Skull often hummed, whistled, or played a tape recording of Chopin’s funeral march, which was also the Skull’s trademark music when he committed murders in the early 1940’s. The Skull could fire his “dust of death” from a special handgun.“

Weaving’s reportedly just about to sign the contract, while negotiations are at a critical stage.

His involvement definitely gives fans hope that the folks at Marvel will make the right choice when it comes to casting America. Weaving is a perfect fit for the Red Skull, boasting both the physical wiles and mental agility required to play such a conniving, malicious villain.

Expect news of America’s casting soon also.

The_Return
03-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Perfect, perfect casting. Very happy about this one - can't wait to see who they get for Cap. Nobody on their shortlist really seems perfect for the part, but there are some interesting possibilities for sure.

_____V_____
03-17-2010, 07:28 AM
One of the biggest questions in regards to Marvel's upcoming slate of Avengers-related movies — next to who will play Captain America — is whether Edward Norton will appear again as the Hulk in either a sequel, a cameo in other Marvel movies, or The Avengers movie opening in 2012.

This weekend at the SXSW Film Festival, Norton spoke to every media source on the topic, telling Cinematical that The Incredible Hulk 2 probably wasn't likely to happen.

I don't think so. I think it has got more to do with what Marvel is doing. I get the sense they have this grand vision of unspooling a lot of their characters and then starting to put them together. I think they can only do so many at a time. Obviously, they are doing Iron Man 2 and then getting some of the new ones out.

When asked about Hulk 2 by MTV, Norton sounded slightly more positive about a sequel.

We'll see what they [Marvel] want to do. I figure it's a ways down the road if it's going to happen.

Norton also said he doubted a cameo from him would "uplift" Captain America or Thor. As for an appearance in The Avengers, Norton said he was open to a return last year, and in another recent interview with MTV, mentioned that he'd like Incredible Hulk director Louis Leterrier to direct the movie as long as he is granted more freedom.

I loved Louis Leterrier. I thought he was just the greatest guy. I wish they'd given him more free reign than they did. The thing that was so cool about seeing The Dark Night was seeing that those guys really let Chris Nolan go there. They let him go long and dark and deep and we had been trying that and I think they weren't as comfortable with it.

Leterrier has mentioned on several occasions that he would be interested in the Avengers gig if it was offered to him.

Doc Faustus
03-17-2010, 08:12 AM
I like Leterrier and thought Incredible Hulk was great.

_____V_____
03-24-2010, 06:42 PM
It's official: Chris Evans is Captain America.

Reports surfaced on Friday that the actor -- best known to fanboys as the Human Torch from the Fantastic Four movies -- had been offered the job by Marvel. And now the Heat Vision blog has confirmed that the actor has accepted the role of Steve Rogers, the 90-pound weakling who through a government experiment is turned into the pinnacle of human perfection -- the star-spangled Avenger known as Captain America.

"Sources tell us the actor has not only accepted Marvel's offer," says the site, "but that the dealmaking moved so fast it's now all about dotting the i's and crossing the t's."

The news follows what turned out to be a long and laborious casting search for the role, a pivotal one in the Marvel universe. Cap is not only one of the marquee heroes of Marvel, but he's also typically portrayed as the leader of the Avengers. The casting for his live-action incarnation was no doubt complicated by various factors, namely that the actor who plays him will have to go from a zero to hero in his origin tale and then also be able to convey the gravitas of a leader of men on the battlefield -- and of superheroes in the eventual Avengers movie. And he'll have to have the acting chops to stand alongside the likes of Robert Downey, Jr. on-screen.

Marvel thinks Evans can pull all this off... and more. The actor beat out many familiar and not-so-familiar names to win the role, including John Krasinski (The Office), Sebastian Stan (Kings), Channing Tatum (G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra), Ryan Phillippe (Crash), Mike Vogel (Cloverfield), Wilson Bethel (Generation Kill), Chace Crawford (Gossip Girl), Garrett Hedlund (Tron: Legacy), Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights), Michael Cassidy (Privileged), Patrick Flueger (Brothers) and Jensen Ackles (Supernatural).

fuglystick
03-24-2010, 07:27 PM
It's strange to see Evans cast as a different character in another Marvel property, but the FF movies were pretty lame anyway. My only reservation is that Evans frequently gets cast as the wisecracker, which is completely out of character for CA, but he's a competent enough actor he should be able to pull off Steve Rogers.

My first choice personally would have been Tatum.

The_Return
03-24-2010, 07:30 PM
My first choice personally would have been Tatum.

Really?

He vaguely looks the part, but he's easily one of the worst big-name actors working today. I'd prefer Will Smith as Cap over that douche.

Anyway, I'm pretty content with Chris Evans. Wouldn't have thought of him myself, but I think he can see him pulling it off. Was pretty intrigued to see what Krasinski would have done with the role so he was my top pick, but realistically they probably made the better choice.

_____V_____
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
A couple weeks ago, Sebastian Stan was on the rumored list of actors in whom Marvel was interested for the role of Steve Rogers, aka Captain America. That role went to Chris Evans, but Stan must have made some impression on Marvel. (Or he’s got a great agent.)

The actor has been cast as Bucky, who is essentially this story’s version of Robin. Stan is best known for Gossip Girl and he just completed the Darren Aronofsky-directed Black Swan and the Todd Lincoln-directed The Apparition. He also was just seen playing the nemesis in Hot Tub Time Machine.

Deadline reports that Stan is about to sign to play the character, described as “the sidekick who fights side by side with the shield-throwing superhero.”

As with young sidekick characters, who are so easy to kill off, more than one Bucky has graced comic pages over the years. The original, James Buchanan “Bucky” Barnes, was an orphan from Indiana whose father was killed in training just prior to WWII. He became the camp mascot, and befriended Steve Rogers. He eventually caught Rogers changing into his Captain America uniform and was trained as Cap’s partner.

