PDA

View Full Version : Sam Rami

Elvis_Christ
01-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Everyone knows and loves the Evil Dead movies but I was wondering what you all thought about his other movies? I've just recently watched Darkman again and really enjoyed it.

mudsliptones
01-19-2004, 05:35 AM
I remember darkman, damn, that has been a while, i rememberred i loved it then

gotta watch it again

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Darkman is awesome. One of the best comic book movies that didn't come from a comic book. The Quick and the Dead, A Simple Plan, and The Gift are all really good as well.

KRUGERKID13
01-19-2004, 08:49 AM
To be perfectly honest i dont care for the evil dead series. Sure they were bloody but there wasnt that much surprise. I found them stupid and irritating but thats just my opinion.

mudsliptones
01-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by KRUGERKID13
To be perfectly honest i dont care for the evil dead series. Sure they were bloody but they wasnt that much surprise. I found them stupid and irritating but thats just my opinion.

I agree, evil dead is the kind of movie you either like or hate

if you think, hey they say it's a cool horror movie, you are wrong, the mixture of horror and comedy makes it the cool movie it is, but you have to like it
if you hate the commical effect in the movie, then well . . . .

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Whether or not Evil Dead is or isn't your thing, I think we can all agree it's well done and a great job application to Hollywood. But Raimi has made one truly HORRIBLE movie: Crimewave!!! Anyone seen this clunker?

mictlan
01-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Whether or not Evil Dead is or isn't your thing, I think we can all agree it's well done and a great job application to Hollywood. But Raimi has made one truly HORRIBLE movie: Crimewave!!! Anyone seen this clunker?

Crimewave is truly painful, but Raimi only gets half the blame: he made it with the Coen brothers. Don't get me wrong, I love the Coens, but you are right, Dr. K. Crimewave sucks.

More Coen/Raimi connections
- Joel Coen was the cinematographer for Evil Dead.
- In the Coen brothers film O Brother Where Art Thou, check out the cabin at the end, right before the flood. Does it look like the Evil Dead cabin? It's not... but the Coens had one built to look exactly like the Evil Dead cabin! How cool is that?

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 01:28 PM
Yes, it does now that you mention it. I love the Coens. Raimi says when he gets old he's going to release the ultimate Coen docu. Can't wait! O Brother is my favorite comedy of all time.

I love the scene in Blood Simple where McDormand nails Walsh's hand to the wall. Man, that's truly creative madness. Remember when Walsh is bragging about the plastic girl with the blinking nipples hanging from his rear-view mirror? Great stuff.

Raimi's cameo in Miller's Crossing was mucho cool. Did that gun compensate for something?? Hmmmm.

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Crimewave's certainly not the best of films, but it does have its moments. Namely Campbell as Renaldo the Heel. One of my favorite character names. And Ted Raimi as the laughing waiter cracks me up every time. It just has a really offbeat sense of humor.

"Maybe I'm a heel who hates guys who hate heels."

Elvis_Christ
01-21-2004, 02:13 AM
Crimewave could have been better it had to much interference by the studio. The lead was even meant to be played by Bruce Campbell. Heh did anyone post because i spelt Raimi's name wrong i just relised I did :) Speaking of the Cohen brothers Miller's Crossing is a truely amazing movie. Both Raimi and the Cohen brothers come from the school of you either love it it or hate it. Both have done some truely terrible movies/tv programs.... *tries to think of the shitty cowboy thing that Raimi produced* But one thought comes to mind Crimewave isn't as lame as the Hudsucker Proxy maybe Raimi and the Cohens don't mix.

Elvis_Christ
01-21-2004, 02:17 AM
and oh yeh Evil Dead 2?? You can't fuck with that its the perfect mix of humour, gore, scares. The other two I can take or leave Army of Darness has some terrible moments that just make you wanna kick some D&D geeks head in.

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
*tries to think of the shitty cowboy thing that Raimi produced*

*Hopes you are not talking about either The Quick and the Dead or Brisco County.*

Elvis_Christ
01-21-2004, 02:50 PM
*Hopes you are not talking about either The Quick and the Dead or Brisco County.* Yeh! Brisco County I fucking hate that show I don't know it just didn't work for me. Bruce Campbell is great in it but it was just to corny for me. The Quick and the Dead was pretty cool tho (especially because Leonardo DeCaprio dies in it - don't even get me started on how much he NEVER should have played Jim Carrol).

avenger00soul
01-21-2004, 02:57 PM
Yeh! Brisco County I fucking hate that show I don't know it just didn't work for me. Bruce Campbell is great in it but it was just to corny for me. The Quick and the Dead was pretty cool tho (especially because Leonardo DeCaprio dies in it - don't even get me started on how much he NEVER should have played Jim Carrol).

You're the first person I've heard of that didn't dig Brisco.

The Quick and the Dead is one of only two movies were Leo was cool. Good to see Gene Hackman whooped his ass though.

Elvis_Christ
01-22-2004, 01:42 AM
Yeh it just didn't grab me and I found most of the humour annoying rather than funny but that's just me of course.

mictlan
01-22-2004, 05:06 AM
I was annoyed by the humor in Evil Dead 2 but thought it was much more restrained in ED1.

