PDA

View Full Version : YOU can make a difference

Roderick Usher
04-07-2008, 08:29 AM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/06/uwe-boll-will-quit-making-movies-with-one-million-signatures/

Stop Uwe Boll's "film career"... together we can make the world a better place!

urgeok2
04-07-2008, 08:32 AM
pretty pointless .. he killed his own career with dungeon seige.

plenty of other guys i'd go after first anyway ...

if M Nights next movie isnt absolutely fucking brilliant - he's toast.

missmacabre
04-07-2008, 08:35 AM
hahaha there are over 51000 now and im sending this to everyone I know.

jenna26
04-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I have yet to see even one Uwe Boll film. And as I have said, considering the amount of crap I tend to subject myself to....well....that's really saying something.

Posher778
04-07-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm 56817! wooooo!

bloody_ribcut
04-07-2008, 10:29 AM
viva la house of the dead!

:D

Rayne
04-07-2008, 11:16 AM
I have yet to see even one Uwe Boll film. And as I have said, considering the amount of crap I tend to subject myself to....well....that's really saying something.

Watch 'House Of The Dead'

Everyone HATED it (except ME :p). I mean, I wouldn't give it any awards, but it had a couple of decent scenes...I just don't think it was AS bad as everyone says it is.

*HEY!...Those tomatoes don't hurt, but they make a hell of a mess...Knock it off*...:p

And no, I'm NOT an Uwe Boll fan (do they even exist?), especially after what he did to BloodRayne. :mad:

Papillon Noir
04-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm #59556. I hope this works, he really is the king of crappy films and needs to be stopped.

missmacabre
04-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm #59556. I hope this works, he really is the king of crappy films and needs to be stopped.

well there were 5000 between myself and posh, and another 4000 between posh and you. I've seen the article posted on Digg so that'll get a ton of nerds to sign the petition.

Despare
04-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I haven't enjoyed one of his films but I don't think I would sign a petition to make him stop. I guess I just don't see why somebody shouldn't be allowed to keep making crap movies. Who knows, maybe he'll screw up and make something good one of these go arounds. I do think it was incredibly arrogant and childish for him to challenge critics to a boxing match. Especially when one of the stipulations was they couldn't have any training while he himself was an amateur boxer. What a horrible way to look at things though, if somebody doesn't like the dreck he produces he'll just beat them up.

urgeok2
04-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I haven't enjoyed one of his films but I don't think I would sign a petition to make him stop. I guess I just don't see why somebody shouldn't be allowed to keep making crap movies. Who knows, maybe he'll screw up and make something good one of these go arounds. I do think it was incredibly arrogant and childish for him to challenge critics to a boxing match. Especially when one of the stipulations was they couldn't have any training while he himself was an amateur boxer. What a horrible way to look at things though, if somebody doesn't like the dreck he produces he'll just beat them up.

i agree with the petition thing - if he can get away with it - whatever. do you blame him if people continue to see his movies ?

it should be the critics - then nobody... thats it.

i disagree with the boxing thing though - that was frigging brilliant on his part.

i dont believe that there was a problem with the critics having training .. i know Chris trained, and one of the others - the oungest one - boxed as a hobby or something.

as it was - he didnt punish anyone - most of them just turtled anyway - so he didnt hit them at all.

the guys involved all got publicity for it and in some cases found they liked Boll (because in person - he's a pretty cool guy)

i think Boll presented these guys with a pretty unique opportunity - i would definately had jumped at the chance - and had a lot of fun with it - i know Chris had a blast.

Chris also had a film crew follow him around and they're making a film (Raging Boll) that looks like it's going to be quite a laugh.

a lot of good came out of that .. moreso than most of his films :)

Despare
04-07-2008, 12:33 PM
i agree with the petition thing - if he can get away with it - whatever. do you blame him if people continue to see his movies ?

it should be the critics - then nobody... thats it.

i disagree with the boxing thing though - that was frigging brilliant on his part.

i dont believe that there was a problem with the critics having training .. i know Chris trained, and one of the others - the oungest one - boxed as a hobby or something.

as it was - he didnt punish anyone - most of them just turtled anyway - so he didnt hit them at all.

the guys involved all got publicity for it and in some cases found they liked Boll (because in person - he's a pretty cool guy)

i think Boll presented these guys with a pretty unique opportunity - i would definately had jumped at the chance - and had a lot of fun with it - i know Chris had a blast.

