PDA

View Full Version : ET phone .....Vatican..lol

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Yup - the Pope and his Krew just came out said that they think aliens might exist..

The Pope's chief astronomer says that life on Mars cannot be ruled out.

Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

Wow the pope has his own chief astronomer...

Just as there are multiple forms of life on earth, so there could exist intelligent beings in outer space created by God. And some aliens could even be free from original sin, he speculates.

Way to shit on us homosapiens - no original sin for those guys. Is it the lack of water on Mars that makes the act of baptism so hard that God gave these guys a pass?

I would love to know how the line of communication between God and Papal father went where the conclusion is that Aliens are now part of the Catholic doctrine.

Rayne
05-14-2008, 01:20 PM
If God created aliens...Wouldn't it have been mentioned in the bible?

And some people believe that 'angels' are how aliens were interpreted at the time when the bible was written...

Interesting anyway

Posher778
05-14-2008, 01:21 PM
If God created aliens...Wouldn't it have been mentioned in the bible?

And some people believe that 'angels' are how aliens were interpreted at the time when the bible was written...

Interesting anyway

"God created the Heavens and the Earth"

What if the Aliens are part of the Heavens? Gah. The Bible can be interpreted in so many ways. Drives me insane.

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
What if the Aliens are part of the Heavens?

Well they got a bit left out didn't they......Even Unicorns got a mention in the bible but noe ALiens..

They really need a second sequal to the bible . I liked the sequal but they toned down a lot of shit for a PG13 with the New Testement. Even if they can't manage a sequal then a directors cut woulf be good and get it back to at least an R.

neverending
05-14-2008, 01:26 PM
What's to say "God" mentioned everything when it dictated the bible?

Posher778
05-14-2008, 01:28 PM

What if God is a cluster of all being aliens? And Jesus Christ was the human form of them? That makes sense I think, in a sci fi way. unless there's something technical I missed.

Rayne

I dunno...Just seems like everything ELSE was mentioned...Even dinosaurs can be lumped in with animals...

Papillon Noir
Well they got a bit left out didn't they......Even Unicorns got a mention in the bible but noe ALiens..

Where are unicorns mentioned in the Bible?

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 01:30 PM

Or is there a seperate Alien bible that we don't know about?

And I don't think he ditated it either - well the New Testement anyway as I'm talking about Catholics here.

neverending
05-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I dunno... I just don't see any reason to ridicule Catholics when they make an announcement that's at least pretty cool. I mean- why bother?

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Where are unicorns mentioned in the Bible?

Book of Job

I dunno... I just don't see any reason to ridicule Catholics when they make an announcement that's at least pretty cool. I mean- why bother?

I dunno - I guess because of what they teach/declare as dogma has a huge effect on how people live their lives.

Ok - i'm not sure how this came about but I'd like to know why the Catholic Church not believe in ALIENS. It just sounds like that Life of Brian line that 'You're making it up as you go along..' - is this this more stuff to blur the science/evolution/intelligent design/Noodley Monster debate?

Rayne
05-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I dunno... I just don't see any reason to ridicule Catholics when they make an announcement that's at least pretty cool. I mean- why bother?Well, I personally am not ridiculing...Just raised some questions for me...That's all :)

To each his own...I just like to try to understand things

Posher778
05-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm a christian. Not ridiculing any viewpoint here. I like bringing up debates and questions like this. For the record, i'm the one who believes in the Loch Ness Monster, aliens, and huge kraken monsters that we haven't found yet.

Rayne
05-14-2008, 02:03 PM
huge kraken monsters that we haven't found yet.

I definitely think THAT'S possible...Depths that we can't reach can hold ANYTHING...And why wouldn't things be HUGE at that depth?...Most aquatic animals can grow as large as their environment will allow them to...They wouldn't be restricted in the depths of the ocean.

Posher778
05-14-2008, 02:08 PM
I definitely think THAT'S possible...Depths that we can't reach can hold ANYTHING...And why wouldn't things be HUGE at that depth?...Most aquatic animals can grow as large as their environment will allow them to...They wouldn't be restricted in the depths of the ocean.

