PDA

View Full Version : Alice Cooper

abbycomix
01-21-2004, 06:59 AM
I just got this great Alice Cooper compilation and remembered how cool and innovative Alice has been. I really like the rockers like "Under My Wheels", "Schools Out", and "Muscle of Love" but the slower ones are pretty cool too. His sick sense of humor on "I Love the Dead" is pretty fun.

Digital Murders
01-21-2004, 07:05 AM
I used to like Alice Cooper, but now it just seems really mainstream.

First it was Ozzy and now Alice Cooper.

But I still give him props for what he has done.

The_Return
08-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Alice kicks ass.

Killer is one of my favourite albums of all time.

Marroe
08-10-2005, 04:24 PM
From the Inside....

"Millie and Billie" is one of the sweetest love songs ever:p

bloodrayne
08-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Gotta love 'Cold Ethyl'

Dustin says, "Devil's Food, Black Widow, Prince Of Darkness, Raise Your Fist And Yell, This Maniac's In Love With You, and Thrill My Gorilla"...

:D

urgeok
08-10-2005, 04:44 PM
alice cooper is who marilyn manson wanted so badly to be .. but Marilyn got caught up in the image and forgot that Alice Cooper was popular because he could rock.

bloodrayne
08-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
alice cooper is who marilyn manson wanted so badly to be .. but Marilyn got caught up in the image and forgot that Alice Cooper was popular because he could rock. That's actually a really good analogy...

The_Return
08-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Has anyone here seen his "Brutally Live" concert DVD? Im thinking of buying it, it has all my favourites from him plus it comes with a bonus CD. Only $20 CDN at Future Shop:)

RoLLiNLiGhTs
08-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by The_Return
Has anyone here seen his "Brutally Live" concert DVD? Im thinking of buying it, it has all my favourites from him plus it comes with a bonus CD. Only $20 CDN at Future Shop:)
Pick it up....how can ya go wrong with Alice Cooper....:cool:

newb
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM

I have it.....go get it...its good.

The_Return
08-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Hopefully Future Shop has it in stock, if they do Ill get it today. Actually...I'll probably check another store, too. One of the 2 better have it...if not, Ill get Welcome to my Nightmare. Might get both anyway...dunno if I have enough though.

The_Return
08-12-2005, 05:27 PM
I either called or went to 4 different stores...ended up just getting Welcome to my Nightmare. Should be kickass anyway.

nine9
08-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
From the Inside....

"Millie and Billie" is one of the sweetest love songs ever:p

I love that album too! :D And I agee on that song.

Elvis_Christ
08-15-2005, 07:18 PM
The man was brilliant.

Is he still doing the Christian thing?

alice cooper is who marilyn manson wanted so badly to be .. but Marilyn got caught up in the image and forgot that Alice Cooper was popular because he could rock.

Manson could rock with the best of them (Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are up their with Cooper's finer moments). Manson and Cooper are both fine examples of how hype ruins a good artist. Fame and notoriety went to both of their heads and their music suffered because of it. Alice Cooper has some horrible excuses for albums, especially after he dropped his original band. Welcome to my Nightmare was the last really good thing he did.

AWSTRICER
08-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I really like the song the man behind the mask.Jason from friday the thirteenth was what gave him the idea for the song.

urgeok
08-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
The man was brilliant.

Is he still doing the Christian thing?

Manson could rock with the best of them (Portrait of an American Family and Antichrist Superstar are up their with Cooper's finer moments). Manson and Cooper are both fine examples of how hype ruins a good artist. Fame and notoriety went to both of their heads and their music suffered because of it. Alice Cooper has some horrible excuses for albums, especially after he dropped his original band. Welcome to my Nightmare was the last really good thing he did.

i think you'll see in the end that cooper had/will have a more solid body of work than Manson at the end of his career ..

Cooper was for a time - all about the live shows and thats where the hype came from ..
Manson was more the videos and the magazines (again - talking about hype)

both of them also found their popularity fueled by the 'christian groups' that tried to stop them. I thinki this helped Manson more then Cooper though as he was pretty established - and stayed established for a long time.

the other thing working against Manson is how fast music is changing now .. how fickle the fan base is .. no one stays 'cool' for very long these days - especially the ones that seem more gimmicy than others.