Chris also had a film crew follow him around and they're making a film (Raging Boll) that looks like it's going to be quite a laugh.

a lot of good came out of that .. moreso than most of his films :)

Uwe was picking the fights though, and although I'm not a big fan of Seanbaby he agreed to fight the guy.

"Uwe was going to promote his publicity stunt on G4's Attack of the Show by boxing one of the hosts. Again, he's a matchmaking genius, because everyone on TV is 3 feet tall. If you were watching Attack of the Show during the time I cohosted, you might have noticed that I could have leaned over and eaten host Kevin Pereira. A producer from the show remembered this and called me asking if I'd come on and fight Uwe. I train in Muay Thai and jujitsu, so I think boxing is to fighting what Hungry Hungry Hippos is to fighting, but—holy crap!—I couldn't pass up getting my fist near the mouth that shouted "action" on the set of House of the Dead.

Uwe, learning that he wasn't fighting a midget, asked for my age, height, weight, and fighting experience. I e-mailed this information, along with the reassurance that the Holocaust survivors got together and agreed he was the worst thing to come out of Germany. I figured this would make him mad enough to ignore that I'm several weight classes above him in F-List Celebrity Boxing. It didn't. After reading my stats, he suddenly couldn't make it on the show. There was a short discussion of flying me to the set of Postal, but I'm not holding my breath. Uwe is the one making the Nerd Combat rules, and rule No. 1 is: Uwe only hits people who don't explode Uwe's face when they hit back."

But anyway, I think fighting people because they talk crap about your movie is ineffectual. Beating the crap out of a critic won't make your movie better, but I guess it could give them enough brain damage to enjoy it. :)

urgeok2
04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
But anyway, I think fighting people because they talk crap about your movie is ineffectual. Beating the crap out of a critic won't make your movie better, but I guess it could give them enough brain damage to enjoy it. :)

i don't think he ever had any intentions of beating up any critics (and he didnt)
it was just a big publicity stunt...

if nothing else - the critics that turtled up looked kind of stupid ... whereas Chris - who actually landed a couple of blows - did get his bell rung - by Boll, but he also got his respect.

i guess the opportunity to make of it what you will was there - and Chris took full advantage of it.

i do know Boll didnt want to box out of his weight class ... but when you think of it .. maybe he was making a statement :

if you arent making films - dont talk shit about mine . or consider it as impotent as fighting a boxer without having any experience .

it's not the same thing but i can kind of see where he'd be coming from.

(a lot of people have said - it's easy to sit back as a critic and shit on him ... but he is making movies - which almost all critics wish they were doing - instead of just watching films.

Despare
04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
if you arent making films - dont talk shit about mine . or consider it as impotent as fighting a boxer without having any experience .

That's a dumb thing to say in the first place though, movies aren't made just for people who make movies, they're made for the masses. Ah well, Uwe Boll has always had the attitude that he'll keep making movies no matter how much crap he gets and I like that heh.

(a lot of people have said - it's easy to sit back as a critic and shit on him ... but he is making movies - which almost all critics wish they were doing - instead of just watching films.

I think a lot of critics would like to be making AND watching movies but I bet some of them just love being a critic. Like Ebert with Beyond the Valley of the Dolls, he made a (somewhat odd but interesting) movie but I bet he would never give up his job as a critic to make films full time.

urgeok2
04-07-2008, 02:25 PM
well, i kind of get it ..

if i personalize it - it reminds me of someone - some boss - finding my fault with my work when i know he/she has no idea how to do it - or has never done it.

i know this isnt justified - but it is a gut reaction.

re critics .. i only know one and i know for a fact he'd rather be making movies.

i think when you love movies that much - you would love to be involved in the creation process..

its a funny thing - making a living trying to convince others that this totally subjective thing is good or bad ..

thats why for me - i try to find one with as close as the same taste as mine to follow as far as recommendations go - but i dont take anything as gospel - just information and suggestions.