I hope we find one someday. I want to see it. I really would like to see a huge Kraken. Not those stupid Giant Squids. They really aren't that big. I think it's pathetic how some researchers think that's so amazing that there's a 50 foot tentacle wuss out there. No shit sherlock. I want to see.... a 150 foot KILLER!

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm a christian. Not ridiculing any viewpoint here. I like bringing up debates and questions like this. For the record, i'm the one who believes in the Loch Ness Monster, aliens, and huge kraken monsters that we haven't found yet.

I was talking about Catholics in particular not christians in general. And for the record I'm a Catholic.

And yeah its fine for you to believe what ever you want. Personally I have not idea if there are aliens, loch nes monsters or Krackens, well no proof has swayed me either way (well except for Nessie but thats speculation not proof) but my point is what you believe or not is not passed onto millions of people and has now become part of their religious believe. Thats the difference.

Psycom5k
05-14-2008, 02:14 PM

Well... I dunno if this is a kraken monster, but they allready have found giant squid, I think they even have pictures.

Anyways, if there is a god, and this god created everything, then why make all those other planents in the thousands of galaxies in the universe, and not put anything on any of them? Hell even without the religious tone there, all thos planets and no other life forms? Whoever thinks that we are alone are dumb. But thats just my opinion

Edit: I hope we find one someday. I want to see it. I really would like to see a huge Kraken. Not those stupid Giant Squids. They really aren't that big. I think it's pathetic how some researchers think that's so amazing that there's a 50 foot tentacle wuss out there. No shit sherlock. I want to see.... a 150 foot KILLER!

Ok so... I was a little late...

Posher778
05-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Well... I dunno if this is a kraken monster, but they allready have found giant squid, I think they even have pictures.

I hope we find one someday. I want to see it. I really would like to see a huge Kraken. Not those stupid Giant Squids. They really aren't that big. I think it's pathetic how some researchers think that's so amazing that there's a 50 foot tentacle wuss out there. No shit sherlock. I want to see.... a 150 foot KILLER!

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I dunno if this is a kraken monster, but they allready have found giant squid, I think they even have pictures.

Unfortunally its not really as big as we all wanted :-( - I still hope.

Hell even without the religious tone there, all thos planets and no other life forms? Whoever thinks that we are alone are dumb. But thats just my opinion

Well the thing is that we have no proof either way.. To definally believe there is or isn't life out there is just native. Of course there is a possibilty and there seems to be a lot of rocks out there too.

Psycom5k
05-14-2008, 02:18 PM

Yeah, I was editing my post while you were posting, I started to type up the post and got distracted for a minute or two and then finished it and sent it, so I didn't see what you said.

Vodstok
05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
I remember my aunt and uncle being relieved when the last pope said it was okay to love your kids even if they are gay. There is nothing inherently wrong with catholicism, but the idiots in charge get my blood boiling.

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 02:24 PM
There is nothing inherently wrong with catholicism, but the idiots in charge get my blood boiling.

Insert Christianity for catholicism then you are right..

I feel sorry for all those people in hell for eating Meat on Fridays before they revoked that one...What about Limbo where are all those dead babies* now ?

Rayne
05-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I just think it's odd for anyone to tell someone else what they can and cannot believe...And I find it even more odd that some people accept that they can only believe what someone else tells them to believe...

Psycom5k
05-14-2008, 02:33 PM

Well the thing is that we have no proof either way.. To definally believe there is or isn't life out there is just native. Of course there is a possibilty and there seems to be a lot of rocks out there too.

Well...

We have so far discovered 9 in our solar system, and 185 orbiting other stars (as of April. 2006).

But the real number is astronomically huge. There are about 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. If each of them have the same number of planets (on average) as our own sun, then that's about 4 trillion planets in our own galaxy alone. Multiply that by an estimated 125 billion galaxies in the universe ... thats alot of planets.

