PDA

View Full Version : The ending of Iron Man

Psycom5k
05-04-2008, 09:45 PM
So I just got home from seeing Iron Man, and I am freaking psyched. I had heard that after the credits there was something very big, so unlike most of the people at the theator, me and my buddies, along with a few other people, sat through the credits. And what do you know, I hear a certain actors voice that I had been hoping was going to play a certain key character in the Marvel universe(The Ultimate one anyways). Those who actually read comics, and have sat through the credits will know what I'm talking about. Anyways for those who did, what do you think? Are you as excited as I am? And did you notice the 2 clues in the movie? Please try to be as vague as possible for those who haven't seen the movie because, I'd rather not spoil it for people.

ferretchucker
05-05-2008, 02:25 AM
I haven't seen the movie but I do know what you're talking about and it's good that they're finally going into setting it up. And did you know tony stark is gonna have a cameo in the incredible hulk?

Phalanx
05-05-2008, 02:52 AM
And did you know tony stark is gonna have a cameo in the incredible hulk
Yup, I have a theory there...

I hear a certain actors voice that I had been hoping was going to play a certain key character in the Marvel universe(The Ultimate one anyways)
Yeah, Nick Fury is codenamed "avenger" as I understand it.
(Ha, I think it actually started as an in-joke, I remember distinctly reading an issue of the ultimates <<this is the ultimate universes **what if marvel charactes started in the modern day** avengers title>>waaaaay back in which nick fury, portrayed as a black dude in the ultimate universe, was discussing the potential of a movie offer made to the members of the newly formed "ultimates", in which he said there'd be no doubt whatsoever who played him.
I mean...
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u252/TheBraxcave/furyjackson.jpg
...who else, yeah?

Which would bring me back to my theory.

Long rumoured has been an avengers film.
So, we've had iron-man, about to have the incredible HULK, crossover appearances, and a Captain America film in the works.
All are set in the modern day, and have just had their "origin" tales,
while Fury in the background, a govt official who oversees the avengers?
I don't think it's going to be an avengers movie, even if it's called that, it's pretty much going to be the live action "ultimates" film.
There's already been 2 feature length animated films of the "ultimate avengers" - a noteable amalgamation of the two titles solely for wider recognition, I saw the first one which was awesome - I'd reccomend it, even if only to see the hulk beat the shit out of pretty much all of them, superbly.

So yeah, I think that's where they seem to be heading with this whole deal.
Now, to see iron-man...

Psycom5k
05-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Well... I was trying to leave out the spoilers but yeah, after seeing him on screen playing nick fury I flipped. I had always been hoping he would play him. So there is obviously an avengers movie in the works, I've read about it before, and that little hint at the end just sealed the deal. I had my suspitions when I heard about the new hulk movie that had nothing to do with the old one. I'm wondering who is going to play the wasp.

GorePhobia
05-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Iron Man was ballin' and Sam Jackson is the shit.

That's all I need to say.

ferretchucker
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Just got back from seeing it at the cinema. 2 words - Awe-some.
My favourite marvel film to date. And I stayed for after the credits. Looks like they definetely are getting things in the works.

As for the ultimates theory, I'd say it's possible, but as far as I can tell the Iron man movie wasn't much like ultimate iron man and I think they may have just used the samuel L Jackson nick fury because it looks better to non comic readers than a real person playing the classic nick fury look. And also, one version of Nick fury was based solely on Sam, so it's better than getting another actor to look like the classic version.

P.S - POST 4,000