PDA

View Full Version : The A-Team

_____V_____
05-13-2008, 04:33 AM
May 13, 2008

George Peppard. How he rocked. When he spoke, even Mr T listened. He was Hannibal Smith on ‘’The A-Team’’ from neck to [toe]nails, wasn’t he?

When the studio announced – about 5 years ago now – that they were taking the 80s TV series and turning it into a movie, the only guy people claimed could fill Peppard’s shoes was Mel Gibson. Mel would be great in the role. Thing is with Mel, he doesn’t much act anymore, let alone do commercial blockbusters like this, so it was always going to be a battle getting him on board. Not to say it wouldn’t be a great movie for him.

There’s someone else for the role though, who’d be fantastic, and according to Latino Review is already in talks - none other than Bruce Willis!!

Yep, Bruno could be leading The A-Team. Now that could be cool. Maybe it’s even cooler than Mel Gibson leading the pack? You betcha it is.

John Singleton is attached to direct the “A-Team” movie, so its no surprise to expect Tyrese Gibson – A Singleton film staple – to snag the B.A Baracus role.

Roderick Usher
05-13-2008, 06:59 AM
They should cast Kimbo Slice as B.A.

urgeok2
05-13-2008, 07:14 AM
Kevin J. O'Connor as mad dog murdoch ?

or Jim Carrey if he wanted to take a career step backwards

Vodstok
05-13-2008, 08:05 AM
No, offer Mel the role of Murdock, he's looney for real, right?

Oh, wait. Murdock was nuts but not anti-semetic.

GorePhobia
05-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Bruce Willis would be a great choice.

They should just get Mr. T to be BA I mean fuck he looks EXACTLY the same.

The Mothman
05-15-2008, 02:50 PM
haha.
dude is such a beast.

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/files/2007/11/kimbo_slice.jpg

Roderick Usher
05-15-2008, 03:59 PM
haha.
dude is such a beast.

http://punch.freedomblogging.com/files/2007/11/kimbo_slice.jpg

Mr. T broke onto the scene when he won the World's Toughest Bouncer contest - then Rocky III then A-Team

Kimbo is sooooo much like him, it's perfect.

Ferox13
05-17-2008, 01:25 AM

LOL - i did a fake poster for a A-Team Prequal film - 'The My Lai Years' and I thought Kimbo was the first person I thought of yoo..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/ferox-13/A-TEAM.jpg

GorePhobia
05-18-2008, 02:46 PM
WTF??????

lol

Psycom5k
05-18-2008, 03:54 PM
LOL - i did a fake poster for a A-Team Prequal film - 'The My Lai Years' and I thought Kimbo was the first person I thought of yoo..

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/ferox-13/A-TEAM.jpg

Thanks for the new background lol, I like that picture.

BrothersShamus
05-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Looks like they're going with Ice-Cube for BA, although I thought I heard they were going with somebody like Tyrese. Which would be quite letdown I think. I Like the Kimbo Slice idea though, maybe he can act.

_____V_____
08-08-2008, 09:49 PM
August 7, 2008

Looks like "A-Team" director John Singleton may have a decision to make: Is B.A going to be the oft-rumoured Tyrese Gibson or his old pal Ice Cube?

Cube tells The Los Angeles Times that he's very keen on wearing the Mohawk.

"Man, I am so ready to play ‘B.A.' Baracus. I was a big, big Mr. T fan. I mean, c'mon, Clubber Lang Rocky III") was amazing. I even watched his Saturday morning show, but that was cheesy. I was like everybody else, I watched it for about six weeks and said, ‘Man this isn't any good.' But the 'A-Team,' I would love for this to happen."

Cube hinted that he's already been talking to Singleton - whom he worked with, all those years ago, on "Boyz N' The Hood" - about the part.

"It's the thing we've been talking about lately, the thing on the other side of the strike or no-strike. I think it could be great. I always look at how they did ‘Mission: Impossible' and even how they upgraded Batman from what it was not that long ago. The key is the story and the director."

The Mothman
08-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I Like the Kimbo Slice idea though, maybe he can act.

come to think of it, Kimbo Slice would make the most terrifying Mr. T ever.

_____V_____
06-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Liam Neeson is in negotiations with 20th Century Fox to star in its long-gestating bigscreen adaptation of "The A-Team" as Col. John "Hannibal" Smith.

Bradley Cooper is in early talks to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck in the Joe Carnahan-directed pic based on the 1980s TV series.

Production begins in late August for a June 11, 2010, release.

Ridley Scott is producing with Jules Daly and series creator Stephen J. Cannell, with Tony Scott exec producing through Scott Free.

Carnahan and Brian Bloom polished a script by Skip Woods, whose recent script credits include "G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra" and "Wolverine."

Neeson is in talks to play Hannibal, the role originated by George Peppard, while Cooper would play "Faceman," the role played by Dirk Benedict.

Neeson and Fox are working out money issues. He is coming off the global hit "Taken" and most recently completed "Chloe" and "Clash of the Titans," playing Zeus in the latter.

Cooper has established himself as a commodity after his starring role in Todd Phillips-directed hit "The Hangover." He just completed playing the title role opposite Sandra Bullock in "All About Steve."

Carnahan, Fox and Scott Free have kept the series premise -- four war vets wrongly convicted of armed robbery escape from a military prison to become do-gooder mercenaries -- but they've replaced the campy nature of the series with a tone closer to those of "Mission: Impossible" and "Ocean's Eleven."

Still to be cast are the roles of Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock, played by Dwight Schultz in the original, and Sgt. "B.A." Baracus, the role that made Mr. T an '80s icon.

_____V_____
09-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Joe Carnahan's A-Team is currently filming in Vancouver, with Liam Neeson behind the cigar as Hannibal Smith and Bradley Cooper in the Corvette as Templeton "Faceman" Peck.

