PDA

View Full Version : Any Stephen King Fans Going To Blockbuster Soon?

Rayne
04-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Have you seen the Mist globe? When you shake it, it has little black spiders floating in it...I saw it last night. You buy the movie and get the globe for FREE (until they run out). I didn't do it because I thought I already bought the movie earlier, but as it turns out, I had bought 1408 but not The Mist...So, I'm getting the globe tonight.

It's a really cool collector's item.

This is a terrible picture of it, but I can't find a better one...I guess it's pretty rare.

http://www.blockbuster.com/themist

bloody_ribcut
04-02-2008, 01:56 PM
pretty cool, what kind of deal do they have on dvds over there? i always go to hollywood video instead...right now is 2 for 20...

urgeok2
04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Have you seen the Mist globe? When you shake it, it has little black spiders floating in it...I saw it last night. You buy the movie and get the globe for FREE (until they run out). I didn't do it because I thought I already bought the movie earlier, but as it turns out, I had bought 1408 but not The Mist...So, I'm getting the globe tonight.

This is a terrible picture of it, but I can't find a better one...I guess it's pretty rare.

thats one movie i dont think i'll ever own. the end bothered me so much i dont think i could ever watch it again

Dude Guadalupe
04-02-2008, 01:58 PM
thats one movie i dont think i'll ever own. the end bothered me so much i dont think i could ever watch it again

Agree.....

Rayne
04-02-2008, 02:01 PM
pretty cool, what kind of deal do they have on dvds over there? i always go to hollywood video instead...right now is 2 for 20...
They have TONS of used dvds @ 4 for $20. We bought 20 dvds night before last, then went back last night and bought 4 more (that was when I saw the globe as we were checking out). I thought I had already bought The Mist the night before, got home and checked but no Mist.

You have to buy The Mist new for $20 to get the globe, but it's worth it to me.

They also have a bunch of DVDs @ 2 for $20, but I'll just wait a week or two and get them for half that :p

newb
04-02-2008, 02:02 PM

My son is a manager of a Blockbuster.......gotta have to have a talk with the boy.....see if he can hook me up with one

Rayne
04-02-2008, 02:05 PM
the end bothered me so much i dont think i could ever watch it againI have to agree with you on that. I really didn't like the ending. Honestly, even in real life, don't you think he would have waited to make sure there was absolutely NO way for his son to survive before he took such drastic measures? And even then, I couldn't do it no matter what...That just made it not believable to me (well, if you can accept the basic concept of the movie as 'believable'...I'm sure you know what I mean). They should have stuck with the ending to the original story.

Other than the ending, most of the rest of the movie was almost exactly the way I pictured it when I was reading it. That was amazing to see for me.

I have to have ALL of King's movies and books.

Rayne
04-02-2008, 02:10 PM
My son is a manager of a Blockbuster.......gotta have to have a talk with the boy.....see if he can hook me up with one
Must be nice to have an asset like that :)

Hmm...I can't imagine anything Seri could do for me at Citibank...

Maybe I'll encourage Alex to work at Blockbuster in a few years :D

newb
04-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Must be nice to have an asset like that :)

Hmm...I can't imagine anything Seri could do for me at Citibank...

Maybe I'll encourage Alex to work at Blockbuster in a few years :D

It is....I get to watch all the new releases the weekend before they come out.

for free:D

trying to get my daughter to work at a liquor store.

Rayne
04-02-2008, 02:15 PM
It is....I get to watch all the new releases the weekend before they come out.

for free:D

trying to get my daughter to work at a liquor store.*laughing*

Niiice

These are things we don't consider when we start having kids...More people should think about the long-range benefits :D

urgeok2
04-02-2008, 02:26 PM

see if he can hook you upwith 2 :)

i cant watch the movie again but i'd dig a spider globe :D

Psycom5k
04-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Other than the ending, most of the rest of the movie was almost exactly the way I pictured it when I was reading it. That was amazing to see for me.