This version of the character will obviously be different, and significantly older. Devin at CHUD posted a recap of one storyline not long ago that might point to what we’ll see Stan play in the film:

There’s a version of Bucky in the 90s miniseries The Adventures of Captain America, Sentinel of Liberty that feels like it would fit perfectly in this film: a brash street tough who befriends the completely square Steve Rogers, this Bucky could help Steve go AWOL.

THR confirms the casting, and says that Marvel will only say that, yes, Stan is playing the character. There’s no word on whether we’ll see Bucky’s “death” and rebirth in the final film, but since Stan has apparently signed a multi-film, Marvel-standard contract, don’t count on him staying dead even if he does meet a lethal fate.

Marvel is also close to setting the female lead role of Peggy, and recently tested Keira Knightley, Alice Eve and Emily Blunt for that role.

QuisCustodiet
04-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Ive only seen this Stan guy in The Covenant which was pretty awful. He looks like he could pull off some kind of Bucky interpretation though so I guess well see.

_____V_____
04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Over decades of Marvel Comics history, Captain America has been the leader of Earth’s mightiest heroes, The Avengers – but on the big screen, “The First Avenger: Captain America” leading man, Chris Evans, says he’s not sure if Cap will run the squad.

“I don’t know if they’re going to make him the boss,” Chris told MTV News at WonderCon over the weekend.

He added that the presence in the 2012-slated “Avengers” film of Robert Downey Jr., who plays Iron Man/Tony Stark, would make even Captain America intimidated.

“I don’t think anybody tells Downey what to do, and that’s what makes [him] Downey,” Chris said.

With “Iron Man 2” due this summer and further set-up films “Thor” and “Captain America” on their way in 2011, several of the pieces of hero team-up film “The Avengers” are beginning to come together – including a possible director.

The Los Angeles Times’ Hero Complex blog reported that Marvel Studios “insiders” confirmed that Joss Whedon is on a “short-list” for the director’s chair of the summer 2012 tent-pole, after online reports broke last week.

However, a Marvel source told Access Hollywood that the “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” and “Dollhouse” creator is on a short-list for “Runaways” – a youth-oriented, lesser-known Marvel property that’s also in feature film development, and happens to be a series for which Whedon himself wrote for a time.

The source did not comment on “The Avengers” reports.

When reached by Access, Marvel reps would not comment on the writer-director’s possible connection to either film.

QuisCustodiet
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Whedon would be perfect for Runaways but not Avengers. I want Favreau.

_____V_____
04-27-2010, 07:53 AM
(via IGN)

April 23, 2010 - We knew that Nick Fury was going to be in the Captain America movie. Samuel L. Jackson, the actor who plays him in the Marvel movies, acknowledged that this week.

But now we have on-the-record confirmation of some rumblings of awhile back: that Fury's World War II teammates will also appear in the movie.

CHUD spoke to Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige today who confirmed that Sgt. Fury's elite squad, the Howling Commandos, will be in Captain America.

"The characters will be there as part of the larger Marvel Universe," Feige informed the site, although the characters may not necessarily be referred to as "The Howling Commandos" in the film. Feige specifically named one Howling Commando, Gabe Jones, who is set to appear.

"Feige also said there was an international component [to the film]," according to CHUD. The site wasn't sure if this meant that The Invaders were indeed going to appear in the film -- or that they will actually be called that if they do show up in it.

It's entirely possible that Marvel could mix and match members of both the Invaders and the Howling Commandos and have them fight alongside Cap in the movie. Another big question is whether we'll see Jackson's Nick Fury in the World War II sequences, or if he'll only appear in the modern day segments.

_____V_____
05-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Lo and behold!

Chris Hemsworth as...

THE MIGHTY THOR!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/Thor.jpg

_____V_____
05-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Toby Jones, last seen in Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll and Frost/Nixon, has signed on to play another of Captain America’s villains: mad scientist Arnim Zola.

Zola is an expert biochemist and genetic tinkerer who works for the Nazis creating clones and monstrous creatures. He also perfects a method of transferring brain patterns between bodies, most notably using it to put his own mind into a robot, thereby surviving World War Two and living into modern times.

The crazed genius happens to be one of the biggest thorns in the side of the Avengers, so chances are we could see him in more than one movie.

But with Hugo Weaving already playing the film’s Big Bad, Red Skull, does this mean that yet another Marvel character will suffer from Too Many Villains Syndrome? Only time will tell.

Zero
05-08-2010, 01:59 PM
saw iron man 2 today - thor's hammer is pretty cool at the end. there is also a cameo of cap's shield (although it is in pieces so maybe a prototype?)

picture of thor and seeing the hammer almost makes me think they can pull off Thor. personally my biggest fanboy dream is to see hulk hit iron man (i like downey but he is so smug as iron man i really just want to see the big green guy wipe the smirk off his face - at least once) starting to look forward to avengers!!!

_____V_____
05-25-2010, 10:19 AM
As revealed to an even wider audience in the two Iron Man movies, Tony Stark’s dad, Howard, had a crucial role to play in helping to found the S.H.I.E.L.D team back around the time of World War Two.

So it should be no surprise to learn that he’ll crop up in Captain America: The First Avenger in a younger incarnation than the one who helped his son out via the magic of convenient film reel.

Which brings us to the matter of who’d play him, since John Slattery, who got the role for Iron Man 2, is a little bit old to be playing Howard at 30 or younger.

So we’re intrigued – if cautious – to learn that Mamma Mia/An Education’s Dominic Cooper might just be slipping into Stark’s sharp suit.

