PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti Westerns Disscusion

il cattivo
05-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Some of you may have seen Leones westerns (actually probably all of you have) but what about the forgotten classics such as Man Called Blade and Lucio Fulci's blood thirsty classics. Heres a threadto disscus Spaghetti Westerns, wether they be Leones classics or some ungerground gem you may remember being showncut to crap on T.V when you were younger.

Anyway, feel free to post away and have fun.

Cheers.....

Roderick Usher
05-19-2008, 01:33 AM
DJANGO! rules and MANNAJA, A MAN CALLED BLADE is pretty fucking great as well. I'm still not as well versed as I should be in this genre.

What's the best one I've never heard of?

And if you're Il Cattivo, I'm Il Buono

il cattivo
05-19-2008, 02:14 AM
lol at ugly....

My fav atm has to four of the apocalypse directed by Fulci...

The Mothman
05-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Django was pretty cool.
I like a lot of Lee Van Cleef stuff, Death Rides a Horse, the Sabata trilogy ect.
Leone stuff goes without saying.

The_Return
05-19-2008, 07:23 AM
I have to see more of Fulci's stuff in this genre....Four of the Apocalypse is a damn cool flick.

Django was pretty entertaining, but the music was pretty ridiculous...took me right out of the movie.

Psycom5k
05-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Ya know I never got what a spaghetti western was, but after reading this thread I have the assumption that its a western movie done by italians. Is that right?

Roderick Usher
05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Ya know I never got what a spaghetti western was, but after reading this thread I have the assumption that its a western movie done by italians. Is that right?

correct. the films are usually shot in Spain and have a cast of international actors.

Psycom5k
05-19-2008, 04:37 PM
correct. the films are usually shot in Spain and have a cast of international actors.

Huh, no shit. I don't think I've ever seen one, can you guys suggest like the best one of them all for me to check out?

AUSTIN316426808
05-19-2008, 05:02 PM
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

alkytrio666
05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Huh, no shit. I don't think I've ever seen one, can you guys suggest like the best one of them all for me to check out?
Well the best is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but I'm not as familiar with anyone in the genre outside of Leone, really.
But it goes without saying that you need to see that one, if not the entire trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, and TGTBATU).

Psycom5k
05-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Well the best is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, but I'm not as familiar with anyone in the genre outside of Leone, really.
But it goes without saying that you need to see that one, if not the entire trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For A Few Dollars More, and TGTBATU).

Ok but just so you know, I'm not a western guy. So 3 might be a little much for me, if I like tgtbatu I'll check out the others.

alkytrio666
05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Ok but just so you know, I'm not a western guy. So 3 might be a little much for me, if I like tgtbatu I'll check out the others.
Fair enough indeed. You should be pretty entertained, though. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is my very favorite film, so it comes highly recommended from me. It's a daring, funny, violent, epic film which is unlike any other.