PDA

View Full Version : Jason Vs Freddie = Bad Movie

bigkev119
01-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Jason VS Freddie Is one bad movie. I saw it the other night and it stunk. ITS a goog thing i didnt buy it.Whoever didnt see it, Dont.

allmykids
01-19-2004, 11:32 AM
WELCOME, Havn't seen it yet but i still want to.

KRUGERKID13
01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
it is an exccelent movie. sure ther are a few plot errors but to have two killer of that magnatude in one film my god. if you like slasher flicks then this is the ultimate film. if you dont then thats your opinion but you shouldnt say its a bad movie.

Jason Hodder
01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
I have to say that I loved the movie. As was stated there were a few plot holes but overall it was a really fun movie. It didn't take itself seriously & that was what made it so fun to watch. I think the two biggest downsides were Kane Hodder was not Jason, but that is done, & how Jason was afraid of water. Anyone that watched the movies before knows that he had no problem going into the lake, which is WATER!!!!

Other then that and a few little points it wa great fun. The DVD is really good. The deleated scenes were nothing special but the behind the scenes featurettes were really good. Also, England is great on the commentary. Really funny guy.

It could have either been a good movie or a bad movie seeing how anticipated it was. We were lucky since we got a good movie out of it.

Worth the money to get it.

_Leatha_Face_
01-19-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by allmykids
WELCOME, Havn't seen it yet but i still want to. dont let him fool you it is a good ass movie

friday13thfan
01-19-2004, 01:01 PM
first off it is called freddy vs jason and it was a kick ass movie

Digital Murders
01-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by bigkev119
Jason VS Freddie Is one bad movie. I saw it the other night and it stunk. ITS a goog thing i didnt buy it.Whoever didnt see it, Dont.

Great movie.

And let me guess? The Ring was the best horror you've ever seen.:rolleyes:

Killer Clown#1
01-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Digital Murders
Great movie.

And let me guess? The Ring was the best horror you've ever seen.:rolleyes: Oh yeah

Sam The Egg
01-19-2004, 02:24 PM
there's a forum for this kind of stuff ya know.

PsychoticPanda
01-21-2004, 11:35 AM
It's not a fucking Oscar-winning movie, but come on. All it is, is just a teen-horror-slasher-comedy kind of thing. That's all it's supposed to be.

I really liked the movie. If you haven't seen it, you should. :p

Sam The Egg
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
Hey, judging by the ideas they had before, FvsJ is a miracle. Even without Kane Hodder, everything just worked. It would've been better with Hodder, but it just had the 'thing'. The beggining part was a better-than-average Dead Teenager movie, and once Freddy was in the real world it seemed almost...epic, which is what it needed to do, given the buildup.

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Hey, judging by the ideas they had before, FvsJ is a miracle.

Did you hear about the one where they were literally going to be a boxing ring and Dahmer was going to be the referee????

Sam The Egg
01-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah. Did you hear about the one where Freddy raped Jason?

Sure, I left out some details, but it sounds so funny just worded like that.

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah, that wasn't the worst one they came up with though. I kinda liked the idea that Freddy had a part in Jason's childhood. But molestation is going too far. He was a mongoloid child after all.

Sam The Egg
01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah. I think they should've been kept seperate, though. Keep the lore in tact.

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
Yeah. I think they should've been kept seperate, though. Keep the lore in tact.

True, it was probably a smarter move in the end.

Nutty ****
01-22-2004, 01:31 PM
Haven't Seen it but want to. I think i'm getting it for my birthday

The Evil Dead
01-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Whoever created this thread, and those who agree with him are obviously not remembering how the old movies were...

Freddy vs Jason was a near perfect movie. Yu managed to make a movie that threwback to the Freddy and Jason movies of yore, yet mantain a damn good modern edge on the film. We've got cheesy lines, bad dialogue, and great gore scenes... ALL parts of what made the original Freddy and Jason movies great to begin with.

Evisceration
01-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by The Evil Dead
Whoever created this thread, and those who agree with him are obviously not remembering how the old movies were...

Freddy vs Jason was a near perfect movie. Yu managed to make a movie that threwback to the Freddy and Jason movies of yore, yet mantain a damn good modern edge on the film. We've got cheesy lines, bad dialogue, and great gore scenes... ALL parts of what made the original Freddy and Jason movies great to begin with.

Nothing to do with the topic, but I love your avatar, most original Freddy avatar I've seen in ages.

Sam The Egg
01-28-2004, 02:11 PM
That's Freddy? I thought it was the Scarecrow from the Batman comics

_Leatha_Face_
01-28-2004, 04:23 PM
u can always tell its freddy by his gay sweater

donniedarko3
01-29-2004, 11:18 PM
i thought it was brilliant. in fact i just went out and bought it less than an hour ago. Theres the loopholes in the plot and the whole "jason is scared of water thing", but if you forget about that shit and enjoi the movie its great. you should see it no matter what.

Leslie Daher
01-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Agreed...100% stinker-roooooo

Lady V
01-30-2004, 11:51 AM
Sure everybody has his/her own Taste of fave Movies, but for me Freddy vs Jason was and is my all time Fave Movie, itīs the best

friday13thfan
01-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Lady V
Sure everybody has his/her own Taste of fave Movies, but for me Freddy vs Jason was and is my all time Fave Movie, itīs the best

HELL YEAH i can agree with that:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Supercool
01-31-2004, 08:43 AM
I thought it was a realy good movie. It definately could have stunk, but I think they did good with the film. One of the better mainstream action-horror's to come out for a while. Freddy was, for the most part, in top form. Plenty of fun from him, but he retained a lot of his evil-ness. Jason was perfect, especially after the piece of sh*t that was (my all time worst movie) Jason X. The teen crowd weren't too annoying either, they made perfect cannon fodder for Freddy and Jason, and were dipensed with rather satisfyingly. Good film, wish I had of gotten around to watching it in the cinema, but it made a good rental and I'll proberly end up buying it in the future.

Magdalena_death
02-01-2004, 12:11 PM
I greatly enjoyed Freddy vs. Jason. Being a Fredhead and all. I agree Feddy was in top form and i love how they made Freddy part of Jason's nightmare. The gore was awesome. I love the scene with Katherina Isbelle and her bf are in the bedroom and K.I. leaves and the shit goes down with Jason. That f**king owned. My buddy Amy and I gothed out and saw it the night it the night it came out. We loved it and quoted lines from the film the whole night. And I had major turn on issues..coz the claw was used and i am like O_O on it. lol..anyone feel the same?

kpropain
02-01-2004, 05:30 PM
I thought it was a kick ass movie plus it had one of the best soundtracks ever.

hellfire1
02-01-2004, 05:49 PM
the movie was great. i was all nostalgic and reminiscent of my childhood while watching it... sniff ! lol
point is, a lot of people were waiting for this flick, and now that is was finally made, we're not going to spit on it.

sleepaway
02-03-2004, 05:13 AM
It was great! Loved it, I was surprised it turned out so good. I mean it'll be low on my favourite Freddy or Jason movie list but it turned out a lot better than it had any right to be. New Line did a good job, and you have to admit it was a daunting task.

Splatter Phreak
02-06-2004, 06:30 AM
This movie ruled - it was a bit of a fan pleaser i know, but it still kicked seven shades of shit out of most new horror crap.