We add the cautionary part because Salon’s interview with the man at Cannes drops only the tiniest reference to him cropping up in Captain America and at no time during the filmed version of the chat does he actually say he’s got the role. Plus, Marvel has been steadily making announcements about casting on the movie, so you think the company would have shouted about finding a Howard.

So consider this still floating in the ghostly chasm between rumour and reality for now.

If he has joined – and he’s certainly a great choice with an air of the Downey Jrs about him – he’ll be working with a cast that already includes Chris Evans as the titular hero, Hugo Weaving, Sebastian Stan, Hayley Atwell and Toby Jones.

Joe Johnston starts shooting the thing next month in the UK.

The_Return
05-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Saw that earlier on Superhero Hype. They seem far more sure about things than your source though:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/101606-dominic-cooper-to-play-howard-stark-in-captain-america

The_Return
05-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Tommy Lee Jones is the latest addition to the Captain America rumor mill:

http://www.filmshaft.com/tommy-lee-jones-to-join-captain-america/

No real info, but I think he'd add something to the cast for sure. Fingers crossed this pans out.

_____V_____
06-03-2010, 12:29 AM
How will Captain America of the movie look?

Have a peek - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326

Also, if you haven't seen Thor yet, here he is -

http://www.collider.com/2010/06/02/thor-chris-hemsworth-new-images-concept-art/

_____V_____
06-04-2010, 09:48 AM
The Marvel universe is a very crowded and busy place.

There are hundreds of characters just hanging around, hoping for their big chance at the silver screen. Most of them aren't fleshed out enough to ever nab their own franchise, but they could be strong supporting characters like SHIELD's trusty Agent Coulson.

Marvel is doing their best to work in as many of those guys as possible, and Captain America: The First Avenger is proving to be fertile ground.

The Invaders and the Howling Commandos are both tipped to appear, and we finally have our first Commando in Neal McDonough. According to Deadline Hollywood Daily, he's in talks to play Dum Dum Dugan.

Dugan is probably the most colorful of the Commandos. Before acquiring his dubious nickname, he was Timothy Aloysius Cadwallader, a Boston native who worked as a circus strongman before joining the British Army. He was invited to become second-in-command of the Howling Commandos after helping Nick Fury and Happy Sam Sawyer out of a Nazi-filled jam. Dugan lacks superpowers, but he's very strong, and quite good with a rifle. He also wears a bowler hat. Perhaps if he throws it hard enough, he can kill people with it. It's a perfect role for McDonough, though fans already seem miffed he's not a redhead.

Captain America won't just have Dum Dum for back-up. Last week, Hayley Atwell confirmed to Leicester Square TV that Tommy Lee Jones has indeed joined the cast. His role is still unknown, but fans are betting he's playing the leader and recruiter of the Commandos, the gruff and gray Sam Sawyer.

Also, Jeremy Renner has been talking to Marvel about playing Clint Barton for some time, and now the actor is in “final negotiations” to join The Avengers as Hawkeye.

Renner’s star rose considerably over the last year after his Oscar-nominated turn in The Hurt Locker, which opened up such opportunities as Peter Berg’s adaptation of Battleship and Paul Thomas Anderson’s untitled opus on religion. Renner seems to have passed on Battleship, and the Anderson film could take awhile to come together, so the actor remains a free agent ready to don Hawkeye’s purple bow.

The ensemble cast required for The Avengers, which Joss Whedon (Firefly) will direct, is approaching completion. There’s Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man (of course), Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Scarlett Johanssen as Black Widow, and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

(Of course, the big missing piece is Hulk — no deal has been made with Edward Norton to reprise his role from 2008’s The Incredible Hulk.)

Heat Vision reports that, to keep the budget under control, Marvel has talked all the featured players into a paycut.

This is all shaping up pretty fantastically. Renner is a great get, and if there is any legitimacy to the Josh Holloway rumor (as Ant-Man, perhaps?), fans would apparently be at a loss for words.

For those unfamiliar with the character, here’s a short bio:

Clint Barton was an orphan, and ran away from the orphanage as a pre-teen to join the circus as a carnival performer, where he was trained in the use of the bow and arrow by the Swordsman and Trickshot. When he discovered that his mentors were both criminals he rejected them, leading to a beating by Swordsman which left Barton badly injured and hospitalized. Years later, he saw Iron Man in action, and was inspired and decided to become a costumed hero called Hawkeye.

neverending
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Nick Fury was an Avenger? Must have been after I quit reading comics.

cheebacheeba
06-04-2010, 07:47 PM
No, he wasn't an actual Avenger (not that I know of) though as long time head of S.H.I.E.L.D he's had a lot of dealings with the team, and members of the team.
Though in the present "Marvel Universe" movies it seems they're spinning S.H.I.E.L.D into a role of overseeing the creation of the Avengers...?
History Mashing.

_____V_____
06-10-2010, 09:02 PM
2PDDx5Q0U28

The_Return
07-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Despite lots of speculation that they may have sorted out their issues, it appears that Marvel has once-and-for-all decided to leave Ed Norton out of The Avengers.

A statement from Kevin Feige, Marvel's President of Production:

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers. Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."

Nice subtle little kick in the teeth there, isnt it Mr. Norton? I'd bet he's got one hell of a Hulk rage building up right now.

But, nice to see they're looking at a name actor rather than an unknown. I've heard some completely unfounded speculation online about Sharlto Copely...maybe not a huge name yet, but one that's proved he can work well with an ensemble and who'd be dead-on perfect for the Banner side of the role.

_____V_____
07-24-2010, 12:16 AM
He’s been the subject of rumors almost since the minute Edward Norton quit the role, but now it would appear that a flurry of deal-making activity means that Mark Ruffalo will be striding out on stage at today’s Marvel panel at the San Diego Comic-Con.