Ok, 500 trillion planets, allbeit thats just a guesstimate, but do you know the chances of there not being any other life forms of any kind, that are alive on another planet at this moment? I don't, since i don't know how to calculate something like that, but I bet its close to 500 trillion to 1. I mean cmon, aside from the whole religion thing, the earth was created the same way as every other planet out there. How could there not be one single life form on any one of those planets?

Edit: Ok my math was wrong, the number is much much huger.... but you get what I mean

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
I just think it's odd for anyone to tell someone else what they can and cannot believe...

Unfortunally it goes much further than that...I live in Ireland - which south of the border is pretty much completely Catholic. Now the churches influence has completely extented to the ballot box too with thier influence on referendums with regard to abortion and divorce....So not only are they telling people what they can or cannot believe but are directly influencing major aspects of peoples lives.

I'l tell u another funny thing - in the 30's here the church preached openly from the pulpit to encourage Irish men to sign up and fight for freedon in the Spanish civil war...True story..and who did they want em to fight with - yes the Fascists. So they wanted irih men to fight and die to help Franco..

neverending
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM

I'm going to assume you mean naive, not native. But here's my problem with your post, and why I reacted the way I did. Here was the original quote from your first post:

[Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

COULD. He's admitting there's a POSSIBILITY. He's not passing down an edict that there is definitely (or definally, if we use your spelling) alien life. Yet you want to overstate his case and ridicule him for something he didn't say. Trying to stir up a controversy where there really isn't any. Again- why'?

neverending
05-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Okay- never mind- I see where you want to go with all this. Why not just start out there instead of pretending you wanted to talk about this recent announcement.

Vodstok
05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Religion has no place in government.l End of story. Morality does not require religion.

to my knowledge, the catholic church is the only leg of christianity that has a ruling counsel that tells people how to think and live.not to piss on your beliefs, but i have a problem with the people directing it.

Dont think i am picking on just catholicism, though. i have a problem with anyone or group that tells people how to think.

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm going to assume you mean naive, not native.

Yup typo..

He's admitting there's a POSSIBILITY. He's not passing down an edict that there is definitely

My point as a representative of the church is where is he getting this from. So the Catholic church now thinks there MIGHT be Aliens. Is this way of thinking because of science or some thing that has been passed from God to the Holy Father. Has there been any further break throughs on prove there is intelligent life out there..

Trying to stir up a controversy where there really isn't any. Again- why'?

Not controversy but i'm wondering what the motivation behind something like this is...

neverending
05-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Slow day at the Vatican?

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Found the unicorn bit:

In Job 39:9-12 God asks, "Will the unicorn be willing to serve you, or abide by your crib? Can you bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after you? Wilt you trust him, because his strength is great?"

Not sure where they still stand with Unicorns.

Vodstok
05-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Slow day at the Vatican?
showing there arrogance again by commenting on something they have no business being involved in.

I dont necesarrily think that science and religion should be mutually exclusive, but let me just say, i would not ask a volcanologist (for example) to weigh in on a spiritual or moral issue.

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 03:03 PM
showing there arrogance again by commenting on something they have no business being involved in.

I dont necesarrily think that science and religion should be mutually exclusive, but let me just say, i would not ask a volcanologist (for example) to weigh in on a spiritual or moral issue.

Its even more than that though..

I could be wroong but since the formation of the catholic church have they ever made one statement about aliens/ETs etc. I don't think they have. But now the whole evolution vs Inteligent design date has emerged - i think this is just another stab at the God is a scientist theme...

Despare
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Wait a second, you're saying somebody who is deeply religious and committed to the church of their denomination cannot pursue and achieve a degree in anything they're interested in? The religion has no bearing on the skill of the astronomer. I wonder if it was Funes...

"The Vatican operates a telescope on one of the highest peaks in Arizona and it is utilized by a group of Jesuit priests/scientists, Father Jose Funes being one of them.

