PDA

View Full Version : Name of movie? Please help!

moviename?
05-17-2008, 07:43 PM
I am dying to figure out the name of a horror movie I saw on TV as a kid but am unable to, no matter how refined I make my google searches. I am 21 now and I estimate I was between 6 and 8 when I saw the movie, so it probably came out before 1994.

Here are the parts I remember:
A rock from outer space lands and gets shocked by electricity from power lines. A small (purple and liver-shaped I think) blob-like creature comes out and begins terrorizing a small town. I hardly remember any of the movie, but one scene I remember is the creature being in a jar on a family's countertop and making the jar slide off and shatter so it could break free. I also remember a man having swirly marks on his back after the creature attacked him. The only other scene I remember is a person chasing a softball (or maybe a baseball) under some trees where the creature was hanging out, but didn't get attacked at that moment.

Psycom5k
05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
The Gate

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093075/

Rayne
05-18-2008, 05:30 AM
My best guess would be Son Of The Blob (AKA Beware! The Blob)...The sequel to the original Blob.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068271/synopsis
The frozen Blob looked like pinkish purple crystals that they had put in a jar...When it thawed itself out, it shook itself off of a shelf and broke the jar.

The beginning of the movie would have shown flashbacks from the first movie, where the blob had come down in a meteor...At one point in the original movie, they had tried to electrocute the Blob with power lines, but it didn't work...So, they ended up freezing it.

A fun movie night would include the original 1958 Blob with Steve McQueen, followed by the 1972 Son Of The Blob, then the 1988 Remake...And if you wanna wait a little while, you can also add the 2009 remake that's on its way ;)

newb
05-18-2008, 05:39 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/81/Barbapapa.jpg

Rayne
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
A fun movie night would include the original 1958 Blob with Steve McQueen, followed by the 1972 Son Of The Blob, then the 1988 Remake

And...I have decided that we're gonna do this tonight, with lots of popcorn :)

Yes, I quoted myself :p

neverending
05-18-2008, 03:50 PM
Sounds like fun! Though I would probably leave when the remake came on.

Rayne
05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Sounds like fun! Though I would probably leave when the remake came on.

HaHa, I know you would...That's okay though, you could watch the original Wickerman while we watch the Blob remake...In fact, you could keep it :p :)

PSST...I'm actually looking forward to the 2009 Blob remake:o

Psycom5k
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
HaHa, I know you would...That's okay though, you could watch the original Wickerman while we watch the Blob remake...In fact, you could keep it :p :)

PSST...I'm actually looking forward to the 2009 Blob remake:o

ooooooh can I have it? Thats like my favorite old horror movie, well... after The Shining.

Rayne
05-18-2008, 03:58 PM
ooooooh can I have it? Thats like my favorite old horror movie, well... after The Shining.
You do realize it's the original Wickerman that I'd be willing to give up, and not the original Blob...Right?

Or do you really mean to say that the original Wickerman is one of your favorites?...Cuz, that would just surprise me a little