Of course, Marvel is naturally staying silent on the issue and with the panel mere hours away, we wouldn’t expect anything less, but with Deadline and at least one other site reporting that Ruffalo’s deal is sealed and he will indeed be the one to shoulder Bruce Banner’s big green burden. And that he’ll officially get the nod in Hall H at the convention centre alongside Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth and director Joss Whedon.

Oh, and not forgetting Nathan Fillion as Ant-Man. All right, that last bit was just Joss’s little joke, but it sent enough rumour flames scorching around the Interwebs to set several buildings on fire. But to be clear: Nathan is only appearing as Ant-Man in several fans’ fevered dreams.

_____V_____
07-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Joss Whedon has confirmed that Jeremy Renner of The Hurt Locker will star as the superhero Hawkeye in Marvel Studios upcoming film The Avengers.

Rumours have recently circulated that the actor was in consideration for the part, but Marvel Studios had been keeping quiet about the film's supporting cast prior to the San Diego Comic-Con.

Comic Book Resources reports that Whedon said of the signing: "I think it's well-known that Jeremy Renner is joining us as Hawkeye, which is so exciting for me and the rest of the cast."

This news comes after various news outlets reported that Mark Ruffalo has also been signed to be Edward Norton's replacement as the Hulk in the film.

It is expected that the full cast of The Avengers will be announced today at Comic-Con.

_____V_____
07-25-2010, 02:20 AM
Ending a momentous and event filled day at San Diego's Comic-Con 2010 today, both Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Downey, Jr. introduced the entire star-studded cast of Marvel Studios 2012 release "The Avengers."

Calling the picture more ambitious than "Inception," Downey Jr. made news by announcing the long rumored additions of recent Oscar nominee Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton a.ka. the bow-welding Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, better known for his monstrous alter-ego The Incredible Hulk. The duo join Downey, Jr., who became a worldwide superstar after the success of the first "Iron Man," Scarlett Johansson as The Black Widow, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Chris Evans as Captain America and newcomer Chris Hemsworth as Thor.

The panel also featured the official announcement of comic book fan favorite Joss Whedon ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly") as the film's director.

The "surprise" announcement had been buzzed about for weeks, but was in question after the studio decided not to welcome Edward Norton back as Bruce Banner following a difficult time on the 2008 hit "The Incredible Hulk."

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/image001.jpg

[(L-R) Robert Downey Jr., Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Director Joss Whedon, Producer and Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige from the motion picture "MARVEL STUDIOS' THE AVENGERS" in which Earth's Mightiest Heroes including Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Agent Coulson assemble together on screen for the first time.]

After a long, crazy day at Comic-Con, weary fans got a surprise that made all the lines and bizarre incidents worth it: They met their Avengers!

At the tail end of the action-packed day (after a real-life blood bath over a seating dispute), Hall H patrons got their first looks at Chris Evans as Captain America and Chris Hemsworth as Thor, repping the two officially scheduled films on the Marvel Studios agenda.

Even if all they got was a glimpse of Evans in costume test footage as Captain America, fans screamed their support at the mere sight of the beloved WWII hero in red, white and blue. Director Joe Johnston, demurring that he'd only been in production for about a week, nevertheless played a rough cut of a scene in which Hugo Weaving (as Nazi baddie Red Skull, sans actual red skull) searches for a mysterious item that links Captain America to Marvel's other 2011 property, Thor.

Then, director Kenneth Branagh brought his cast on stage to premiere the first trailer for Thor, which depicts the son of Odin as he embarks on his path from disgraced demigod to earth-bound hero—with plenty of punching, kicking and smashing along the way. Branagh's Thor trailer also included lots of Natalie Portman (as Thor's love interest, Jane Foster, whom Portman described as a "frazzled, down to earth, grounded woman) and scenes hinting at his recruitment into the Avengers.

But wait, the panel wasn't over!

Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige played a surprise clip for the capacity crowd featuring a familiar voice and the single, tantalizing image of the Avengers logo. As palpitations rippled through Hall H, the owner of that voice—Samuel Jackson—sauntered onstage, bringing the entire geek collective screaming to their feet.

Jackson, channeling his Marvel alter ego Nick Fury, introduced the members of the superhero team the Avengers, who'll get their own standalone film that brings worlds within the Marvel universe together onscreen for the first time.

Clark Gregg, Scarlett Johansson, Hemsworth, Evans and Robert Downey, Jr. joined Jackson on stage. Downey, a Comic-Con favorite, took the podium to crack a joke about the day's shocking Hall H incident ("Don't stab anyone before I'm done talking," he quipped) and to introduce three more members of the planned Avengers film, a comic book-blending movie that he deemed "more ambitious than Inception."

The entire population of Hall H squealed with excitement (yes, fanboys squeal!) as Downey introduced Academy Award nominee Jeremy Renner as Avengers archer Hawkeye. Then, confirming online whispers and Deadline's casting scoop, Mark Ruffalo joined everyone on stage as the new Bruce Banner/Hulk, officially replacing Ed Norton in the role.

Rounding out the Avengers mania, director Joss Whedon came out to thank fans for their support, and suddenly all of those hours spent waiting in lines wrapped around the convention center didn't seem quite so bad.

The only members missing from Earth's Mightest Heroes were the characters of The Wasp and Ant-Man. Both were part of the first "Avengers" team in the 1960s story that found the heroes uniting against a common foe, but it appears they won't be primary figures in the first movie version of the super hero group.

The ensemble action epic will be released on May 4, 2012 and is expected to begin shooting sometime in the spring of 2011.

It will be preceded by Marvel's "Thor" next May and "Captain America: The First Avenger" approximately a year from now.

And finally, we have the fantastic new Avengers logo -

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/avengers_logo.jpg

The_Return
07-25-2010, 04:53 PM
God bless ComicCon.