I myself didnt dislike - or like Manson .. some of his stuff was ok but it'll never have the lasting impression that Alice Cooper had for me ... (he was also far more diverse and had a great sense of humor)

Elvis_Christ
08-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Manson had some pretty amazing live shows for awhile there during the Antichrist Superstar tour. I'm not really into him at all but I think they'll be seen in the same light. But Alice started it all and has a good 30 years ahead of Manson of people appreacating his work in a different light compared to when it came out. I've started to enjoy a few Manson albums if people have put them on because I see him in a different light to when it first came out. But yeh..... Mr Cooper is definatley better.

I think that nothing "stays cool" for very long these days because the industry has become more of a exploitative monster since the grunge explosion. The industry just chews up and spits out genres a lot quicker than it used too.... looking for the next big thing to make a $ off. The majority of so called music fans just follow what the industry press and televison tells them too like fucking sheep.

urgeok
08-18-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ

I think that nothing "stays cool" for very long these days because the industry has become more of a exploitative monster since the grunge explosion. The industry just chews up and spits out genres a lot quicker than it used too.... looking for the next big thing to make a $ off. The majority of so called music fans just follow what the industry press and televison tells them too like fucking sheep.

what amazes me are the ones that do stay in the limelight - like brittney spears ..

the more banal the music is the longer it lasts ...
its the marketing - its how many little girls you can convince to want to be brittney - and how many guys you can convince to want to fuck her ..

the music business isnt concerned with music at all..
like you said - it is an ugly unsatiable monster ...

Elvis_Christ
08-18-2005, 07:14 PM
what amazes me are the ones that do stay in the limelight - like brittney spears ..

the more banal the music is the longer it lasts ...
its the marketing - its how many little girls you can convince to want to be brittney - and how many guys you can convince to want to fuck her ..

the music business isnt concerned with music at all..
like you said - it is an ugly unsatiable monster ...

That shit is fucking terrible. Mass media brainwashing of the youth. It makes me sick seeing 8 y.o girls in Brittney, ect style clothes. They've enforced their idealogy and turned kids into something that they shouldn't be. Punk and Metal are the usual scapegoats for destroying moralistic values/ changing kids appearances but at least those genres have a (somewhat) positive message and don't treat the kids like "product".

Elvis_Christ
08-22-2005, 03:04 AM
Unfinished Sweet

Candy everywhere , got chocolate in my hair
Aching to get me
Stickly sweet suckers in the Halloween air
Aching to get me
Saint Vitus dance on my morals tonight
Aching to get me
Aching to get me, get me oh ...
Take it to the doc, I guess he ought to know
La, la, la, da
Which ones can stay , which one gotta go
He looks in my mouth and then he starts to gloat
He says me teeth are O.K.
But my gums got to go
Oh oh ...
I come off the gas but I'm still seeing spies
Aching to get me
I can see them all through a glassy pair of eyes
Aching to get me
De Sade's gonna live in my mouth tonight
La, da, da, da, da
And the rotten tooth fairy is satisfied
La, da, da, da, da
Aching to get me, get me oh ...

I really dig this song at the moment off Billion Dollar Babies.

.......anyone else tripped out by Dentists? :eek:

Dude Guadalupe
10-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Dustin says, "Devil's Food, Black Widow, Prince Of Darkness, Raise Your Fist And Yell, This Maniac's In Love With You, and Thrill My Gorilla"...

Yep I said that

Hulkster92
10-09-2005, 08:42 AM
The only song of his I've heard is "Poison", and It's a great song.

The_Return
10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Hulkster92
The only song of his I've heard is "Poison", and It's a great song.

Get downloading man! Hell, buy a few CDs even! I knows theres a fairly decent "Super Hits" collection that you can get for around $7, and it has some damn fine songs! Not his best work, but still good.

I reccomend his album Killer, from 1971. Definatly one of the best albums ever, IMO.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002KDS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Hulkster92
10-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Oh, and I've also heard "Schools Out"

psiren
10-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Killer was the first ever vinyl album i bought,it was ten pence (5 cents) from a charity shop.it's still one of my favourites!
his early stuff was and IS just superb!
I only saw him live once,in 1981 in Birmingham UK.

Elvis_Christ
10-19-2005, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by psiren
Killer was the first ever vinyl album i bought,it was ten pence (5 cents) from a charity shop.it's still one of my favourites!
his early stuff was and IS just superb!
I only saw him live once,in 1981 in Birmingham UK.