No word yet on a howlin' mad Murdoch, but The Vancouver Sun is reporting that the newest set arrival is Ultimate Fighting champion Rampage Jackson, donning Mr T's bling as Bosco "B. A." Baracus.

Casting rumours around the role have been rife, with Ving Rhames, Common and The Game all at one time or another said to be in the running. But Jackson's name was being touted as early as when John Singleton was attached to direct.

A mixed martial artist, Rampage (real name Quinton Ramone Jackson) is a former holder of the UFC's light-heavyweight title and is set to be a coach on the tenth season of reality show The Ultimate Fighter. He was to fight Rashad Evans at a UFC event in December, but has apparently had to pull out, due to his filming schedule (reports that it was because he wasn't getting on no damn plane have proved groundless).

As an actor, he's had bit parts in Confessions of a Pit Fighter and The Midnight Meat Train, which coincidentally starred Bradley Cooper.

_____V_____
09-10-2009, 08:01 AM
District 9 star Sharlto Copley has been offered the role of Murdock in the new A-Team movie - according to blackfilm.com.

Copley was hilarious as slimy bureaucrat Wikus van der Merwe in the Neill Blomkamp's hit sci-fi, a performance in what was his first ever acting gig.

If he accepts the role, he would join Liam Neeson (Hannibal) and Bradley Cooper (Faceman) who have already been cast in he film. Only yesterday rumours emerged that UFC star Quinton Jackson was in the running to play BA Baracus.

Director Joe Caranahan has begun filming the flick in Vancouver.

_____V_____
09-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Jessica Biel and Sharlto Copley ("District 9") are in final talks for Fox's "A-Team," opposite Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

Joe Carnahan is directing with Ridley Scott producing with Jules Daly and series creator Stephen J. Cannell.

Script by Skip Woods keeps the TV series premise of four wrongly convicted vets escaping from prison to become do-gooder mercenaries but carries a more serious tone than the small-screen version.

Lensing begins this fall in Vancouver.

Copley will portray helicopter pilot Capt. "Howling Mad" Murdock, a role originated by Dwight Schultz in the original series. Biel's set to play the ex-love of Cooper's character "Faceman," the general pursuing the team.

Neeson's set to play John "Hannibal" Smith, the role originated by George Peppard, and Jackson's on board as Sgt. "B.A." Baracus, portrayed by Mr. T in the series.

_____V_____
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Hot-on-the-heels of news that Sharlto Copley and Jessica Biel will appear in the forthcoming A-Team adaptation, Twentieth Century Fox has announced another addition to the cast.

According to EW, Patrick Wilson - aka Watchmen's Nite Owl II - will play a CIA operative in the eagerly anticipated film. Whether that makes him the movie's yet-to-be-announced bad guy remains to be seen, but it's encouraging to see the cast being filled out by an actor of his quality.

Liam Neeson (Hannibal), Bradley Cooper (Face), Quinton Jackson (B.A.) and the aforementioned Copley (Murdoch) will play the soldiers of fortune in question, while Biel has apparently been cast as an army General.

The A-Team is set to hit screens on June 11, 2010.

Ferox13
09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
come to think of it, Kimbo Slice would make the most terrifying Mr. T ever.

He has a small part in BLOOD AND BONE - heres the clip:

http://www.myvideofight.com/Other/Kimbo-Slice-in-Blood-And-Bone-Movie-Scene

wufongtan.
10-23-2009, 07:11 AM
Wtf? The A-team now has a female in it? like seriouz guyz wdf?

_____V_____
10-25-2009, 05:59 AM
A few on-set shots have already been snapped, but here at last is the first look at the new line-up of The A-Team, with Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson and Sharlto Copley stepping into the shoes of the Special Forces team framed for a crime they didn't commit but still determined to stay one step ahead of the law.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g12/ravenavi/37208.jpg

As you can see from this posed still, they certainly look the part. Squint at Neeson and you'd swear he was George Peppard back among us; Copley also looks eerily right. Whether they can recreate the spirit of the old team, while also building a flame-throwing tank out of 3 used toothbrushes and an empty yogurt carton remains to be seen, but we wouldn't bet against them.

The A-Team is out on July 30, 2010.

Ferox13
10-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Wtf? The A-team now has a female in it? like seriouz guyz wdf?

The reporter chick who hooks them up with action...

Weirdly enough Rampage looks to small to be Mr T in that picture (despite being a lot bigger than Mr T)

_____V_____
11-10-2009, 06:13 AM
A-Team fans rejoice, it appears that there will be at least one nod to the classic ’80s action franchise in Joe Carnahan’s upcoming modern remake.

The Official Dwight Schultz Fansite has the word that Schultz, who played “Howling Mad” Murdock in the original series, was recently in Vancouver filming a cameo part. He even had some kind words to say about District 9’s Sharlto Copely, who plays the new Murdock. Schultz calls Copely “brilliant beyond words”, and goes on to say, “honestly, if Sharlto is given an opportunity to do what I saw in that [screen] test, Murdock will be better than ever.”

It’s heartening to hear that Schultz is welcoming the new cast so warmly. Carnahan’s involvement certainly piqued everyone's interest, but it was the cast that really sold this A-Team remake.

There’s no word yet if the remaining A-Team cast members - Dirk Benedict and Mr. T - are getting similar cameo roles, but it would be surprising if they didn’t. Given what has been seen in Smokin’ Aces, its worth a wager that it’s well within Carnahan’s sense of humor to do so. With his biggest budget yet, and a seemingly killer cast, there’s little excuse if he somehow screws this up.

Ferox13
11-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Also fuck Rampage for going off and doing this rather than fighting Rashad.