_____V_____
08-24-2010, 09:22 AM
On Set pics from Captain America: The First Avenger -

http://www.filmshaft.com/new-set-pictures-from-captain-america-the-first-avenger/

The pictures bring to life one of the happiest days in world history – VE Day, otherwise known as Victory in Europe Day or the day when the Nazi’s lost and we celebrated one of the world’s most evil dictators taking a bullet in his temple.

Born during the Great Depression, Steve Rogers grew up a frail youth in a poor family. Horrified by the newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe, Rogers was inspired to enlist in the army. However, because of his frailty and sickness, he was rejected. Overhearing the boy’s earnest plea, General Chester Phillips offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a special experiment… Operation: Rebirth.

After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the Super-Solider Serum and bombarded by ‘vita-rays.’ Steve Rogers emerged from the treatment with a body as perfect as a body can be and still be human. Rogers was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program. Three months later, he was given his first assignment as Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and battle savvy, Captain America has continued his war against evil both as a sentinel of liberty and as leader of the Avengers.

Joss Whedon in the Sunday Herald Sun -

“It is true that the movie is only going to have one female Avenger. But she will not be the only female character.”

“It will be a new story that has many things from different arcs of the comics in it. There is no one Avengers story that you can just do the way that you can do the origin of Spider-Man. You really have to cull from the original and The Ultimates, which is one of the Avengers titles.”

Black Widow from Iron Man 2 will be the female avenger joining the likes of Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Nick Fury, Bruce Banner and Hawkeye for some superhero action.

So what other roles could there be for the girls? Internet rumour is rife.

The major discussion point seems to be Alice Eve playing a major villain in the form of Enchantress, but there are plenty of figures from the current crop of Marvel films would may or may not make an appearance of some sort.

How Whedon will fit it all into a two hour movie will be interesting to see, unless they split it into two parts like some current major productions.

Morbidementia
09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
The only other time I remember wondering "How are they ever going to pull it off?" so much was for Watchmen. But Joss Whedon is good, and though I don't like some of the casting choices, and I'm still on the fence about some costumes, I'm still frickin excited as hell.

Zero
09-13-2010, 05:41 PM
i still think it will hinge on the Thor movie

_____V_____
09-22-2010, 11:02 PM
One of the undoubted highlights of Iron Man 2 for anyone who falls into the Venn diagram crossover of People Who Are Fans Of Scarlett Johansson, People Who Like Ladies In Jumpsuits and People Who Enjoy Seeing Attractive Folk Beat Up Bad Guys was Johansson’s role as Natasha Romanoff, AKA Black Widow.

And while Marvel’s Kevin Feige didn’t exactly confirm that a standalone film for the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent is guaranteed, he did at least talk up the ongoing discussions.

It should come as no surprise that the Iron Man 2 DVD/Blu-Ray arrives next week in the US, since Feige has been hitting the promotional trail. Speaking at a press conference attended by Coming Soon, he announced, "We've already started discussions with Scarlett about the idea of a solo movie and have begun putting together concepts", before cautioning, “The Avengers comes first.”

Since Johansson was confirmed at this year’s Comic-Con as being part of the Avengers line-up, it makes sense that Marvel would wait to see how audiences react to that film before making any final decision about letting the Black Widow loose on her own. Still, given her long history in the comics, surely there’s enough scope for a decent film about her adventures.

_____V_____
09-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Here’s some cool news for everyone that’s anticipating The Avengers.

Mark Ruffalo has revealed that unlike the previous Hulk movies that featured the creature as an all CGI creation, Ruffalo will actually be playing the Hulk in The Avengers as he’s going to do the performance through motion-capture performance.

We’ve seen the technology used in such films as Lord of the Rings and Avatar, and it’ll be interesting to see a Hulk that is an actor’s creation and not made in some computer.

“I’m really excited. No one’s ever played the Hulk exactly, they’ve always done CGI. They’re going to do the Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture. So I’ll actually play the Hulk. That’ll be fun.”

The actor also talked about having a great fondness for the television show and he certainly seems very excited about taking on an iconic character, which let’s face it, has had two underwhelming cinematic outings so far. There’s a great problem with The Hulk on screen. It’s just ‘Hulk angry, Hulk smash’. There’s nothing in between. You know it’s true deep down, so just admit it.

“I really love the first TV version of it, the Bill Bixby one. I’m gonna shoot for that a little bit. He was an everyman in it. He’s always on the run and trying to find love. It’s really a sympathetic character, before he turns into the Hulk and fucks everything up.”

Joss Whedon will direct Ruffalo in The Avengers alongside Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson.

Filming is set to begin in February next year.

_____V_____
10-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Like the downtrodden parents in a Dickensian novel, the weeping mountain of Paramount is ready to exchange cold, hard cash for two of the children it has with Marvel and send them packing off to live in a mouse-infested castle.

Which is to say, under a surprisingly easy and grievance-free deal, Disney – which bought Marvel last year for $4.3 billion – has negotiated the rights to The Avengers and Iron Man 3 away from their former home studio.

It’s a shocker, since despite the big Disney/Marvel acquisition, Paramount had been fully in charge of shepherding The Avengers to the screen, and put on a big show for the impending film at this year’s Comic-Con. But now, thanks to $115 million and a higher distribution fee, the studio has agreed to hand over the worldwide distribution rights to the Mouse House for both of the movies.

"We appreciate the tremendous momentum that Paramount established with these iconic Marvel characters and look forward to propelling the brand even further in coming years," said Disney chairman Rich Ross, in a statement picked up by The Wrap.

And in more pertinent news to us as movie-watchers, Disney has been quick to announce release dates for both films, with The Avengers still set for May 4, 2012 and Iron Man 3 now apparently aiming for May 3, 2013.

