PDA

View Full Version : What was the name of that movie?

Demon Seed
05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
There was a guy that was haunted by flashbacks of some place from when he was a kid. He was driving with his son when he had one of the flashbacks and it made him have a heart attack. He had a picture of some people who died in the house from when he was little. In the picture, their eyes were blacked out because they were dead, and when he saw their ghosts they would disappear from the picture. One of the ghosts was some guy crawling on the ceiling in one part. I think they were some kind of scouts when they were little. Maybe the picture was of people who were in the scouts with him. There was also a part with a girl who had an abusive father.

There was something about a stained-glass window, the camera zoomed in on it and a kid freaked out.

Does anyone know what this is? I'm not very good at describing things.

Rayne
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
I hope you guys can help him figure out what this movie is...He said he watched it with me, but I can't remember seeing anything like this...I asked him if maybe he was mixing a couple of movies together, but he was adamant about it, he said it was like this...

I really have no idea...If he watched it with ME, it could have been just about anything from any year.

alkytrio666
05-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Some of those elements sound like Dead Birds...but others don't.

http://www.celluloid-dreams.de/content/images/kritiken-filmbilder/dead-birds/dead-birds-2.jpg

Rayne
05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Some of those elements sound like Dead Birds...but others don't.OH, that's a VERY good possibility...I DID watch that with him and I can't remember what it was about AT ALL :D

I just asked him, he said the name doesn't sound familiar, but I'm gonna have him watch it again in a little bit, because it really might be it...He's watching Night John right now, for school (American History - Slavery).

EDIT: I told him to come and look at your picture real quick...He said that doesn't look familiar either...He said that only the empty eyes kinda look like the blacked out eyes...

Oh well, I still say it was a great guess...And now I'M gonna watch Dead Birds again...Because I really don't remember it...But, I kinda think I liked it :)

The STE
05-05-2008, 08:40 PM
It's The Gate.

alkytrio666
05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
OH, that's a VERY good possibility...I DID watch that with him and I can't remember what it was about AT ALL :D

I just asked him, he said the name doesn't sound familiar, but I'm gonna have him watch it again in a little bit, because it really might be it...He's watching Night John right now, for school (American History - Slavery).

EDIT: I told him to come and look at your picture real quick...He said that doesn't look familiar either...He said that only the empty eyes kinda look like the blacked out eyes...

Oh well, I still say it was a great guess...And now I'M gonna watch Dead Birds again...Because I really don't remember it...But, I kinda think I liked it :)
'Tis a nice little shocker! I'm sure you'll enjoy it- I know I did.
Damn shame it wasn't the answer though.

Rayne
05-05-2008, 09:49 PM
'Tis a nice little shocker! I'm sure you'll enjoy it- I know I did.
Damn shame it wasn't the answer though.
I was just reading the synopsis to him, he said there weren't any soldiers...He said there were kids dressed in green with little green berets, some kind of scouts.

And now that I've read it, I DO remember some of Dead Birds...And...I AM going to watch it again tonight...Thanks for reminding me :)

urgeok2
05-06-2008, 05:58 AM
its one of those recent movies around the time of boogyman..

took place in europe somewhere...the family moved back to europe for some reason

one of those - stay out of the dark movies.

if i can remember the name of the girl in it i'll get the title

it's not Dead Birds

it had something to do with an orphanage where something awful happened - then the family came back years later and stuff started happening again.

ghosts of the kids .. but malicious - not like The Orphanage.

newb
05-06-2008, 06:08 AM
its one of those recent movies around the time of boogyman..

took place in europe somewhere...the family moved back to europe for some reason

one of those - stay out of the dark movies.

if i can remember the name of the girl in it i'll get the title

it's not Dead Birds

it had something to do with an orphanage where something awful happened - then the family came back years later and stuff started happening again.

ghosts of the kids .. but malicious - not like The Orphanage.

That sounds like The Woods---http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380066/

but that was only 2 years ago

urgeok2
05-06-2008, 06:12 AM
no - i havent seen that one ..

i KNOW THIS movie ..

i may have some parts mixed with another movie but i'm sure i know it.

i think the girl gets away in the end - she's driving away in a car (she's in the back) ... but then something happenes where you know she didnt escape.

there was a scene in a kitchen in the haunted house where she had to keep away from the shadows...

the actress in it is well known ... i just cant remember who it is.

urgeok2
05-06-2008, 06:14 AM
ah got it :

darkness

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273517/

newb
05-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Didn't "Alone in the Dark" have something to do with orphans?

nevermind

urgeok2
05-06-2008, 06:21 AM
i nae kinna remember laddie.

it's Darkness ... i knew from the initial description (the heart attack in the car, etc)

newb
05-06-2008, 06:25 AM
i nae kinna remember laddie.

it's Darkness ... i knew from the initial description (the heart attack in the car, etc)

I never saw it....it had kind of a shitty write-up so I passed

Rayne
05-06-2008, 06:54 AM
ah got it :

darkness

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0273517/Holy CRAP!...That's IT!...As soon as I saw the name, I actually remembered watching the movie...Thanks SO much :)

We've just watched so many movies, I can't even remember them all, much less remember the names...AMAZED that you can, because I know that you watch tons of them, too...They all just start to run together for me at some points, ya know?

Alex will be very happy...You know how it is, how frustrating when you just can't remember something...And he really liked this movie, so now he can watch it again :)

Thank you to Newb and Alky for trying to help :)

urgeok2
05-06-2008, 07:16 AM
what ran together foe me were plot points ..

about 3 'stay out of the dark' movies came out at roughly the same time ..

Demon Seed
05-06-2008, 02:48 PM
what ran together foe me were plot points ..

about 3 'stay out of the dark' movies came out at roughly the same time ..
I remember Darkness Falls. That was one of them

Thanks for figuring this out. I'm going to watch it now :)

urgeok2
05-06-2008, 04:28 PM
boogyman was another ..

anyway - enjoy ..

ChronoGrl
05-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Some of those elements sound like Dead Birds...but others don't.

http://www.celluloid-dreams.de/content/images/kritiken-filmbilder/dead-birds/dead-birds-2.jpg

Now I want to see Dead Birds.

Are you guys referring to the original or the remake?