Funes, an astronomer and a Jesuit priest, is one of a dozen scientists, most of them Jesuits, associated with the Vatican Observatory Research Group that operate the Arizona telescope and engages in advanced astrophysics, cosmology and galactic and extragalactic research.

The Catholic Church engages in scientific research and these Jesuit scientists continue to show that the gap between science and religion can be bridged and that there need not be any conflict. These priests however have shared the view of many that creationism or ID has no place in a science classroom. Father Funes states:“When I teach at the University of Arizona, I tell students, I am a priest, a Jesuit, but my class is a science class ... and Science is about natural, not supernatural causes.”

Funes is mapping the formation and evolution of galaxies within 100 million light years of Earth. By the time the project is completed, he will have observed about 400 galaxies.

The telescope on Mt. Graham, a 10,700-foot peak, was inaugurated in September 1993. It was the first telescope in the world to use a mirror spun from a ceramic mold, a technique pioneered at the University of Arizona. A few yards away, the university has its own much larger double telescope with two giant mirrors that act like binoculars that can pull in images sharp enough to read a newspaper 5 miles away."

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 03:13 PM
The religion has no bearing on the skill of the astronomer.

Nope but his statement is that as a representive of the Catholic church..And its not like a commentry track where they say his views aren't those of Anchor Bay or what ever...

Despare
05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Nope but his statement is that as a representive of the Catholic church..And its not like a commentry track where they say his views aren't those of Anchor Bay or what ever...

That's ok, it's like an expert witness. If I employed a seismologist I would let him speak on my behalf about the real strength of China's last earthquake...

PhilmPhanMan
05-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Yup - the Pope and his Krew just came out said that they think aliens might exist..

Wow the pope has his own chief astronomer...

Way to shit on us homosapiens - no original sin for those guys. Is it the lack of water on Mars that makes the act of baptism so hard that God gave these guys a pass?

I would love to know how the line of communication between God and Papal father went where the conclusion is that Aliens are now part of the Catholic doctrine.

MR.F13
Please don't think me a know it all POS or someone seeking attention. (although who isn't when we post on public forums? It's pretty obvious that we are all looking for human interaction.)

It's just that I love to communicate with others and frankly people that enjoy a good scare are normally more receptive than the more pedestrian of heart.

This is actually fairly old news. The catholic church as far as public record is concerned has acknowledged at very least the possibility of extraterrestrials for at least the last 20-30 years. The Catholic church as a world power socio political organization will provide a very fundamental introduction to the REALITY of UFOs and the races that pilot them. This being in an effort to prevent world wide panic and the complete breakdown of religious based mass control as it's inevitable.

It would take someone with a colossal amount of blind faith and a complete disregard for objectivity to refute the reality of UFOs at this point. There is just too much militarily/scientifically derived surveillance evidence, mass sightings and credible witnesses at this point. The governmental social powers that be have known for over 50 years that they would have no choice but to sequentially "break it gently" to the world's populous or risk tremendous upheaval as a result of their complete denial.

To give you an idea of just how powerful the media can be as a tool of the government for the sake of information suppression and discredit: Over the last 5-10 years, the former Defense Minister of Canada has been one of the strongest public supporters of the reality of the UFO phenomenon. He has lectured around the globe hand in hand (not gay related) with various high ranking members of both publicly and privately recognized intelligentsia think tanks. This being in an effort to further expand the scientific studies of UFOs among very credible researchers and institutions (not that kind). Many of these think tank members include current high level intelligence agents, retired air force officers(globally networked with other countries), astronauts & highly accredited scientists of every walk. It's cool shit and the coolest thing is that it's most definitely 4real.

The_Return
05-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I went to the Vatican a couple months back...buddy of mine stole shit from the giftshop.

pinkfloyd45769
05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
I try to keep an open mind and i know there are things that have no explanation and may never.I'm just a person that needs proof(not some fake ass crop circles)that aliens or whatever exsist.I'm not trying to piss anyone off or whatever,its just how i look at things.The Mothman is big shit where i live.Everyone,old and young,think they have seen it.There are so many dumbasses with a video camera trying to catch a glimpse.I've heard all the stories,watched the shitty movie,ad been to our little museum..still i do not believe it.If the thing came down and shit on my head,i would believe its real.I'm just saying i need proof.