Of course, the big issue on Iron Man 3 is whether Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau will return for the next outing. We suspect Downey Jr. either has a clause in his contract or could demand a hefty payday to make the thing, but Favreau’s input is not so guaranteed.

But it’s a while before anyone has to make real decisions on that one…

_____V_____
10-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Want to know what Chris Evans looks like as Captain America: The First Avenger, when not viewed through the foggy prism of a faraway pap's lens?

Well, wonder no longer, for those lovely bods at Entertainment Weekly have just unveiled Cap on their brand spanking new cover -

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/EW-1127-COVER-CAPTAIN-AMERICA_300.jpg

So, what do you think? Does this Cap press all the right buttons?

cheebacheeba
10-28-2010, 05:06 PM
There’s a great problem with The Hulk on screen. It’s just ‘Hulk angry, Hulk smash’. There’s nothing in between. You know it’s true deep down, so just admit it.

I think that applies to the first film, but not the second.

As for the pictures of Cap...not as bright and garrish as they could be I suppose which is a good thing...the shield looks a bit too shiny though.
I am wondering if they'll give him the more elongated original shield he had during his pre-frozen series, for the beginning of the film.

massacre man
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I think that applies to the first film, but not the second.

As for the pictures of Cap...not as bright and garrish as they could be I suppose which is a good thing...the shield looks a bit too shiny though.
I am wondering if they'll give him the more elongated original shield he had during his pre-frozen series, for the beginning of the film.

Here's a different image with a different shield:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/triangleshield.jpg

I assume he'll be using that shield until Howard Stark builds the round shield.

More pictures:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/cappy1.jpg
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/uploads/hydra.jpg

neverending
10-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Howard Stark?

massacre man
10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Howard Stark?

Dominic Cooper has been cast as Tony's father and the assumption is that he's going to be the one to build the shield for Steve Rogers since there was the prototype of the shield sitting around in Iron Man 2.

_____V_____
11-02-2010, 09:40 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/captain_america_shirtless1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/captain_america_sub1a.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-movie-image-3.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-movie-image-Chris-Evans-as-Steve-Rogers-Hayley-Atwell-as-Peggy-Carter.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/captain_america_the_look1.jpg

_____V_____
12-11-2010, 02:44 AM
THOR ...debut trailer!

lXcVlUSmp8c

_____V_____
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
BURBANK, Calif. (April 26, 2011) — Production has started on “The Avengers” today, and in honor of the event, the first set photo has been released!

The picture is of the Avengers emblem with canvas chairs labeled “Thor”, “Iron Man”, “Captain America”, and “Hulk”. Overall, it’s a very tantalizing picture, even though we basically see nothing in the way of characters.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/the_avengers1.png

Production has commenced today in Albuquerque, New Mexico on Marvel Studios’ highly anticipated movie “Marvel’s The Avengers,” directed by Joss Whedon (“Serenity”) from a screenplay by Whedon. The film will continue principal photography in Cleveland, Ohio and New York City.

Robert Downey Jr. (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2″) returns as the iconic Tony Stark/Iron Man along with Chris Hemsworth (“Thor”) as Thor, Chris Evans (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Captain America, Jeremy Renner (“Thor,” “The Hurt Locker”) as Hawkeye, Mark Ruffalo (“The Kids Are Alright”) as Hulk, Scarlett Johansson (“Iron Man 2″) as Black Widow, Clark Gregg (“Iron Man,” “Thor”) as Agent Phil Coulson, and Samuel L. Jackson (“Iron Man,” “Iron Man 2″) as Nick Fury.

Set for release in the US on May 4, 2012, “Marvel’s The Avengers” is the first feature to be fully owned, marketed and distributed by Disney, which acquired Marvel in 2009.

Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers” is the Super Hero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1963, “Marvel’s The Avengers” brings together the mightiest Super Hero characters as they all assemble together on screen for the first time. The star studded cast of Super Heroes will be joined by Cobie Smulders (“How I Met Your Mother) as Agent Maria Hill of SHIELD, as well as Tom Hiddleston (“Wallander”) and Stellan Skarsgård (“Angels & Demons,” “Mamma Mia!”) who will both reprise their respective roles as Loki and Professor Erik Selvig from the upcoming MarvelStudios’ feature “Thor.”

_____V_____
05-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Mark Ruffalo has teased the first details about the story arc for his character Bruce Banner in next year's team-up film The Avengers.

While plot details about Joss Whedon's all-star film are being kept closely under wraps, Ruffalo did reveal that Banner will develop complicated relationships with both Iron Man and the Black Widow over the course of the movie.

"He has an interesting thing with Black Widow actually," Ruffalo told MTV News.

Ruffalo explained that because both Banner and Tony Stark are from scientific backgrounds, there will be an immediate link between them.

"There's a real admiration between the two of them that's interesting, and Tony Stark really enjoys the idea of watching this guy turn into the Hulk," he added. "So he's nudging him in an interesting sort of way.

"There's a lot of nice, fun play between the two of them."

Ruffalo recently admitted that he was excited to begin work on The Avengers, which started production earlier this week.

The Shutter Island star is joined by Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Jeremy Renner in the Marvel Studios film.

The Avengers is due to be released in US and UK cinemas on May 4, 2012.

Zero
05-27-2011, 09:07 AM
ok - i can admit when i am wrong.

i had earlier predicted that Thor would suck ass - it did not and was actually a very good film.

i still think the problem for Avengers will be making all these characters mesh together - visually and narrative wise. will Hulk be much huger than Thor? will Cap look tiny? just not clear how you can blend the visual looks of the earlier films (as well as the problem of having 'magic' Thor mixed with science-based Iron Man)

bwind22
05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
ok - i can admit when i am wrong.

i had earlier predicted that Thor would suck ass - it did not and was actually a very good film.

i still think the problem for Avengers will be making all these characters mesh together - visually and narrative wise. will Hulk be much huger than Thor? will Cap look tiny? just not clear how you can blend the visual looks of the earlier films (as well as the problem of having 'magic' Thor mixed with science-based Iron Man)

Are you not familiar with the Avengers comics?