Despare
04-07-2008, 02:47 PM
well, i kind of get it ..

if i personalize it - it reminds me of someone - some boss - finding my fault with my work when i know he/she has no idea how to do it - or has never done it.

i know this isnt justified - but it is a gut reaction.

re critics .. i only know one and i know for a fact he'd rather be making movies.

i think when you love movies that much - you would love to be involved in the creation process..

its a funny thing - making a living trying to convince others that this totally subjective thing is good or bad ..

thats why for me - i try to find one with as close as the same taste as mine to follow as far as recommendations go - but i dont take anything as gospel - just information and suggestions.

I kind of get it the way he feels too but I think it's irrational. I know I couldn't JUST make movies because I watch them to see somebody else's vision, just making my own would bore me. Ah well, let the man make his crappy movies, twenty years from now people will talk about him the way folks to with Wood or Corman now. :eek:

urgeok2
04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
. Ah well, let the man make his crappy movies, twenty years from now people will talk about him the way folks to with Wood or Corman now. :eek:

you're probably right.

all this being said - i've heard some good buzz about "Postal"

illdojo
04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Rod, you have started a.......
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/illdojo/1qw1.jpg
I'm # 80139 :D

GorePhobia
04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I have signed it.

There is almost 90k now.

The STE
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
I was #27000 or so, but it will make no difference.

Dude Guadalupe
04-07-2008, 06:45 PM
I signed

missmacabre
04-07-2008, 06:53 PM
I signed

thats more than 2000 in the last hour. I think I saw V on there aswell. it was singned simple "V" with no comment.

Staplez
04-07-2008, 07:19 PM
The only one of his films Ive seen is House Of The Dead. I hated every second of it. But I dont think Im going to sign that. I, on the other hand will voice my protest by not paying to see that dribble.
The fact is, I really just dont care if he stops or not. By not seeing it, its not affecting me either way.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
I hate his movies, but I am a uwe boll fan and refuse to sign the petition. :cool:

The Mad Monk
04-07-2008, 07:31 PM
The only one of his films Ive seen is House Of The Dead. I hated every second of it. But I dont think Im going to sign that. I, on the other hand will voice my protest by not paying to see that dribble.
The fact is, I really just dont care if he stops or not. By not seeing it, its not affecting me either way.

Yes, a million signatures is a million people caring enough to react! Also, it may then reach the wider media as a news item, therefore bringing more publicity, but it's probably just a lighthearted publicity stunt anyway..

Despare
04-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes, a million signatures is a million people caring enough to react! Also, it may then reach the wider media as a news item, therefore bringing more publicity, but it's probably just a lighthearted publicity stunt anyway..

Boll a genius at marketing, if he wasn't he wouldn't get so many people to see his movies. Postal will hit us with some great marketing I bet including people speaking out against the movie because of the content (probably a few plants for sure). How he gets so many people to give him "one more shot" is beyond me, it's almost as if he's actually showed some potential. I may watch House of the Dead again though, maybe with a lot of beer... and some gin... and some vodka it will be funny.

Papillon Noir
04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Here's Uwe Bolls response to the petition:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=28769

The_Return
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM

He does have a point: at least he doesn't keep making the same shitty movies. He comes up with all new ones!

Roderick Usher
04-09-2008, 12:26 PM

Awesome!
"I am the ONLY fucking genius in this business"

what a fucking tool

ferretchucker
04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
You guys don't like Boll? He revolutionised the game-film genre and made germans popular again. I love his devotion to telling the story true to the game.

Dante'sInferno
04-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Uwe Boll had me in fucking stitches!

VampiricClown
04-09-2008, 12:56 PM
And I signed.

ferretchucker
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm #146029

Doc Faustus
04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
He's a character, he lets cool actors slum around in his movies and at least he's no Todd Sheets.

Staplez
04-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Personally I cant stand him. But, I admire that he keeps doing what he likes to do even though theres so many people that wish he would stop it.

Elvis_Christ
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Gee what a wonderful world changing thing to sign. Who gives a fuck get over this Uwe Bowl shit already its tired.

Go sign one of those petitions to stop remakes too :rolleyes:

Even better.... start thread #9999999 about it.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f384/oilersbuck/iloveyoutoo.jpg