PDA

View Full Version : Bert Gordon

avenger00soul
01-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Known as Mr. Big b/c of the giant animal/insect/people movies he made. I like some of his stuff, but for some reason I LOVE Empire of the Ants. It's campy crap, but it's enjoyable campy crap. Food of the Gods wasn't too terrible either. It made me laugh out loud at parts.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-22-2004, 09:53 AM
Remember Mystery Science Theater's original run, back when it was still witty, and the gang would scream in disgust every time Bert Gordon's name came on screen? Man, that was funny.

My favorites are Colossal Man and The Magic Sword. I bet Basil Rathbone really wanted to fire his agent for being in that one. I remember seeing it as a kid and was scared as hell when the dragon ate the first princess.

avenger00soul
01-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Colossal Man was cool. They show it on AMC alot.

Speaking of Basil Rathbone, do you think he bears a remarkable resemblance to Wes Craven? It's the nose I think.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-22-2004, 10:07 AM
I never noticed a Basil/Caraven resemblance....but now that you mentioned it, damn! Maybe Craven can star in a new Sherlock Holmes series, or play the heel in the new Zorro movie if they ever get around to making it.

avenger00soul
01-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
I never noticed a Basil/Caraven resemblance....but now that you mentioned it, damn! Maybe Craven can star in a new Sherlock Holmes series, or play the heel in the new Zorro movie if they ever get around to making it.

Hahaha! Maybe. I think the resemblance is damn creepy. Especially if you've seen a beardless Craven.

avenger00soul
01-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Just read that the star of Food of the Gods was the world's youngest ordained minister.