Hulk will be much bulkier than Thor, but probably shorter. Cap will be about the same height as Thor but less muscular.

In the Marvel universe, science and magic co-exist. Tony Stark's a guy that invented an Iron Man suit. Thor's the son of Odin and the Norse God of Thunder. I don't see any reason they'd have to be mutually exclusive. :confused:

Nobody
05-28-2011, 02:39 AM
my cousin said you can see it at home by DVD , and he said it's better to see it at home but i wish i can go to it ^^

_____V_____
06-30-2011, 11:00 AM
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/captain-america-the-first-avenger-movie-poster.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/captain-america-first-avenger-international-poster-01.jpg

_____V_____
06-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Given that Thor did decent business at the box office for Marvel, it’s no surprise that the company would be making its plans for a sequel.

And though quiet moves have been afoot for a while now, the studio and corporate owners Disney have now made it official, booking a July 26, 2013 release date for another round of Norse play.

But while Deadline reports that Chris Hemsworth will once again be swinging Mjolnir as the central hero (not a shocker, since Marvel signs most of its cast members to multiple film deals), it would seem that Kenneth Branagh has either decided not to return or that the company has opted to go in another direction (no pun intended) for the next film.

Cue a mad scramble of agents trying to get their megaphone-wielding clients the job.

Thor co-writer Don Payne has already been kicking around ideas for a second film, though no detaihas slipped out just yet. But the hero’s story continues, of course, in The Avengers, which Hemsworth is now busy shooting alongside the likes of Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo and the rest.

_____V_____
07-17-2011, 10:38 PM
cwUfR53hEsE

The Villain
07-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Is that an Avengers trailer? Why does it say The Amazing Spiderman? Also i cant make anything out in that thing.

_____V_____
07-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Is that an Avengers trailer? Why does it say The Amazing Spiderman? Also i cant make anything out in that thing.

It is an Avengers teaser, supposed to be attached to the Captain America movie at the end of it's credits.

Unfortunately, 3 other youtube links have been swiftly taken down so I think the author of that clip has renamed it to "amazing spiderman" so that it doesn't get tracked to be taken down.

It is shot by a hand camera, during the screening of the Captain America film. Most of it looks dark but it shows all the superheroes involved with the Avengers, and it's basically a first glimpse of the film. Well, at least till the Captain America film gets released.

The Villain
07-18-2011, 08:48 AM
It is an Avengers teaser, supposed to be attached to the Captain America movie at the end of it's credits.

Unfortunately, 3 other youtube links have been swiftly taken down so I think the author of that clip has renamed it to "amazing spiderman" so that it doesn't get tracked to be taken down.

It is shot by a hand camera, during the screening of the Captain America film. Most of it looks dark but it shows all the superheroes involved with the Avengers, and it's basically a first glimpse of the film. Well, at least till the Captain America film gets released.

Ah well that makes sense. I caught glimpses of the superheroes but couldnt get the full grasp of the whole teaser. But i'm going to see Captain America in theaters so i guess i'll see it then. Seems a little early for an Avengers teaser though.

_____V_____
07-19-2011, 07:49 AM
Paramount Pictures has announced that Captain America: The First Avenger will open at Comic-Con (or rather, across the street from Comic-Con) this Thursday, July 21, one day before its Friday opening.

The film’s first screening will be at noon at the UA Horton Plaza theater, although there will be a 10 a.m. screening for fans, many of whom will presumably be dressed in red, white, and blue (although if anyone dresses as U.S. Agent, you’re a total nerd and I love you).

The studio also promises various Captain America-themed festivities throughout the day, including “USO-costumed women … standing at the American Flag Pole in the Horton Plaza passing out free tickets.”

We may be in the home stretch of our anticipation for "Captain America: The First Avenger," but the buzz is only just beginning for next spring's "The Avengers," directed by Joss Whedon.

Paramount has released the official list of actors appearing in "Captain America," which seems like no big whoop but actually contains magical hints about Joss Whedon's "The Avengers."

This list, in addition to leaked footage of the ending of "Captain America," has helped comic book fans suss out what's to come in Whedon's film -- specifically, what characters might pop up to surprise us.

The eagle-eyed have noted that "The Mentalist" beauty Amanda Righetti is the latest name to be added to the roster of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

She also appears in the leaked "America" footage (or so we've read).

Although it hasn't been confirmed what her role will be other than as an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel experts are guessing she might appear as someone pretty rad from the series, like Carol Danvers (Ms. Marvel, if you're feisty!) or Sharon Carter, a.k.a. Agent 13.

Either way, it would be a juicy role for the TV and movie star.

_____V_____
09-01-2011, 06:45 AM
As promised and teased at ComicCon, the first in a series of "Marvel One-Shots" will grace the Thor DVD as part of the build-up to Joss Whedon's The Avengers. The purpose of the shorts is to bridge the gaps between the individual Marvel movies and next year's giant team-up.

First up is The Consultant, in which Agents Coulson and Sitwell discuss some dodgy orders from on high regarding Emil "Abomination" Blonsky, and Coulson baulks at using the titular freelancer to annoy General Ross.

Jbx1k9gj5Xk

Who is The Consultant? Check out the short film above and see for yourself. We will say, however, that it might not be an enormous surprise to those who stayed through The Incredible Hulk's end credits. While the short does move beyond its talking-heads-in-a-diner set-up, the wider picture is recycled from the existing movies.

The mighty Thor is out on DVD on September 26.