Ferox13
05-14-2008, 10:02 PM
MR.F13
Please don't think me a know it all POS or someone seeking attention.

DAmn - why would i do that - the opposite, i welcome what u add to to this.

This is actually fairly old news. The catholic church as far as public record is concerned has acknowledged at very least the possibility of extraterrestrials for at least the last 20-30 years. The Catholic church as a world power socio political organization will provide a very fundamental introduction to the REALITY of UFOs and the races that pilot them.

Wow - this is news to me (not that I've any knowledge on the subject) but I have never heard a single statement made by the Church with regard to Aliens. Would you have any references/links to this.

I guess it does make sense (though I'm not 100% in agreement that it takes a colossal amount of blind faith and a complete disregard for objectivity not to believe) in that the Church has to move with the times. It wasn't that long ago that they believed in burning heretics alive..

I wonder if it was Funes...

Yup named him in the first post:

'Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.'

Dude Guadalupe
05-15-2008, 12:36 AM
I'm not a fan of organized religion or much anything else organized, but I won't take shots at them. My question is, if the catholic church has acknowledged the possibility of extra terrestrial life for years already, then why is it such a big deal now? Why is it just now making headlines and getting radio air time? And how long until they acknowledge the possibility of bigfoot, loch ness monster, and the chupacabra, or the possibility that Elvis still lives? Ok maybe not the Elvis part, but still.

It just seems unimportant, anyone who was going to believe already does regardless of their religious affiliation.

neverending
05-15-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, of course Elvis lives!

Papillon Noir
05-15-2008, 05:58 AM
Found the unicorn bit:

In Job 39:9-12 God asks, "Will the unicorn be willing to serve you, or abide by your crib? Can you bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after you? Wilt you trust him, because his strength is great?"

Not sure where they still stand with Unicorns.

I think that translation is from the old king james bible, here's the one from the new american standard bible in which a wild ox is mentioned, not a unicorn:

"Will the (A)wild ox consent to serve you,
Or will he spend the night at your manger?
Can you bind the wild ox in a furrow with ropes,
Or will he harrow the valleys after you?
Will you trust him because his strength is great
And leave your labor to him?
Will you have faith in him that he will return your grain
And gather it from your threshing floor?"

Unicorn comes from the latin meaning "one horn" and considering all the translations that bible has gone through, including latin, it does not necessarily mean they were talking about this:

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l205/Noir_HarleyQuinn/UnicornRainbow.jpg

Ferox13
05-15-2008, 06:48 AM
ahh I'm sure they meant Unicorns..honestly..

Vodstok
05-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Wait a second, you're saying somebody who is deeply religious and committed to the church of their denomination cannot pursue and achieve a degree in anything they're interested in? The religion has no bearing on the skill of the astronomer. I wonder if it was Funes...

I completely agree, i just do not entirely trust their motivation. Churches in general have a shady history of twisting the truth to serve their own needs.

Yes, I am completely cynical about the whole thing.

PhilmPhanMan
05-15-2008, 07:19 AM
DAmn - why would i do that - the opposite, i welcome what u add to to this.

Wow - this is news to me (not that I've any knowledge on the subject) but I have never heard a single statement made by the Church with regard to Aliens. Would you have any references/links to this.

I guess it does make sense (though I'm not 100% in agreement that it takes a colossal amount of blind faith and a complete disregard for objectivity not to believe) in that the Church has to move with the times. It wasn't that long ago that they believed in burning heretics alive..

Yup named him in the first post:

'Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.'

First off, THANKS for being so cool to me. :) This subject holds great fascination for me and I have done many hours of research on it. A friend and I had a very real UFO sighting as well.

There is a great deal of information on UFOs and the alien community but as I stated, that information is GREATLY suppressed. This information is also kept in a very sidelined (made to be suspect) channel of availability to the public.