"Now, the sun will be up in an hour or so and we can all get out of here together. You, me, Linda, Shelly. Hmm.. Well... not Shelly, she-"

That's funny.

Elvis_Christ
01-22-2004, 02:39 PM
haha yeh that line was a classic!

Angelakillsluts
01-22-2004, 03:21 PM
Evil Dead 1 was my favorite.

Elvis_Christ
01-23-2004, 03:20 PM
I think the second one is the best.

ckyguy
02-07-2004, 04:56 PM
I hate the evil dead.. I know no one cares and I'm glad but I hate it. I hate Sam Rami too...He thinks his movies are underground.....SPIDER-MAN..yea who directed that??

Jasonman
02-09-2004, 12:53 PM
I love Spiderman! The second one looked well good.

who directed that??

Sam Rami

Vodstok
02-11-2004, 06:34 AM
Hey, dont knock spidey. The only thing i would change is take Macie Gray's scary ass out of it.

sleepaway
02-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Brisco was hilarious. Wish it would come to DVD.

I really like Sam's acting in 'Indian Summer' he did a good job.

bloodrayne
02-16-2004, 12:47 AM
We need another Evil Dead movie

HighPriestWise
02-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Yes we do!!
Why did stop making them anyway?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

mictlan
02-17-2004, 01:23 PM
I'd be there on opening night if there were another one. I did see ED2 on opening night... totally deserted theater. I was sixteen or seventeen and was there with some girl... the only other person in the theater was a ten-year-old kid and he came and sat with us when he got spooked.

I bet you there will never be another ED film, because Sam Raimi doesn't need the money. Also, I feel like he still has enough affection for the project not to beat it into the ground like the Freddy, Jason, Halloween films.

Shade
02-17-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm satisfied with just the trilogy...Evil Dead II being my favorite horror movie of all time...Well I suppose it ties with Ichi the Killer...though I'm still not convinced that's horror...

HighPriestWise
02-18-2004, 10:37 AM
I never heard of that one.
What is it about?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

mictlan
02-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Ichi is about bad-ass sado-masochist Yakuzas, half-ass cops, and weird-ass kung-fu superheroes. Rooms full of entrails, self-mutilation, endless cycles of violence. If Coppola was Japanese and had a nasty speed/acid habit he might have made Ichi instead of the Godfather.

sleepaway
02-20-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by HighPriestWise
Yes we do!!
Why did stop making them anyway?

HIGH PRIEST WISE

They stopped doing them because part 3 bombed - yes we know we all love it but it didn't make any money.

HighPriestWise
02-27-2004, 09:55 AM
That's a good reason to stop.
I'm not sure I saw part 3.

HIGH PRIEST WISE

cheebacheeba
03-06-2004, 07:14 AM
It wasn't really called Evil dead 3, the main title was "Army of Darkness", assboy.

HighPriestWise
03-08-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm not a assboy FAGGET!!
I never saw that movie!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

cheebacheeba
03-08-2004, 10:41 AM
But HPW, I didn't call you an assboy Fagget
(The benefits of punctuation, people.)
I was just assboy, and rightly so.
You're an assboy BECAUSE you never saw it,
and, because you're you, ASSBOY.

HighPriestWise
03-08-2004, 10:43 AM
But I'm not a assboy, JACKASS!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

cheebacheeba
03-08-2004, 11:44 AM
You're not? You sure LOOK like an assboy...not to mention the smell...

HighPriestWise
03-08-2004, 12:24 PM
ok, shit for brains!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

cheebacheeba
03-08-2004, 12:29 PM
Hey.....cmon, shit for brains?!?
you'd have to post something like THIS
"HAIL SATAN!!!"
to be a shit for brains....

HighPriestWise
03-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I'll post whatever I damn well want!
You're not a Mod or the Amin!!
Dumbass!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

cheebacheeba
03-10-2004, 07:35 AM
I don't have to be a mod or admin to tell you that this shit
"HAIL SATAN!!!" is stupid...

HighPriestWise
03-10-2004, 10:07 AM
That is just what you think and guess what, I don't give a FUCK!!
I think your user name sounds gay!
Oh, I forgot, you are gay!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
High Priest Wise

cheebacheeba
03-10-2004, 11:07 AM
You sure got me beat....."High Priest Wise"

"Oh, I forgot, you are gay!!"

- So did I, seeing as I'm straight and all.

HighPriestWise
03-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Man, you are one gay bitch!!

HAIL SATAN!!!
HIGH PRIEST WISE

SpeakOfTheDevil
03-31-2004, 07:56 AM
Everyone knows and loves the Evil Dead movies but I was wondering what you all thought about his other movies? I've just recently watched Darkman again and really enjoyed it.
sam raimi rules muthafuckazzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!this is my BOOM stick

HighPriestWise
04-17-2004, 02:30 PM
I'm back everyone! Who missed me??

HIGH PRIEST WISE

Demon Seed
04-19-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm watching Evil Dead RIGHT NOW:cool:

HighPriestWise
04-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Gee, thanks for telling us!!

HAIL SATAN!!!