PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Miike Movies

akerns
06-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Anyone have suggestions or comments love the director and if you have any suggestions that relate or not? Please help need to refill my brain.

Despare
06-06-2008, 08:49 AM
http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33238

Zero
06-14-2008, 10:44 AM
i liked audition - haven't really liked anything else (which i know is heresy around here but i'm just being honest)

Despare
06-14-2008, 11:25 AM
i liked audition - haven't really liked anything else (which i know is heresy around here but i'm just being honest)

What else have you seen? His work varies fairly drastically even though he revisits a theme or two here and there.

The_Return
06-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I need to see more of his stuff myself...so far I've only seen Imprint and Box, and didnt particularly care for either. Still, he seems like he knows what he's doing to an extent, so I'll have to check out some of his more major stuff, I guess.

Despare
06-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I suggest people watch a few different films of his close to each other. Maybe a night like Dead or Alive, Ichi the Killer, The Happiness of the Katikuris, and Visitor Q. Maybe even Gozu, Audition, Izo, One Missed Call, and Deadly Outlaw: Rekka. There are plenty others to toss in like The Bird People in China or Big Bang Love, Juvenile A that can help you form an opinion on his work too.