I apologize if I came off in a way that made it seem as though a UFO skeptic were an idiot. I am a VERY skeptical person by nature and this subject, as all subjects of a Fortean nature are, subject to great and necessary skepticism. That is until such subjects as bombarded with so much scientific scrutiny that denying their plausibility is simply no longer possible.

The film that NASA has taken and that has been leaked to high level UFO researchers is simply astounding. How does craft that literally is on satellite digital imagery tape containing 1 mile (that's right, I said 1 mile) in diameter space craft, that has been subjected to the most serious of analysis, go unknown to the general public? High level government suppression. That's how.

I highly recommend the following for an introduction to the reality of things you won't find taught in schools or within the immense confines of organized religion.

http://theufostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=U555DVD&Category_Code=DVD&Product_Count=29

A great deal of the information contained in this interview series is of a truly incredible nature. I suggest taking random bits and pieces if the information and then researching that information objectively on your own. You will be SHOCKED at the substance that information bears out. So much so that you will start taking a much closer look at the whole nine. This series is available via Netflix as well.

It's so critical to understand the origins of any organization. One such organization is the Catholic church. It's also critically important to understand what the bible really is and more importantly what language it's many books that make it up were originally written in.

Aliens were in fact mentioned in the old testament. They are the Nephilim or Nefilim.

_____V_____
05-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Science and devout Churchists have been at constant loggerheads for awhile...

...maybe this is a way of blending the two forces together. (The guys at the Vatican have become cool?! :rolleyes: )

"We need a proper sense of God, one derived in the dialogue between religion and science," he said in an address on the implications of Martian life to the American Association's annual meeting in Seattle.

"We have always believed that God created all things. If he created life elsewhere, then fair enough."

Shows their stance on things as they stand.

I wonder if a startling revelation from the scientists looms in the horizon as we speak...

Ferox13
05-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Aliens were in fact mentioned in the old testament. They are the Nephilim or Nefilim.

I've never heard them called such but i'm not exactly well read on it.

I'm skeptical about most things as most people should be - you never get to hear the truth - information in most forms tends to be twisted by the agenda of those relaying it.

I really don't know if there are Aliens and I've not done enough research to even discuss in detail but i would hazard a guess at saying we don't know the full story with regards to what people generally refer to 'Close encounters' etc.

Despare
05-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I completely agree, i just do not entirely trust their motivation. Churches in general have a shady history of twisting the truth to serve their own needs.

Yes, I am completely cynical about the whole thing.

You're very right, like everybody the church does manipulate "facts" to further their agenda. Human nature I'm afraid. As cynical as you are about this I am about almost everything. :)

Nightmare-elm2112
05-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Vodstok

Religion has no place in government.l End of story. Morality does not require religion.

to my knowledge, the catholic church is the only leg of christianity that has a ruling counsel that tells people how to think and live.not to piss on your beliefs, but i have a problem with the people directing it.

Dont think i am picking on just catholicism, though. i have a problem with anyone or group that tells people how to think.

I am not trying to offend anybody but i ran in to a lot of Bible thumpers.

I am a christian but thees people took things way overboard.

One of them thinks disney is the root of all evil and she said that disney world has a homosexul day.

i also told her i was playing kingdom hearts for the ps2 and she looks straight at me and says Jimmy i think you have been dancing with the demons for far to long.

One man sad that the devil was trying to reach me through sonic the hedgehog.

They even said my cousin was going to go to hell:mad: I dint even ask for theme to tell me that i was just telling theme to pray for him and thats what they said.

Thees people were very judgmental if you did not do it the way they believe your going to hell. and a lot of theme thought that harry potter was evil and some of them did not.

Well on the alien subject most of theme say that god would of not crated other beings on other planets. and to them your wrong if you think so.

urgeok2
05-17-2008, 03:15 AM
Thees people were very judgmental if you did not do it the way they believe your going to hell. and a lot of theme thought that harry potter was evil and some of them did not.

not just judgemental - but completely fucking insane.