That's exactly what I would say. I'd say its one of SK's best movies. Did you know that HBO was/is in the works for a Dark Tower mini series? Oh and have you picked up The Dark Tower comic mini series? Those are good too, ya know when in the Wizard and Glass book when Roland tells the story of when he was just starting out as a gunslinger? They turned that into two comic mini series, infact they are currently doing the second series after Susan Delgado gets burned at the stake, and they are fleeing the town and heading home.

Its really good and the artwork is freaking awesome.

Dude Guadalupe
04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
I just went looking for the damn globes, turns out that every blockbuster within a 30 min radius is out and won't get anymore.

Sucks ass

bloody_ribcut
04-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I just went looking for the damn globes, turns out that every blockbuster within a 30 min radius is out and won't get anymore.

Sucks ass

that sucks,.......

Rayne
04-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Guess I'll be checking eBay...

Elvis_Christ
04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Blockbuster are scum... I don't support them.

They can't bribe me with a globe.

http://bbv0.tripod.com/

Roderick Usher
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM

loved it so much I can't stop watching it...

The b/w version is close to perfection

and My copy is signed by Thomas Jane;)

The STE
04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Sounds neat, but I'm not giving Blockbuster one thin dime of my money. Even if I had money I was in dire need to get rid of I'd sooner chuck it off a cliff.

Psycom5k
04-02-2008, 11:20 PM

You do realize that we are talkig about the Stephen King movie that came out last year right?

Phalanx
04-03-2008, 03:49 AM
I want a globe.

urgeok2
04-03-2008, 05:08 AM

i dont think it was a badly made film ... it was just too downbeat for me .. and the ending will haunt me for years to come.
I don't need that challenge again.

its the same way i felt about Mystic River.

i guess at my age there are some things that affect me in too much of a negative way for me to appreciate them (other than to respect that they pushed my buttons ... but then again - Disney was extremely manipulative that way too)

Roderick Usher
04-03-2008, 08:19 AM
You do realize that we are talkig about the Stephen King movie that came out last year right?

Um, yes... Frank Darabont did a color correction and the DVD has a black & white version. It's the same filme, just in black & white. The monsters look better and the whole thing feels like a 50s/60s style monster movie.

Darabont originally wanted to shoot the film and release it in black and white, but no studio would get beghind a b/w film these days. The b/w version is the director's original vision and how he intended the film top be seen.

Roderick Usher
04-03-2008, 08:26 AM
i guess at my age there are some things that affect me in too much of a negative way for me to appreciate them (other than to respect that they pushed my buttons ... but then again - Disney was extremely manipulative that way too)

Disney totally made me into the fan of darkness that I am. They used to make kids films filled with horrific images (the wicked witch in SNOW WHITE, the dargon in SLEEPING BEAUTY) and death (BAMBI's mom).

They were super manipulative films and I loved them for it. These days I keep running into people (my own siblings included) who think a child shouldn't know about death, which I find odd. Oh well, to each his own.

I'm totally not attacking you Urge, I respect your point of view, I simply have the opposite reaction when something pushes my buttons... I LOVE it:D It's what I always hope for in film and so rarely get.

**Fair Warning**you might not want to watch GIALLO or THE TOKAREV;)

urgeok2
04-03-2008, 08:37 AM
These days I keep running into people (my own siblings included) who think a child shouldn't know about death, which I find odd. Oh well, to each his own.

***************** Mist Spoilers included ********************

certain buttons i absolutely loved pushed ... especially pigtails and high heels ... or the 'holy crap' sensation i got from Cloverfield.

make no mistake - my kid understands death and we watch certain types of horror/violence - but i am of a mindset that the real world will hit him in the face soon enough and robbing him of some of the childhood innocence before need be is not in my game plan.

he's not at a point where i could explain to him why a father who loved his son could shoot and killed him - when it turns out he didnt have to.

my kid is tough in some ways - fragile in others ..

you need to accept that - yeah - some parents are overprotective - but others are very perceptive about how some things affect their kids.

it's not going to work out the same for everyone ..