PDA

View Full Version : Supermax - The Green Arrow Movie

_____V_____
05-20-2008, 08:02 AM
The script for Justin Mark's new 'Green Arrow' script, "Supermax", sounds terrific - action-packed, but also very funny.

If they cast the thing right, it could be the Superhero film of the century.

Latino Review take a look at the script today, and revealed some of the well-known faces that'll pop-up in the movie!

- The Joker! Lex Luthor! The Riddler!

They will all be sharing jail space at the maximum security prison that the Green Arrow/Oliver Queen has been tossed into.

They also list some of the lesser-known DC Comics' villains that'll appear in the film!

Here is what David Goyer told Wizard Magazine when they first broke the story a little over a year ago…

“He’s Green Arrow for the first 10 minutes of the movie, and then he’s arrested and his secret identity is revealed. They shave his goatee and they take his costume and send him to prison for life, and he has to escape. It’s like ‘Alcatraz,’ and he has to team up with, in some cases, some of the very same villains he is responsible for incarcerating in order to get out and clear his name. Of course, tons of people try to kill him while he’s in there. We’ve populated the prison with all sorts of B and C villains from the DC Universe. For the fans, there will be all sorts of characters the hardcore comic book junkies will know, but they’re all going to be there under their human names and no one is wearing a costume, but there will be a lot of characters with powers and things like that.”

In SUPER MAX we do get the Green Arrow’s origin layered throughout the script in flashback and executed very cleverly. The script borrows from both the original origin and from Andy Diggle and Jock's recent Green Arrow: Year One.

The movie will be chock full of lesser DC Comics villains: Merlyn the archer, the Tattooed Man, the Aryan Nation (comprised of Iron Cross, Heatmonger and Backlash), Japanese assassin Shock Trauma, female shape-shifter Gemini, Icicle ... and a bunch more.

Read all the details of the script, as well as the villains, here :-

http://latinoreview.com/news/supermax-green-arrow-story-details-villains-inmates-gallery-4673

Doc Faustus
05-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Awesome! I'm starting to like the Green Arrow almost as much as I like Batman. This sounds like a great vehicle.

The_Return
05-31-2008, 07:08 PM
All depends on how they cast it...this could either be a masterpiece or utter trash.

massacre man
05-31-2008, 07:58 PM
The Dark Knight will be the superhero movie of the century. But this could be a close second.

The_Return
06-01-2008, 09:44 AM
The Dark Knight will be the superhero movie of the century. But this could be a close second.

Ah, come on - Supermax could well be the superhero movie of the century.

Dark Knight will, of course, be the superhero movie of the millennium.

Back on topic - Am I the only one who thinks the titles is lame as hell?

James Whale
06-03-2008, 09:00 PM
It has to be an animated movie. Well, is it? I would love to see a GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW movie! Remember, Neal Adams? The 70's comic book series is an all time classic. Denny O Neil and Neal Adams created this classic.

Amalthea_unicorn
06-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Great!

I haven't read the Green Arrow comics for years!

Phalanx
06-04-2008, 05:29 AM
It has to be an animated movie. Well, is it? I would love to see a GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW movie! Remember, Neal Adams? The 70's comic book series is an all time classic. Denny O Neil and Neal Adams created this classic.

...Yeah, or each character didn't at the time have the depth, supporting cast, or range of "good" villains to make for a decent solo series at the time...I've tried reading that...trust me, I think that maybe you'd have liked it when you were younger (because EVERYTHING was fucking awesome back then), but if you read it now, it's pretty shithouse. Roaming accross the country with no ongoing storylines and no real overall theme other than the whole "road trip" bit.
Both characters FAR exceeded the limits of this comic in their (all) later solo series.

And yes RETURN, I think it's a fucking pathetic title - I assume it's just the working title. Just wonder if this one'll be set in Rykers or Arkham. (I assume Arkham)
A fight with Merlyn would be pretty cool.
I think it's a pretty good format for the film, and I'll probably see it either way.

massacre man
08-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Blade: Trinity filmmaker David Goyer is steering clear of any Heath Ledger controversy in his new Green Arrow movie - his Joker won't even appear in the film.

Instead, Goyer's colourful villain will simply be referenced on a prison cell door.

The respectful director scrapped any visual reference of the real Joker after Ledger, who plays the bad guy in the new Batman movie The Dark Knight, died from an accidental drugs overdose at the beginning of the year.

Goyer tells MTV News, "You don't actually see him, just his name on a cell... That's one cross-pollination we would stay away from."

But the director's Green Arrow: Escape From Super Max will feature at least one classic comic book baddie - Superman's arch-foe Lex Luthor. An unknown will be cast to portray the character who has been played by Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey on the big screen.

_____V_____
08-17-2008, 08:22 PM
This will become a cause of worry and a headache soon.

As if Nicholson's shoes werent big enough, now the biggest and most timeless shoes of Heath Ledger will be empty...for a long time. Makers wont be able to find any suitable matches after TDK, so The Joker will go off as cameos and special appearances in any future DC movie.

And that can be bad...

massacre man
08-17-2008, 08:47 PM
But from the sounds of it Heath Ledger would have likely played him again.

I'm sure it won't be too long before a new Joker emerges, but it'll have to be one hell of a talent.

_____V_____
12-12-2008, 08:17 AM
http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/898673/super-max/videos/supermax_marks_120808.html