PDA

View Full Version : The River's Edge....

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 11:26 AM
What did everyone think of this piece of 80's cynicism? Kind of a swift kick in the nuts to all the John Hughes films. I know it's not exactly horror, but it did inspire at least one true-life murder, and Crispin Glover does literally poke a body with a stick.

avenger00soul
01-20-2004, 08:53 AM
This is coming on Flix soon so I'll probably check it out.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Let me know what you think!

avenger00soul
01-20-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Let me know what you think!

Will do.

Ritualistic
01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I heard about this movie for years from people and I finally found it at Hollywood Video about 5 years back. I really love this movie, and you know this is actually one of Keanu`s better roles. Now this is real life it really depicts teenagers lives.. just my opinion though.. on another note, sorry guyz I am not online during the week very often. But will catch up on posts on the weekend. :-) and on one more note Hehee WTF is up with the general threads... !!!

dmihatmttl
01-21-2004, 05:40 AM
I bought this one not too long ago. Decent flick. I love the whole bleak "tone," the feel of this sad little town where nothing exciting ever happens unless it's bad (as with the case of the murder at the center of the plot, which begins as a secret but then more and more people learn about it as the movie progresses), and the kids just seem so *alone*, as if their parents quit caring about them a long time ago.

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

abbycomix
01-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Yeah, this was good and disturbing. Crispin Glover always impresses!

Elvis_Christ
02-03-2004, 02:55 PM
This is one of my all time favorite movies it never fails to impress everytime I watch it and its THE only good thing Keanu Reeves has evr done (apart from Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey - gotta give that some credit!)