You pick up some dope vinyl at charity stores at times. Was the show good? Got any pics of it?

psiren
10-19-2005, 12:03 PM
no, wish i'd had a camera back then,a few years after that i met gene simmons from KISS and he signed me all along my belly in indelible marker!
nah...i was to poor to afford a camera.:(

Elvis_Christ
10-19-2005, 04:22 PM
ahhh well that's what memories are for :)

The_Return
12-16-2005, 06:11 PM
Holy Crap!!

I will more than likely be seeing this living legend LIVE and In Concert this Spring!! Tickets arent even very expensive, awesomely enough. Gettin mine Monday mornin, soon as they're on sale:D :D

The_Return
12-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Tickets are now IN MY HAND.

Remind me not to talk bad about my dad anymore, ok? He wouldnt let me miss school to wait in line, so he waited in line and bought 'em instead! I need to pay him back of course....but still, no lines:D

Marroe
12-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Tickets are now IN MY HAND.

Remind me not to talk bad about my dad anymore, ok? He wouldnt let me miss school to wait in line, so he waited in line and bought 'em instead! I need to pay him back of course....but still, no lines:D what an awesome daddy:)

have you got "From The Inside" yet? I don't know HOW many times I have mentioned that album, but it's definitely worth all of the mentions!!!

Elvis_Christ
12-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I don't know HOW many times I have mentioned that album, but it's definitely worth all of the mentions!!!

About 6 times from memory :p

Despare
12-22-2005, 07:54 AM
Alice Cooper is the man, my dad worked with him and we have a killer signed velvet poster. Anyway, have his box set and if you don't, buy it... today.

tonemeister
12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Despare
Alice Cooper is the man, my dad worked with him and we have a killer signed velvet poster. Anyway, have his box set and if you don't, buy it... today.

who's your dad? my best friends were in his band.....maybe we know some of the same people.

alicefan
12-31-2005, 01:21 PM
Alice Cooper is awesome and I think all of his songs are great and I got all of his albums and they all kick ass and for the person who asked about Brutally Live, it kicks ass and you should definitely get it.

Thorns_demon
01-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Everybody loves POISON, or most people anyway, I heard a remake last week, they raped the song!!!!! well not really, i love both versions now, I was thinking of getting a signature and I will get on this year or the next summer, but he looks real old lol

The_Return
04-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Holy crap...concert is a week from Thursday!

CANT FRIGGIN WAIT:D :D :D :D

Thorns_demon
04-30-2006, 10:14 AM
concert??? where do you live? He played (can't remember) last year or the year before that on Graspop in belgium, a metal meeting festival, too bad I wasn't there

The_Return
04-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Thorns_demon
concert??? where do you live? He played (can't remember) last year or the year before that on Graspop in belgium, a metal meeting festival, too bad I wasn't there

Im in Canada

The_Return
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
The concert is T-O-N-I-G-H-T

Im going with a friend of mine, our tickets are for the fourth row in the floor. SWEET!

About 6 hours until the show...:D

newb
05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
The concert is T-O-N-I-G-H-T

Im going with a friend of mine, our tickets are for the fourth row in the floor. SWEET!

About 6 hours until the show...:D

WoW...getting a major flashback here. I was just about your age when i went to my first concert. Alice Cooper.....1973

Have fun dude

hammerfan
05-04-2006, 09:14 AM
He's an evening DJ on a Philly station, WMGK, from 10:00 to ??. Incidentally, you can listen to WMGK online at www.wmgk.com. They play classic rock.

The_Return
05-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Down to 2 hours and 30 minutes to the show...:D

I'll be sure to come here and post about it afterward:D

The_Return
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Amazing. Absolutly, postively 100% AMAZING.

Right from the first cord ringing out from Helix's guitar, I knew it would be an awesome night. Helix was a really good opening act...their back-up singer/dancer was really cheesy though. Looked more like she was having a siezure than dancing. But they were loud, full of energy, ad got the crowd ready for the main event, and that's what opening acts are really for.

Alice Cooper. Living rock legend. What can be said? H was amazing. Every note rang through the stadium with resounding energy. Every lyric slithered out of his slimey lips with serpentine perfection. Every over-the-top stunt or gag walked the line between hilarious and terrifying. I loved every second.