PDA

View Full Version : American McGee's "Alice" Status Update

_____V_____
06-25-2008, 08:15 PM
June 25, 2008

Scott Faye, the producer of "Max Payne" and the upcoming adaptation, talked with the official American McGee blog about the status of the project.

"The Alice project is presently in “turnaround” from Universal Studios," Producer Scott Faye tells the American McGee blog. " Jon and Erich Hoeber have written a very compelling feature film screenplay adaptation of the Alice game. Their screenplay will certainly serve as a jumping off point as we find a new studio home for the project. In terms of the realistic chances of seeing the Alice project being produced, all I can say is that I have invested (along with Julie Yorn and Karen Lauder, my producing partners on the project) a lot of time and effort in this project. We will get it made.

I offer my eight year effort to get the best version of the Max Payne film produced as proof of my tenacity as a film producer. Every film produced is a challenge. The major film studios are producing fewer movies every year, so to have one of them be yours is a very special experience. On the positive side, the Alice in Wonderland mythology is wonderfully compelling, and is an indelible concept in the minds of studio executives and the movie going public."

"Sarah Michelle Gellar is not currently attached to the project. Her initial involvement was the result of a very talented and effective member of her management team who became aware of the project and pursued on Sarah’s behalf."

"Marcus Nispel was at one point attached to direct the Alice film. He is not involved with the project at this time. I’m looking forward to seeing his take on the retelling of Friday the 13th when it comes to theaters next year."

"As I’ve referenced above, Jon and Erich Hoeber have written a very compelling feature film adaptation of the Alice game. The Hoebers have been working with me on the Alice project longer than anyone with the exception of my producing partner Karen Lauder. To be perfectly honest, the script still needs a little bit of work. The downtime since the Hoebers turned in their last draft has allowed me to establish a bit of creative objectivity. I suspect that the next draft of the screenplay will allow the project to take a substantial leap forward toward production."

There is a rumor circulating that after seeing Pan's Labyrinth, Faye wants Guillermo Del Toro to direct "Alice". Del Toro, who is in New Zealand finalising The Hobbit, hasn't replied yet.

SYNOPSIS: Ten years after she tumbled through the looking-glass and into Wonderland, Alice now resides inside a mental asylum. After her parents are killed in a tragic fire, the young girl grows up to become a disturbed young woman. After failing to convince people that her visit to Wonderland was indeed real, Alice is given a second chance to return to this strange realm. Equipped with courage, a keen appetite for the bizarre and a lethal array of transmogrified toys, she'll penetrate the strongholds of her enemies, confront the forces of evil and put the wicked Queen of Hearts in her place.

Keep your fingers crossed, and keep your hopes up!

Vodstok
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I dont know what is better news; thsat this will be made or that SMG wont be playing alice :)

The_Return
06-29-2008, 02:17 AM
I've never played the game, but I've been following this movie...sounds really, really cool and hopefully it manages to get made.

DarkwingMantis
07-02-2008, 03:52 PM
the game was wicked. Nice freaky take on a pretty freaky book

_____V_____
11-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Recently, producer Scott Faye (Max Payne) updated the interwebs with a status on the project: Sarah Michelle Gellar is no longer attached to star and Texas Chainsaw helmer Marcus Nispel is no longer attached to direct.

A new script is in development by original Alice scribes Jon and Erich Hoeberand, and word 'round the campfire is that a new studio will be announced in the future, as Universal is no longer attached to release the project.

As in the game, the film will be a gothic-horror version of Alice in Wonderland that takes place after Alice has been committed to a mental institution.