_____V_____
09-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Writer-director Joss Whedon and his cast and crew have moved the production to the real New York City, where the intent on creating chaos coming from the superhero team's as-yet-to-be-officially named adversaries continues.

The Cleveland shoot was described as setting the stage for "some kind of battle," which included extras running from a series of explosions, and, once The Avengers set up shop in the actual 42nd Street, the explosions and running was captured again in some new "spy" videos.

GoYGY-wa6a4

HsFmywCe1pg

rIehcjnLrDk

HbGOcgbdVG8

tQCESUAlJik

SOURCE (and Thanks to) - http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/11679/the-avengers-destroy-new-york-in-latest-set-videos-more-set-photos-of-the-heroes-in-action-debut/

_____V_____
10-11-2011, 10:38 AM
IT'S HERE!!

The first full-blooded official trailer!

zatgnqdIefs

High-Def - http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/marvel/avengers/

Full Screen - http://cdn.springboard.gorillanation.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/ci035/39/371867/

roshiq
10-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Glad to see a glimpse of our favorite green monster at the end. :)

MichaelMyers
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
No Eric Bana?

Sistinas666
10-11-2011, 11:30 AM
The trailer looks awesome! I am a bit disappointed that Loki is the villain though...

_____V_____
10-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Patty Jenkins has taken a big step into the world of blockbuster moviemaking.

The helmer of "Monster" and the pilot for "The Killing" has been chosen to follow up Kenneth Branagh as the director of "Thor 2. Marvel Studios confirmed the rumored pick today.

Jenkins first made a splash directing Charlize Theron to an Academy Award for best actress in Jenkins' feature helping debut "Monster." The filmmaker also received kudos and an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC’s acclaimed series The Killing and has directed episodes of "Entourage" and "Arrested Development." Jenkins recently directed “Pearl,” one of the five short films that comprise Lifetime’s original movie "Five" which debuts later this month.

This comes upon news of a new release date for the "Thor 2." The previously announced sequel to this year's blockbuster, "Thor," was originally dated for July 16, 2013. Disney and Marvel Studios have no moved the currently titled "Thor 2" to Nov. 15, 2013, just two weeks before the Thanksgiving holiday. This will be the first Marvel Studios production to open outside of the summer frame and an intriguing test for the "Thor" brand.

While already two years away, "Thor 2" will face some tough competition with the "Hunger Games" sequel "Catching Fire" debuting one week later on Nov. 22 and "The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs" set for the Thanksgiving frame opening on Nov. 27, 2013.

Chris Hemsworth recently finished his second go around as the God of Thunder in Joss Whedon's "The Avengers" which debuts on May 5, 2012. The first "Thor" was directed by Kenneth Branagh and grossed an impressive $181 million domestic and $448.5 million worldwide.

_____V_____
01-02-2012, 08:10 AM
After Amazing Spider-Man toys tipped us off to a possible photo of Rhys Ifans’ Lizard character, we’re now hearing that a villain from Marvel movies past might have a significant part in Joss Whedon’s The Avengers, due out in theaters in May.

WARNING: POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD!

That would be Captain America’s nemesis, Red Skull, played by Hugo Weaving in Joe Johnston’s origin story from last summer.

DigitalSpy is reporting from a HeroClix preview that Skull will appear alongside Loki (Tom Hiddleston) as the villains in Whedon’s film. We’ve already seen Loki in the early film trailers, but had no idea that Skull could resurface.

It makes sense. Captain America and Thor went out of their way to establish both Red Skull and Loki as vital enemies. As of right now, Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) lack recognizable foes that could be brought into the Avengers fold. So if Whedon wants to build something truly massive in scope, he’d be wise to bring in more than one opponent for this mighty Marvel team. Whedon needs a significant villain to justify the pairing of all of these superpowers. Maybe his solution is to have two villains?

Unlike the Spider-Man story, there’s no real toy showing Red Skull in an Avengers pose, so this could be nothing more than a rumor. We’ll likely know more as we get closer to the Avengers’ release date, which is May 4.

damienjakk
01-03-2012, 01:24 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILER:

Has anything ever come of the Thanos rumor or has it been squashed? I remember reading a few months back he was a possible nemesis to be a legit threat to the Avengers. Also the random Infinity Gauntlet display at SDCC had some people wondering.

cheebacheeba
01-03-2012, 03:29 AM
I still think Kang would be the best villain for this one, ah well.

roshiq
01-03-2012, 04:58 AM
the Avengers’ release date, which is May 4.

If everything goes well, I'll be on a trip at that time on Singapore. Hope to catch it on the big screen. :)

damienjakk
01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
10 second teaser of the new Super Bowl trailer. Looks like possible Skrull confirmation finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsu3sbWnAU&feature=player_embedded

_____V_____
05-07-2012, 11:08 AM
The Avengers Smashes Opening-Weekend Record with $207.1 Million!

The Avengers is the new king of the opening weekend.

The film is the first to break $200 million in three days. It destroyed the mark held by the previous weekend record-holder, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

http://www.eonline.com/news/avengers_smashes_opening-weekend_record/314126

Also, Indians didn't like India's Kolkata slum portrayal in the film.

"Kolkata has a rich culture and heritage, and a filmmaker should respect that," Bollywood star Rituparna Sengupta, who lives in Kolkata, told the Hindustan Times. "There are two scenes about India, and they only show slums. It could have been done in better taste."

"It is disturbing to see the murky underbelly of India in Hollywood films," added fellow actor Neha Dhupia. "But before pointing it out to the west, we need to make efforts to change their perception about us."

"When will Hollywood stop cashing in on the poverty here?" a bank employee named Rishabh Bal told the paper.

http://www.eonline.com/news/avengers_attacked_bollywood_stars_slam/314250

crazy raplh
05-07-2012, 03:18 PM

what about the guy from adventures in babysitting LOL